Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 9th May 2020, 17:34   #1  |  Link
Moviewatcher666

In need of an education

Greetings,

Been a while since I have needed to use BD Rebuilder. I am happy to see it is still being worked on. Much credit to you, JDobbs.

My purpose is experimenting with 4K movies. Specifically, I am curious with the process of shrinking a 4K movie down to fit onto a BD50 disk. Tried burning directly to BDXL 100 gb but the video pauses on the layer break. I was only burning to the 1st two layers as I understand most 4K players can't read 3 layers of a BDXL. My player is an LG UBK90.

Anyway, I thought that shrinking to BD50 would be a viable solution.

So the first disk I tried is my 4K copy of Rogue One - A Star Wars Story. Movie ripped fine with AnyDVD to an ISO file.

When I look at the movie structure in MakeMKV I see about 4 or 5 playlists 55 gb in size. I ascertain from this information that the movie is broken up into multiple languages as multiple angles.

When I look at the structure in BD Rebuilder, I can see which individual clips have the various language differences. Example - one of the segments has the title sequence with the title text in Korean. So, obviously, when you select to play the movie in Korean, the player puts that playlist together to get all title sequences in Korean.

A complete movie for me would be just to have the English segments. I have BD Rebuilder in edit mode. When I preview and identify one of the segments as another language and set the segment to blank out, all the segments then get blanked out. It appears the structures playlists are all connected together and cannot be separated in BD Rebuilder.

It would be nice to be able to blank the foreign language video segments to leave more room for the full English movie but I can't seem to find the way in BD Rebuilder. I have searched the forums for an answer but have not found anything.

Any experts out there have any tips and tricks to blank out the foreign language segments?

Any help is, as always, greatly appreciated.

Best regards and stay safe.

Moviewatcher666
Moviewatcher666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2020, 18:27   #2  |  Link
SquallMX
Special SeeD

You need to use MOVIE ONLY BACKUP mode instead.
SquallMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2020, 19:45   #3  |  Link
Moviewatcher666

@SquallMX

Thanks for the reply.

I'm kind of fussy doing as full disk. But I can see that as an option.

Moviewatcher666
Moviewatcher666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2020, 04:21   #4  |  Link
SquallMX
Special SeeD

Another option to keep menus:

1.- Remove 00801, 00802, 00803 mpls files, replace them with copies of 00800.mpls (english version).
2.- Delete the m2ts files with foreign text.
3.- Delete the clpi files associated with the deleted m2ts files.
4.- Use Full Backup mode.
SquallMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2020, 12:23   #5  |  Link
HowardWow1997

I'm not sure if deleting the data will reduce the file size that much. But it's worth a try. According to the source
Ans .: Although Blu-ray Discs and DVDs do not support 4K video recording 10, you can burn 4K video to Blu-ray disc by down-converting it to AVCHD 11. Since the original video is recorded in 4K format, you can enjoy extremely detailed images in Full HD format. ...You can understand that in 2020 this can really be done, and besides, with the new generation of blues it is not so difficult. I just don't think that with the development of the modern cloud system, this is not so relevant. For example, I store my articles and works on the site with popular essay topics. And besides, they have access to everyone who is interested. Moreover, you can use VMD disks, which are much more relevant

Last edited by HowardWow1997; 24th September 2020 at 12:27.
HowardWow1997 is offline   Reply With Quote