Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 8th October 2014, 06:04   #101  |  Link
netmask

I have an odd problem, no matter how big or small I resize the gMKVExtract window the description next to the action buttons overlap almost making them unreadable.
Attached Images

BeyonWiz PVR T3 & V2 (Enigma2 clone)
Chromecast
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 7 Ultimate
QNAP NAS TS851
netmask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2014, 08:51   #102  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Could you please post the version you are using, as well as the OS version?

Also, please upload the screenshot to an image hosting site and paste the link here, thank you!
gpower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2014, 10:26   #103  |  Link
bin_ch

Hi gp2, regarding to the GUI issue, I guess r56 on SF is supposed to fix the issue, but if my build attempt succeeds, the problem is still there.
And I'm sorry that I should have mentioned that I am on Windows 7 with classic theme. In my tests, there's no such problem in the typical Win 7 aero theme (before or after r56). Win XP (classic theme and default Lunar theme) is also affected.
Hope the info helps.
bin_ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2014, 11:12   #104  |  Link
netmask

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpower2 View Post
Could you please post the version you are using, as well as the OS version?

Also, please upload the screenshot to an image hosting site and paste the link here, thank you!

The image is here

The version of gMKV is the latest and my operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
I've had this problem for quite sometime with all the updates of gMKV and all the Windows updates
Thanks
Chromecast
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 7 Ultimate
QNAP NAS TS851

Last edited by netmask; 8th October 2014 at 11:45.
Old 8th October 2014, 20:19   #105  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bin_ch View Post
Hi gp2, regarding to the GUI issue, I guess r56 on SF is supposed to fix the issue, but if my build attempt succeeds, the problem is still there.
And I'm sorry that I should have mentioned that I am on Windows 7 with classic theme. In my tests, there's no such problem in the typical Win 7 aero theme (before or after r56). Win XP (classic theme and default Lunar theme) is also affected.
Hope the info helps.
Since you can compile from the source, perhaps you could do me a favor and check r60? There should be no issues anymore...

@netmask
The larger font scheme you are using is messing with the control sizes and location. I switched to DPI AutoScaleMode, but I don't know if it will fix your problem, since it seems it's a known .NET issue (http://stackoverflow.com/a/3043006)
I'll try to reposition the controls in order to prevent this from happening, in case the DPI AutoScale mode doesn't work.
Old 8th October 2014, 21:32   #106  |  Link
netmask

Quote:
The larger font scheme you are using is messing with the control sizes and location.
One of the "joys" of being 77 I am assured by my doctor I will be able to throw away my glasses next year when my cataracts come off....
Chromecast
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 7 Ultimate
QNAP NAS TS851

Last edited by netmask; 8th October 2014 at 23:25.
Old 9th October 2014, 05:03   #107  |  Link
bin_ch

r60 is still no good.

Here's a screenshot, after opening and resizing the log window:

update:
The problem is partially fixed. With 1.5.5, the track list part is also affected.

r56 and r60 are similar, only the file info part is affected.

Last edited by bin_ch; 9th October 2014 at 05:11.
Old 9th October 2014, 06:45   #108  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Oh, I see. I didn't understand that you were also experiencing issues with the info text. I did make some changes with it, but it performed really smooth in Window 8.1.
I guess I'll change back that control too and try to find a more robust solution for the flickering. Thanks a lot for testing and feedback!
Old 12th October 2014, 18:23   #109  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

New version is out (v1.6) and I'm so excited about it!
It introduces a new job mode and a new Job Manager form, basically this is how I imagined a batch mode should work.

I'm really looking forward to hearing (actually reading) your feedback and your suggestions about it!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gmkv....0.7z/download
Old 12th October 2014, 22:19   #110  |  Link
netmask

Looking good, no overlap of description now. Will do some extraction tests later today.... many thanks
Chromecast
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 7 Ultimate
QNAP NAS TS851
Old 14th October 2014, 06:54   #111  |  Link
bin_ch

Thanks for the effort. The GUI issue is fixed.
The new job manage system is a great addition to the program.
Old 17th October 2014, 00:33   #112  |  Link
bin_ch

Regarding to the batch mode, do you have plans to implement a feature that can open multiple files at once? (Or batch add jobs to the queue)
That would be useful when people want to extract something from a series of files with similar track combination.
Old 17th October 2014, 06:46   #113  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bin_ch View Post
Regarding to the batch mode, do you have plans to implement a feature that can open multiple files at once? (Or batch add jobs to the queue)
That would be useful when people want to extract something from a series of files with similar track combination.
The thing about opening multiple files at once is how to group the similar tracks. There are many criteria for track similarity apart from the obvious (type), like track language, track comments, track ID, etc.
So in order to keep the GUI simple, I bypassed the idea. However, I haven't fully abandoned it, I just can't seem to find a nice formula for it.
Any ideas on the subject would be extremely useful!
Old 11th November 2014, 04:03   #114  |  Link
kongfl888

Hi gpower2,

I found two bug (maybe)

1st.
First open the log, then open a *.mkv file, and finally open log again. You will see nothing in the log form(unless you click the 'Refresh' button).

2nd.
When you load a job from files , you can not add jobs to the manager anymore.

Talk about my idea.(I don't have an account of sourceforge.net. ISP limited. So maybe it looks messy...)

For the first one , I think it does better after adding an activated event.
Code:
private void frmLog_Activated(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            try
            {
                txtLog.Text = MKVLogger.LogText;
                txtLog.Focus();
                txtLog.Select(txtLog.Text.Length  ,0);
                txtLog.ScrollToCaret();
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                Debug.WriteLine(ex);
            }
        }
And the second,
Code:
//frmJobManager.cs line 381
//grdJobs.DataSource = new BindingList<gMKVJobInfo>(jobList); 
grdJobs.DataSource = _JobList = new BindingList<MKVJobInfo>(jobList);
grdJobs.Refresh();
Or you have other ideas...

Anyway, this gMKVExtractGUI is very helpful and I very like it. very much!

Best Regards.

Last edited by kongfl888; 12th November 2014 at 02:05.
kongfl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2014, 07:22   #115  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Thanks for your feedback kongfl888!
I will see to them as soon as I can!
Old 17th November 2014, 00:35   #116  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
The thing about opening multiple files at once is how to group the similar tracks. There are many criteria for track similarity apart from the obvious (type), like track language, track comments, track ID, etc.
So in order to keep the GUI simple, I bypassed the idea. However, I haven't fully abandoned it, I just can't seem to find a nice formula for it.
Any ideas on the subject would be extremely useful!
Why do tracks need to be grouped?
Files and their tracks could be listed individually and the desired track to be extracted from each selected, then batch extracted without needing to add individual jobs to a queue first.

MKVCleaver also has another method for batch extracting tracks where you can simply select "audio track 1" etc in the right pane. One area where that could probably be improved is after selecting a track in batch mode every file could have it's "audio track 1" selected, but the user could check the individual files and deselect a track and/or select a different one if desired.

I'll confess I find not being able to open multiple files simultaneously a bit inconvenient at times. Quite often I'll highlight a bunch of them in Windows Explorer, right click and SendTo MKVCleaver. Being able to do the same with gMKVExtractGUI would be nice. Currently it's one file at a time from the SendTo menu.

Anyway, thanks for the new version!
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2014, 18:54   #117  |  Link
AMZMA
Auto Bennad

is there any way to check all/uncheck all track, etc?
AMZMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 07:40   #118  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Why do tracks need to be grouped?
Files and their tracks could be listed individually and the desired track to be extracted from each selected, then batch extracted without needing to add individual jobs to a queue first.
This is what gMKVExtractGUI currently does with the job manager. You open a video file, select the specific tracks for extraction and add the job. I can't imagine of an intuitive interface that opens and analyses all the files at once. As I said before, I am open to all suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
MKVCleaver also has another method for batch extracting tracks where you can simply select "audio track 1" etc in the right pane. One area where that could probably be improved is after selecting a track in batch mode every file could have it's "audio track 1" selected, but the user could check the individual files and deselect a track and/or select a different one if desired
MKVCleaver tries to match the tracks of all the video files selected and does that grouping I was talking about. There are usually two different ways to implement batch processing, one being batch processing individual jobs, and the other to do exactly the same procedure many times. It is obvious that I implemented the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMZMA View Post
is there any way to check all/uncheck all track, etc?
Yes, you can right click on the track list and you will see a context menu with many selection options.
Old 18th November 2014, 10:23   #119  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
This is what gMKVExtractGUI currently does with the job manager. You open a video file, select the specific tracks for extraction and add the job. I can't imagine of an intuitive interface that opens and analyses all the files at once. As I said before, I am open to all suggestions.
I don't understand why you couldn't list all the open files in a single pane and each file in the list would have a sub-list of it's tracks, much the same way MKVCleaver does it.

Quote:
MKVCleaver tries to match the tracks of all the video files selected and does that grouping I was talking about. There are usually two different ways to implement batch processing, one being batch processing individual jobs, and the other to do exactly the same procedure many times. It is obvious that I implemented the first one.
I'll confess I don't understand that. I'd interpret "batch processing individual jobs" as adding jobs to a queue individually, then running the job queue, much as gMKVExtractGUI does now. I'd have thought "doing exactly the same procedure many times" would be the definition of not batch processing.

Anyway.... my idea would be to have a pane which lists multiple files, and under each file would be a list of it's tracks. There'd be a way to select "video" or "audio 1" or "subtitle track 1" etc which would automatically check the appropriate track for each file. If you select "audio 1" for example, the first audio track for each file is checked, but before starting the batch extraction job there'd be the opportunity to change the selection manually. For file number three I might want to de-select audio 1 and select audio 2 instead. That sort of thing.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2014, 16:41   #120  |  Link
AMZMA
Auto Bennad

Quote:
Yes, you can right click on the track list and you will see a context menu with many selection options.
hohohohoho
never realize that before
AMZMA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extractor, gmkvextractgui, matroska, mkv, mkv extract, mkvextract, mkvextractgui