Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 3rd October 2021, 16:14   #1  |  Link
Masstock

libBlu mainMuxer - A very experimental muxer

libBlu mainMuxer (temporary name) is an experimental MPEG-2 Transport Stream muxer created to multiplex video, audio and other kind of elementary stream into the BDAV MPEG-2 Transport Stream format (.m2ts) suitable for Blu-ray Disc authoring.

GitHub repository: https://github.com/Masstock/libBlu_mainMuxer

Current version: v0.5 (Pre-release)
Download the current version

Original post:
Quote:
Hi everyone !

One year ago (a bit more maybe), I started to point my interest on BD authoring. More precisely, I was looking to understand how BD contents are made, how can I replicate this, etcetera but in depth. I start using tsMuxer and I try to find how it works, but at this time I were unable to read C++ code (And was very novice in C) and tsMuxer seemed to me too complex for a beginner like me. So 6 month ago, I took the option to build my own program, completely disregarding existing solutions to try a more progressive approach. What a mistake... For somebody too lazy to read some code lines, I burned my brain with standards, patents, other specifications books and with an hexadecimal reader on my precious discs ;-;
But after I make a demuxer in Python (an incredibly slow one), I work on a newer program (in C, a bit faster) called libBlu mainMuxer (totally temporary name, I'm pretty bad in naming things, 'mainMuxer' because that is my main filename, since I plan to build a complete toolkit).

And here we are 'libBlu mainMuxer' ! I'm kind depressed to spend so many time on it without any public result, so I would like to share my small experimental muxer. It has absolutely no pretension to surpass tsMuxer (and I have the sensation to come very late after the battle), but if in future it can become a solid alternative, I would be very happy.
It's main target is to try to produce BD-compliant M2TS files (or at least try, I never see official White Books, other than poor public ones), so no iso, support of non-BD medias, MP4 input... Only elementary streams to M2TS.

Currently here's the list of supported codecs:
MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, LPCM (.wav), Dolby Audio (AC-3, EAC-3 and TrueHD, maybe only from pre-muxed files, since I don't have access to Dolby professional products), DTS Audio (DCA, DTS-HD codecs).

The program is compiled from C for Windows 10 64bits (I plan to release it open source, but when it will be more complete and less buggy). A more complete description of how it works (and of course how to make it works) and details on roadmap is available in readme.
Also, when program encounter an error, it commonly returns a error code, complete list is attached. If you don't understand the error, just ask me, as I say in readme, I will make a proper complete documentation with clearer explanations but until now, nothing else is available, sorry.

PS: This is my first ever post (even if I read forums posts since a while), so if I done anything wrong, I apologize in advance.

Last edited by Masstock; 15th October 2022 at 15:53. Reason: v0.5 update
Masstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2021, 13:42   #2  |  Link
tebasuna51

Welcome to your first post in the forum.

I need to aprove it despite you are a registered user from may 14.
Maybe I need to do so more times because https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=183045

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masstock View Post
...A more complete description of how it works (and of course how to make it works) and details on roadmap is available in readme.
The readme is not in the zip.
Old 4th October 2021, 20:09   #3  |  Link
Masstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
Welcome to your first post in the forum.
Thank you !

Quote:
I need to aprove it despite you are a registered user from may 14.
Maybe I need to do so more times because https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=183045
No problem ^^ I was scared to be rejected, as I maybe literally come from nowhere with a program.

Quote:
The readme is not in the zip.
Uh... Beginner's top mistake. I will try to re-include it if I manage to edit my post (and include in this post just in case).
I forgot to precise it in my presentation, but of course, currently the muxer is CLI only (I don't currently even try to make GUI).
Attached Files
File Type: txt readme.txt (8.9 KB, 94 views)
Old 15th October 2022, 16:11   #4  |  Link
Masstock

Version 0.5 and public release

Hi !

I just realized that I haven't published anything in a year of work. So I finally managed to convince myself to publish my code. I did (and still have to do) a lot of rewrites, adjustments.

My main target is now to fix bugs and play with subtitles (like adding a buffer verifier, I'm also looking for subtitles generation from ASS files with animations support).

Quote:
Changelog since 0.4:
- HDMV IGS/PGS support.
- HDMV IGS (Menus) generation from a descriptive XML file.
- H.264 HRD Verifier fixed.
- DTS PBR smoothing implemented.
- Implementation of a T-STD Buffer Model to increase buffer accuracy.
- Support of Unicode in most parts of the program.
- Input files parsing speed HEAVLY increased.
- Debugging and errors management as been simplified.
- A lot of bug fixes.