Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 19th February 2004, 00:28   #61  |  Link
esby

I tried to compile avs 2.54 (and suceeded after a ...long time)

If that can help other people,
I'll resume what the thread is saying,
more or less...

(maybe someone should put the infos in the doc?)

relevant information for compiling with VC6

* Install visual studio (containing VC6)

edit: warning the links are for the US version of Visual Studio,
if you are using a non US version, get the specific version...
* Install Visual Studio SP5 (130mb)
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...-US/VS6sp5.exe
* Install Visual C++ Processor Pack (1mb)
check http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...N-US/vcpp5.exe for links

EDIT: with 2.55 version, the following is no longer needed...
Code:
* Install Platform SDK (feb 2003) (31mb for core sdk - minimal)
http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/...sdk/sdkupdate/

* Install DirectX 8.1 SDK (160mb)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/r...eleaseID=33706

And then you are all good for the needed download...

* Recompile \<DXSDK directory >\samples\Multimedia\DirectShow\BaseClasses\baseclasses.dsp 
in order to avoid a nasty bug (in release & debug mode)

* Go in VC++, Tools, options,  Directories :

There check .h (headers) section:

a working path order is :
...DXSDK\SAMPLES\MULTIMEDIA\DIRECTSHOW\BASECLASSES
...DXSDK\INCLUDE
...MICROSOFT SDK\INCLUDE
...Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE
...Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\MFC\INCLUDE
...Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\ATL\INCLUDE

next step go in Library :
...DXSDK\SAMPLES\MULTIMEDIA\DIRECTSHOW\BASECLASSES\DEBUG
...DXSDK\SAMPLES\MULTIMEDIA\DIRECTSHOW\BASECLASSES\RELEASE
...DXSDK\lib
...Microsoft SDK\Lib
...Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Lib
...Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Lib
...Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\MFC\LIB

then you might be able to compile it :)
Code:

I hope it will help somebody...

esby

Last edited by esby; 11th March 2004 at 14:45.
esby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2004, 12:47   #62  |  Link
sh0dan
Retired AviSynth Dev ;)

Just wanted to add a note, that from 2.55 it should be considerably easier to compile AviSynth, as the DirectShow stuff has been moved to a separate plugin.

This eliminates all DirectX stuff and probably the Platform SDK.

You can do a CVS checkout if you want the new code.
Old 11th March 2004, 14:47   #63  |  Link
esby

Just checked with removing PSDK and not installing DirectX 8.1 SDK here...
2.55 compiled fine on this computer.

Nice work sh0dan

esby
Old 23rd March 2004, 15:43   #64  |  Link
scmccarthy

I thought I'd add something here, I can confirm that the DXDSK and the Platform SDK are not needed anymore. Until now, all we needed from the processor pack was ml.exe for the assembler module. I didn't need it because I used the one from the DDK SDK that I have. There are three header files that are needed now that were not needed before and since they have no corresponding libs all I needed to solve the problem was download them from the internet. They are Intel files emmintrin.h, xmmintrin.h, and mmintrin.h.

Maybe they are part of the Intel compiler, but in that case a lot more people would have trouble.

Normally there would be a corresponding link error following an include error and this would not be enough, but in this case it is. As the names imply they probably define types that make it easier to use mmx or sse2 without out writing in assembler.

This all started because audio.cpp now includes emmintrin.h.

Stephen
scmccarthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2004, 23:05   #65  |  Link
esby

Getting the processor pack is not really a problem,
Its size is inferior to 2mb.

What was dreadful was to get DSDK pack, just to compile one filter...
(and if people did like i did, getting the wrong version pack, it's worse

esby

PS: I have no intel compiler installed here, so ...
Old 23rd March 2004, 23:34   #66  |  Link
Si
Simply me

The processor pack is the stumbling block for those of us without access to the bigs boys version of MS VC++.

But then again, maybe if we can't pay then we shouldn't be allowed to play in the big game stakes

regards
Simon
Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2004, 00:08   #67  |  Link
esby

damn, so true...
never noticed this 'block' indeed...

then I am wondering if providing the missing file(s) is legal or not...

esby
Old 30th March 2004, 06:49   #68  |  Link
scmccarthy

class not registered

After a successful compile, I get an error when trying to play the avs file. Is there a step missing when installing AviSynth.dll or is it a bad compile?

