Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 17th January 2017, 06:44   #21481  |  Link
Whiter

Hello.
Can anyone help? Problem in building the "release" of the new version.

By script "build_ffmpeg" build ffmpeg. In VS2015 build .ax. "debug" without problem, but release ....

Attached Images

Whiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2017, 11:47   #21482  |  Link
Artofeel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
LAV Video currently does not allow "processing" the 3D video in any way, it can only output it to a 3D aware video renderer - madVR 0.90 or later. In the future it might be possible to have LAV Video render the video as Side-by-Side, but not in this release.
please add support for SbS\TB output
it will be possible to use anaglyph shaders in MPC (with madVR it not working, because shaders applies before render)
also it will be easy to convert video with avisynth
Artofeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2017, 07:38   #21483  |  Link
Ajvar

Guys, I just jumped back on Nvidia and suddenly no more see an option for choosing gt 650m as DXVA-copy-back or Cu-vid device. Is this connected to driver version (372)?
Did nvidia ditched not just encoder by now but DECODER too?
Thanks.
Ajvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2017, 07:55   #21484  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

On Optimus devices you only get access to the GPU your player is configured to run on, which is most typically the Intel GPU for power saving reasons.
Old 23rd January 2017, 10:56   #21485  |  Link
andybkma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajvar View Post
Guys, I just jumped back on Nvidia and suddenly no more see an option for choosing gt 650m as DXVA-copy-back or Cu-vid device. Is this connected to driver version (372)?
Did nvidia ditched not just encoder by now but DECODER too?
Thanks.
Ah finally, a question that I can help with :-)

I also have a laptop with optimus and happen to have the same video card (though that last part doesn't matter). All you have to do is start your media player as the "high performance video processor" which will then give you all the nvidia cuda & copy back options you seek. This can be done either one of two ways. 1) Right click on the shortcut you use to access the media player and select "high performance... " under the Run with graphics processor option or 2) set your media player to always run with nvidia high performance under the nvidia options. Easy :-)

Of course this all will only work if you actually have the Nvidia drivers installed. I have the most recent drivers GeForce 650M drivers installed (Version: 376.33 WHQL
Release Date: 2016.12.14) which can found on Nvidia's site and all is good.

Last edited by andybkma; 23rd January 2017 at 11:11.
andybkma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2017, 11:10   #21486  |  Link
andybkma

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
On Optimus devices you only get access to the GPU your player is configured to run on, which is most typically the Intel GPU for power saving reasons.
nev, you can actually either manually select which video card you want to use with your video player or you can set it up in the Nvidia options which card to always use. I have mine set up in Nvidia options to always use Nvidia as I am not trying to save power and prefer Cuvid over Quicksync. Plus had to overclock my 650M a bit to use with mVR

Last edited by andybkma; 23rd January 2017 at 11:13.
Old 23rd January 2017, 18:17   #21487  |  Link
Ajvar

@nevcariel and @andybkma, Thank you but something is still wrong. Nvidia GPU is perfectly being used by PotPlayer x86 when I set Nvidia CUDA decoder in built-in codec/transform option (even though option to pick preferred GPU in NVCP is greyed out for PotPlayerMini.exe). But even though PotPlayer is running on Nvidia, the Nvidia GPU is still missing in DXVA CopyBack (built-in codec/transfom in addition to LAV decoder).
So yes, looks like it's not LAV problem, for some reason my OS doesn't let me choose Nvidia GPU as DXVA CopyBack device. Strange.

P.S. DXVA checker shows no supported accelerations for device GT 650M. Nobody ever heard about anything like this?

P.P.S. OK, for some freaking reason my OS believes that Intel HD4000 device is nvumdshim.dll which clearly means that it calls my Nvidia GPU as an Intel GPU. Is it Intel drivers fault or Nvidia - I don't know. Nobody ever met this problem?

Last edited by Ajvar; 23rd January 2017 at 18:49.
Ajvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2017, 01:02   #21488  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybkma View Post
nev, you can actually either manually select which video card you want to use with your video player or you can set it up in the Nvidia options which card to always use. I have mine set up in Nvidia options to always use Nvidia as I am not trying to save power and prefer Cuvid over Quicksync. Plus had to overclock my 650M a bit to use with mVR
Of course you can, but only one at a time, hence why I said "your player is configured to run on" - set it up to run on NVIDIA, and you can run it on that, but by default the profiles usually put media players on the Intel.
Old 24th January 2017, 05:23   #21489  |  Link
andybkma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajvar View Post
@nevcariel and @andybkma, Thank you but something is still wrong. Nvidia GPU is perfectly being used by PotPlayer x86 when I set Nvidia CUDA decoder in built-in codec/transform option (even though option to pick preferred GPU in NVCP is greyed out for PotPlayerMini.exe). But even though PotPlayer is running on Nvidia, the Nvidia GPU is still missing in DXVA CopyBack (built-in codec/transfom in addition to LAV decoder).
So yes, looks like it's not LAV problem, for some reason my OS doesn't let me choose Nvidia GPU as DXVA CopyBack device. Strange.

P.S. DXVA checker shows no supported accelerations for device GT 650M. Nobody ever heard about anything like this?

P.P.S. OK, for some freaking reason my OS believes that Intel HD4000 device is nvumdshim.dll which clearly means that it calls my Nvidia GPU as an Intel GPU. Is it Intel drivers fault or Nvidia - I don't know. Nobody ever met this problem?

The only problem I have ever had using PotPlayer with my Optimus laptop is that I had to rename the default PotPlayerMini.exe to just PotPlayer. Then set PotPlayer.exe to use with Nvidia. Then all was fine. Perhaps this may help your problem? Wouldn't that be nice....
Old 27th January 2017, 22:12   #21490  |  Link
P.J
Δ

Is 1050Ti 4GB better than 1060 6GB for 4K/8K HEVC (10bit)?

Ah sorry, wrong topic =/

Last edited by P.J; 30th January 2017 at 17:10.
P.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2017, 23:29   #21491  |  Link
JoeyMonco

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J View Post
Is 1050Ti 4GB better than 1060 6GB for 4K/8K HEVC (10bit)?
Unlikely especially with a narrower memory interface (128bit vs 192bit) and lower memory bandwidth (112 GB/sec vs 192GB/sec).
Old 29th January 2017, 02:13   #21492  |  Link
TheShadowRunner

@nev Do you have plans to implement the TRACKSET/TRACKSETEX feature for Matroska in LAV Splitter?
It's really a must for multi-language!

Last edited by TheShadowRunner; 29th January 2017 at 03:03.
TheShadowRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2017, 11:36   #21493  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowRunner View Post
@nev Do you have plans to implement the TRACKSET/TRACKSETEX feature for Matroska in LAV Splitter?
It's really a must for multi-language!
I have ask this too for a long time, and I get never an answer.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2017, 11:56   #21494  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Feature Request

Hi nevcairiel

I have a feature request and maybe it is possible and not so much work.

I have some Matroska menu files with a lot of chapters inside. When I use the tray icon to select a chapter it takes a lot of time, cause I must scroll down a while to find the correct chapter.

Is it possible to make a small arrangement for the chapters?
What I like to have is, that nested chapters are displayed as a sub-menu of a chapter with level 1.

Here you find such a menu-mkv.

Best regards

Last edited by hubblec4; 29th January 2017 at 18:02.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2017, 23:50   #21495  |  Link
egandt

QuickSync Windows 10, 7700K

I have a 7700K, and a Nvidia 1070 GTX, normally I use the GTX for all decoding, but when I hit 4K HDR, using the 1070 for both LAV and MadVR is to much for teh card, as such I want to be able to use the QuickSync for this use case.

I have the system set as follows:
1070 HDMI -> 4K (1)
1070 DVI -> 1080P (2)
Intel HDMI -> 1080P (3): currently I'm using a Genfen sink so I do not need a physical monitor, but so that Windows thinks it exists.

This all works, I have 2 and 3 shared and 1 as a seperate ouput, the Intel driver is loaded and running, however LAV states that QuickSync is not is NA. What am I doing wrong as QuickSync is not being disabled as enabled?

Intel Driver 21.20.16.4550 is currently installed and running.

Thanks,
ERIC

Last edited by egandt; 29th January 2017 at 23:59.
egandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 11:01   #21496  |  Link
huhn

DXVA decoding shouldn't put any stress on the GPU.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 11:13   #21497  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

If QuickSync doesn't work, its usually either that the driver install wasn't quite right, make sure to get a package directly from Intel and not a Windows Update driver, as it lacks QS parts sometimes, or the GPU isn't actually active.
But as huhn said, DXVA decoding impact is minimal at best, it should not have any real impact on madVRs capabilities to render the image.

All that said, QuickSync wouldn't work for you either way. It doesn't support HEVC, and even if that were implemented one day, it also doesn't have the ability to export the HDR metadata required by madVR for proper HDR handling.
QuickSync should generally be considered "on life support", and DXVA2 decoding should generally be favored. If your Intel GPU is properly setup and active, it could however even be used for DXVA2 decoding, and wouldn't require QuickSync.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 30th January 2017 at 11:17.
nevcairiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 11:24   #21498  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

I'm having trouble with the LAV VC-1 decoder. No problems at all with MPEG2 or h264.

Recently I noticed that when playing VC-1 movies with my new Windows 10 HTPC, for a while (can be a minute or 2) things appear to run smoothly. But then audio/video sync gradually desyncs until finally there is some heavy stuttering and sync corrects itself. Also audio plays with some crackling noise in it sometimes, and when all this spook happens, the madVR OSD suddenly reports a big jump up in audio clock deviation. So as a test I've disabled the LAV VC-1 decoder. As a result the MS DMO becomes active, and all problems have totally vanished. With the MS DMO playback works perfectly, same as LAV with MPEG2/h264.

I'm not fully sure how a software decoder can result in audio crackling noise etc, it seems weird to me. Maybe we should ignore that. My best guess why the audio/video sync problems might occur is that the decoder might output weird (shuffled) timestamps somehow. madVR tries to detect that problem and correct it, but it doesn't always work perfectly. FWIW, all this is with VC-1 MKV files, I haven't tested with m2ts files.

Does any of this ring any bells?

I suppose I'm fine with leaving VC-1 disabled in LAV, so I don't really depend on a fix. But I thought I should report it, in case it's something you want to look into?
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 11:28   #21499  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Doesn't sound like something that happened to me. I have a bunch of Blu-ray sourced VC-1 MKV files (made with MakeMKV), and I don't remember ever seeing any troubles with them. Thats basically all the VC-1 content i generally watch, however.
I assume you don't use any HW codecs, and didn't disable the MS DMO checkbox in the LAV Video -> Formats settings? (or in other words active decoder reports "wmv9 mft" when playing such a file?)

How big of a jump does your OSD show? On a quick check, I sometimes see jumps from 0.000x to 0.03x, which seems like a huge difference, but couldn't really spot desync yet.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 30th January 2017 at 11:33.
nevcairiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 12:16   #21500  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Recently I noticed that when playing VC-1 movies with my new Windows 10 HTPC, for a while (can be a minute or 2) things appear to run smoothly. But then audio/video sync gradually desyncs until finally there is some heavy stuttering and sync corrects itself. Also audio plays with some crackling noise in it sometimes, and when all this spook happens, the madVR OSD suddenly reports a big jump up in audio clock deviation. So as a test I've disabled the LAV VC-1 decoder. As a result the MS DMO becomes active, and all problems have totally vanished. With the MS DMO playback works perfectly, same as LAV with MPEG2/h264.
this kind of reminds me of a problem with MPDN.
using latencymon i had DPC spikes in the 10000.
tool link: http://www.resplendence.com/downloads

maybe something worth checking.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter