Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux

Old 8th February 2015, 21:31   #1  |  Link
JClement

Virtualdub Filter BlenderM

A new version of this useful filter is available at:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/vir...ilterblenderm/

The original could not handle multiple masks or blends. If you tried to use a second mask, the first mask was set to be the same as the second one. The new version can do multiple masks and has simplified logic. Of course the new feature will eat more memory if you have multiple masks.

Now it is possible to apply different filter chains to several different regions independently. The labels have also been changed to correctly indicate the exact actions for each control.
JClement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2015, 23:35   #2  |  Link
petermg
Banned

For some reason while I am completely able to use the original "filter blender 1.3" by Steven Don, I am unable to use your filter. Maybe I don't understand the instructions. I'm just trying to blend two different filter paths like I can with the original 1.3.

The original was easy. Just add the filter and select "Begin Path A", and add whatever filters on that path you want, then add "filter blender" again and select "Being Path B" and then add more filters, then add "filter blender" a last time and select BLEND and you can set the percentage for each path.

Yours doesn't seem to have a "Begin Path B" option. The original seemed way way more intuitive.

Please give me more detailed instructions on how to use your filter blender. The only instructions you have given are:

" To use it: 1. Add "filter blenderM" in your virtualdub filter chain. This first instance must be to Store the current frame to A 2. Then add the filters you wish to modify the video. 3. Put it in your filter chain and select "Blend" a. You can blend the current video frame with the one stored in A by selecting the percent"

But what I don't understand is when I add your "filter blenderM" does that BEGIN the new/first filter path that will be blended, or does it END the first one??? Also why do you say it's going to store the current "frame"?? Do you mean store the current filter path/chain?? Can you post a video tutorial or something? The rest of your instructions leave a lot of questions. For example, on step 2, when I'm adding filters to modify the video, is this the beginning of path a, or the start of path b??? In the original version you had to add the filter 3 times, but according to your instructions it seems you have to only add it twice? How does that work? What about the two filter chains? How does your filter recognize two different filter chains if you only add it twice and the last time is to blend them??? I've been playing around with it but so far I'm not having expected results, but when I try to use the original version 1.3, that one works fine.

Thanks again!
petermg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blender, filter, multiple masks, virtualdub