Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 29th June 2010, 18:20   #6001  |  Link
rattice

Hi all, and especially deank. Been browsing forums for hours looking for this answer to no avail. I think it is EXTREMELY rare that a guy builds such great software that is free, AND is always on forums answering questions about it. I commend you on this.
This is for anyone that can answer. Using multiAVCHD for mkv video playback with HD audio on PS3 since there is nothing that can stream it from PC. I have a 500GB portable HDD that I set up with fat32 to which multiAVCHD outputs. Now sometimes I run into the "Ref count (X)! Height (yyy) not compliant" issue, which results in the dreaded green bar at the bottom. What I have read is that I can transcode or re-encode using multiAVCHD which should solve this issue? The most recent movie with this problem is 1080p but the error is this: "Ref count [5] too high / Height (796) non-compliant!". I have had success with compliant files, but not with these types of errors. If you could please tell me how to process these files to eliminate the green bar, which options to use, etc, I would appreciate it. Thanks so much in advance.

Last edited by rattice; 29th June 2010 at 18:22.
rattice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 21:30   #6002  |  Link
Capsbackup

Why are the 1080P files non-compliant? Did they come from a Blu-ray rip?
If not, why not just reencode to be compliant. That would eliminate your problem for PS3 playback. Properly resize to 1920x1080 or 1280x720, and possibly 1440x1080.
You could try this: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=135795
multiAVCHD will also allow you to input a custom AVS script, so you could reencode to compliance with it too.

Last edited by Capsbackup; 1st July 2010 at 05:03. Reason: Corrected resolution typo
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 21:54   #6003  |  Link
rattice

Yeah, it's re-encoding now with multiAVCHD...but the ETA is 4 hrs and 40 mins!! That's for 1 movie and it's a trilogy so times that by 3. The resolution is 1920X796 for some reason.
Old 29th June 2010, 22:23   #6004  |  Link
Music Fan

You should try MKV2VOB to avoid a reencoding of your video.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/mkv2vob
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 23:13   #6005  |  Link
rattice

would the result from that be playable on the PS3 with HD Audio ?
Old 30th June 2010, 00:26   #6006  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattice View Post
would the result from that be playable on the PS3 with HD Audio ?
You could try to use tsMuxer to demux a small piece of the video you want to test by using the Split & Cut function, perhaps 2-3 minutes should be enough, remux to .ts or .m2ts or another program to mkv, then use Music Fan's suggestion of MKV2VOB. Should save you a lot of time, especially if no reencoding is necessary.
Old 30th June 2010, 18:44   #6007  |  Link
rattice

Well, it doesn't "need" to be re-encoded as it actually plays, but with a big GREEN BAR at the bottom of the screen, and the picture is pushed up to the top of the screen (uncentered). I believe this is due to it being non-AVCHD compliant. No way I am watching a movie like that, and the only way I was told to fix it is to re-encode...

Last edited by rattice; 1st July 2010 at 00:57.
Old 30th June 2010, 23:11   #6008  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Ooopps... Rattice we can't help you.

Quote:
I wish people would state the resolution in the NFO (1920X796) so you know in advance!!
Old 1st July 2010, 03:43   #6009  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
Dean I think the answer to this question is as simple as examining the disc itself for any copyright symbol or statement. If Panasonic did not apply one, then I would think they will be hard-pressed to complain about its distribution?
Not exactly true, at least in the U.S. Your work is automatically copyrighted as soon as it is published. A little tighter control is to indicate that is it copyrighted. Best is to register it with the U.S. Copyright Office.

Just because something is freely distributed does not mean it is without copyright. Unless it is marked that it is in the public domain, it isn't.

A manual comes with every TV too, but it is copyrighted material.

Odds are that Panasonic will not come after anyone that provides copies of it for free. As soon as you try to collect money for it, they probably will come after you.

My two cents.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 04:10   #6010  |  Link
Capsbackup

deank, for some reason that I can't figure out, I am unable to create a motion menu longer than 32 seconds using build 757 or 758. I select 0 no limit, use as is, enter my 60 second .ts or .m2ts file, but the video will stop at 32 seconds while the audio continues til the end, 60 seconds. It will then begin over again, but the video is only 32 seconds. If I check the file in the BDMV folder, 80010.m2ts, and play it with MPC, it also reports it is only 32 seconds.

Last edited by Capsbackup; 1st July 2010 at 06:27.
Old 1st July 2010, 04:20   #6011  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Note 1: I've never been into DVD authoring. (never authored 1 DVD).
I have, using a program called DVD Maestro, a professional DVD authoring package.

When a video is finished, you can go to any resource that is available. That means it can be a menu or another video. If it is a menu, it can be any button on the menu, i.e., highlighted as the default option.

I have no idea what BD can do. I do not have access to a professional BD authoring package, or at least a manual. I do know it can do a LOT more.
Old 1st July 2010, 04:21   #6012  |  Link
rattice

I ran into another problem. I have used this app for mkv files and made them into AVCHD compliant for PS3 playback, but I tried to add an M2TS file from the BD backup (stream folder) and then clicked start, and I keep getting an error:

[00:00:52] Important files missing (clpi/mpls/m2ts)...
[00:00:52] Possible tsMuxeR failure to process your input file (E:\_Movies\INCREDIBLE HULK 2008\BDMV\STREAM\00009.m2ts).
[00:00:52] M2TS (media) file count: 1
[00:00:52] CLPI (clipinfo) file count: 0
[00:00:52] MPLS (playlist) file count: 0

[00:00:52] Skipping to next...

[00:00:52] ERROR: Compilation does not contain any HD-DVD/AVCHD/Blu-ray titles!

00009.m2ts is the main movie file. I wanted to run it through multiAVCHD to end up on my USB device so I could take advantage of HD audio. I ended up streaming it with DTS because I couldn't figure out this error.

ANyone?
Old 1st July 2010, 04:45   #6013  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
Properly resize to 1920x1280 or 1280x720, and possibly 1440x1080.
I suspect you really mean 1920x1080.
Old 1st July 2010, 04:53   #6014  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
I suspect you really mean 1920x1080.
Yes, thanks for the correction.
Old 1st July 2010, 09:51   #6015  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

@Caps: The 'no limit' option applies only to XMB menu style.
Old 1st July 2010, 14:57   #6016  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
@Caps: The 'no limit' option applies only to XMB menu style.
Thanks deank, figured I was missing something simple.
Old 1st July 2010, 16:41   #6017  |  Link
Music Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattice View Post
Well, it doesn't "need" to be re-encoded as it actually plays, but with a big GREEN BAR at the bottom of the screen, and the picture is pushed up to the top of the screen (uncentered). I believe this is due to it being non-AVCHD compliant. No way I am watching a movie like that, and the only way I was told to fix it is to re-encode...
I learnt today that there is a green bar only when the number of lines is under 514 for 720p (thus 1280.514, ratio = 2,49:1) and probably more for 1080p/i.
So, if the rule is the same for 1080p/i, you need 772 lines (1920/2,49) to avoid the green bar (it will be black). But I don't know if it will be centered or not.
I don't have PS3 so I can't test it.
As you have 796 lines, I don't understand what happens. Maybe, it doesn't work with 1920.xxx videos.
Have you well 1920 points per line or less ?

Last edited by Music Fan; 1st July 2010 at 16:47.
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 19:39   #6018  |  Link
insaneoctane

Just a quick question about processing titles directly from Blu Ray inside MAVCHD...
I know you can select/deselect the various streams (audio, subtitles, etc), but I've noticed (in the past) when I use tsMuxer to select/deselect the various streams I will often see multiple VIDEO sources. The second video source is often a lower res (like 720p or 480p), but in tsMuxer I usually ONLY include the 1080p "main" video stream. So, is this functionality lost if I'm using MAVCHD to select/deselect my streams? With out this selection option, should I assume that the lower res video is always included in the resultant file (which obviously would make it larger) with no value? Just looking for clarification, thanks!
insaneoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 21:07   #6019  |  Link
rattice

Yeah, I tried to add the "main" video stream (movie.m2ts) via "Add Video Files", and was unable to create the AVCHD similar to using mkv files. I think I was able to do it by deleting all the useless other files from the STREAM folder, then adding the BDMV folder via the "AVCHD/BDMV/DVD folders" button.
Old 3rd July 2010, 08:57   #6020  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneoctane View Post
Just a quick question about processing titles directly from Blu Ray inside MAVCHD...
No, multiAVCHD will try to detect and use only the primary video track, leaving low-res tracks out of the final mux.

You'll see a message in the log "Only this video track will be used"... or something similar.

Dean

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author