Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 19th October 2017, 23:10   #921  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

frank, is this something that happens only with B3D2MK3D? I ask that because I ripped 00042.ssif from the Wonder Woman 3D bluray and then demuxed the left.h264 and right.264 streams with EAC3TO, then made a script with DGMVCSource(...,mode="hw") and dropped the script on MPC-HC. It plays fine every time, not ever hanging or looping. I tested it on both a Haswell and a Kaby Lake.

What are the scenarios where you get these failures?
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2017, 11:32   #922  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I don't think BD3D2MK3D could be the culprit, It creates only a AVS script with (basically) this:
Code:
LoadPlugin("D:\Tcl\work\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\FRIMSource.dll")
#LoadPlugin("D:\Tcl\work\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\DGMVCDecode.dll")

# Load the two video streams (192000 frames per stream)
interleaved = FRIMSource("mvc", "00001.track_4113.264", "00001.track_4114.mvc", num_frames = 192000, cache = 2, platform = "")
#interleaved = DGMVCSource("00001.track_4113.264", "00001.track_4114.mvc", view = 0, frames = 192000, mode = "auto") # Old syntax for mode: hw = 0

# Current base view: left eye.
# The views are in the common order: AVC stream = left view, MVC stream = right view.
left  = SelectEven(interleaved)
right = SelectOdd(interleaved)

# Build Side-by-Side stream
StackHorizontal(HorizontalReduceBy2(Left), HorizontalReduceBy2(Right))
In this example, the platform mode is left to automatic. The plugin should use the hardware decoder if it is available. You can also force sw or hw mode from the GUI, but it's normally not necessary.

That script is then encoded in h264 or h265 with a shell script containing a command similar to this:
Code:
"D:\Tcl\work\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\avs2yuv.exe" ^
  "__ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs" -frames 192240 -o - ^
  | "D:\Tcl\work\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\x264_8bit_x64.exe" ^
  --crf 22 --preset slow --level 4.1 --vbv-bufsize 78125 --vbv-maxrate 62500 ^
  --sar 1:1 --range tv --colormatrix bt709 ^
  --frame-packing 3 --qpfile chapters_3D.qpfile --frames 192240 --fps 24000/1001 ^
  --output "00001_3D.264" --demuxer y4m --stdin y4m -
That .CMD script is launched directly by the user and runs therefore in a command prompt window, totally independent to BD3D2MK3D.

Last edited by r0lZ; 20th October 2017 at 11:43.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2017, 17:17   #923  |  Link
frank
Banned

videoh:
Quote:
frank, is this something that happens only with B3D2MK3D?
The issue comes from the used decoder dll in the avs script. In HW mode they use the installed Intel graphics drivers (SDK).
FRIMdecode.exe without BD3D2MK3D has the same behavior.

Hmm... BD3D2MK3D demuxes the m2ts streams with tsMuxeR. You used eac3to. So I will test again with demuxed AVC and MVC streams by eac3to.

EDIT
No way, same behavior.
So you may have another version of Intel graphics drivers. I used v21.20.16.4664
I give up.

Last edited by frank; 20th October 2017 at 19:47.
frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2018, 18:13   #924  |  Link
FlintEastwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorjharris View Post
Code:
The dependent (.mvc) stream for the selected video is not Blu-ray complient or does not match the base stream.
May be this is due to the SEI messages being in the wrong order...
I get the same error with FRIM encodes in DVD Architect 7.

I try to make a 3D-Bluray with menus and this is not possible with TsMuxer only.
I used TsMuxer to rebuild the SEI data but it didn't help. DVD Architect still complains about the MVC-stream.
FlintEastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2018, 23:42   #925  |  Link
FlintEastwood

I'm having now a strange problem with my encodes in PowerDVD:

I try to make bluray-compatible streams:
Code:
FRIMEncode -i test.avs -o:mvc testMVC.avc testMVC.mvc -avi -sbs 2 -vbr 15000 40000 -cpbsize 3750 -u 3 -l 4 -profile high -level 4.1 -colormatrix bt709 -colorprim bt709 -colortransfer bt709 -viewoutput
When I set the target usage to "-u 1" or "-u 2" the muxed BD plays but it looses the second view at some frames. So 3D goes on and off and on and off.
When I set the target usage to "-u 3" or higher, everything plays fine.

I'm forced to use Software-mode, as my i7 870 doesn't support the hardware encoding. Is that the problem?

