Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 5th October 2015, 14:26   #33381  |  Link
lanzorg

Does anyone know how to use madvr developers interface with python or powershell?
Is IMadVRSettings available as COM object?
lanzorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2015, 14:30   #33382  |  Link
krille

Quote:
Originally Posted by panetesan2k6 View Post
One question: That OSD is from PorPlayer or I can get the same in MPC-HC? I'm interested in monitoring CPU and GPU usage.

Thanks
It's from Potplayer. Just push the tab button to show it.
krille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2015, 15:08   #33383  |  Link
panetesan2k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by krille View Post
It's from Potplayer. Just push the tab button to show it.
Thankyou very much!
panetesan2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2015, 15:21   #33384  |  Link
seiyafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
Did you change any of the "when and how shall the GPU be flushed:" settings?

You need a 'wait' step for "... after last render step" to be able to display rendering times.

Have you tried changing the flush options? Using 'flush & wait (loop)' for "... after last render step" might help.

Thank you so much! it's working flawlessly now!
seiyafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2015, 20:21   #33385  |  Link
Ver Greeneyes

I'm still (?) having some issues with the queues not filling up. I think it happens when I open more than one instance of MPC-HC - even if the other instance is paused. The queues don't fill up in the new instance, and the video stutters. If I then resume the other instance, even after closing the second one, the same thing happens. Has anyone else been seeing this? I'm using D3D11 windowed mode on Windows 7.

I need to figure out if I can reproduce this consistently, and whether it's specific to D3D11; so don't consider this a bug report, but I thought I'd mention it.
Ver Greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2015, 21:20   #33386  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi.hamid View Post
Warner306
I appreciate, and have some questions
with Windows 10 64bit and TV Panasonic TX-55AX630 it is necessary to install ReClock or its fine without it?
and what about external LAV filter I need it or the integrated lav filter from htpc 64bit is OK?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ReClock is not necessary. It has the advantage of being able to remove PAL speedup or sync the audio and video clocks, which can drop a frame here or there. But this is minor stuff. And it can only be run as a 32-bit application.

It depends more on the media player you use. Some media players have a lack of good audio renderers to choose from, so ReClock becomes necessary.

The same can be said for LAV Filters. What you install depends on the media player you use. If you use MPC-HC, it comes with its own copies of LAV Filters installed. If you use MPC-BE, LAV must be installed externally.

So what media player are you using?
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2015, 21:54   #33387  |  Link
rafi.hamid

thank you for reply
I use mpc-hc 64bit, have one more question
for Hardware acceleration I chose DXVA2 is that recommended even if I have powerful GPU like gtx 980ti?

rafi.hamid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2015, 22:18   #33388  |  Link
aufkrawall

Use DXVA2 copyback or software decoding (or QuickSync). DXVA2 gives you bad chroma quality with Nvidia in madVR.
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 00:32   #33389  |  Link
hannes69

@madshi and @all who are interested in automatic projector masking procedures
Question about the black bar topic:
I have a home cinema with a 16:9 projector and a 16:9 front projection (screen = white wall, surrounding painted black). For cinemascope movies or movies with an aspect ratio > 16:9 I use vertical adjustable black covered boards to mask the rest light of the DLP projector. I adjust them manually at the moment for every movie. I am an electric engineer and I like tinkering crazy stuff which doesnīt exist or one can buy for horror prices and can do it by yourself with less money... So winter is upcoming in Germany (=time for such projects) and I have a little idea: I want to automate the masking procedure. The used masking boards should easily be adjustable in height by using 4 DC motors (2 for top board, 2 for bottom board / each 2 controlled simultanousely) and threaded bars. By starting the system the boards run to a default position (= no masking), then I start a movie and then by pressing a button (eg remote controlled) the boards should run automatically to the desired position.
First thought for the solution was to go the simple way and use photodiodes to detect the edge between dark and bright and detect so the physical covered area of the movie. Maybe this would work with a good sensitivity of the photodiodes, bright areas of the movie on the top and bottom edges and a very dark room.
But in the meantime during I was thinking about the idea madshi came across with these nice settings with the black borders...
So the second solution would be more of a software based instead of the hardware based photodiode.
But that would require to gain the necessary information out of madvr. That would mean something like target rectangle out of an API. I can do a little bit of programming in C# (not very advanced, but I can do stuff like GUIs, automats,...) so no problem to implement the controlling of my masking setup eg by RS232 to get the information out of the PC. But I donīt know if A) I can get the necessary information out of madvr and B) if yes how.
If this is too complicated I would try the version with the photodiodes. The software based solution seems more reliable to me, so I would prefer this one
Greetings, Hannes.
hannes69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 04:17   #33390  |  Link
6ari8

