Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 21st August 2020, 17:52   #1  |  Link
rogress

Select specific M2TS files with BD Rebuilder

I've been using BD Rebuilder for years to backup my movies to MKV.

I have a few documentary type Blu Rays where BD Rebuilder doesn't know which M2TS files to use.

Is there a way with BD Rebuilder to manually select certain M2TS files and have it "merge" them into a single .mkv or will I need to use a different tool (MakeMKV?)

(or alternatively, can I manually select a single M2TS file and have BD Rebuilder convert to MKV?)

Thanks
rogress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2020, 22:28   #2  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogress View Post
I've been using BD Rebuilder for years to backup my movies to MKV.

I have a few documentary type Blu Rays where BD Rebuilder doesn't know which M2TS files to use.

Is there a way with BD Rebuilder to manually select certain M2TS files and have it "merge" them into a single .mkv or will I need to use a different tool (MakeMKV?)

(or alternatively, can I manually select a single M2TS file and have BD Rebuilder convert to MKV?)

Thanks
All multipart M2TSs are organized into a single unit via a playlist. In BD-RB, under the MODE menu, select "Movie-Only Backup" and then "Other Movie-Only Playlist". It will give you choices of all playlists that have a length of 15 minutes or more (by default). You can then encode them one at a time -- or go to the Batch menu and add them (either individually or as a group) by right clicking on the list area.

If you want to select other playlists that are shorter than 15 mins, you can change the minimum time with the MIN_PLAYLIST_MINS hidden options (see HIDDENOPTS.TXT for details).

Last edited by jdobbs; 21st August 2020 at 22:30.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2020, 00:54   #3  |  Link
rogress

As usual, thanks for the excellent info.
rogress is offline   Reply With Quote