Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC)

Old 1st January 2019, 15:51   #61  |  Link
kolak

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3rd3vil View Post
Ok so here we go apparently. The time was ripe. Apparently just have to leech that Dolby MP4 muxer and then mux the 2 files you gotta demux first (with TSMuxxer for example, 2 hevc streamfiles, the 4k video stream and the 1080p DV extra stream). Seems to work. Dolby Vision inside a mp4 container and the stuff is there!
Just need to roll up ones sleeves and done. No prob

It isnt single layer stuff though. Apparently
You can't just with re-muxing convert dual layer DV into single layer. This would need some DV engine (which is Dolby secret) to actually create final "image" and then re-encoding to new h265 file ( as far as I can tell).
kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2019, 08:07   #62  |  Link
mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhh11 View Post
yeah still dual layers DV but at least now we can watch DV remux in our TV via USB.

i tried and it works well but I haven't watched a complete movie yet.

only work with AC3 / E-AC-3 / AC-4 / AAC audio.

https://github.com/DolbyLaboratories/dlb_mp4base

Code:
mp4muxer --dv-profile 7 --input-file (baselayername.hevc1) --input-file (dvlayername.hevc2) --input-file (audio.ac3) --media-lang eng --output-file (nameofmovie).mp4
Thank you, imhh11.
mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2019, 05:58   #63  |  Link
Grencola

I made a simple winrar sfx file that dumps dolbymp4muxer and eac3to into your desired movie's folder, runs some scripts I wrote, then clears itself leaving just the original file and the new dv mp4.

it automatically demuxes the video tracks, converts the audio, and muxes an mp4 all in like one click. not that it was complicated before, but streamlining helps the masses a few features that actually makes it handy to have:

-original filename is kept and applied to the mp4 file as well
-scans the folder for either an m2ts or mkv file and runs the appropriate script or prompts and exits if neither was found
-checks for adequate disk space before proceeding
-checks the file for a DV track where if no dv was found it prompts and exits out properly instead of just mass errors.
-calculates the total time it takes for the procedure to finish

let me know what you think.

https://bit.ly/2WbHZR0

Last edited by Grencola; 23rd March 2019 at 20:17.
Grencola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2019, 18:24   #64  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grencola View Post
I made a simple winrar sfx file that dumps dolbymp4muxer and eac3to into your desired movie's folder, runs some scripts I wrote, then clears itself leaving just the original file and the new dv mp4.
Hi @Grencola,

I have just used your little tool to re-mux my 4K UHD 'full disc' back-up of Forrest Gump to an .MP4 file. Although the whole process took a couple of hours to complete on my low powered Asus laptop, I'm happy to confirm that the .MP4 file played perfectly on my OPPO UDP-203 and LG television complete with Dolby Vision flag