Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 14th April 2013, 20:01   #16921  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

well the one from the LAVF encode i can't see as the log got cleaned before the rebuild of dgenc one. The dgenc one was 18.837 Kbs for the main title. Anyways, cba to run another encode with lavf just to see the output size again & the encode bitrate. Unless you really need that info. Takes about 5-6hrs here for a rebuild
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2013, 23:21   #16922  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
well the one from the LAVF encode i can't see as the log got cleaned before the rebuild of dgenc one. The dgenc one was 18.837 Kbs for the main title. Anyways, cba to run another encode with lavf just to see the output size again & the encode bitrate. Unless you really need that info. Takes about 5-6hrs here for a rebuild
No big deal. I'd be very surprised if the same value wasn't used for both.
Old 15th April 2013, 00:22   #16923  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

well out of curiosity i started the build again (but aborted once it got to the encoding phase of the main title) VID_00023 just to see the bitrate. LAVF bitrate was: it was close enough 18.636 kbps. Does that look normal for the 400MB overall size difference?
Old 15th April 2013, 10:05   #16924  |  Link
yoyobabyyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I guess it could, but it'd be very unusual for an updated OCX to not remain compatible.

Try opening a command window in administrator mode -- and cut/past the command from REG_MSCOMCTL.BAT into the window (or type it in). I seem to remember a report once in which that was the only way that person could get it to register.

But... if the problem is MSCOMCTL, you should get a very specific error message that tells you that.

You are using all the versions that are linked in the first post of this thread, right?
The problem of this error was caused by the installation of Microsoft Office 2013. I was running BDRB 0.43.06 for about a week until I uninstalled Office 2010 and installed Office 2013. When I uninstalled 2013 and went back to 2010, the issue went away and BDRB was able to open just fine. Just thought I should contribute my findings...
yoyobabyyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2013, 19:40   #16925  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyobabyyo View Post
The problem of this error was caused by the installation of Microsoft Office 2013. I was running BDRB 0.43.06 for about a week until I uninstalled Office 2010 and installed Office 2013. When I uninstalled 2013 and went back to 2010, the issue went away and BDRB was able to open just fine. Just thought I should contribute my findings...
Confirmed. Exactly same experience here. I would assume that the problem is caused by the uninstallation of Office 2010 rather than by the installation of Office 2013. The newer version of mscomctl.ocx which is shipped with Office 2013 works flawlessly when I copied & registered it manually.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2013, 20:51   #16926  |  Link
SuLyMaN

Im trying to convert a dvd to mkv and getting this error

Code:
[23:53:08] Importing DVD: DRAGONBALL_VOLUME_1
 - Importing DVD title [1 of 2]
   - Collecting audio/video/subtitle streams...
   - Converting subtitles to BD format...
   - Multiplexing audio/video/subtitles...
[23:54:32]ERROR: Remuxing to BD failed.  Aborted.
I tried another DVD source ( recorded from an LG recorder)
Same error.
Code:
[00:01:49] Importing DVD: 3TB-DISK02
[00:02:21]ERROR: Remuxing to BD failed.  Aborted.

Last edited by SuLyMaN; 15th April 2013 at 20:57.
SuLyMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2013, 20:57   #16927  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

If you're using a dvd and want an mkv then why would you use bdrb. You'll be better of using dvd-rebuilder instead. That one is ment for dvds

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk
Old 15th April 2013, 21:03   #16928  |  Link
JJB

I believe he is trying to output to MKV which DVD Rebuilder does not do.
JJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 01:42   #16929  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuLyMaN View Post
Im trying to convert a dvd to mkv and getting this error

Code:
[23:53:08] Importing DVD: DRAGONBALL_VOLUME_1
[23:54:32]ERROR: Remuxing to BD failed.  Aborted.
I tried another DVD source ( recorded from an LG recorder)
Same error.
Code:
[00:01:49] Importing DVD: 3TB-DISK02
[00:02:21]ERROR: Remuxing to BD failed.  Aborted.
I can't imagine what could be happening, I've done hundreds of transfers from DVD to MKV using this exact same method. Is it possible that the source is MPEG-1? MPEG-1 is legal for DVD (although it is very rare) but illegal for muxing to BD.