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
As I already said, it looks like a bug. Try any of the recent test builds, it should already be fixed in there.

The bug is gone in 89.06
6ari8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 06:02   #33391  |  Link
rafi.hamid

aufkrawall
how about CUVID with nividia 980ti?

rafi.hamid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 06:44   #33392  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi.hamid View Post
aufkrawall
how about CUVID with nividia 980ti?
Don't bother with that either. DXVA2 copyback like he said.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 08:33   #33393  |  Link
sebdelsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanzorg View Post
Does anyone know how to use madvr developers interface with python or powershell?
Yes you can. Here is a movie player written in Python that uses madVR's COM interfaces.

There's a catch though. You won't be able to access a madVR object that has been created in another process, directly controlling madVR in MPC-HC from an external Python script for instance.
I've tried... to no avail, and ended up writing a whole player
I guess it might be possible with some weird dll injection. (EDIT : Bad idea, see madshi answer some posts further)

Last edited by sebdelsol; 9th October 2015 at 20:37.
sebdelsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 10:31   #33394  |  Link
James Freeman

madshi can you share your future plans for madVR?
Old 6th October 2015, 11:31   #33395  |  Link
Siso
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Freeman View Post
madshi can you share your future plans for madVR?
+1, It would be lovely.

Last edited by Siso; 6th October 2015 at 12:55.
Siso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 12:57   #33396  |  Link
chros

Quote:
What do you want to achieve exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannes69 View Post
@madshi and @all who are interested in automatic projector masking procedures
Wooow! I like crazy ideas like this one! Tell us when you managed to do it and in what way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebdelsol View Post
Yes you can. Here is a movie player written in Python that uses madVR's COM interfaces.
And wooow again! Congrats for this "small" player!
Old 6th October 2015, 13:26   #33397  |  Link
lanzorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
What do you want to achieve exactly?
I would like to change the settings for madVR from a simple python or powershell script. Creating madVR profiles and changing scaling parameters or enabling smooth motion for example.
lanzorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 14:28   #33398  |  Link
chros

Quote:
I would like to change the settings for madVR from a simple python or powershell script. Creating madVR profiles and changing scaling parameters or enabling smooth motion for example.
If you can toggle them (what you want to change) with the inbuilt keyboard shortcuts then you can automatize it via MPC-HC. If not, then madshi will know more about this.
Old 6th October 2015, 16:59   #33399  |  Link
galneon

Has anyone else experienced an MPC-HC crash on every exit for the last several minor versions of madVR? Only way to close the crash reporter window is killing the process in task manager. Windows 7 64-bit, 32-bit MPC-HC/madVR, GTX 970. I can give more details if there isn't a known crash that behaves in this way. I haven't experimented with settings lately to find if there's a particular cause because I've assumed the crash would go away after the next update, but many updates later I'm starting to wonder if it isn't a known issue.
galneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 17:32   #33400  |  Link
nlnl

madshi or anyone
1) How should we tune "Zoom control" options to follow rule "If Zoom do not lose a single pixel of video only black bars"?
2) Does "crop black bars" have any side effects? Should it be always ticked?
nlnl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling