Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion

Old 21st May 2020, 01:23   #1  |  Link
4Dude
An Awesome Dude

I always unplug mine because I dont like being exposed to all that radiation for nothing..... Its very hard now to get away from all this RF that could be affecting us......

Anyone else feel like I do??
4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2020, 03:43   #2  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Dude View Post
I always unplug mine because I dont like being exposed to all that radiation for nothing..... Its very hard now to get away from all this RF that could be affecting us......

Nope.
My three UHD Sky Q decoders, my UHD BD, my mobile phone and my tablet all rely on internet and since I like them to be updated in background during the night when I'm not using them, I leave my router up and running 24/7. As to the health concerns, Wi-Fi is made of non ionizing waves so the only thing they're gonna do to your body is to release a tiny amount of power as heat due to the joule effect. I've got a little bit more into details here:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...16#post1909116
(although I was talking about 5G, the same core concepts apply to Wi-Fi. I would generally write a detailed explanation from scratch but it's 4 in the morning and the only reason I'm on Doom9 with my mobile is that I can't sleep. Damn insomnia... Oh and hey, I wouldn't have been able to reply if I didn't have my router turned on. ).
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2020, 04:49   #3  |  Link
amichaelt

Quote:

Nah, the RF can't get through my tin-foil suit.

Old 21st May 2020, 06:50   #4  |  Link
netmask

I've always worried my whole life about RF and electromagnetic radiation my limit my longevity. Gee I'm only 82, it's a real worry man... Maybe I'll start sleeping in alfoil...
BeyonWiz PVR T3 & V2 (Enigma2 clone)
Chromecast
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 7 Ultimate
QNAP NAS TS851
netmask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2020, 14:04   #5  |  Link
BetA13
cosmic entity

modem or router?

for modem i dont see any problems, since it does not have wlan.
For an Router on the other hand you could use (like myself) an timetable, so the router only is active when you want it.
When im sleeping the Wlan goes off and an hour before i wake up, WLan is automaticly activated and my devices connect to it..
BetA13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2020, 07:44   #6  |  Link
Asmodian

Light is higher energy RF than what any of these devices put out, and by a lot too. This worry about RF always confuses me. Sunlight is a giant death beam?

It is about the power, both of each photon and in total, but the energy of each photon is where it can get really dangerous. Since green light is very safe, and these devices put out photons at a much lower energy, they are not dangerous until they start doing heat damage.

You don't want to spend all day standing in front of a running microwave with the door off (restaurant workers checked) but at the same time bluetooth headsets or WiFi routers are not something to worry about.
Old 22nd May 2020, 17:08   #7  |  Link
4Dude
An Awesome Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by netmask
...Gee I'm only 82...
Well God bless ya mate

I just wanna take precautions (Especially with the upper tier of 5G (24-39Ghz))
Old 22nd May 2020, 17:43   #8  |  Link
amichaelt

Quote:
Well God bless ya mate

Why? Anything 5G at that range barely exists outside of a handful of urban areas. Secondly, mmWave 5G can be entirely attenuated simply by walls and glass. So there's no boogieman 5G coming into your house. Even if you had a 5G cell tower in your house blasting mmWave at you, the signal would be entirely blocked simply by walking into another room. T-Mobile even created a graphic to show this:

To be honest, you're far more at risk from cancer simply by being outside in the sun without sunblock on than you are from your modem and 5G. I hope you also don't ever plan on getting a CT scan ever in your life, because that actually does have a documented link to an increase of about .1% in getting cancer. There is no such verifiable and replicable data when it comes to cellular RF. Most studies showing a link tend to be dodgy and not replicable.

Last edited by amichaelt; 22nd May 2020 at 17:54.
Old 22nd May 2020, 18:14   #9  |  Link
scharfis_brain
brainless

I dont't see the difference from 600MHz 5G to DVB-T/ATSC or FM/AM.

These kind of signals also user muuuch stronger transmitters than 5G and will penetrate walls even better than 5G.

Don't PM me for technical support, please.
scharfis_brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2020, 18:21   #10  |  Link
amichaelt

Quote:
Originally Posted by scharfis_brain View Post
I dont't see the difference from 600MHz 5G to DVB-T/ATSC or FM/AM.

These kind of signals also user muuuch stronger transmitters than 5G and will penetrate walls even better than 5G.
But only 5G is giving people coronavirus.
Old 23rd May 2020, 04:38   #11  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Why worry about the super low energy 24-39 GHz when you are exposed to crazy 300-670 THz all the time?

Why are people simply assuming 5G is more dangerous with no evidence or mechanism for how it would be dangerous at all? What happened to trying to understand reality by testing predictions? We have figured out how so much of the world works but people still make up random theories and hold to them against all evidence.

RF is not mysterious or magical, we understand it very well and can make very accurate predictions about how it will behave. This is like a negative version of believing crystals have some special healing properties based on their colors.

If some random people online started talking about how water heaters are dangerous would you worry about them too? Why not? What about 5G makes you think these fears are any more likely to be true? "I don't understand it so it must be scary" is terrible way to approach really. This was probably started by trolls who do not care what is true or people who are making up a problem in order to be able to sell you something. Why do you believe them?

If you don't want to trust the body of human knowledge because "they" are capitalist bastards who would knowingly setup dangerous towers everywhere for money (and are apparently paying absolutely everyone to lie about it) why would you trust the snake oil salesmen who also have their own agendas? If humans have so little morals that you could get the entire scientific community to lie about this with money I do not see how you can trust these "alternative facts" people.

Sorry for the rant, but this rising distrust of experts combined with absolute faith in internet randoms confuses the hell out of me.
Old 26th May 2020, 04:19   #12  |  Link
4Dude
An Awesome Dude

No no your rant is good........ Some g00d replies on this thread!

Thank you amichaelt,your reply was interesting!
Old 26th May 2020, 08:27   #13  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by amichaelt View Post
But only 5G is giving people coronavirus.
Wow, that's almost as hilarious as the flat-earthers.
Old 27th May 2020, 21:08   #14  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Only thing that helps is Aluburka:
https://photos.smugmug.com/Events/al...ck1%2014-L.jpg

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 27th May 2020 at 21:14.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2020, 03:49   #15  |  Link
amichaelt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
Wow, that's almost as hilarious as the flat-earthers.
Also funny:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...-electric-fog/
Old 29th May 2020, 13:33   #16  |  Link
kerry7

omg... for me the funniest (?) about it, are people out there believing it works xD

Last edited by kerry7; 2nd August 2020 at 17:37.
kerry7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2020, 14:00   #17  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry7 View Post
omg... for me the funniest (?) about it, are people out there believing it works xD
Two years ago one of our journalist interview a flat-earth guy who published a new book. You could tell from her facial expression that she was trying her best not to laugh in front of him xD
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2020, 14:11   #18  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

128MB USB for £300.00 wow, same cost me £17.00 back in 2005 [PC World, FreeCom probably USB 1.1], a good deal back then, certainly had exact same effect on 5G.
Should be given away free in packet of cornflakes.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2020, 21:00   #19  |  Link
kerry7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranceBB View Post
Two years ago one of our journalist interview a flat-earth guy who published a new book. You could tell from her facial expression that she was trying her best not to laugh in front of him xD
haha really?! please share the video with us!

Last edited by kerry7; 2nd August 2020 at 17:37.
kerry7 is offline   Reply With Quote