OS is Win10 64bit. Muxing is done with TsMuxer 2.6.12. I'm using Avisynth 2.60 32bit and FrimEncode 32bit, but that shouldn't be a problem?
Old 17th March 2018, 18:48   #926  |  Link
marcotti

From MKV O-U to BluRay

Hi All,
I have a movie Full HD Over/Under (or TAB 1920x2160) in MKV.
I extracted the video track with tsMuxer, to obtain a 264 file (~30GB).
I fed FRIMDecode64 with the following:
Code:
FRIMDecode64 -i:h264 E:\Video\Blu-Ray\AME\MyMovie_3D.track_1.264 -o E:\Video\Blu-Ray\AME\MyMovie_3D.track_1.yuv
And it looked working (the file is ~43GB).

Now I tried both these options but I optained in both cases a very little file (~5GB) that, btw, is unreadable.

Code:
FRIMEncode64 -tab 2 -i E:\Video\Blu-Ray\AME\MyMovie_3D.track_1.yuv -w 1920 -h 1080 -viewoutput -o:mvc E:\Video\MyMovie_3D_base.avc E:\Video\MyMovie_3D_dependent.mvc -vbr 28000 40000 -u 1
and
Code:
FRIMEncode64 -tab 2 -i E:\Video\Blu-Ray\AME\MyMovie_3D.track_1.yuv -w 1920 -h 1080 -viewoutput -o:mvc E:\Video\MyMovie_3D_base.avc E:\Video\MyMovie_3D_dependent.mvc -u 1
What do I do wrong?
Thanks for helping
Cheers
Marco
marcotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2018, 00:40   #927  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcotti View Post
Code:
FRIMDecode64 -i:h264 E:\Video\Blu-Ray\AME\MyMovie_3D.track_1.264 -o E:\Video\Blu-Ray\AME\MyMovie_3D.track_1.yuv
And it looked working (the file is ~43GB).
43 GB is way too small. Decoding is not working correctly (unless it is a very short movie). Should be 750 GB for a 90 minute movie for 1920x2160 at 23.976 fps.

Is it using software or hardware decoding? Try software decoding.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2018, 12:46   #928  |  Link
Sharc

It may help to put the paths to the files between quotation marks (I don't spot any blanks though ....)
Did you run out of disc space?

Last edited by Sharc; 18th March 2018 at 20:25. Reason: typo
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2018, 10:07   #929  |  Link
astraub

How to use FRIMDecode

Hi,

is there anywhere a simple example how to use FRIMDecode to separate the two video streams on a 3D Bluray disk?

What options does the command offer? Is the only output option .yuv format? Huge files?

I tried out the Geekit from DVDFab to shrink my 3D BluRays. basically this really works very fast and with very good quality.
The only problem is that even the activated version still puts random watermarks in the right eye stream and there seems to
be no willingness from the manufacturer to fix this.

So I am trying to find a replacement for the MVC decoder (their Encoder works REALLY good and very fast!).

So far the only option I hope to work is using FRIMDecode -> .yuv files -> H.264 encode -> .mkv

This way i could hopefully end up with the two streams needed to feed the MVC encoder to generate a smaller 3D BluRay.
I also tried BD Rebuilder, but my SW player is generating serious blocking artifacts in the right eye channel when using this.
The results of the Geekit MVC encoder work flawlessly.

I would be really glad about any hints/links in that direction!

Greetings
Andreas

Last edited by astraub; 17th April 2018 at 10:12.
astraub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2018, 11:24   #930  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by astraub View Post
What options does the command offer? Is the only output option .yuv format? Huge files?
From the start post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by videofan3d View Post
FRIM Decoder (command-line tool) converts elementary or transport streams (MPEG2, H.264 AVC/MVC-3D, VC1) into planar-yuv. Output can be either regular file or Windows named pipe.
Output to a pipe allows further YUV processing without consumption of enormous diskspace.

[...]
FRIM Source is Avisynth plugin for sequential reading of elementary or transport streams (MPEG2, H.264 AVC/MVC-3D, VC1) in Avisynth scripts.
Old 17th April 2018, 11:59   #931  |  Link
astraub

Yes, I have seen the pipe option. Unfortunately my MVC Encoder does not have a command line option - so I need the intermediate files. I will also need to re-compress the .yuv files to the size required. It would of course be better to extract the orginal H.264 streams - but so far only the DVDFAB Geekit appears to be able to do that.

I still need some help for the command line syntax of the FRIMDecoder to generate the two streams from a frame sequential MKV ...
Old 17th April 2018, 12:11   #932  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Yes, I have seen the pipe option. Unfortunately my MVC Encoder does not have a command line option - so I need the intermediate files. I will also need to re-compress the .yuv files to the size required. It would of course be better to extract the orginal H.264 streams - but so far only the DVDFAB Geekit appears to be able to do that.
3D Blu-Ray is MVC which means one of the views depends on the base view. You cannot separate them into 2 H.264 streams without re-encoding. If you want to re-encode you can feed the yuv pipe or avs script into x264cli or ffmpeg or whatever you need.
Old 17th April 2018, 12:44   #933  |  Link
astraub

Hmm ... I would dispute that. Not only because DVDFab wrote, that they can extract the H.264 streams without quality loss, but also based on the fact that in an actual 3D player there is simply no time to re-encode the dependent stream just to decode it afterwards. There must be a pretty simple mathematical calculation to combine the frames of the MVC stream and the dependant stream, which can be calculated easily in real time in a 3D player. This is basically reversing the encoding operation. You could call that a re-encode - but not in the sense that the actual frames are being completely decoded to an uncompressed format and re-encoded again.

The main problem here is, that it appears to be practically impossible to get a detailed specification of the MVC stream and the dependent stream formats and the generation of the dependent stream. I already searched the internet for hours - without success. That is most likely the reason, why so far the FRIM tools are the only non-commercial tools so far.

OK - so now I still need the syntax to use FRIMDecode with a frame sequential MKV file as an input and two .yuv files as output.
Old 17th April 2018, 14:05   #934  |  Link
astraub

In the meantime I found this:

FRIMDecode mvc -i "MVCCombined.h264" -o "TMP.yuv"

should hopefully generate the two decoded .yuv files. Will test this tonight.
Old 18th April 2018, 08:56   #935  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Hmm ... I would dispute that. Not only because DVDFab wrote, that they can extract the H.264 streams without quality loss, but also based on the fact that in an actual 3D player there is simply no time to re-encode the dependent stream just to decode it afterwards.
DVDFab can extract the h264 stream. In other words, it can extract the MAIN, AVC stream. And any good demuxer can also extract the MVC stream (the dependent view), but it's totally useless, as there is no way to decode it without the main AVC stream.

So, you can extract the AVC and the MVC streams (without quality loss) with any good demuxer (plus a decrypter to get rid of the protection), but to do something with that two video streams, you need a program that can decode the streams to either display them (like a 3D BD player) or to just output the raw streams to a file or a pipe (and it's exactly what FRIM does). Finally, you should re-encode the two streams to another format, more practical and requiring less disc space (like Half-SBS).

If you want to do that with free tools (and without watermarks), have a look at BD3D2MK3D. It does everything (except the removal of the protection) with the help of avisynth, and it outputs a final MKV in Half or Full-SBS or TAB, ready to be played with any 3D player. But it cannot re-encode to a smaller 3D BD.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2018, 11:36   #936  |  Link
astraub

In the meantime I received a fixed version of the DVDFab Geekit - no watermarks any more. I hope this will make it to the official download page soon. It contains an MVC Decoder and MVC encoder so that I can now successfully change the size of all my 3D Bluray images to a more acceptable scale without losing any visible quality or reducing resolution! Problem solved.
Old 9th July 2018, 21:51   #937  |  Link
videofan3d

FRIM version 1.29 (experimental) released

Intel released recently new version of their Media SDK - 2018 R1. This version contains also free HEVC encoder/decoder.

New version of FRIM 1.29 incorporates (beside few other improvements) this HEVC codec.

Since implementation of HEVC represented significant rework of many internal routines, I marked version 1.29 as "experimental".

Changes are described in release notes and also in accompanied FRIM_setup_readme.pdf document (important!)

Would be great if somebody who is interested in this version could try and provide feedback here in this forum.
videofan3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2018, 05:13   #938  |  Link
Alanick

Hey guys, quick question if I may.

Is there any tool out there that can allow to edit the .mp4 converted file to correct lets say audio language name?
For example if the mp4 has 5 audio streams, but all are named English/eng, how can I edit the video with out re-encoding/re-muxing?
I know how to do it for MKV with MKVToolnix, but what about mp4 format?

thank you in advance.

Last edited by Alanick; 28th July 2018 at 04:41.
Alanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2018, 22:23   #939  |  Link
FlintEastwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanick View Post
Hey guys, quick question if I may.

Is there any tool out there that can allow to edit the .mp4 converted file to correct lets say audio language name?
For example if the mp4 has 5 audio streams, but all are named English/eng, how can I edit the video with out re-encoding?
I know how to do it for MKV with MKVToolnix, but what about mp4 format?

thank you in advance.
This is the wrong thread for this question, isn't it?

Well, you can do this easily with Avidemux. The file has to be rewritten but nothing is reencoded.

There is a way to do it with Mp4Box too. I'm not familiar with it but you could give it a try.
Old 28th July 2018, 04:45   #940  |  Link
Alanick

Thank you for your answer.

It isn't the wrong thread, I simply want to know how can one edit the already encoded/muxed file with out re-encoding/re-muxing all over again for an MP4 file.
Alanick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
encoders, mvc