Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 19th October 2019, 21:38   #201  |  Link
ChaosKing

Seems like a dns problem on my machine. Or maybe Quad9 DNS 9.9.9.9 is blocking http://www.iol.ie/~schubert/gas/gas.html 🤔

EDIT it is indeed blocked https://www.quad9.net/result/?url=www.iol.ie

Last edited by ChaosKing; 19th October 2019 at 21:41.
ChaosKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2019, 08:43   #202  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Works for me.

Oops, missed a new page.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2019, 09:26   #203  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosKing View Post
Seems like a dns problem on my machine. Or maybe Quad9 DNS 9.9.9.9 is blocking http://www.iol.ie/~schubert/gas/gas.html ��

EDIT it is indeed blocked https://www.quad9.net/result/?url=www.iol.ie
Just report it as a false positive to Quad9.
Old 21st November 2019, 20:36   #204  |  Link
Meloware

Can I get Avsr to take a start frame and range?

I thought zorr ask for this, a year ago. You obliged him with a " -frames" feature, which seems to require each desired frame to be listed. How about a real “-range” feature? I would love a starting point and number of frames (a range) to render!

My video script and 32 core Threadripper is processing out about 20, 1440 x 1080 frames per second. The CPU utilization is only about 16% and there are around 16 threads doing most of the work. Now, I'd love to discuss how to light up the other cores, in a different conversation, but I could really use this “range” feature. If I start an instance of AVSPmod (64), while Avsr was also running, I can specify a later range of frames to process. AVSPmod happily jumps to the selected start frame and begins to process. Then, my CPU load climbs to 30%.
I suppose I am greedy, but I'd love to see what my rendered frame rate would be, with a 85% CPU load! Is there an easy way to specify a start frame/range in the avsr command line?
Meloware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2019, 00:30   #205  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloware View Post
I thought zorr ask for this, a year ago. You obliged him with a " -frames" feature, which seems to require each desired frame to be listed. How about a real “-range” feature? I would love a starting point and number of frames (a range) to render!

My video script and 32 core Threadripper is processing out about 20, 1440 x 1080 frames per second. The CPU utilization is only about 16% and there are around 16 threads doing most of the work. Now, I'd love to discuss how to light up the other cores, in a different conversation, but I could really use this “range” feature. If I start an instance of AVSPmod (64), while Avsr was also running, I can specify a later range of frames to process. AVSPmod happily jumps to the selected start frame and begins to process. Then, my CPU load climbs to 30%.
I suppose I am greedy, but I'd love to see what my rendered frame rate would be, with a 85% CPU load! Is there an easy way to specify a start frame/range in the avsr command line?
I'm not sure about the usefulness of what you're trying to do but for now you can use AVSMeter to achieve this (switch "-range", see documentation). Don't forget to set the parameter "AllowOnlyOneInstance" in avsmeter.ini to 0 if you want to run multiple instances.

Last edited by Groucho2004; 22nd November 2019 at 00:39.
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2019, 00:54   #206  |  Link
Meloware

I have used AVSMeter to check scripts, but wasn't aware you could render as well. Command line rendering is what I have been using AVSr for.
All my script rendering is to frame sequences. This allows me to stop and resume big jobs as my needs for the computer change, over the day. I also have had issues where a script may just stop running. If I were rendering to an avi, everything would break, right? With a frame sequence, I can restart where things left off, with no loss of the work already rendered.

If a script is only running at 20% of my machine's capacity, I can run multiple instances of the script, with each instance rendering different portions of the big job. Unlike rendering to an AVI container, individual numbered frames may be rendered in any order, and make it possible to correct portions of the larger project, without needing to re-render everything from scratch. Each instance might grab it's own 20% of my system resources, but 4 instances combined will give me four times the performance.

When it is all done, I can then review the work and then possibly re-render portions, using different script settings. For these reasons, I feel the ability to suspend and resume script jobs is very powerful and needed.

Thanks, and I will explore doing this with AVSMeter.
Old 22nd November 2019, 01:07   #207  |  Link
Groucho2004

OK, I understand now. Multiple instances of AVSMeter should do exactly what you want.
Old 22nd November 2019, 13:12   #208  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:

Why don't you just use ripbot264 in distributed encoding mode? With 8 servers (2 per numa) you will get constant 100% CPU load.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2019, 17:00   #209  |  Link
Meloware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
OK, I understand now. Multiple instances of AVSMeter should do exactly what you want.
I just tried AVSMeter64 2.9.7. The first instance works, but I am not allowed to run multiple instances from multiple terminal boxes.
I get the message "One instance of AVSMeter is already running"
Old 22nd November 2019, 17:13   #210  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
I just tried AVSMeter64 2.9.7. The first instance works, but I am not allowed to run multiple instances from multiple terminal boxes.
I get the message "One instance of AVSMeter is already running"
Edit the .ini

See post 206

Quote:
Don't forget to set the parameter "AllowOnlyOneInstance" in avsmeter.ini to 0 if you want to run multiple instances.
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2019, 15:45   #211  |  Link
stax76

I decided to use avsr for learning how to use avisynth and wonder why there is no build or project file? It took me a while to make it compile in VS.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2019, 15:58   #212  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
I decided to use avsr for learning how to use avisynth and wonder why there is no build or project file?
I build my projects with makefiles from the command line. I can post the makefiles if you want.
Old 23rd November 2019, 16:10   #213  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
I build my projects with makefiles from the command line. I can post the makefiles if you want.
I have it working in Visual Studio 2019 but only x86, with x64 (I've only avs+ x64 installed and I don't have any x86 filters) I get many errors unfortunately.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error (active) E0167 argument of type "char *" is incompatible with parameter of type "LPWSTR" avsr D:\Projekte\CPP\avsr\common.h 79
Error (active) E0167 argument of type "const char *" is incompatible with parameter of type "LPCWSTR" avsr D:\Projekte\CPP\avsr\avsr.cpp 169
Error (active) E0167 argument of type "const char *" is incompatible with parameter of type "LPCWSTR" avsr D:\Projekte\CPP\avsr\common.h 67
Error (active) E0167 argument of type "char *" is incompatible with parameter of type "LPWSTR" avsr D:\Projekte\CPP\avsr\avsr.cpp 125
Error (active) E0167 argument of type "char *" is incompatible with parameter of type "LPTSTR" avsr D:\Projekte\CPP\avsr\common.h 95
Error (active) E0167 argument of type "char *" is incompatible with parameter of type "LPCWSTR" avsr D:\Projekte\CPP\avsr\avsr.cpp 125
Error C4996 '_vsnprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _vsnprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details. avsr D:\Projekte\CPP\avsr\utility.h 174
Error C4996 '_snprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _snprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details. avsr D:\Projekte\CPP\avsr\exception.h 1465
Error C4996 '_snprintf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _snprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details. avsr D:\Projekte\CPP\avsr\utility.h 253
Error C2664 'UINT GetWindowsDirectoryW(LPWSTR,UINT)': cannot convert argument 1 from 'char [1026]' to 'LPWSTR' avsr D:\Projekte\CPP\avsr\common.h 79
Error C2664 'UINT (LPTSTR,UINT)': cannot convert argument 1 from 'char [1026]' to 'LPTSTR' avsr D:\Projekte\CPP\avsr\common.h 95
Error C2664 'HMODULE LoadLibraryW(LPCWSTR)': cannot convert argument 1 from 'const char [9]' to 'LPCWSTR' avsr D:\Projekte\CPP\avsr\avsr.cpp 169
Error C2664 'HMODULE GetModuleHandleW(LPCWSTR)': cannot convert argument 1 from 'const char [13]' to 'LPCWSTR' avsr D:\Projekte\CPP\avsr\common.h 67
Error C2664 'DWORD GetModuleFileNameW(HMODULE,LPWSTR,DWORD)': cannot convert argument 2 from '_Ty *' to 'LPWSTR'
with
[
_Ty=char
] avsr D:\Projekte\CPP\avsr\utility.h 248
Error C2664 'DWORD GetModuleFileNameW(HMODULE,LPWSTR,DWORD)': cannot convert argument 2 from 'char [2048]' to 'LPWSTR' avsr D:\Projekte\CPP\avsr\exception.h 67
Error C2664 'DWORD GetFullPathNameW(LPCWSTR,DWORD,LPWSTR,LPWSTR *)': cannot convert argument 1 from 'char *' to 'LPCWSTR' avsr D:\Projekte\CPP\avsr\avsr.cpp 125
Error C2664 'DWORD GetFileVersionInfoSizeW(LPCWSTR,LPDWORD)': cannot convert argument 1 from '_Ty *' to 'LPCWSTR'
with
[
_Ty=char
] avsr D:\Projekte\CPP\avsr\utility.h 258
Error C2664 'DWORD GetFileAttributesW(LPCWSTR)': cannot convert argument 1 from 'const _Elem *' to 'LPCWSTR'
with
[
_Elem=char
] avsr D:\Projekte\CPP\avsr\utility.h 137
Error C2664 'DWORD FormatMessageW(DWORD,LPCVOID,DWORD,DWORD,LPWSTR,DWORD,va_list *)': cannot convert argument 5 from 'char [2048]' to 'LPWSTR' avsr D:\Projekte\CPP\avsr\utility.h 231
Error C2664 'BOOL VerQueryValueW(LPCVOID,LPCWSTR,LPVOID *,PUINT)': cannot convert argument 2 from 'const char [2]' to 'LPCWSTR' avsr D:\Projekte\CPP\avsr\utility.h 272
Error C2664 'BOOL GetFileVersionInfoW(LPCWSTR,DWORD,DWORD,LPVOID)': cannot convert argument 1 from '_Ty *' to 'LPCWSTR'
with
[
_Ty=char
] avsr D:\Projekte\CPP\avsr\utility.h 264
Old 23rd November 2019, 16:18   #214  |  Link
Groucho2004

No idea (except C4996). Search MSDN for these errors. The code builds fine with the VS2010 compiler, linker and libraries for x86 and x64.
Old 23rd November 2019, 16:32   #215  |  Link
stax76

It's running now in x64 after changing few lines, thanks Groucho2004.

Last edited by stax76; 23rd November 2019 at 16:37.
Old 23rd November 2019, 17:30   #216  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

Quote:
It's running now in x64 after changing few lines, thanks Groucho2004.
For the benefit of others, what were the few things?

In my experience those kinds of errors about char* conversions are usually solved by changing the project's Character Set property.
Old 23rd November 2019, 17:39   #217  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkey_monkey View Post
For the benefit of others, what were the few things?

In my experience those kinds of errors about char* conversions are usually solved by changing the project's Character Set property.
That sounds plausible since newer versions of VS have UNICODE defined by default (as far as I recall).
Old 23rd November 2019, 19:02   #218  |  Link
stax76

My changes were not perfect like changing func to funcA or LPWSTR to LPSTR.
Old 23rd November 2019, 19:20   #219  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
My changes were not perfect like changing func to funcA or LPWSTR to LPSTR.
Yeah, not really the way to do it. Just change it in the preprocessor definitions (UNICODE -> MBCS).
Old 23rd November 2019, 19:50   #220  |  Link
stax76

For my purpose it's fine, I'm much of C++ n00b, only piece of C++ code I still own is this:

https://github.com/stax76/OpenWithPl...ShellExtension

It was written 10-15 years ago and meanwhile I have forgotten few things.

When I've finished this project I'm doing for staxrip (involves avisynth, vapoursynth and hw accelerated rendering) my C++ knowledge will be improved 1-2 levels, I'm still in the learning and experimenting phase and don't try to rush it.