Stephen
Old 30th March 2004, 09:46   #69  |  Link
stickboy
AviSynth Enthusiast

Did you compile the Release or Debug configuration? I had trouble with the Debug configuration.
stickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2004, 16:23   #70  |  Link
scmccarthy

Release, I've been wondering if debug were standard.
Code:
@echo off
set path=D:\WINDDK\2600\bin\x86;%PATH%
echo compiling:
cl.exe /G6 /MD /W3 /wd4005 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /D "NDEBUG" /D "INC_OLE2" /D "STRICT" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_MT" /D "_DLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AVISYNTH_C_EXPORTS" /Fr /Yu"stdafx.h" /Yc"stdafx.h" /FD /Gs /GF /c .\stdafx.cpp
cl.exe /nologo /G6 /MD /W3 /wd4005 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /D "NDEBUG" /D "INC_OLE2" /D "STRICT" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_MT" /D "_DLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AVISYNTH_C_EXPORTS" /Fr /Yu"stdafx.h" /FD /Gs /GF /c .\core\parser\*.cpp
ren .\core\main.cpp main.c
cl.exe /nologo /G6 /MD /W3 /wd4005 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /D "NDEBUG" /D "INC_OLE2" /D "STRICT" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_MT" /D "_DLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AVISYNTH_C_EXPORTS" /Fr /Yu"stdafx.h" /FD /Gs /GF /c .\core\*.cpp
ren .\core\main.c main.cpp
cl.exe /nologo /G6 /MD /W3 /wd4005 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /D "NDEBUG" /D "INC_OLE2" /D "STRICT" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_MT" /D "_DLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AVISYNTH_C_EXPORTS" /Fr /FD /Gs /GF /c .\core\main.cpp
cl.exe /nologo /G6 /MD /W3 /wd4005 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /D "NDEBUG" /D "INC_OLE2" /D "STRICT" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_MT" /D "_DLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AVISYNTH_C_EXPORTS" /Fr /Yu"stdafx.h" /FD /Gs /GF /c .\audio\*.cpp
cl.exe /nologo /G6 /MD /W3 /wd4005 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /D "NDEBUG" /D "INC_OLE2" /D "STRICT" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_MT" /D "_DLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AVISYNTH_C_EXPORTS" /Fr /FD /Gs /GF /c .\audio\dbesi0.c
cl.exe /nologo /G6 /MD /W3 /wd4005 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /D "NDEBUG" /D "INC_OLE2" /D "STRICT" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_MT" /D "_DLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AVISYNTH_C_EXPORTS" /Fr /Yu"stdafx.h" /FD /Gs /GF /c .\filters\overlay\*.cpp .\filters\*.cpp .\filters\conditional\*.cpp .\sources\avi\*.cpp
ren .\sources\avi_source.cpp avi_source.c
ren .\sources\source.cpp source.c
cl.exe /nologo /G6 /MD /W3 /wd4005 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /D "NDEBUG" /D "INC_OLE2" /D "STRICT" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_MT" /D "_DLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AVISYNTH_C_EXPORTS" /Fr /Yu"stdafx.h" /FD /Gs /GF /c .\sources\*.cpp
ren .\sources\avi_source.c avi_source.cpp
ren .\sources\source.c source.cpp
cl.exe /nologo /G6 /MD /W3 /wd4005 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /D "NDEBUG" /D "INC_OLE2" /D "STRICT" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_MT" /D "_DLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AVISYNTH_C_EXPORTS" /Fr /Yu"stdafx.h" /FD /Gs /GF /c .\sources\source.cpp .\convert\*.cpp
mkdir .\Release
move *.obj .\Release
move *.sbr .\Release
ml.exe -c -coff -Cx -Fo.\Release\convert_a.obj .\convert\convert_a.asm
rc.exe /l 0x409 /d "NDEBUG" -Fo.\Release\avisynth.res .\core\avisynth.rc
echo linking:
link.exe /NODEFAULTLIB:libc ../distrib/lib/SoundTouch.lib ../distrib/lib/pfc.lib ../distrib/lib/devil.lib ../distrib/lib/softwire.lib msacm32.lib vfw32.lib kernel32.lib advapi32.lib version.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib ole32.lib uuid.lib winmm.lib oleaut32.lib /nologo /dll /machine:I386 /out:.\Release\avisynth.dll .\Release\*.obj .\Release\avisynth.res
del .\Release\*.obj
del .\Release\*.sbr
..\distrib\upx -9 release\avisynth.dll 
copy Release\avisynth.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32 
copy ..\distrib\bin\devil.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32
That is how I do it; it compiles, but it does not run.

