Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th January 2021, 19:25   #1  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Voy Tunable Eye Glasses [adjustable focus]

These look interesting, for those of us with lousy eyesight.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/137062...sses-ces-2021/
HomeSite [has some FAQ's on it]:- https://voyglasses.com/

Cheap too, $79 (59), Overpriced opticians will hate these
One pair to rule them all.

Quote:
THE days of swapping between multiple pairs of glasses could soon be over.

A company has unveiled "adjustable" specs that the wearer can tune on the fly based on what they're using them for.

With the twist of a dial, users can adjust the focus to swap between reading, driving, screen use and more, The Times reports.

US firm Voy reckons the tech, which it calls "nano-precision glasses", will spell the end of requiring several pairs of specs for different activities.

Costing $79 (59) a pop, the Voy Tunable Glasses can adjust the focus level anywhere between -5D to +2D.

"Turn the wheel away from the nose to for a more negative power, or turn the wheel towards the nose for a more positive power until you can see clearly," Voy writes on its website.
Quote:
Voy glasses started life on crowd-funding site Kickstarter in early 2020 and began shipping late last year.
Quote:
The company is now developing a $200 (148) pair of tuneable sunglasses that work in a similar way.
Quote:
The specs are on display at the CES 2021 tech showcase in Las Vegas, which kicks off Monday, January 11. [EDIT: Today]

I'm not gonna get a pair just yet, I'll wait till they appear on Amazon. [I limit the number of on-line outlets I use/trust]
EDIT: They are not on amazon.co.uk at the moment, but they are available for purchase on their Canadian homesite.
EDIT: The Sun says is US company, I was going by FireFox Addon FlagFox showing Canadian flag for homesite URL.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 11th January 2021 at 22:56.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote