Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 6th November 2011, 21:18   #1  |  Link
psymed

DXVA2 ( What do I need to disable? )

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146228&page=531

What options do I need to disable in the picture below?

http://i.imgur.com/FBavg.jpg

just wondering
psymed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2011, 21:21   #2  |  Link
kasper93
MPC-HC Developer

You should disable everything in video setting tab except "use automatic deinterlacing" (or set method manually) and "pulldown detection".
kasper93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2011, 10:57   #3  |  Link
psymed

http://i.imgur.com/3Y66k.jpg
So I don't need to touch these two, right?

I have disabled Basic Color/Color Vibrance/Flesh tone correction/Video Gamma/Brighter Whites/Dynamic Range/Edge Enhancement/De-noise/Mosquitos Noise reduction/De-blocking/Enable Dynamic Contrast/Enforce Smooth Video Playback/Video demo
psymed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2011, 17:35   #4  |  Link
JanWillem32

The automatic mode does a good job at deinterlacing, as long as the stream is marked properly. Unfortunately, many interlaced TV streams with cinematic content are improperly flagged. See my thread for the reference on the "Evil trees" sample (that also had a botched pulldown setting). That causes the deinterlacer to try to extrapolate frames from single fields (frame rate equal to field rate after pulldown), instead of using weave deinterlacing to combine two fields into one frame (frame rate equal to half of the field rate after pulldown, usually 24 or 24/1.001 fps). In such a case, re-flagging the stream is most appropriate, but forcing the weave deinterlacer in the control panel is easier.
The additional filter options for EVR are only guaranteed to work if the mixer output surface is 8-bit XRGB. The 10-, 16- and 32-bit surface formats are known to be incompatible with several mixer filters (even if the renderer detects these formats as valid pixel buffer formats for the video card). The mixer will output black frames in such a case.

For CCC, "Apply settings to Internet video" is pretty harmless. "Enforce Smooth Video Playback" will drop some filters if the GPU hits 100% load during rendering of a video (not really a bad thing, but the detection is usually a bit wasteful when using something more advanced than the vanilla EVR).

For the 3D settings, regular AA and AF are disabled in case of the edited version of the EVR CP I'm working on, but that may be a bit different for other renderers ("use application settings" should be the safest option). "Wait for vertical refresh" and sorts should not be set to forced enabled or forced disabled. It's up to a renderer to enable this option per-case. There have been issues reported with morphological anti-aliasing producing artifacts. I suggest to disable this option by default, and only enable it when starting up a 3D application that can properly work with it.