Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 10th November 2013, 07:15   #1  |  Link
Monty11

CDex remote database

I am ripping two audio books (each on four CDs) using CDex 1.70 beta 4. On Computer 1, CDex automatically fills in the the album details as soon as I load a CD (but searches on CDDB and MusicBrainz say "No CD" in CDex, and the albums are not listed online at freeDB.org). On Computer 2, CDex does *not* fill in the album information (and CDDB and MusicBrainz say "No CD"), but CDex on Computer 2 successfully downloads album information for CDs are listed in freedb. I have entered the same email adress in the CDex Remote freedb settings on both computers; both computers are Windows 7.

(1) Where is CDex v1.70b4 on Computer 1 getting the information (it is *not* from freeDB or MusicBrainz)?

(2) Why does CDex v1.70b4 on Computer 2 not get that information?
Monty11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 15:21   #2  |  Link
therube

1) perhaps you have that stored locally?
See what Options | Settings | CD Database | Local... shows. See if that tree exists, on your HDD, & if your CD is located there.

2) perhaps a firewall issue?
Have you tried both server options given?
Possible that given the age of CDex, the parameters used in sending its request to the CDDB are no longer valid?

> I have entered the same email adress

It's been a LONG time now since I've ripped, but at the time, I don't recall actually needing to supply an email, even if the option was afforded. Maybe that has changed?

Last edited by therube; 10th November 2013 at 15:24.
therube is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cdex, database, freedb, musicbrainz