Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Closed Thread

Old 4th July 2016, 19:58   #1961  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by qyot27 View Post
It wasn't nnedi3 that caused it for me, I have an older version of it and hadn't updated. It was a mismatch between the plugins built with an early 16-bit test build from pinterf's branch, and the core of r2003/r2005, since I was using Windows' directory-first dll override tactic to make ffmpeg see the new build instead of the one in system32. Once I put the new plugins in the autoload directory, the problem went away.

So something changed in the plugins too. Probably DirectShowSource, since Reel.Deel mentioned that earlier.

And this wouldn't be the first time *VarDef has caused an issue. I couldn't figure out how to integrate it into avsplus properly back during RC1 when it was first brought into 2.6, so it may be piggybacking on that too.
DirectShowSource uses iscriptenv2 too, so it has the same problem as nnedi3. except dss is automatically rebuilt with every build of avs+, so as soon you updated dss, the problem went away. it will go away for nnedi3 too if you recompile it for the newest headers. With one word: same problem.
Old 4th July 2016, 19:59   #1962  |  Link
pinterf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormento View Post
LOL... It took months from my first post but... Hey... At last...
Tormento, just one more thing (C) Columbo, do your Windows use comma or dot for decimal separator?
Old 4th July 2016, 20:25   #1963  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinterf View Post
Tormento, just one more thing (C) Columbo, do your Windows use comma or dot for decimal separator?
Comma, italian regional setting.
Old 4th July 2016, 20:35   #1964  |  Link
pinterf

O.K. then. Same for me.

After approximately 150 iterations (delete-run-view) I managed to shrink down that nice, easy-to-read SmDegrain to a simple return Dither_Luma_Rebuild line. And the visual experience was staggering. Big white blocks were moving to and fro on my screen. No wonder that the MSuper/MAnalyze did bad conclusion with this input.

Why?

Inside Dither_Luma_Rebuild the lut expression is assembled dinamically.

(Values come from the real test case)
Code:
S0=1.0
c=0.0625

k = (s0 - 1) * c
t = "x 4096 - 56064 / 0 1 clip"
e = String(k)+" "+String(1+c)+" "+String((1+c)*c)+" "+t+" "+String(c)
\       +" + / - * "+t+" 1 "+String(k)+" - * + 65536 *"
... and e is used here:
Dither_lut16 (yexpr=e,expr="x 32768 - 32768 * 28672 / 32768 +",y=3, u=uv, v=uv)
With these values variable "e" should look like something like this (I left "t" as is):
Code:
"0 1.0625 0.06640625 "+t+" 0.0625 "+" + / - * "+t+" 1 0 - * + 65536 *"
But we are using commas for decimal separator.
String(float_type) results in commas in this case, but the lut functions do not like it. Surely they rely strictly on dots. This becomes a mess for the function:
Code:
"0 1,0625 0,06640625 "+t+" 0,0625 "+" + / - * "+t+" 1 0 - * + 65536 *"
The fix is probably to override windows settings and use dot only for formatting floats.

The annoying thing that the debug build was O.K. as it did not take into account windows settings and used dots for formatting floats.
Old 4th July 2016, 21:18   #1965  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
The fix is probably to override windows settings and use dot only for formatting floats.
+1

Quote:
The annoying thing that the debug build was O.K. as it did not take into account windows settings and used dots for formatting floats.
Sounds a lot like Connect #2185894, with the exception that MS claims it has been already fixed in Update 2.
Old 4th July 2016, 23:49   #1966  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

sry guys, i know i promised, but no builds today. time flew and now i need to sleep. instead there was plenty of diagnosing and exchanging with others. i'm also tempted to only publish next build either when there is a proper fix for #37, or if not that, at least a recommendation for plugin authors about how to handle it. these are next on my agenda.
Old 5th July 2016, 10:42   #1967  |  Link
ajp_anton

I'm throwing another vote on it being called "ConvertToStacked" and "ConvertFromStacked", without the "Hbd" in the name.

The Hbd there is unnecessary, because what else would you convert it to/from? There is no advantage, but it has the disadvantage of it being a relatively unknown abbreviation (no matter how "official" and "real" it might be). Whoever said it looks just like a random pile of letters, I agree.
The "Stacked" is already well established in the community, at least with everyone who actually uses it. It's also not an abbreviation, and it's an easy word to pronounce and thus remember.

Another minor problem with HBR is that we don't know how many bits it actually is. Not really a problem now when only 16 bits is introduced (right?), but more formats might be added in the future, in which case we will need "ConvertTo8bit", "ConvertTo12bit" and so on. "HBR" has no place there, it's better to call them by how many bits they actually are.
Stacked is and will ever be only 16 bits, because it's a dead end and will never evolve past that.
Old 5th July 2016, 10:51   #1968  |  Link
Chikuzen
typo lover

Hi.

I updated some my plugins.

RawSource26
PlanarTools
yadifmod2
TMM2
CombMask
TCannyMod
VapourSource

Recompile is easy.
But the announcement is annoy for me...
Old 5th July 2016, 12:17   #1969  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultim View Post
HBD is basically a technical prerequisite of HDR. In addition to HBD, HDR allows to process color and brightness values outside of your limited display range. This usually means 1) using HBD to represent values outside of the valid displayable range, and 2) at the end some kind of tone mapping algorithm to bring it back down to valid pixel values. With HBD Avisynth+ can now do the first of part of HDR, for the second some kind of plugin to perform the tone mapping would be required.
Even without the tone mapping plugin, HDR is still useful to avoid clipping values in the middle of calculations and conversions. It can still be added now. It would be wise to plan this at the same time as HBD. Tone mapping can be added later.
Old 5th July 2016, 12:40   #1970  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Quote:
If debug is usable, can you upload and make me test it?
Old 5th July 2016, 19:51   #1971  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp_anton View Post
I'm throwing another vote on it being called "ConvertToStacked" and "ConvertFromStacked", without the "Hbd" in the name.

The Hbd there is unnecessary, because what else would you convert it to/from? There is no advantage, but it has the disadvantage of it being a relatively unknown abbreviation (no matter how "official" and "real" it might be). Whoever said it looks just like a random pile of letters, I agree.
The "Stacked" is already well established in the community, at least with everyone who actually uses it. It's also not an abbreviation, and it's an easy word to pronounce and thus remember.

Another minor problem with HBR is that we don't know how many bits it actually is. Not really a problem now when only 16 bits is introduced (right?), but more formats might be added in the future, in which case we will need "ConvertTo8bit", "ConvertTo12bit" and so on. "HBR" has no place there, it's better to call them by how many bits they actually are.
Stacked is and will ever be only 16 bits, because it's a dead end and will never evolve past that.
Since ppl on IRC were also whining about the names, they'll be renamed to ConvertToStacked and ConvertFromStacked. Another suggestion I've received and I like it, is to move these functions into a plugin. This plugin will be distributed along with the core for some time.
Old 5th July 2016, 19:53   #1972  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryX View Post
Even without the tone mapping plugin, HDR is still useful to avoid clipping values in the middle of calculations and conversions. It can still be added now. It would be wise to plan this at the same time as HBD. Tone mapping can be added later.
No need for special considerations. float type support automatically handles this case. All we need to ensure is to not clamp float to 0..1 at every operation.
Old 5th July 2016, 22:49   #1973  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

EDIT: There is a newer build here.

Okay, new build r2022.
Please also update the included plugins (if you have an older version installed) to avoid problems. Also, use the updated plugins from chikuzen for the same reason.

The changes compared to r2003 include:
- Fix for corrupted output of HBD resizers.
- ConvertHbd*() functions renamed to ConvertToStacked() and ConvertFromStacked().
- DirectShowSource() compatibilty fix for VapourSynth.
- Restored XP support.
- (pinterf) New HBD functions added: ConvertToYUV420/422/444(). These convert between different plane formats while keeping the current bit depth. Bit depth conversions will be added in an upcoming build.
- (pinterf) Floating point formatting bug fix, hopefully resolving issues like this.
- (chikuzen) Added ASM-optimized Turn functions for HBD.

Furthermore, the download link now includes new AvsPmod versions, including one also for x64.

As always, please test and give us feedback.

Last edited by ultim; 11th July 2016 at 21:21. Reason: correction
Old 5th July 2016, 22:52   #1974  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Achievement Unlocked: Page 100.

Last edited by ultim; 5th July 2016 at 22:54.
Old 5th July 2016, 23:13   #1975  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Well, that escalated quickly...

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
Old 5th July 2016, 23:24   #1976  |  Link
pinterf

2022. So we are in the future from now on
Old 5th July 2016, 23:56   #1977  |  Link
Groucho2004

r2022 running smoothly on XP32 so far.
Old 6th July 2016, 02:07   #1978  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultim View Post
- (pinterf) New HBD functions added: ConvertToYUV420/422/444(). These convert between different plane formats while keeping the current bit depth. Bit depth conversions will be added in an upcoming build.
This will create confusion with ConvertToYV12, ConvertToYV16 and ConvertToYV24.

Why not keep the same standard functions and add a parameter? They can maintain compatibility with existing scripts while providing the extra feature.
Old 6th July 2016, 05:28   #1979  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryX View Post
This will create confusion with ConvertToYV12, ConvertToYV16 and ConvertToYV24.

Why not keep the same standard functions and add a parameter? They can maintain compatibility with existing scripts while providing the extra feature.
The old names didn't go anywhere.
Old 6th July 2016, 07:19   #1980  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

Here's an idea for a new feature. Someone wrote AvsFilterNet to allow writing plugins in .NET. One issue is that the .NET plugin must be loaded by AvsFilterNet which is not practical for the user. A .NET library can't be loaded directly by AviSynth.

Could AviSynth+ natively provide an interface for .NET plugins?

This could come useful for utility plugins dealing with multi-threading, multi-processes or performing other complex tasks without requiring raw assembly binary computations.

MP_Pipeline, for example, would have much simpler code by being written in C#. Creating a LoadImage plugin also could be done with just a few lines of code.

Then someone can write a plugin that sends the workload across 10 cloud servers and compares all the data against a database with all communications highly encrypted :P If that'd be useful for someone.

Last edited by MysteryX; 6th July 2016 at 07:23.
Closed Thread