Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 21st September 2012, 05:18   #15821  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanerulz69 View Post
i usually only do full backup 25gb disc well i decided to do one to a dvd5 disc with menu special features intact etc, but the output files are the same bdmv etc, there wasn't any vob files etc, is there no way to put a full back up with menu etc to dvd5 dvdr disc like normal movie? or i have to use a blu-ray disc?
Normal movie? LOL! Blu-ray is quickly becoming the standard/normal.

I know what you mean though. You want a dvd compliant backup, to play in a 'DVD' player. Bd Rebuilder currently only converts the main movie to Dvd output. THere is no known way to convert the menu over to dvd output.
Old 21st September 2012, 05:22   #15822  |  Link
kanerulz69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
Normal movie? LOL! Blu-ray is quickly becoming the standard/normal.

I know what you mean though. You want a dvd compliant backup, to play in a 'DVD' player. Bd Rebuilder currently only converts the main movie to Dvd output. THere is no known way to convert the menu over to dvd output.
LOL yes i know, but its for someone who only has a dvd player and not a blu-ray, but what i dont get is a have 2 sony blu-ray players and i used imgburn and build and it converted to iso and burned and i played it in the players and the special features have sound but the main movie doesnt? but when i put the disc in my pc it plays the sound, dont get it
kanerulz69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2012, 05:32   #15823  |  Link
omegaman7

Some players are finicky with BD-9/BD-5 discs(especially with Java?). My samsung was a pretty decent player for those, but it sucks with BD-R playback. Suffice to say, the LG BD640 replaced it
Old 21st September 2012, 05:53   #15824  |  Link
kanerulz69
Banned

Quote:
Some players are finicky with BD-9/BD-5 discs(especially with Java?). My samsung was a pretty decent player for those, but it sucks with BD-R playback. Suffice to say, the LG BD640 replaced it
I have alot of movies that i have been converting with dvdfab, and then use bd rebuilder, but alot of the movies i have have a black sceen, it never does to the menu so i was going to try to use it to dvd5 to see if maybe it'll work but it still does the same I have an i7-3960x Extreme 3.3ghz 6-core w/ 64gb memory on an asus iv extreme motherboard and it takes about an 1hr 15minutes to shrink to a bd 25gb, is that about right or should i be able to do it faster? i haven't messed with the over clock settings
Old 21st September 2012, 06:01   #15825  |  Link
omegaman7

Encode times on blu-ray movies are highly variable. If a disc has 6hrs worth of video, it's gonna take some time. Typically, I see it range from 3 - 4hrs though. But yes, you have a very fast processor. Blu-ray encodes take time. We must be patient, until 16 - 24 core processors become available :S
Old 21st September 2012, 06:07   #15826  |  Link
kanerulz69
Banned

Quote:
Encode times on blu-ray movies are highly variable. If a disc has 6hrs worth of video, it's gonna take some time. Typically, I see it range from 3 - 4hrs though. But yes, you have a very fast processor. Blu-ray encodes take time. We must be patient, until 16 - 24 core processors become available :S
well i'll surely have to upgrade when that arises, lol because its not that long of a wait, like my old pc i had to start it and go to sleep, when i got this new pc a couple weeks ago and built it, it was like jet speed compared to the dual core pc i had, guess patience is a virtue as they say
Old 21st September 2012, 07:15   #15827  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanerulz69 View Post
Patience is a virtue as they say
Have you ever questioned what that means? People have called me highly patient many times. I'm not "In a hurry to go nowhere fast."

It has nothing to do with moral or ethical values..as claimed by "virtue"..remove all that....and you're left with choice in every moment. Patience is the realization of the Now and creating the future in that Now which is constant.

Toy Story..I ripped it over my Network. I feel that had something to do with it..My Son and friends using that computer (I've done that before..so??)...or something else... I'm going to rip it again to my machine (local). I'll report again soon.
Old 22nd September 2012, 10:03   #15828  |  Link
JoeH

Some subtitles invisible in DVD conversion

Upon converting the original Blu-ray of "For Greater Glory" to DVD-5, some of the Spanish subtitles were invisible... maybe most of them. Others appear (maybe the shorter ones?). http://www.walmart.com/ip/21553994?findingMethod=rr

Unfortunately I deleted the conversion log, but it didn't report any errors. I can redo it if you need it. Here is a link to the subtitle file on SkyDrive. Let me know when you have it so I can delete it: http://sdrv.ms/SbcxJk

Edit: The conversion was done using v 0.41.01

Last edited by JoeH; 22nd September 2012 at 10:23.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2012, 14:34   #15829  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquallMX View Post
LAVF detects all sources as 25 fps, so, if the Blu-ray contains a lot of 30 fps material the output will be over-sized.
Hmmm... didn't know that. I'll go back and look at the code and see what I can do about that.
Old 22nd September 2012, 14:35   #15830  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by De_Hollander View Post
but how can i re-encode with 64 bit, the ffdshow in the link isn't 64 bit.
The only way you can reencode at 64 bit is with LAVF. But you're not going to get any impressive increase in speed, so there really isn't a point to doing it.
Old 22nd September 2012, 14:37   #15831  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzu View Post
An update about one of my issues.

I finally found the culprit and it could maybe help someone else in the future...

It had nothing to do with CPU, BD-RB config, FFDShow config or AFTEN config.

The error occurs ONLY if the destination folder has the "§" character in its name.
Exit the "§" in the destination folder's name and voilą, everything works fine.

I guess the presence of the character interferes with some part of the code used for audio re-encoding.

Issue was:
Why in the world would you add that character to a pathname anyway? I'd say the chances are good that there are other special characters that might cause issues as well.
Old 22nd September 2012, 14:39   #15832  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by De_Hollander View Post
oke i use the recommed versions
But 64 bit ('Use X264's internal LAVF for decoding') belongs to work faster ? On a windows 7 64 bit.

I have a quad 9400 overclocked to 3.4 ghz have 4 gig memory

I have seen a bug, in the setup i have checked dutch subs on subtitellanguages to keep.
save changes. When i load a blu-ray, all the subtitels are not enabled. Why?
I must dubbelclick on the dutch subs in the window to enable. then i see a icon before the sub dutch.
Click it where? You have to make the setting in the SETUP dialog.

[Edit] Never mind, I see you've found the answer (been gone for a week, and I'm catching up on posts)
Old 23rd September 2012, 22:10   #15833  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Toy Story...Update: I decided to check with my Toy Story 2 disk also. I haven't watched them before with my current LG player, rather via PowerDVD 12. Everything looks good that way.

Does anyone else notice any menu jerking or audio "gaps" in the main menu before the choices menu displays with Toy Story and Toy Story 2 with your original Blu-ray and stand alone player?

I've also notice after using BD-RB 42.03 with Toy Story, between 17:30 to 17:55 into the movie a jerking and audio gap happens. This doesn't happen with the original Blu-ray.
With Toy Story 2 it happens between 4:25 and 4:40 also. There may be more instances...I haven't watched/listened much past that. The menu, I don't consider to be important, yet it could be effected for the same condition?

Anyone else noticing these things with their disks...or...discs?

I'm going to check with BD-9 next.
Old 24th September 2012, 00:17   #15834  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
Toy Story...Update: I decided to check with my Toy Story 2 disk also. I haven't watched them before with my current LG player, rather via PowerDVD 12. Everything looks good that way.

Does anyone else notice any menu jerking or audio "gaps" in the main menu before the choices menu displays with Toy Story and Toy Story 2 with your original Blu-ray and stand alone player?