Also, are you using the latest BD-RB version?

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th April 2013 at 14:11.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 05:46   #16930  |  Link
SuLyMaN

Quote:
I can't imagine what could be happening, I've done hundreds of transfers from DVD to MKV using this exact same method. Is it possible that the source is MPEG-1? MPEG-1 is legal for DVD (although it is very rare) but illegal for muxing to BD.

Also, are you using the latest BD-RB version?
Yes the version off your website I downloaded yesterday. I can check the source if MPEG-1 but I doubt it since the first DVD I tried was a commercial DVD.

I could try a 3rd one (in 3 days time) when I get back home.

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th April 2013 at 14:11.
SuLyMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 18:03   #16931  |  Link
amirkhan

there seems to be a problem navigating to network shares. This would be solved if the file selection was a selection, but with a txt input field.

See this pic, i have ripped a bluray to my network as the laptop HDD is too small.. then on my desktop i want to access share but BD re-builder wont see it

I can navigate in explorer just fine (see the pic).

EDIT:

I've got around this by mapping the share to a drive and feeding that to BD Rebuilder. However, could this be addressed?
Attached Images

Last edited by amirkhan; 16th April 2013 at 18:08.
amirkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 18:15   #16932  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirkhan View Post
there seems to be a problem navigating to network shares. This would be solved if the file selection was a selection, but with a txt input field.

See this pic, i have ripped a bluray to my network as the laptop HDD is too small.. then on my desktop i want to access share but BD re-builder wont see it

I can navigate in explorer just fine (see the pic).

EDIT:

I've got around this by mapping the share to a drive and feeding that to BD Rebuilder. However, could this be addressed?
I certainly don't see the issue -- I just navigated to a network share on my computer... I do it every day. In fact, when you are selecting a source or destination -- it is the Microsoft (explorer) browsing windows that you are using.

I can browse to "Network", select the source computer, browse for the shared folder, and it works fine. See the image below

I have no idea what "txt input field" you are talking about... you can't type in a source or destination you have to browse to them.
Attached Images

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th April 2013 at 18:22.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 18:32   #16933  |  Link
amirkhan

Quote:
I certainly don't see the issue -- I just navigated to a network share on my computer... I do it every day. In fact, when you are selecting a source or destination -- it is the Microsoft (explorer) browsing windows that you are using.
I think you are right, sorry. I think I am not in the same workgroup of the server (samba box). So when i use explorer it is the same as in rebuilder, but i am able to type in the UNC path "\\192.168.0.1", which explorer then browses too, so its not a bug per se, a feature request?.

Also I just tried to preview something and it didnt work. Its the mediaplayer.exe bundled with this app, if I try and preview the same transport steam outside your app it works but there is no audio. This is by dragging and dropping the transport stream into mplayer.exe.

I do have HPHC 64bit installed and if I could specify the path to it, it would be nice. That works just fine for audio and video and is my media player of choice.

Attached is the log when trying a preview (not working); and also the compression log (which was working fine but i aborted)

I've just started the compression and its working just fine so any things needed by the app should be installed and working?, I didn't install the required apps because I should already have them installed, and if the re-encode is working they must be working?. I too a peek in the work dir and the first encoded file is playable and is reduced in size from 273 MB (287,188,992 bytes) to 134 MB (140,777,472 bytes) to your app (and app dependencies) are working.

