Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 19th April 2014, 16:29   #481  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Now that you found the cause of the recently reported problem (RDPRedirectionFilter), there's probably no reason to change anything.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2014, 01:34   #482  |  Link
vivan
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
Applying that same fix for Audio in MPC-HC FGManager.cpp resolves the issue:
Here is a MPC-HC build with that change.
Yeap, I can confirm that it fixed that issue for me.
vivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2014, 06:16   #483  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Yes, and thanks vivan & mindbomb for putting through with all my requests for logs and testing.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2014, 10:02   #484  |  Link
ikarad

When can we hope a new version of xy-vsfilter beta or stable version?
ikarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2014, 11:57   #485  |  Link
Soukyuu

Is it possible to configure xy-subfilter (or mpc-hc) to load the subtitles, but not display them until user presses the subtitle key? Normally, the first track is auto-loaded, pressing the subtitle key cycles between other tracks and empty.
Old 20th April 2014, 12:15   #486  |  Link
michkrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soukyuu View Post
Is it possible to configure xy-subfilter (or mpc-hc) to load the subtitles, but not display them until user presses the subtitle key? Normally, the first track is auto-loaded, pressing the subtitle key cycles between other tracks and empty.
I understand you mean internal subs (in *.mkv, etc.)? They are selected by either splitter or media player.
If you're using LAVFilters (LAV Splitter) go to the splitter settings and for Subtitle Selection Mode select No subtitles, instead of Default.
For it to work you might need to disable Allow overriding external splitter choice under Default track selection in Playback settings in MPC-HC.
michkrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2014, 12:30   #487  |  Link
Soukyuu

Works, thanks! I guess I assumed "no subtitles" would not load subtitles at all, meaning disabling xy-subfilter.
Old 20th April 2014, 18:49   #488  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarad View Post
When can we hope a new version of xy-vsfilter beta or stable version?
No later than the time when we release XySubFilter Beta3.

If it looks like XySubFilter Beta3 is going to be delayed, I may end up releasing a xy-VSFilter build based on CCCP's branch as the next stable as a temporary measure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soukyuu View Post
Works, thanks! I guess I assumed "no subtitles" would not load subtitles at all, meaning disabling xy-subfilter.
The 'Hide Subtitles' setting under the 'More' tab is also remembered. If you use MPC-BE you can then show subtitles on demand with the 'W' hotkey.

MPC-HC does not yet support such VSFilter API hotkeys, but there is currently a feature request ticket you can track here.
Old 21st April 2014, 03:23   #489  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
If it looks like XySubFilter Beta3 is going to be delayed, I may end up releasing a xy-VSFilter build based on CCCP's branch as the next stable as a temporary measure.
It might be worth using this as the ongoing stable branch considering how often it's tweaked and prodded.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 07:49   #490  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
It might be worth using this as the ongoing stable branch considering how often it's tweaked and prodded.
The CCCP branch is rarely tweaked and prodded, as it is made up almost entirely of various fixes which were backported from old commits in our latest branches to ensure stability. I've been working with them to that extent for quite awhile now as a stop-gap measure for keeping xy-VSFilter somewhat up-to-date, while we were focused on XySubFilter. It was never intended to be a long-term solution. There are a lot of features, functionality, and other changes from our latest branches, which are just not practical to backport. If I go this route, it would only be temporary until we resolve the issues which recently broke VSFilter in our lastest branches.
Old 25th April 2014, 12:27   #491  |  Link
minaust

A gripe/request

Hi everybody!

I've come here from the MPC-HC thread, as cyberbeing and I were about to wander off-topic. I've been using Media Player Classic since Gabest was maintaining it, and I've always used the ISR. Never saw a need to change. But in the last couple of days, I've had to more or less "get up to speed", and xysubfilter seems to fill the bill.

I had two gripes with it, and one has been fixed. The other is this: The subtitle file must be named identically to the video file. Meanwhile, I have movies with 2 and even 3 different sets of English subs. Xysubfilter is only seeing the one set named identically to the movie. The ISR would see them all.

I realize there are problems when you have multiple subs, but anybody with multiple subs using the ISR has most likely solved that by now.

Any fix in the works for this? Or is there a naming convention or configuration switch I've missed?
minaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 17:32   #492  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Currently, the naming convention required for subtitle loading multiple subtitles in xy-VSFilter/XySubFilter matches Gabest's original MPC and VSFilter projects exactly.

Quote:
Unique identifiers for each subtitle file can be added after the identical segment, following a period, like the following:

VideoTitle.mkv
VideoTitle.en.srt
VideoTitle.jp.srt
VideoTitle.fr.srt
VideoTitle.styled.ass
VideoTitle.bluray.sup
These subtitles would then respectively show up with the names, "en", "jp", "fr", "styled", and "bluray" from the xy-VSFilter/XySubFilter context menu.

It does appears that MPC-HC has changed this slightly. They still require that the exact video title exist at the very beginning of the subtitle filename, but remove the requirement for a period before the unique section? The change in question appears to be this commit, which was introduced a few months ago in MPC-HC 1.7.2

Quote:
VideoTitle.mkv
VideoTitle.en.srt
VideoTitle en.srt
VideoTitle_en.srt
VideoTitleRandomString.srt
MPC-HC then shows the entire subtitle name, including video title. minaust, was this type of autoload naming which you were thinking of?

Enhancing the external subtitle autoload and path behavior along with support for language matching has been something on our to-do list for awhile now.

I'd recommend creating a new issue on our bugtracker listing the specific behavior you'd like to see supported, so we do not forget about it.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 25th April 2014 at 17:48.
Old 26th April 2014, 01:41   #493  |  Link
minaust

Quote:
Currently, the naming convention required for subtitle loading multiple subtitles in xy-VSFilter/XySubFilter matches Gabest's original MPC and VSFilter projects exactly.
I never knew any naming conversion existed at all.

Quote:
These subtitles would then respectively show up with the names, "en", "jp", "fr", "styled", and "bluray" from the xy-VSFilter/XySubFilter context menu.
I like this naming convention. I like it a lot.

Quote:
It does appears that MPC-HC has changed this slightly. They still require that the exact video title exist at the very beginning of the subtitle filename, but remove the requirement for a period before the unique section? The change in question appears to be this commit, which was introduced a few months ago in MPC-HC 1.7.2
I now view that as a bug. You see, I keep my subs in a common pool - C:\Subtitles. But when the aforementioned change occurred I encountered a problem: Say I played "Movie.Mkv". MPC-HC would show me the subs:
Movie.Ass
Movie - The Sequel.Ass
Movie - Another Sequel.Ass
Movie - Yet Another Sequel.Ass
Movie - Yes, We're Milking the Franchise.Ass

You get the idea. I compensated for that. Now that I know the convention (which works), I'm delighted with it the way things are.

Quote:
MPC-HC then shows the entire subtitle name, including video title. minaust, was this type of autoload naming which you were thinking of?
It WAS. Not any more.
Quote:
Enhancing the external subtitle autoload and path behavior along with support for language matching has been something on our to-do list for awhile now.
For my purposes the existing pathing works. I haven't experimented with it, but it appears I can change it as needed. Or can I?

Quote:
I'd recommend creating a new issue on our bugtracker listing the specific behavior you'd like to see supported, so we do not forget about it.
Heh. as if you can't tell, this "issue" gives me a damned good reason to abandon the ISR forever. No bugfix needed.

If anything, the posts on this page alone illustrates just how rapidly this particular software field is evolving.

It ranges from projects that were abandoned 'way back when, to projects that see daily releases.

In that world, documentation is scarce. Either nobody cares any more, or everybody is too busy. Oh, well.

By the way, thanks for the heads up.
Old 26th April 2014, 10:54   #494  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by real.finder View Post
hi

I have a script get problems in xy-vsfilter, Whether in mpc or aegi

the problems is shades inaccurate and crash

Although this problems does not appear in the last aegisub (3.1.3) with xy-vsfilter in it

sub and font

thanks
last cccp fix shades inaccurate, but the crash still existing in some case like in the sample above

I would be grateful if this issue and http://code.google.com/p/xy-vsfilter.../detail?id=168 solved

with both 32 and 64 builds to use it in avs64/avs+ 64

thanks
Old 26th April 2014, 13:23   #495  |  Link
kasper93
MPC-HC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaust View Post
I now view that as a bug. You see, I keep my subs in a common pool - C:\Subtitles. But when the aforementioned change occurred I encountered a problem: Say I played "Movie.Mkv". MPC-HC would show me the subs:
Movie.Ass
Movie - The Sequel.Ass
Movie - Another Sequel.Ass
Movie - Yet Another Sequel.Ass
Movie - Yes, We're Milking the Franchise.Ass

You get the idea. I compensated for that. Now that I know the convention (which works), I'm delighted with it the way things are.
I think it's better to load more than skip valid subtitles in the process.

Quote:
Heh. as if you can't tell, this "issue" gives me a damned good reason to abandon the ISR forever. No bugfix needed.
You referring to "XY" bugtracker yet talking about ISR... Anyway bugtrackers exist for the reason to discuss with developers how you expect software to work. We can't know what do you want unless you told us. I find this rude to bitch about other software in random threads behind original developers back and don't bother to even notify them about problems you encountered. How do you expect software to meet your expectations if you don't tell what do you want? Developers are not magicians who know what user-base think. It's very important to give feedback for their work...
kasper93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2014, 15:12   #496  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
I like this naming convention. I like it a lot.
Happy to hear that works out well for you.

Quote:
For my purposes the existing pathing works. I haven't experimented with it, but it appears I can change it as needed. Or can I?
The default entries are fixed (legacy limitation), but you can add new ones if desired. At some point we'll probably add support for either Wildcards, RegEx, or Mask support to allow more flexibility in directory naming with Path searches. Issue #105 is currently tracking any Path related feature requests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper93 View Post
I think it's better to add a GUI option which allows the user to decide how strict they desire subtitle loading to be. That's how mplayer-based players have always handled it, with options for "exact movie name", "contains movie name", and "load all subtitles". Defaulting to VSFilter-style exact matching, while having GUI options to enable looser matching, is probably how we would implement it if we go this route.

