Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 8th July 2010, 10:09   #6041  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f362580 View Post
deank, can we have more types of 3D => anaglyph conversion?
I have cyan-red glasses (not red-cyan) personally.
The option is in SETTINGS. There is magenta/green option - probably your glasses are this type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisynth_challenged View Post
I downloaded the setup file for the latest version of multiavchd.

Question: Can the install package for multiavchd 4.x be run so that it installs version 4.x over a previous 3.x installation? I'm running WinXP Pro 32-bit SP3.
Yes, but I'd suggest not to do that. If you do, please remove multiAVCHD.ini file.

Dean
Old 8th July 2010, 18:11   #6042  |  Link
Avisynth_challenged

Regarding my previous question about whether version 4.x could be installed right over 3.x, you wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Yes, but I'd suggest not to do that. If you do, please remove multiAVCHD.ini file.

Dean

I confess that I was not patient enough to wait for the reply, and went ahead and ran the installer for 4.1, which installed in my system under Program files > MultiAVCHD, where my previous install (version 4.0, not 3.x as I previously thought) was located.

The result is that I now have two installations residing on my system, version 4.0 and version 4.1, with quick launch icons for each available one residing in the startup quick launch folder on my system.

I've been playing around with 4.1, which seems to be in working order (great software, by the way!). I have not tried to launch or use version 4.0 since the update installation.

Is this an okay configuration to have for MultiAVCHD? Or should I maybe uninstall everything, then re-install only the latest 4.1? I just want to be sure that I'm running your software properly.

Thanks for your earlier response, and for your immense contributions to this community

Last edited by Avisynth_challenged; 8th July 2010 at 18:14.
Avisynth_challenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 23:27   #6043  |  Link
f362580

Quote:
The option is in SETTINGS. There is magenta/green option - probably your glasses are this type.
no
left eye - cyan, right - red
f362580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 10:35   #6044  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

@Avisynth_challenged: No, it is not okay. Both shortcuts will launch the same .exe (ver 4.1).

If you want to have 2 different versions then use 2 different installation folders.

@f362580: You'll have to get a pair of 'normal' red/cyan or green/magenta glasses.

The GUI is changed to fit 1024x768 screen resolution.

Last edited by deank; 9th July 2010 at 11:49.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 15:51   #6045  |  Link
framura

Hi deank,

do you think to add delay feature with external subtitles?

For my needs this would be great.

Thanks for your wonderful program
framura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 16:38   #6046  |  Link
insaneoctane

Deank,

Question on "un-doing" some of the work that MAVCHD has done....
I'm converting from a AVCHD Manager workflow....
If I fill, say a 1.5TB drive with titles via MAVCHD and then begin to fill another drive with titles and then at a later date want to move one of the titles OFF the completed 1.5TB drive with MAVCHD and replace it with a different title, how would I extract the title so that I can still use it? The trouble I'm running into is that MAVCHD sort of "takes" the titles under it's wing and renames them, etc... I'm not sure how to get them back out (It would be really nice if I could not only get them back, but could still use them with AVCHD Manager too).
Thanks for your help
insaneoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 18:06   #6047  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

To get a title off a compilation you can load its playlist and create another compilation. You'll be able to use it with AVCHD manager later.

By doing it you'll 'remove' it from the BIG compilation, which will cause player to 'lock' if you try to play it. To avoid this you can simply recompile the big compilation without the missing title.

Dean
Old 9th July 2010, 22:23   #6048  |  Link
insaneoctane

Quote:
To get a title off a compilation you can load its playlist and create another compilation. You'll be able to use it with AVCHD manager later.

By doing it you'll 'remove' it from the BIG compilation, which will cause player to 'lock' if you try to play it. To avoid this you can simply recompile the big compilation without the missing title.

Dean
Duh. This seems obvious to me now, thanks!
Old 10th July 2010, 12:17   #6049  |  Link
rattice

I have a mkv file that works fine when I stream to PS3, but when I try and transcode with MAVCHD, I get this error warning:

[05:56:08] Important files missing (clpi/mpls/m2ts)...
[05:56:08] Possible tsMuxeR failure to process your input file (E:\_Movies\Terminator.2.Judgment.Day.1991.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264-HDC.mkv).
[05:56:08] M2TS (media) file count: 1
[05:56:08] CLPI (clipinfo) file count: 0
[05:56:08] MPLS (playlist) file count: 0

[05:56:08] Skipping to next...

[05:56:08] ERROR: Compilation does not contain any HD-DVD/AVCHD/Blu-ray titles!

Any ideas why it plays ok when streaming but says files are missing for transcoding? Thanks!!
rattice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 13:34   #6050  |  Link
mpucoder

MultiAVCHD is telling you what is wrong, you did not provide it with the files it needs. Use the original BD, not a partial rip.
mpucoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 13:46   #6051  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

It is obvious that the MKV file is downloaded and I refrained myself from answering... But one never knows what is wrong/broken with such MKV files. One can load such file in tsMuxeR and process it - then the actual error will pop-up.
Old 10th July 2010, 16:36   #6052  |  Link
drpaulng

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattice View Post
I have a mkv file that works fine when I stream to PS3, but when I try and transcode with MAVCHD, I get this error warning:

[05:56:08] Important files missing (clpi/mpls/m2ts)...
[05:56:08] Possible tsMuxeR failure to process your input file (E:\_Movies\Terminator.2.Judgment.Day.1991.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264-HDC.mkv).
[05:56:08] M2TS (media) file count: 1
[05:56:08] MPLS (playlist) file count: 0

[05:56:08] Skipping to next...

[05:56:08] ERROR: Compilation does not contain any HD-DVD/AVCHD/Blu-ray titles!

Any ideas why it plays ok when streaming but says files are missing for transcoding? Thanks!!
Many times, you need to have enough harddisk space for proccessing. Check the TEMP. Also, FAT32 has 4GB limit.
Old 10th July 2010, 18:40   #6053  |  Link
rattice

I process MKV files all the time and never had this error before. TEMP folder, FAT32, etc is all fine. Just found it strange it streams fine but wont transcode. I can live with it, just wanted to know about the error for future reference. Thanks.

Also, I find it odd that it processes for 6 hours before realizing the files it needs aren't there?!
Old 10th July 2010, 18:42   #6054  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

6 hours? Sounds absurd. As I said - open tsMuxer GUI, load your file and process it as Blu-ray/AVCHD disc - you'll see what is wrong.
Old 10th July 2010, 18:53   #6055  |  Link
rattice

ok thanks. The 6 hours is because I need to transcode. The height is non compliant so I need to uncrop it which is the 5-6 hour process time.

Loaded the file in tsMuxer, got to about 9% and threw this in the log: Invalid SRT format. "04BF52D0" is invalid timing info Any way to skip subtitle processing in MAVCHD since they aren't required anyway?
Old 10th July 2010, 19:01   #6056  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Yes, by clicking [properties] and removing the subtitle track in [Subtitles].
Old 10th July 2010, 19:11   #6057  |  Link
rattice

excellent, will give it a try tonight. Just wish I would know at the beginning, rather than at the end of the transcode process, 6 hours later! Thanks again.

Just wondering if just removing subtitle track will fix these errors:
[05:56:08] MPLS (playlist) file count: 0\
Will know later and post results.
Old 10th July 2010, 20:27   #6058  |  Link
insaneoctane

I wish this problem would go away, but everytime I think I've solved it, it comes back.

Summary of problem: I have a title that plays on my computer (MPC), but when I add it to a MAVCHD compilation, the resultant output files will NOT play on my computer!

Details:
I'm finding this is prominent with my Harry Potter 1-5 titles. I already had processed them with tsMuxeR and broke them into 4gb chunks and was using them successfully with AVCHD Manager. I then decided to switch to MAVCHD, but MAVCHD has not liked these files (neither has my OS, since all but the last M2TS files would not play on my computer "can not render file"). So, I've been scratching my head how to "clean" these files so that I can make a MAVCHD compilation that includes them....well I finally figured it out (I tried transcoding in MAVCHD, tsREmuxer, and various things with tsMuxeR all to NO avail). The solution that worked was to process each of the 4gb M2TS files individually with tsMuxeR and output each file as it's own "blu ray". This created 7 "blu rays" folder structures. Each of these resultant M2TS files would play in the OS fine. Then I used the "join" feature in tsMuxeR and created one big "blu ray" that was 25GB large. This file ALSO plays fine on my OS. MAVCHD has no problem operating on this file. BUT, when I output a MAVCHD compilation with this file as the input and choose PS3 as destination, the resultant 4GB M2TS files WILL NOT PLAY ON MY PC! This is driving me nuts. I'd love to know how to truncate one of these 4GB files so I could upload it to someone and let someone else tell me what the heck is going on!?

Why would a single M2TS file that plays in the OS result in 4GB M2TS files that WONT play in the OS after only being processed by MAVCHD? Help.
Old 10th July 2010, 22:22   #6059  |  Link
spudman

Hi deank, I have created a few AVCHD's which play fine in my PS3. Recently though I created a movie with custom video and audio for the menu which I usually do and it all works fine. I Burnt to disc but when played in the PS3 the audio on the intro screen (which is also custom) and the audio on the menu played but with a stutter effect (like its being played and paused really fast). The custom video how ever was playing fine ?
The audio I used in MAVCHD i encoded to AC3 my self using Audacity. If I play the files on my PC they play fine though. Any ideas ??
spudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 00:57   #6060  |  Link
Avisynth_challenged

Subpicture creation with external .srt file in MultiAVCHD

Been experimenting with MultiAVCHD to archive some HD ATSC broadcast material. It's an amazing tool, and I publicly thank Dean for all his hard work, and for the ongoing support he gives to the users of his program.

I use VideoRedo to trim the commercials out of a program (raw MPEG2 HD .ts file), then I run CCExtractor to read the program's closed captioning and create a subtitle file in Subrip format (.srt).

Then I load the commercial-free edited video (saved in .mpg format with VideoRedo) and also the .srt file into MultiAVCHD. It's very nice that MultiAVCHD will autoload all program data assets if they have the same filename (i.e. manually adding video "file.m2v" will cause MultiAVCHD to auto-load "file.ac3" and "file.srt" for muxing the final content).

Anyway, I selected Panasonic Blu-ray output format (written to a SDHC card) and it played back beautifully on my Panny DMP-BD35 player.

The only issue that came up is when MultiAVCHD encounters a special character in the .srt file, like a "musical note" symbol, or an upside down question mark as used in Spanish dialog -- the subpicture rendering of those symbols is not correct.

The .srt file (which I can provide upon request) was encoded in UTF-8 text format (with CCExtractor), and these special characters and symbols display correctly within the .srt file itself.

When creating the final output from MultiAVCHD, I did not check the box for "Enable advanced processing for text-based SRT/SSA/SUB subtitles", or for "Post-process SRT/SSA subtitles", because I do not have Java installed on my PC. I did, however, check the box "Parse and fix SRT/SSA subtitle files".

I am wondering if I need to do advanced processing/post-processing for my subs to get the special symbols and characters to show correctly in the subpicture stream created by MultiAVCHD.

I am also wondering if it is possible to specify sub positioning at the top of the video instead of at the bottom with external .srt file input... or, again, is the ability to specify subtitle position only available with advanced processing/post-processing mode in MultiAVCHD?

Thanks to anyone who reads, and especially to those who can provide any insights and suggestions
Avisynth_challenged is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author