Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 29th December 2010, 17:49   #101  |  Link
setarip_old

@Peer van Heuen
Quote:
You got lucky that those 5 discs of yours are using a similar BD+ if all of those are happy with the bit-flipping in those BDJO files.
I guess that's possible, although (to me) it seems unlikely, since these Fox Blu-rays were releases spread over the last 5 months or so - and during that same period, I did not come across any Fox BD+ releases that did not require just the "two byte flipping" in order to bypass that warning.

Quote:
Other discs only need some values in MovieObjects.bdmv changed.

And then others, like Avatar, need JAR files to be modified, classes to be replaced and so on...

For each of those "types", there are even different possible solutions
Are all these alternatives pertinent to just bypassing the BD+ warning, or are you describing some of the possible requirements for overcoming the entiirety of the BD+ protection? (as it sounds to me, although I know nothing about the intricacies)

Quote:
If you want to be a free rider, which is perfectly fine, you'll have to live with the limitations.
If my presumption about the "flipping" being the ONLY thing required to bypass the warning message was correct, I was hoping that the methodology used for overcoming this singular repetitive event could be shared, so that those of us who are simply looking for the gratification of making full disc backups would be able to continue to do so. If not, "life goes on", with (for the time being) full disc backups of non-Fox/BD+ release and movie-only backups of Fox/BD+ releases (Or, essentially full disc backups of Fox/BD+ releases with custom menus via multiAVCHD). In real world terms, when you consider the generally insignificant "value" of the extras that appear on most discs, there's no great loss in having the occasional movie-only backup in one's collection - although, if this ever becomes the case with Disney release, my grandkids would be all over me ;>}

BTW - how often do you wake up in the morning and wish I could stay in bed instead of removing BD+ firmware warnings?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2010, 18:30   #102  |  Link
Peer van Heuen
SlySoft Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post

Are all these alternatives pertinent to just bypassing the BD+ warning, or are you describing some of the possible requirements for overcoming the entiirety of the BD+ protection? (as it sounds to me, although I know nothing about the intricacies)

No, it's really JUST the removal of that FW warning, I'm talking about.
Imagine the scenario: there's a disc with a hunk of Java on it that controls the flow of the disc with menus and whatnot.
Somewhere woven into it, there is code that communicates with the BD+ engine (the more recent BD+ discs do that throughout the movie).
Now, if BD+ already has been removed, that Java code will panic, because OMG, where's my BD+? Gone? No one to talk to.
This part needs to be cut out or otherwise be silenced or made happy - even BD+ has the desire to be happy.

So flipping those bits will not help.

With many older BD+ discs it's easier, as this BD-J part only runs once before the movie starts, then it launches the BD-J object that contains the movie itself. So simply removing the BD+ object in the BDJO file will do the trick. That's what you are seeing.

Quote:
BTW - how often do you wake up in the morning and wish I could stay in bed instead of removing BD+ firmware warnings?
If you had bought an AnyDVD license some time in the past, you either could or I would. Every morning
Old 29th December 2010, 20:08   #103  |  Link
setarip_old

@Peer van Heuen
Quote:
With many older BD+ discs it's easier, as this BD-J part only runs once before the movie starts, then it launches the BD-J object that contains the movie itself. So simply removing the BD+ object in the BDJO file will do the trick. That's what you are seeing.
I certainly don't question your knowledge about this (obviously), but I have a hard time reconciling what you say to the fact (that I alluded to earlier) that my findings/results have all been based on NEW Fox releases over the past several months, including IIRC "Knight and Day", "Wall Street - Money Never Sleeps", "Predators", "Diary if a Wimpy Kid", and "The A-Team", to mention a few.

It would appear that I'll have to wait to purchase the next Fox Blu-ray release(s) to see if the MakeMKV full disc rip, combined with the 2 byte flipping (determined by comparing the DVDFab Passkey-created "BDJO" files with those created by MakeMKV) still circumvents the "BD+ warning".

Perhaps I've piqued your curiosity sufficiently that you may choose to perform the same test to "check it out" for yourself...

Thank you for your feedback.

I haven't "slept in" in years (Might miss something - like the closing of a significant business transaction, as well as the recent arrival of another grandchild) ;>}

Last edited by setarip_old; 29th December 2010 at 20:21.
Old 30th December 2010, 14:15   #104  |  Link
Peer van Heuen
SlySoft Team Member

Quote:
It would appear that I'll have to wait to purchase the next Fox Blu-ray release(s) to see if the MakeMKV full disc rip, combined with the 2 byte flipping (determined by comparing the DVDFab Passkey-created "BDJO" files with those created by MakeMKV) still circumvents the "BD+ warning".
Without ever having tried it - I do think it is possible, that, at least for many discs, the original BD+ code in BD-J still diligently processing the non-existing BD+ causes no real harm, as it may simply stall.
Not a clean solution, but if it works for you, I don't see a real drawback.

But I know that there are a handful of even older discs where the BDJO-"trick" won't work, because the loading works differently. A Russian version of "Dragonball Evolution" comes to mind, but I doubt, you'll be troubled by that

Quote:
I haven't "slept in" in years (Might miss something - like the closing of a significant business transaction, as well as the recent arrival of another grandchild) ;>}
[/Color]
Some events can be healthy to miss, though...
Old 30th December 2010, 17:45   #105  |  Link
setarip_old

@Peer van Heuen

Now that you've said:
Quote:
Not a clean solution, but if it works for you, I don't see a real drawback.
I would go back to my original purpose in posting to this thread - and ask if a (presumably) small standalone Windows program that identifies the two bits on each BD+ disc could be provided to the community as freeware by someone with the requisite knowledge (such as yourself or, perhaps, someone from "Fengtao's" organization)...

Last edited by setarip_old; 30th December 2010 at 17:55.
Old 9th January 2011, 02:29   #106  |  Link
setarip_old

Update regarding "BD+ Warning"

I just purchased the "Machete" Blu-ray disc (Robert DeNiro should be ashamed of himself). It is a Fox BD+ release.

Once again, the flipping of 2 bytes by DVDFab (applied to my MakeMKV full disc rip) was all it took to get past the "BD+ warning"...

Last edited by setarip_old; 9th January 2011 at 07:52.
Old 15th January 2011, 17:28   #107  |  Link
Elias
Be Brave!

Does it work with BD+? I haven't read the thread so I apologise if it has been asked already.
Elias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2011, 22:29   #108  |  Link
setarip_old

@Elias

Hi!
Quote:
Does it work with BD+?
No it doesn't - Nor, apparently, does it affect (via circumventing PUOs) what I was seeking here regarding BD+...
Old 1st March 2011, 03:18   #109  |  Link
likwid8

Unfortunately I've tried it on Wall-E and I'm getting this error message, any help is appreciated.

likwid8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 17:40   #110  |  Link
Christobald

Hello

I used 2 times this software and i have this message :

Thanks for help

P.S. : sorry for my bad english

Last edited by Christobald; 28th June 2011 at 17:43.
Christobald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 20:27   #111  |  Link
youneslalami

Please i have proplem

Please i have proplem

count cannot be less than zero
parameter name count
youneslalami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 13:15   #112  |  Link
tkozdras

Problem with TERMINATOR_2

Hi,
I can't remove RC form Terminator 2 without removing BD-Live
content which has to stay in order to disk being playabe.
The massage says: Private key is not available for the certificate 'CERTIFICATE\app.discroot.crt.
I ripped the disc by ANY DVD then used bd rebuilder then made an ISO Image and mounted on virtual drive which is finally used in Blu-ray RCR 2.5. The rest as in instructions.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Please help
tkozdras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2021, 07:08   #113  |  Link
Booth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoof View Post
Blu-ray Region Code Remover 2.5 - 22-Nov-2008

- Fixed an error ("Extra data contains Zip64 information but version 2.0 is not high enough") which was happening
when the program tried to process .jar files with Zip64 extentions. The error was caused by SharpZipLib.dll.
Had to modify SharpZipLib's code and compile a custom .dll in order to fix this problem.

- Started using the same key and certificate for signing .jar files (previously the key was generated anew every time).
This is also the same key and certificate used by AnyDVD HD for the purpose of .jar file signing (Thanks, Peer!).

- Added an option to fix downloaded gbwhatsapp BD-Live content in BD-Live cache folders. As the program uses the same key as AnyDVD HD
for signing .jar files, you can use this feature for BD-Live enabled discs ripped or modified on-the-fly with AnyDVD HD
(please refer to Fix_BD-Live.txt for more information).

- Minor user interface changes.

Download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/j2kmls
Mirror Download link: http://download3.videohelp.com/Blu-r...over%202.5.zip (Thanks, Videohelp.com!)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Blu-ray Region Code Remover" - a program to remove Blu-ray region code from Blu-ray rips.

This program removes Blu-ray region code from Blu-ray rips on a hard disk drive to allow playback regardless of region setting of the player.
(To copy a Blu-ray disc to hard drive, please use Blu-ray Disc Ripper.)

The program supports removing of region code from Blu-ray titles which check the region of the player by means of BDMV script,
and Java-enabled titles which check the region by BD-J script as well.

The program also allows removing of Prohibited User Operations (PUOs) to provide better user experience while navigating movies.

The program is written in Visual Basic and requires Windows Vista or Windows XP with .NET Framework 2.0 to run.

Change Log (up to Version 2.4):

06-May-2008 - Version 2.4
- Implemented signing of .jar archives with certificates.
- The program now recreates .jar archives, which it has modified, from scratch using SharpZipLib. This fixes the problem with some titles (e.g. "Independence Day", UK) which contain .jar files in some odd zip format.
- Changed the program so that now it will not attempt to modify 'sly/SlyReg.class' file in .jar archives. Thus .jar files modified by AnyDVD will not be modified again.
- Removed a check and warning message which required the selected folder to be a Blu-ray movie folder for "Create Logfile" button to work. You can now use this button to create a comprehensive list of files and subfolders in selected folder.

05-Apr-2008:
Version 2.3: Added an option to remove Prohibited User Operations (PUOs) from Blu-ray titles.

03-Apr-2008:
Version 2.1: Fix for "Blu-ray Region Code Remover" overriding BD+ related modifications in MovieObject.bdmv file, made by AnyDVD.

Note: This bug only affects titles which were ripped with AnyDVD 6.4.0.0 or later with "Remove BD+ protection" option enabled and which have both BD+ and region check by MovieObject.bdmv, like "Live Free Or Die Hard". If you used "Blu-ray Region Code Remover" to remove region code from such titles, please copy MovieObject.bdmv file from the original disc (with AnyDVD enabled) to movie's BDMV folder on a hard drive and then run "Blu-ray Region Code Remover" again.

31-Mar-2008: Version 2.0 released. It does not use 'classes.zip' file anymore. It includes java .class file parser and supports removing of region code from ALL BD-Java titles, as well as ALL BDMV titles.

26-Mar-2008: Updated 'classes.zip' file to support "I, Robot" (US).

25-Mar-2008: Updated 'classes.zip' file to support "Independence Day" (US), "Independence Day" (UK), "Die Hard 3" (US) (and possibly some other titles).
Hi there is this still available and can I download this from another valid source or can you please update the downloading link because both links are not work for me in my browser whenever I click on links new windows said invalid link's.
Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2021, 20:55   #114  |  Link
candela

You can find it here https://cyberside.net.ee/ripping/
candela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2021, 08:36   #115  |  Link
maetel99

Did SuperGoof ever release the source code to this tool?
maetel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2021, 20:46   #116  |  Link
kirito

Quote:
Originally Posted by candela View Post
clashmod
Thanks for sharing the link again with us.
kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2022, 16:45   #117  |  Link
vishl99

Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by maetel99 View Post
Did SuperGoof ever release the source code to this tool?
No this is not a actually a tool, peoples use it as a softwires.
vishl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2023, 06:37   #118  |  Link
jackmartian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirito View Post
gb whatsapp
Thanks for sharing the link again with us.
Hi I am wondering to know did you successfully download this tool from the given link?

Last edited by jackmartian; 4th January 2023 at 06:53.
jackmartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2023, 14:12   #119  |  Link
Kishan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmartian View Post
Hi I am wondering to know did you successfully download this tool from the given link?Null’s Clash
Yes...the links are working....open the link and it will redirect you to the catalog of the tools. then just tap on the tool link and the downloading will start directly.
Kishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2023, 00:14   #120  |  Link
Brazil2

Quote:
Originally Posted by randytuck View Post
which tool, we are talking about?.[/url]
Spam hidden behind the comma in the quote and the dot at the end of the answer after the smiley (I've removed it in my quote but left the /URL tag).
Brazil2 is offline   Reply With Quote