Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux

Old 5th February 2019, 00:20   #781  |  Link
nji

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekh View Post
This is terrible. I was about to offer another filter (fflayer) but it has similar issue.

for logo 32-bit code uses mmx inline asm; 64-bit code uses heavy bit-hackery. All this code looks throwaway.
As far as I know the original VirtualDub (64 bit) filter works fine.
Maybe you could take that one?
nji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2019, 00:30   #782  |  Link
shekh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nji View Post
As far as I know the original VirtualDub (64 bit) filter works fine.
Maybe you could take that one?
I did not change it. Anyway, tested with 1.10.5 and the issue is present.
Old 5th February 2019, 00:39   #783  |  Link
nji

I'm sorry - then my information about orig VirtualDub was wrong.

However don't worry too much.
Actually it WAS terrible when nobody knew about the bugs in logo and fflayer.
Now we're a step further, and can turn to that :-)
nji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2019, 00:39   #784  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

I've just noticed that if I press F2 while an Avisynth script is loaded, the new instance of the filter I'm testing gets constructed before the previous one gets destructed. If, instead, I reload the file manually (selecting it from the Recent list), the previous instance gets destructed before the new instance is constructed.

More out of curiosity than anything else (I'm trying to track down a crash, but that's my filter's problem), is there a reason for the difference?
Old 13th February 2019, 01:57   #785  |  Link
shekh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkey_monkey View Post
I've just noticed that if I press F2 while an Avisynth script is loaded, the new instance of the filter I'm testing gets constructed before the previous one gets destructed. If, instead, I reload the file manually (selecting it from the Recent list), the previous instance gets destructed before the new instance is constructed.

More out of curiosity than anything else (I'm trying to track down a crash, but that's my filter's problem), is there a reason for the difference?
Interesting. This probably can become an issue with some script.
Calling recent file is same as "close, open" but "reopen" is special atomic procedure. However the only case where it makes difference is the dialog telling the timeline becomes shorter and you can lose some edits. From there you can choose "cancel", in which case the whole reopening is aborted and you are left with previous state unchanged.
Old 15th February 2019, 00:24   #786  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

Hey shekh, I know I've already asked for a lot of stuff, but would you consider adding an option to disable the grey frame that comes up when you reach the end of the timeline? It can be jarring when scrubbing back and forth.

Seeing the frame count at the end of the timeline is nice, but if you could add an option to make it impossible to actually reach that last point, it'd be really great.
Old 15th February 2019, 11:58   #787  |  Link
shekh

I have an idea. There is this feature which can work: go to last visible frame, press "set selection end" (to select entire timeline but the last frame), press Go->Zoom selection. In this mode you will not see the gray "past the end frame".
What is missing probably, I should enable "Zoom selection" doing exactly this when there is no timeline selection initially. Would be easy.

Btw,
Quote:
I just updated and now I find that VirtualDub2 remembers zoom levels from when I last closed it. This, I think, is different to the previous behaviour, where files were always first opened at 100%.
The option exists now: preferences->Main->Remember autosize and zoom