Stephen

P.S. I get a linker warning : all references to 'WINMM.dll' discarded by /OPT:REF
Old 29th April 2004, 10:11   #71  |  Link
dandragonrage

I just checked out the CVS code. It compiles with VS6. I want to use VS7 (.Net) because the compiler optimizes much better, but I get errors with it.

Linking...
Creating library .\Release/avisynth.lib and object .\Release/avisynth.exp
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBC' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
SoundTouch.lib(SoundTouch.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall std::runtime_error::runtime_error(class std::runtime_error const &)" (??0runtime_error@std@@QAE@ABV01@@Z)
SoundTouch.lib(FIFOSampleBuffer.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall std::runtime_error::runtime_error(class std::runtime_error const &)" (??0runtime_error@std@@QAE@ABV01@@Z)
SoundTouch.lib(FIRFilter.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall std::runtime_error::runtime_error(class std::runtime_error const &)" (??0runtime_error@std@@QAE@ABV01@@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall FIRFilter::setCoefficients(float const *,unsigned int,unsigned int)" (?setCoefficients@FIRFilter@@UAEXPBMII@Z)
SoundTouch.lib(SoundTouch.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall std::runtime_error::~runtime_error(void)" (??1runtime_error@std@@UAE@XZ)
SoundTouch.lib(FIFOSampleBuffer.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall std::runtime_error::~runtime_error(void)" (??1runtime_error@std@@UAE@XZ)
SoundTouch.lib(FIRFilter.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall std::runtime_error::~runtime_error(void)" (??1runtime_error@std@@UAE@XZ)
SoundTouch.lib(SoundTouch.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) const std::runtime_error::`vftable'" (__imp_??_7runtime_error@std@@6B@)
SoundTouch.lib(FIFOSampleBuffer.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) const std::runtime_error::`vftable'" (__imp_??_7runtime_error@std@@6B@) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall FIFOSampleBuffer::ensureCapacity(unsigned int)" (?ensureCapacity@FIFOSampleBuffer@@AAEXI@Z)
SoundTouch.lib(FIRFilter.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) const std::runtime_error::`vftable'" (__imp_??_7runtime_error@std@@6B@)
SoundTouch.lib(SoundTouch.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) private: bool __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Grow(unsigned int,bool)" (__imp_?_Grow@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@AAE_NI_N@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall SoundTouch::setChannels(unsigned int)" (?setChannels@SoundTouch@@QAEXI@Z)
SoundTouch.lib(FIFOSampleBuffer.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) private: bool __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Grow(unsigned int,bool)" (__imp_?_Grow@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@AAE_NI_N@Z)
SoundTouch.lib(FIRFilter.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) private: bool __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Grow(unsigned int,bool)" (__imp_?_Grow@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@AAE_NI_N@Z)
SoundTouch.lib(SoundTouch.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) private: void __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Eos(unsigned int)" (__imp_?_Eos@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@AAEXI@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall SoundTouch:utSamples(float const *,unsigned int)" (?putSamples@SoundTouch@@UAEXPBMI@Z)
SoundTouch.lib(FIFOSampleBuffer.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) private: void __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Eos(unsigned int)" (__imp_?_Eos@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@AAEXI@Z)
SoundTouch.lib(SoundTouch.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) private: void __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Tidy(bool)" (__imp_?_Tidy@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@AAEX_N@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall SoundTouch:utSamples(float const *,unsigned int)" (?putSamples@SoundTouch@@UAEXPBMI@Z)
SoundTouch.lib(FIFOSampleBuffer.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) private: void __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Tidy(bool)" (__imp_?_Tidy@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@AAEX_N@Z)
.\Release/avisynth.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals

It would really be awesome if someone could get this working.

Gentoo box: K7S5A, Palomino 2100+, 512MB PC133, GF256, WD800JB, Samsung 8x DVD-ROM

Last edited by dandragonrage; 29th April 2004 at 10:24.
dandragonrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2004, 17:31   #72  |  Link
scmccarthy

I have to use
Code:
link.exe /NODEFAULTLIB:libc
to get the cvs to compile.

It compiles fine, but still does not work. Does anyone know how to install avisynth.dll? Or is something wrong with the way I compile it?

Here is the batch file I use:
Code:
@echo off
set path=D:\WINDDK\2600\bin\x86;%PATH%
REM TARGTYPE "Win32 (x86) Dynamic-Link Library" 0x0102

REM PROP AllowPerConfigDependencies 0
REM PROP Scc_ProjName ""
REM PROP Scc_LocalPath ""

REM PROP Use_MFC 0
REM PROP Use_Debug_Libraries 0
REM PROP Output_Dir "Release"
REM PROP Intermediate_Dir "Release"
REM PROP Target_Dir ""
echo compiling:
REM ADD BASE cl.exe /nologo /MT /W3 /wd4005 /GX /O2 /D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AVISYNTH_EXPORTS" /YX /FD /c
cl.exe /G6 /MD /W3 /wd4005 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /D "NDEBUG" /D "INC_OLE2" /D "STRICT" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_MT" /D "_DLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AVISYNTH_C_EXPORTS" /Fr /Yu"stdafx.h" /Yc"stdafx.h" /FD /Gs /GF /c .\stdafx.cpp
cl.exe /nologo /G6 /MD /W3 /wd4005 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /D "NDEBUG" /D "INC_OLE2" /D "STRICT" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_MT" /D "_DLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AVISYNTH_C_EXPORTS" /Fr /Yu"stdafx.h" /FD /Gs /GF /c .\core\parser\*.cpp
ren .\core\main.cpp main.c
cl.exe /nologo /G6 /MD /W3 /wd4005 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /D "NDEBUG" /D "INC_OLE2" /D "STRICT" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_MT" /D "_DLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AVISYNTH_C_EXPORTS" /Fr /Yu"stdafx.h" /FD /Gs /GF /c .\core\*.cpp
ren .\core\main.c main.cpp
cl.exe /nologo /G6 /MD /W3 /wd4005 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /D "NDEBUG" /D "INC_OLE2" /D "STRICT" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_MT" /D "_DLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AVISYNTH_C_EXPORTS" /Fr /FD /Gs /GF /c .\core\main.cpp
cl.exe /nologo /G6 /MD /W3 /wd4005 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /D "NDEBUG" /D "INC_OLE2" /D "STRICT" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_MT" /D "_DLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AVISYNTH_C_EXPORTS" /Fr /Yu"stdafx.h" /FD /Gs /GF /c .\audio\*.cpp
cl.exe /nologo /G6 /MD /W3 /wd4005 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /D "NDEBUG" /D "INC_OLE2" /D "STRICT" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_MT" /D "_DLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AVISYNTH_C_EXPORTS" /Fr /FD /Gs /GF /c .\audio\dbesi0.c
cl.exe /nologo /G6 /MD /W3 /wd4005 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /D "NDEBUG" /D "INC_OLE2" /D "STRICT" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_MT" /D "_DLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AVISYNTH_C_EXPORTS" /Fr /Yu"stdafx.h" /FD /Gs /GF /c .\filters\overlay\*.cpp
cl.exe /nologo /G6 /MD /W3 /wd4005 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /D "NDEBUG" /D "INC_OLE2" /D "STRICT" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_MT" /D "_DLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AVISYNTH_C_EXPORTS" /Fr /Yu"stdafx.h" /FD /Gs /GF /c .\filters\*.cpp
cl.exe /nologo /G6 /MD /W3 /wd4005 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /D "NDEBUG" /D "INC_OLE2" /D "STRICT" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_MT" /D "_DLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AVISYNTH_C_EXPORTS" /Fr /Yu"stdafx.h" /FD /Gs /GF /c .\filters\conditional\*.cpp
cl.exe /nologo /G6 /MD /W3 /wd4005 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /D "NDEBUG" /D "INC_OLE2" /D "STRICT" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_MT" /D "_DLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AVISYNTH_C_EXPORTS" /Fr /Yu"stdafx.h" /FD /Gs /GF /c .\sources\avi\*.cpp
ren .\sources\avi_source.cpp avi_source.c
ren .\sources\source.cpp source.c
cl.exe /nologo /G6 /MD /W3 /wd4005 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /D "NDEBUG" /D "INC_OLE2" /D "STRICT" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_MT" /D "_DLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AVISYNTH_C_EXPORTS" /Fr /Yu"stdafx.h" /FD /Gs /GF /c .\sources\*.cpp
ren .\sources\avi_source.c avi_source.cpp
ren .\sources\source.c source.cpp
cl.exe /nologo /G6 /MD /W3 /wd4005 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /D "NDEBUG" /D "INC_OLE2" /D "STRICT" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_MT" /D "_DLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AVISYNTH_C_EXPORTS" /Fr /Yu"stdafx.h" /FD /Gs /GF /c .\sources\source.cpp
cl.exe /nologo /G6 /MD /W3 /wd4005 /GX /O2 /Ob2 /D "NDEBUG" /D "INC_OLE2" /D "STRICT" /D "WIN32" /D "_WIN32" /D "_MT" /D "_DLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AVISYNTH_C_EXPORTS" /Fr /Yu"stdafx.h" /FD /Gs /GF /c .\convert\*.cpp
REM mkdir .\Release
move *.obj .\Release
move *.sbr .\Release
ml.exe -c -coff -Cx -Fo.\Release\convert_a.obj .\convert\convert_a.asm
rc.exe /l 0x409 /d "NDEBUG" -Fo.\Release\avisynth.res .\core\avisynth.rc
echo linking:
REM ADD BASE link.exe kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib /nologo /dll /machine:I386
link.exe /NODEFAULTLIB:libc ../distrib/lib/SoundTouch.lib ../distrib/lib/pfc.lib ../distrib/lib/devil.lib ../distrib/lib/softwire.lib msacm32.lib vfw32.lib kernel32.lib advapi32.lib version.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib ole32.lib uuid.lib winmm.lib oleaut32.lib /nologo /dll /machine:I386 /out:.\Release\avisynth.dll .\Release\*.obj .\Release\avisynth.res
del .\Release\*.obj
del .\Release\*.sbr
..\distrib\upx -9 release\avisynth.dll 
REM copy Release\avisynth.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32 
REM copy ..\distrib\bin\devil.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32
Stephen
Old 29th April 2004, 22:29   #73  |  Link
dandragonrage

It compiles file? Does avisynth\distrib\bin\avisynth.dll exist, then?

Gentoo box: K7S5A, Palomino 2100+, 512MB PC133, GF256, WD800JB, Samsung 8x DVD-ROM
Old 29th April 2004, 23:13   #74  |  Link
scmccarthy

Oh yes, but if I do the last two lines where it copies the two files to system32, I get an error when I try an avs file.

Stephen
Old 30th April 2004, 08:55   #75  |  Link
Bidoche
Avisynth 3.0 Developer

@dandragonrage

All your missing externals come from the standard template library which must be included with .NET. (as with every C++ compiler)

I do not know if you have to link it as a lib or if mere includes will do.
Anyway you can try :
#include <string>
#include <stdexcept>
Bidoche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2004, 12:21   #76  |  Link
dandragonrage

None of that worked. I also tried point VC.net to the lib directory of VC6 and copying the linker library include stuff over but that also did not help.

Old 30th April 2004, 19:54   #77  |  Link
scmccarthy

@dandragonrage

You are not linking with the C runtime library due to the conflict with libc.lib. Using NODEFAULTLIB would get rid of the error messages, but I am not certain if that would solve the problem since it does not work for me.

Stephen
Old 30th April 2004, 23:25   #78  |  Link
dandragonrage

Using nodefaultlib gets rid of the warning but doesn't help the errors.

Old 1st May 2004, 16:35   #79  |  Link
scmccarthy

@dandragonrage,

Maybe the lib environment variable points to a version of libcmt.lib that is incompatible with the includes you use.

Or maybe the version of C runtime library you link with is not the same one that SoundTouch.lib links to. Really the second answer is more likely.

Stephen
Old 3rd May 2004, 22:19   #80  |  Link
ada2001

I have the same compile errors as dandragonrage. I'm using VSNet 2003. I've tried (of course) using the /NODEFAULTLIB:C option to no avail. Has anyone else been able to get a working VS .NET 2003 build?

Thanks!
ada2001 is offline   Reply With Quote