Quote:
last cccp fix shades inaccurate, but the crash still existing in some case like in the sample above
Yes, the latest CCCP only contains 'Part 1' of the fix, that fixes a math overflow in the border code.

'Part 2' is the "Insane Border Support" commits, which uses a border rendering method more suitable in terms of performance and memory footprint for rendering border sizes beyond a certain threshold. Unfortunately, the "Insane Border Support" commits introduce a crash bug which we've yet to resolve.

'Part 3' fixes memory allocation in 64bit builds only to support extremely large border sizes.

Quote:
I would be grateful if this issue and http://code.google.com/p/xy-vsfilter.../detail?id=168 solved
That's the plan when we make our next official release. The fix for Issue #168 is rather simple, it was essentially a typo in the parser which caused this feature to be disabled in legacy Gabest VSFilter (guliverkli & guliverkli2 projects) which xy-VSFilter is based on. It wasn't fixed until early 2010 in VSFilterMod, which was the project that MPC-HC eventually used as the base for their VSFilter (with most Mod-only features disabled/removed for compatibility).

CCCP usually doesn't merge random things such as this unless someone specifically requests it on their forums or IRC.

Edit: Issue #168 has now been fixed on Github in the xy_sub_filter_rc3 & vsfilter_rc branches

Last edited by cyberbeing; 26th April 2014 at 21:06.
Old 27th April 2014, 03:47   #497  |  Link
minaust

Quote:
Agreed - to a point.

Quote:
You referring to "XY" bugtracker yet talking about ISR... Anyway bugtrackers exist for the reason to discuss with developers how you expect software to work. We can't know what do you want unless you told us. I find this rude to bitch about other software in random threads behind original developers back and don't bother to even notify them about problems you encountered. How do you expect software to meet your expectations if you don't tell what do you want? Developers are not magicians who know what user-base think. It's very important to give feedback for their work...
Constructive feedback is coming in the appropriate thread. You've kinda beaten me to the punch here.

EDIT: See ticker #4281

Last edited by minaust; 29th April 2014 at 23:58.
Old 29th April 2014, 17:28   #498  |  Link
clsid

@cyberbeing

The common.props config file is currently not included in the project files, as it should be.

You should also add this to common.props
Code:
<ItemDefinitionGroup Condition="'$(Configuration)'=='Release' Or '$(Configuration)'=='Release Unicode' Or '$(Configuration)'=='Release log'">
  <ClCompile>
    <EnableEnhancedInstructionSet Condition="'$(Platform)'=='Win32'">StreamingSIMDExtensions</EnableEnhancedInstructionSet>
  </CLCompile>
</ItemDefinitionGroup>
And remove
Code:
<EnableEnhancedInstructionSet>NotSet</EnableEnhancedInstructionSet>
from the individual project files. Because since VS2013 "NotSet" means that SSE2 will be used.
Old 29th April 2014, 23:53   #499  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
The common.props config file is currently not included in the project files, as it should be.
Are you talking about something different than the changes in this pull request?

Quote:
You should also add this to common.props
Code:
<ItemDefinitionGroup Condition="'$(Configuration)'=='Release' Or '$(Configuration)'=='Release Unicode' Or '$(Configuration)'=='Release log'">
  <ClCompile>
    <EnableEnhancedInstructionSet Condition="'$(Platform)'=='Win32'">StreamingSIMDExtensions</EnableEnhancedInstructionSet>
  </CLCompile>
</ItemDefinitionGroup>
Minimum requirement of xy-VSFilter/XySubFilter was supposed to be MMX, with CPU runtime detection used to activate our hand-written SSE2 optimizations.

Quote:
And remove
Code:
<EnableEnhancedInstructionSet>NotSet</EnableEnhancedInstructionSet>
from the individual project files. Because since VS2013 "NotSet" means that SSE2 will be used.
Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't realize this had changed in VS2012/VS2013. So to get the same effect, it seems we need to set:
Code:
<EnableEnhancedInstructionSet>NoExtensions</EnableEnhancedInstructionSet>

Last edited by cyberbeing; 30th April 2014 at 00:09.
Old 30th April 2014, 03:15   #500  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

XySubFilter 3.1.0.697 Beta2 has been released

XySubFilter Beta2 .zip Archive (32-bit) | XySubFilter Beta2 .zip Archive (64-bit)

Debug Symbols for XySubFilter 3.1.0.697

Features & Changes
  • Update Cache defaults (LV1 256->2048, LV4 512->768)
  • Disable /arch:SSE2 in VS2012/VS2013 builds

Bug Fix
  • Unable to load subtitle files with uppercase file extension
  • Correct a parser check which broke loading of script embedded UUE fonts
  • Revert Insane Border Support (temporary crash fix)

This release is a minor update of XySubFilter 3.1.0.682 Beta2.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 30th April 2014 at 19:18. Reason: fix links