Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 4th January 2019, 21:22   #241  |  Link
filler56789
SuperVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosu View Post
## New features and enhancements

* mkvextract: WAV extractor: mkvextract will now write W64 files instead of WAV files if the file name extension is `.w64` or if the final file size is bigger than 4 GB, the file size limit for WAV files. Implements #2458.

## Bug fixes

* mkvmerge: all files opened for writing will now be flushed once before they're closed. This ensures the operating system actually writes all cached data to disk preventing data loss in certain situations such as power outages or buggy drivers in combination with suspending the computer. Fixes #2469.
&&
filler56789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2019, 00:32   #242  |  Link
mood

@Mosu

version 30 has a serious bug

Quote:
Version 30 has a major bug that will delete your files! Unbelievable! If you use the chapter editor function and add New Edition Before or New Edition After and then add a subchapter, click save and watch your file size shrink to around 1-7 kb! Excellent(!)
I see this comment on videohelp site, I tested and it's true, reduced a file from 700 MB to 561 bytes

Last edited by mood; 5th January 2019 at 00:36.
mood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2019, 00:36   #243  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll look into it tomorrow.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Mosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2019, 02:09   #244  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

I have used a 7,5mb file only and there is no issue. (Win7-64 MTX-64bit)
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2019, 03:40   #245  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Nice gif :-)

I believe you, but maybe it helps Mosu to identify to issue faster when he knows with small files seems to work.
I had added editions before and after and insert a chapter to this edition. Then I used the save item from the main menu and also try the "save in...." item but the files size don't changed.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2019, 15:01   #246  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

I can reproduce the problem if the file was created by Handbrake. I cannot reproduce such a problem with files created by MakeMKV, ffmpeg or mkvmerge. I haven't investigated yet what the difference is with Handbrake's files. If you want to be kept up to date, follow the issue I've opened.

As a workaround you can remux with mkvmerge before editing chapters.

Old 5th January 2019, 15:56   #247  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

I've just committed a fix for the regression (v29 was ok; the problem was introduced during the implementation of appending chapters to open tabs for v30). I'll likely release v30.1.0 later today or tomorrow.

Old 5th January 2019, 17:30   #248  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Like I've stated above, the problem's already been fixed. The determining factor wasn't Handbrake vs. mkvmerge, but whether the source file contained chapters or not.

Old 5th January 2019, 17:39   #249  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

MKVToolNix v30.1.0 released

Hey,

due to an unfortunate bug in v30.0.0 that caused the GUI's chapter editor to truncate Matroska/WebM files to a few KB, I have to release v30.1.0 today. This release also implements a workaround for dragging & dropping not working on macOS with Qt 5.12 (due to a bug in Qt).

Nothing has changed for package managers since v29.0.0.

Here are the usual links: the MKVToolNix home page, the Windows installer/portable version & macOS DMG & Linux AppImage and the source code.

The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are available already. The other Linux binaries are still being built and will be available over the course of the next couple of hours.

Here are the NEWS since the previous release:

Quote:
# Version 30.1.0 "Forever And More" 2019-01-05

## Bug fixes

* build system: fixed building on non-UTF-8 locales. Fixes #2474.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: implemented a workaround for drag & drop not working on macOS with Qt 5.12 due to a bug in Qt 5.12. Fixes #2472.
* MKVToolNix GUI: chapter editor: when opening a Matroska/WebM file that doesn't contain chapters and later saving chapters back to them, the editor was truncating the file down to a couple of KB in size. This was a regression introduced with the implementation of #2439 in v30.0.0 Fixes #2476.
Have fun

Old 5th January 2019, 17:40   #250  |  Link
mood

Quote:
Like I've stated above, the problem's already been fixed. The determining factor wasn't Handbrake vs. mkvmerge, but whether the source file contained chapters or not.
oki...

I tested with 30 rev 006 and work now without the bug

Edit....

You were faster to post than I was
Old 5th January 2019, 20:39   #251  |  Link
Overdrive80
Anime addict

Hi Mosu, I uploaded video (at your FTP server) with issue in GUI when spanish language is set. With this problem is imposible to use the options of program. Regards.
Old 5th January 2019, 20:56   #252  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Well, your translations of some of the strings are too long. Try to make them shorter. Qt cannot wrap labels for checkboxes etc; therefore the minimum width of the right panel is however long the longest text shown in a single line.

Old 5th January 2019, 21:09   #253  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

BTW, your screen resolution is extremely low. As I've stated in other places, I don't support extremely low resolutions simply because I don't have the time to support every possible hardware out there. With Spanish as the language and the default font size of 9 points, the preferences dialog fits nicely into 975x535 pixels (including the title bar), which I consider to be good enough.

As with anything Open Source, if someone who cares about really low resolution wants to take this type of problem on and improve it: sure, knock yourself out! I'd welcome patches.

Old 5th January 2019, 21:16   #254  |  Link
Overdrive80
Anime addict

Quote:
BTW, your screen resolution is extremely low. As I've stated in other places, I don't support extremely low resolutions simply because I don't have the time to support every possible hardware out there. With Spanish as the language and the default font size of 9 points, the preferences dialog fits nicely into 975x535 pixels (including the title bar), which I consider to be good enough.

As with anything Open Source, if someone who cares about really low resolution wants to take this type of problem on and improve it: sure, knock yourself out! I'd welcome patches.
My resolution screen is 1920x1080, and video is cropped to dont show my desktop.

EDIT: If I can not see it, is really difficult to shorten the captions because horizontal scroll bar dont work properly.

I uploaded other video in HD.

EDIT2: If the size of the preferences window is enlarged, could not it be compensated?

Last edited by Overdrive80; 5th January 2019 at 21:28.
Overdrive80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2019, 21:36   #255  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Uhm, if your desktop is larger than the window you've shown in the video, then just make the whole preferences window bigger.

Old 5th January 2019, 21:41   #256  |  Link
Overdrive80
Anime addict

Quote:
Uhm, if your desktop is larger than the window you've shown in the video, then just make the whole preferences window bigger.
Ups, I dont notice that I could resize preferences window.

Solved, although the resizing of that window could be automated according to the length of the content?

Thanks.

EDIT: The translations are what they are, it is not my fault that my language uses more characters to express something that is shorter in English.

Last edited by Overdrive80; 5th January 2019 at 21:48.
Overdrive80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2019, 00:52   #257  |  Link
mood

@Mosu

Review on videohelp site

Quote:
MKVToolNix 30.1.0 is still truncating some of the files i try to remux.
A 88 MB file became a 6MB file, after remuxing.

Use version 30.1.0 with caution!
Old 10th January 2019, 06:22   #258  |  Link
73ChargerFan

Resizing the GUI window seems weird. Minimum window size is 1152 x 715 - shorter than that and I lose the buttons and file entry box at the bottom.

Is there a minimum height for the mutliplexer/input/properties element? It won't shrink to less than 50% the height of the desktop.

Using 30.1.0 on Windows 10/1803 64bit, 1080p desktop, and dpi is set to 100%.
73ChargerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2019, 12:38   #259  |  Link
mkver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mood View Post
@Mosu

Review on videohelp site
Is there a way to contact TuNK and ask him about more details? Was he really remuxing or did he just use the chapter/header editor? Can he provide sample files together with a description of what he did?

And would it be possible for the description on videohelp to also include that bug reports should be posted on the project's issue tracker where they are actually taken care of?
mkver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2019, 12:48   #260  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Unfortunately, he has disabled PMs on Videohelp.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
matroska