Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 15th March 2009, 20:34   #761  |  Link
carlmart
Carlos Martinez

Probably a stupid question.

As I am not familiar with avisynth yet, I am using AVStoDVD as the program to load my scripts in.

But now I am doing some tests, for which another topic was opened in Doom9, to convert DV video onto HD video.

What I wonder is if I can till get AVStoDVD to process my files, as I am not after a DVD compatible file now.
carlmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 20:04   #762  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@calmart

surely not stupid... but not clear. Please clarify better.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 21:33   #763  |  Link
carlmart
Carlos Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
surely not stupid... but not clear. Please clarify better.
Let's see if I can.

If I understand your program, it links several functions into one, with the main objective of making easy to end up with a DVD or DVD compatible files. Right?

Until now I have been using it for that. It also has been my timid introduction to avisynth and avisynth scripts.

But now I am entering a new field: processing DV and HDV files. The main objective, if possible, is to process DV files so I can upscale them to HD, by resizing and several other ways.

What I asked was if I could use your program mainly to handle the scripts, but I don't think it will be useful for my purpose.
Old 16th March 2009, 22:37   #764  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@calmart

Yes, of course you can use AVStoDVD to generate simple script. But, keep in mind that AVStoDVD scripts follow DVD standard, not HD standard. You have to know the HD specifications and adjust the script according to them (screen size, aspect ratio, framerate...).

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 19th March 2009, 05:04   #765  |  Link
marius1

Quote:
@marius1

I have downloaded your SUP file and feeded into BDSup2Sup, without success: the sw recognizes only 1.195 seconds with no text.

You should address the issue directly to BDSup2Sup authour, because I fear that is the only viable solution right now.

SubtitleCreator should be upgraded to support BD subs very soon. Let's wait.

Bye
MrC!
Hey i just wanted to let you know that I just tried BDSup2Sup v2.2 and the SUP file loads fine. Perhaps I will convert it to an IDX file next time before trying AVStoDVD again.
marius1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 03:36   #766  |  Link
marius1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marius1 View Post
MrC!
Hey i just wanted to let you know that I just tried BDSup2Sup v2.2 and the SUP file loads fine. Perhaps I will convert it to an IDX file next time before trying AVStoDVD again.
Oh you know what would be amazing. It would be awesome if AVStoDVD can demux the subtitle from m2ts and convert as well.
marius1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 14:37   #767  |  Link
carlmart
Carlos Martinez

I have an old film that I recorded off the air that I want to crop in the upper border. It would be a resize but irregular. It would be a question o tryng different values until I crop-off what I want.

How can I do that with AVStoDVD?
Old 20th March 2009, 20:01   #768  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@marius1

Many things could be awesome... but AVStoDVD is not a subs demuxer/editor. You can understand.

@calmart

Go to 'Title Edit'/'AviSynth' and play around with 'Crop' and 'Preview Clip'

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 20th March 2009, 20:29   #769  |  Link
carlmart
Carlos Martinez

Quote:
Go to 'Title Edit'/'AviSynth' and play around with 'Crop' and 'Preview Clip'
OK. Could do it fine.
Old 22nd March 2009, 20:37   #770  |  Link
carlmart
Carlos Martinez

I have been trying to see how I could use AVStoDVD to join two avi files and output a single m2t file.

There doesn't seem to be a specific command to do that. I think perhaps avisynth could do it, but I am not sure how.

After some googling I got to a command that might do it, but I am not sure what text would need to get it into AVStoDVD. The command would be:

DirectShowSource("c:\Path_And_Filename1.avi")+DirectShowSource("c:\Path_And_Filename2.avi")

What command should I load into the Avisynth Script page?
Old 23rd March 2009, 22:58   #771  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

You can sobstitute this script line:

Code:
Video = A2DVideoSource("c:\Path_And_Filename.avi", CacheFolder = "C:\YourTempFolder")
with these lines:

Code:
Video1 = A2DVideoSource("c:\Path_And_Filename1.avi", CacheFolder = "C:\YourTempFolder")
Video2 = A2DVideoSource("c:\Path_And_Filename2.avi", CacheFolder = "C:\YourTempFolder")
Video = Video1 + Video2
Please take note that, with a "red" AVS script, AVStoDVD will not correctly compute output size calculation.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 24th March 2009, 03:25   #772  |  Link
carlmart
Carlos Martinez

Quote:
You can sobstitute this script line:

Code:
Video = A2DVideoSource("c:\Path_And_Filename.avi", CacheFolder = "C:\YourTempFolder")
with these lines:

Code:
Video1 = A2DVideoSource("c:\Path_And_Filename1.avi", CacheFolder = "C:\YourTempFolder")
Video2 = A2DVideoSource("c:\Path_And_Filename2.avi", CacheFolder = "C:\YourTempFolder")
Video = Video1 + Video2
Please take note that, with a "red" AVS script, AVStoDVD will not correctly compute output size calculation.
Something seems to be missing on that script.

The video came out fine, joined as one. But the audio did not join.

Maybe something like "audio = audio1 + audio2" should be added?
Old 24th March 2009, 15:48   #773  |  Link
carlmart
Carlos Martinez

Well, new try, new failure.

The video comes joined alright, the audio does not.

I tried it again using a line, which I don't know if it's "legitimate": audio = audio1 + audio2. But it didn't get me a joined audio file.

Any suggestion on how I can get there with avisynth?

BTW: there's another issue which I tried both ways and got the same wrong results, which is loading both files with Add Title or loading just one.
Old 24th March 2009, 20:16   #774  |  Link
MysticE

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlmart View Post
I have been trying to see how I could use AVStoDVD to join two avi files and output a single m2t file...
It might be easiest to just do it first. There are many free apps to do this.

This one would be a good choice as it also removes any audio delays that can sometimes cause sync problems.

http://www.alexander-noe.com/video/amg/

Avidemux also works well.
MysticE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 20:25   #775  |  Link
Flux

Why Hcenc VBR 2-pass use only about 60-70% from each four CPU cores? I don't know if other two options do same because I choose 2-pass for everything.
Old 24th March 2009, 22:21   #776  |  Link
carlmart
Carlos Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticE View Post
It might be easiest to just do it first. There are many free apps to do this.

This one would be a good choice as it also removes any audio delays that can sometimes cause sync problems.

http://www.alexander-noe.com/video/amg/
Thanks. A very cool and simple program.

Now I will go through AVStoDVD and do the rest.

But I still wonder if there's no way to do it with ATD.
Old 24th March 2009, 22:57   #777  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@calmart

a full "joining" script could be like this (adapt it to your needs):

Code:
Import("C:\Programmi\AV\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video1 = A2DVideoSource("D:\Film1.avi", CacheFolder = "D:\Temp")
Video2 = A2DVideoSource("D:\Film2.avi", CacheFolder = "D:\Temp")
Video = Video1 + Video2
Video = Video.ConvertToYV12
Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(720,576)

Audio1 = A2DAudioSource("D:\Film1.avi", CacheFolder = "D:\Temp")
Audio2 = A2DAudioSource("D:\Film2.avi", CacheFolder = "D:\Temp")
Audio = Audio1 + Audio2
Audio = Audio.SSRC(48000)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
BTW, I agree with MysticE that you should join AVIs *before* going thru AVStoDVD.

@Flux

I made no tweaks to improve HCenc handling of multicore CPU, just added the command *SMP which turns on multithread encoding in HCenc.
If your 4core is not fully used by HCenc, your complains should be addressed to HCenc.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 24th March 2009, 23:22   #778  |  Link
carlmart
Carlos Martinez

Quote:
@calmart

a full "joining" script could be like this (adapt it to your needs):

Code:
Import("C:\Programmi\AV\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video1 = A2DVideoSource("D:\Film1.avi", CacheFolder = "D:\Temp")
Video2 = A2DVideoSource("D:\Film2.avi", CacheFolder = "D:\Temp")
Video = Video1 + Video2
Video = Video.ConvertToYV12
Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(720,576)

Audio1 = A2DAudioSource("D:\Film1.avi", CacheFolder = "D:\Temp")
Audio2 = A2DAudioSource("D:\Film2.avi", CacheFolder = "D:\Temp")
Audio = Audio1 + Audio2
Audio = Audio.SSRC(48000)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
BTW, I agree with MysticE that you should join AVIs *before* going thru AVStoDVD.
Thanks. I already followed MysticE advice.