File Open dialog as used in notepad allows for the typing in a path in the filename part (see attached pic).
Another question, if we donate, are we donating for this one app?, or for dvd rebuilder?, or "just" a donation.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip BD-REBUILDER.zip (756 Bytes, 26 views)
File Type: zip playerlogs.zip (2.1 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by amirkhan; 16th April 2013 at 18:34.
Old 16th April 2013, 18:41   #16934  |  Link
jdobbs

A donation is a donation either way. If you donate the minimum amount for DVD-Rebuilder Pro you will get that Pro version, but you'd still be listed as a BD Rebuilder donator as well. That would count in the event there was ever a "Pro" version of BD Rebuilder. But as of right now I plan on keeping BD Rebuilder based completely upon voluntary donations. My experiences with DVD Rebuilder convinced me of that. Too many know-nothing hackers were attempting to crack the software's usage key and their patches caused all kinds of issues & crashes. Unfortunately the people using the cracked releases were blaming the software instead of the hack (typical). It's just more of a headache than I care to experience again.
Old 16th April 2013, 18:47   #16935  |  Link
amirkhan

Quote:
A donation is a donation either way. If you donate the minimum amount for DVD-Rebuilder Pro you will get that Pro version, but you'd still be listed as a BD Rebuilder donator as well. That would count in the event there was ever a "Pro" version of BD Rebuilder. But as of right now I plan on keeping BD Rebuilder based completely upon voluntary donations. My experiences with DVD Rebuilder convinced me of that. Too many know-nothing hackers were attempting to crack the software's usage key and their patches caused all kinds of issues & crashes. Unfortunately the people using the cracked releases were blaming the software instead of the hack (typical). It's just more of a headache than I care to experience again.
I just donated you $20 USD, a token of my appreciation for the apps you write.

edit:
whoops i just re-read that thing about the minimum donation, can I send you another $10 to make up the difference?. or if you reject the $20 I can send the straight full amount?

I've also noticed the VID in rebuilder is the SAME as the ID for the file, so i can preview outside of rebuilder using mphc, so no big deal there. The only thing missing is compression level for each VID, ideally i want to apply MAX compression for the extras and as little as possible to the main movie, in the future maybe?.

Last edited by amirkhan; 16th April 2013 at 18:56.
Old 16th April 2013, 20:34   #16936  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirkhan View Post
I just donated you $20 USD, a token of my appreciation for the apps you write.

edit:
whoops i just re-read that thing about the minimum donation, can I send you another $10 to make up the difference?. or if you reject the $20 I can send the straight full amount?

I've also noticed the VID in rebuilder is the SAME as the ID for the file, so i can preview outside of rebuilder using mphc, so no big deal there. The only thing missing is compression level for each VID, ideally i want to apply MAX compression for the extras and as little as possible to the main movie, in the future maybe?.
There's no minimum donation. Let's take this conversation to a PM -- donations are off topic. But it is very much appreciated.
Old 16th April 2013, 23:03   #16937  |  Link
Rich86

Quote:
Well, I'm confused. I looked at the SUP stream that is in the backup and the forced_on_flag is very definitely set. So I have no idea why it isn't always displaying.

I looked at the standard, and it is very clear, with no ambiguities whatsoever, that the player should show the forced subs when forced_on_flag is set, even if no subtitle is selected.

I could fairly easily pull the individual forced subtitles into a SUP of their own and turn that one on... but that's NOT how it's supposed to work.
Has any further progress been made on the forced subtitles issue related to Zero Dark Thirty?
btw - I played around with Zero Dark Thirty a bit more using multiAVCHD & Clown-BD.
multiAVCHD does not provide the forced subtitles on its output for this title.
Clown-BD creates a separate forced subtitles only sup, but also activates the subtitles successfully with out activating that forced subtitle sup.
When I process the movie only output of Clown-BD through BD-RB, the forced subtitles continue to work just fine without activating the forced subtitles only sup.
Your comment of "I could fairly easily pull the individual forced subtitles into a SUP of their own and turn that one on." - appears to be what Clown-BD does if you check/grey out the "forced subtitles" box, in case that is helpful.

Update: I processed the output from Clown-BD thru BD-RB to shrink it down and the forced subtitles still work fine on the output from BD-RB.

Last edited by Rich86; 17th April 2013 at 14:21.
Rich86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 08:10   #16938  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
@Capsbackup & AmigaFuture

Please let me know if that fixes it...
Hello,

I was referencing my Backup with Menus and Movie Extras blanked BD25 output experience with his Alternate Output. I had noticed Extras with Robin Hood: PoT Score extra with many AC3's having that Video error but I think it's because the video is made of 1 still (?) and several AC3 while the sound plays.. So, perhaps BD-RB is showing the error because it's trying to treat it as a Movie?
I'll check into it some more to see if it is 1 still even though BD-RB shows as rendering which suggests an actual movie. If I click continue then it seems fine. I haven't tried Alternative output of MP4. I may try it to experience what happens.

I located the Extra .TS. I had BD-RB Import it. Everything was read fine, and I also checked that it is a 10 second video using MKVMerge and MKVExtract. Back to BD-RB, It imported fine...but when I selected for it to Backup in Full the render of the video crashed.

I chose to use Select from the List after picking the Original rip instead this time. It rerendered the video, and is processing the bunch of AC3's for Alternate MP4 output.
The process is finished, and noticed no crashing. Hmm!! I proceed to Directory Opus, and double click the .mp4 and it looks good, sounds good too...with VLC. Oops...while selecting the next Audio and the next, they all have the same sound. However, if I choose to advance to the next chapter, the video remains but the Seek moves to the next track and music changes.
What was 11.5MB is "ROBIN_HOOD_POT_01.MP4" is now 2.03GB. That's interesting.

I wasn't caring so much about this extra, but wanted to help BD-RB and others' whom might want to include it. Now, though, I'm interested. I'll read any reply you may have in the morning or around lunch. Okay, 1:42am, I'm tired and Didn't consider the size. Herp-Derp.. Modifying that now and processing.. After wondering why the file size of the output was so much larger, I checked the last .TS in the directory, now I know why the other, 11.5MB was so short. Hmm...still learning how Blu-ray functions as well as their attempts to fool... Setting BD-RB to reprocess and me; bed.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 17th April 2013 at 10:28.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 13:48   #16939  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
Has any further progress been made on the forced subtitles issue related to Zero Dark Thirty?
btw - I played around with Zero Dark Thirty a bit more using multiAVCHD & Clown-BD.
multiAVCHD does not provide the forced subtitles on its output for this title.
Clown-BD creates a separate forced subtitles only sup, but also activates the subtitles successfully with out activating that forced subtitle sup.
When I process the movie only output of Clown-BD through BD-RB, the forced subtitles continue to work just fine without activating the forced subtitles only sup.
Your comment of "I could fairly easily pull the individual forced subtitles into a SUP of their own and turn that one on." - appears to be what Clown-BD does if you check/grey out the "forced subtitles" box, in case that is helpful.
Unfortunately, though, that's not the way it's supposed to work. I'm trying to determine why they sometimes aren't displaying even though they are marked as forced. It has to be something to do with the movie-only BD format creation. I'll figure it out.
Old 17th April 2013, 15:28   #16940  |  Link
sieve

Quote:
Based on your description it sounds like your system is experiencing a heat related instability. Pass two is where the processor is really under stress. I'd check all the fans and clean any dust out of the heatsinks. If you're handy with computers, you may also want to re-seat the processor and replace the heatsink compound.
Just a follow up - this was spot on.

I started experiencing the same issues again as described in earlier posts. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything. Multiple times. I scrubbed the registry clean line by line. Ran crap cleaner. No success.

So I went into the box and did a thorough cleaning. Previously, I had done a cursory vacuuming because it really wasn't that dusty inside. But when I unscrewed the heatsink fan to clean it, I saw that the top of the heatsink was caked with dust. The fins were also clogged with dust down a ways also. So the heatsink fan was basically useless.

I cleaned the heatsink thoroughly and reseated the processor.

Everything is working fine now.

Thanks!
sieve is offline   Reply With Quote