I've also notice after using BD-RB 42.03 with Toy Story, between 17:30 to 17:55 into the movie a jerking and audio gap happens. This doesn't happen with the original Blu-ray.
With Toy Story 2 it happens between 4:25 and 4:40 also. There may be more instances...I haven't watched/listened much past that. The menu, I don't consider to be important, yet it could be effected for the same condition?

Anyone else noticing these things with their disks...or...discs?

I'm going to check with BD-9 next.
I've never had any issues with Toy Story. "Toy Story 3" however is a different matter and was a catalyst for several changes to BD-RB's handling of multipart sources.
Old 24th September 2012, 00:54   #15835  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquallMX
LAVF detects all sources as 25 fps, so, if the Blu-ray contains a lot of 30 fps material the output will be over-sized.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Hmmm... didn't know that. I'll go back and look at the code and see what I can do about that.
I can confirm this I was doing lord of the rings and it is changing framerate for all video files from 23.976 or 29.97 to 25 fps.

However at muxing stage BD-RB or other program changes back to 23.976. However I think encoded video is still done at 25 fps.

Simply put if you only look in video file which is created by x264 it will tell you frame rate is 25 fps.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Original.txt (10.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: txt X264 Encoded.txt (2.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: txt X264 Encoded and after multiplexed.txt (8.9 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by HWK; 24th September 2012 at 01:09.
HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 01:03   #15836  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
I can confirm this I was doing lord of the rings and it is changing framerate for all video files from 23.976 or 29.97 to 25 fps.

However at muxing stage BD-RB or other program changes back to 23.976. However I think encoded video is still done at 25 fps.

Simply put if you only look in video file which is created by x264 it will tell you frame rate is 25 fps.
The important distinction is that the buffering, etc. isn't correct. In the next release I will force the fps setting when LAVF is selected. But we have to remember -- this isn't a bug in BD-RB, it is a bug in LAVF. I'm just implementing a workaround.

Frankly I don't know why I'm supporting LAVF anyway -- or why anyone chooses to use it. I added it in the hope that it would mature to a point at which I could remove the requirement for AVISYNTH, HAALI, and FFDSHOW. But it never has. Even worse, since it doesn't support interlaced VC-1 I had to add code to automatically switch back to DirectShow mode anyway whenever it is detected. Now I have to implement another workaround.

Last edited by jdobbs; 24th September 2012 at 01:11.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 01:11   #15837  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Thanks Jdobbs for looking in to it. I have attached media info file which shows what happens in different phases to video file.
Old 24th September 2012, 01:22   #15838  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
The important distinction is that the buffering, etc. isn't correct. In the next release I will force the fps setting when LAVF is selected. But we have to remember -- this isn't a bug in BD-RB, it is a bug in LAVF. I'm just implementing a workaround.

Frankly I don't know why I'm supporting LAVF anyway -- or why anyone chooses to use it. I added it in the hope that it would mature to a point at which I could remove the requirement for AVISYNTH, HAALI, and FFDSHOW. But it never has. Even worse, since it doesn't support interlaced VC-1 I had to add code to automatically switch back to DirectShow mode anyway whenever it is detected. Now I have to implement another workaround.
How about adding something similar to --fps 24000/1001 and it will force 24 fps on target. Just my two cents
Old 24th September 2012, 02:30   #15839  |  Link
omegaman7

Quite impressed with my 1090t. Ran a job on my 965 before install of the 1090t. (High Quality mode)

6hr23min(1090t)
7hr16min(965)
Shaved nearly an hour off. And the processor was NOT busting it's but on pass 1(50% average), or on the 720 x 480 special feature material. So if I were to put MULTIPROCESS=2 in the INI file, I'd likely see an improvement across the board. I just may to see the difference. I may also experiment more with DGDecNV.
Old 24th September 2012, 03:57   #15840  |  Link
SquallMX
Special SeeD

Quote:
Interlaced VC-1 is rare nowadays and LAVF is very useful if for some reason you can“t use the recommended FFDShow build, please continue supporting LAVF .
SquallMX is offline   Reply With Quote