But it's good to know I can still use AVStoDVD for that.
Old 1st April 2009, 03:04   #779  |  Link
hlrsnd

Audio doesn't work w/AVISource

Hello,

I'm experimenting with this fine program. I have short Canon camera .avi files which I join together with simple Avisynth scripts. I save the joined files by saving as .avi in Virtualdub. The original files are motion jpegs and I am using ffdshow's motion jpeg video format for the joins.

I have tried using both AVISource and DirectShowSource for my Avisynth scripts. Both produce apparently similar .avi files which play fine in Virtualdub and WMP, and appear to be the same in GSpot.

However, the files are somehow different. Those created using DirectShowSource work fine in AVStoDVD. Those created using AVISource always crash. Through trial and error, I have discovered that the problem is the audio. If I save an AVISource .avi with no audio, it opens fine in AVStoDVD.

I have tried using various forms of audio compression in Virtualdub, and Direct Stream Copy. Nothing works using AVISource. I would like to use AVISource, because it's almost twice as fast as DirectShowSource when processing in Virtualdub.

What am I missing or doing wrong?
hlrsnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 22:05   #780  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

From AviSynth documentation:

Quote:
AVISource takes as argument one or more file name in quotes, and reads in the file(s) using either the Video-for-Windows "AVIFile" interface, or AviSynth's built-in OpenDML code (taken from VirtualDub). This filter can read any file for which there's an AVIFile handler. This includes not only AVI files but also WAV files, AVS (AviSynth script) files, and VDR (VirtualDub frameserver) files. If you give multiples filenames as arguments, the clips will be spliced together with UnalignedSplice. The bool argument is optional and defaults to true.

The AVISource filter examines the file to determine its type and passes it to either the AVIFile handler or the OpenDML handler as appropriate. In case you have trouble with one or the other handler, you can also use the OpenDMLSource and AVIFileSource filters, which force the use of one or the other handler. Either handler can read ordinary (< 2GB) AVI files, but only the OpenDML handler can read larger AVI files, and only the AVIFile handler can read other file types like WAV, VDR and AVS.

Up to v2.04, WAVSource was an alias to AVIFileSource. In later versions, WAVSource doesn't try to open the video stream anymore. It can be useful if you want to retrieve the audio stream from an AVI file but the video stream is damaged or its compression method is not supported on your system.

From v2.04 up there is built-in support for ACM (Audio Compression Manager) audio (e.g. mp3-AVIs). AVISource is also no longer able to open WAV-files, which must be accessed by using WAVSource.

From v2.06 the pixel_type parameter (default YUY2) allows you to choose the output format of the decompressor. Valid values are "YUY2", "RGB32" and "RGB24". If omitted, AviSynth will use the first format supported by the decompressor (in the following order: YUY2, RGB32, RGB24). This parameter has no effect if the video is in an uncompressed format (YUY2, RGB32 or RGB24), because no decompressor will be used in that case. From v2.5 the default pixel_type parameter is changed to YV12. To put it in different words: if you don't specify something it will try to output the AVI as YV12, if that isn't possible it tries YUY2 and if that isn't possible it tries RGB.

Sometimes the colors will be distorted when loading a DivX clip in AviSynth v2.5 (the chroma channels U and V are swapped), due to a bug in DivX (5.02 and older). You can use SwapUV to correct it.

From v2.53 AVISource can also open DV type 1 video input (only video, not audio).

From v2.55, an option fourCC is added. FourCC, is a FOUR Character Code in the beginning of media file, mostly associated with avi, that tells what codec your system should use for decoding the file. You can use this to force AviSource to open the avi file using a different codec. A list of FOURCCs can be found here. By default, the fourCC of the avi is used.
If you are saving in mp3 format, AVISource should be able to open it. For more info, please post here the log file of your crashed AVStoDVD project.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum