Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 20th September 2018, 19:30   #961  |  Link
huhn

is there anything that matter in term of colors for SRT subs?
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 19:34   #962  |  Link
Siso
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
is there anything that matter in term of colors for SRT subs?
I don't know, I guess nothing.

Last edited by Siso; 20th September 2018 at 19:37.
Siso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 22:23   #963  |  Link
huhn

it should be nothing so just keep the default settings and you should be fine.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2018, 08:37   #964  |  Link
Siso
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
it should be nothing so just keep the default settings and you should be fine.
Will do.
Siso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2018, 04:09   #965  |  Link
crmb

Hello.

I am using this filter/renderer with MPC-HC/madVR because it give me the the ability to move BD subtitles into the movie area (Zoom control > cropping black bars in madVR) without squeezing the subtitles. (They are verticaly squeezed with MPC built-in filter.)

Is it actualy possible to do the same with MPC-HC built-in filter (without squeeze) ? Am i missing some option ?

If this filter is better than the one in MPC-HC, was it supposed to replace it at some point ?
crmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2018, 17:08   #966  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

XySubFilter 3.1.0.751 has been released

XySubFilter .zip Archive (32-bit) | XySubFilter .zip Archive (64-bit)

Debug Symbols for XySubFilter 3.1.0.751

Features & Changes
  • Add setting to allow repositioning of SSA/ASS dialog
  • Add BT.2020 Support

Bug Fix
  • Fix external SRT subtitles with italic tag not being flagged as repositionable
  • Fix potential crash on startup during external subtitle parsing

Note: XySubFilter is no longer being actively developed. The original developer stopped working on the project back in 2014, and ever since then it's been in limbo. The changes in this release were made possible by madshi the developer for madVR.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2018, 23:12   #967  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Thank you cyberbeing for working with me to get this release out - appreciated!
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2018, 09:45   #968  |  Link
sat4all

Thank you both, it's working fine here with kodi dsplayer.
Old 28th September 2018, 10:44   #969  |  Link
Manni

Thank you both, seems to be working fine with MPC-BE
Denon X8500HA>HD Fury VRRoom>TCL 55C805K
Manni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2018, 10:59   #970  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
Features & Changes
  • Add BT.2020 Support
What does this entail?

I remember the discussion on the libass tracker and it seemed like devs were at a loss on how to handle the issue of HDR.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2018, 11:57   #971  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
What does this entail?

I remember the discussion on the libass tracker and it seemed like devs were at a loss on how to handle the issue of HDR.
To be safe, I'd recommend thinking of the current support as BT.2020 SDR only. This release basically only adds support for the 'TV.2020' & 'PC.2020' 'YCbCr Matrix' tags. This was just something which was long overdue to be added to XySubFilter. Originally it was defined in v1.0.5 of SubRenderIntf.h released back in 2013(!), but nobody ever got around to adding support to XySubFilter. With this release, BT.601, BT.709, and BT.2020 are now supported.

Similar to the situation back when BT.709 support was added to xy-VSFilter, if you're authoring an ass script using the BT.2020 matrix, please tag 'YCbCr Matrix' of 'TV.2020' or 'PC.2020' appropriately so it will be handled correctly in the future. If you notice any bugs with BT.2020 authored scripts, please report them.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 28th September 2018 at 12:03.
Old 28th September 2018, 21:28   #972  |  Link
Telion

Cyberbeing and madshi, thanks for your efforts in keeping this project undead!

I also want to ask whether it would be possible to slightly improve the repositioning of ASS dialogs feature so that it'd evaluate the movableness of each ASS line individually? Currently it stops to reposition dialogs after the first encounter of any complex ASS tag, I guess. But that's not very convenient and consistent - usually simple dialog lines continue to occur after or even along with some complex scripting, so they should be repositioned as well. If each line was evaluated individually, it'd be very easy to always move what should be moved and to not move what shouldn't, regardless of the script's complexity as a whole. And it'd be even better if simple ASS tags like bold, italics, etc. won't trigger the unmovableness of a line. Can you please consider implementing this when you have a bit of spare time and a tad of inspiration?

Last edited by Telion; 28th September 2018 at 21:30.
Telion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2018, 23:38   #973  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Currently madVR doesn't handle separate ASS parts separately. I might implement support for that at one point in the future, but it's not very high priority right now. XySubFilter probably already reports movability separately for each subtitle part, so it's probably something that needs to be changed in madVR. However, do simple tags like bold, italics etc make ASS subtitles non-movable atm? I don't think they should!
Old 29th September 2018, 04:01   #974  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

As madshi mentioned, currently madVR doesn't support moving multiple subtitle lines independently of each other. If one line gets flagged as unmovable on-screen, madVR won't move any lines until the unmovable line ends, and a new movable line starts. I noticed this behavior as well before releasing this update, but we figured it'd be better to release now for the SRT fix and have madshi fix the ASS quirk with mixed movable/unmovable lines at a later date.

XySubFilter is currently set rather conservatively, with both Soft & Hard Positioned tags flagged as unmovable to ensure typesetting doesn't break.

Movable tags:
Code:
1c
2c
3c
4c
1a
2a
3a
4a
alpha
an
a 
blur 
bord 
be
b 
c 
fade 
fe
fn
i 
q 
r 
shad 
s 
t 
u 
xbord
xshad
ybord
yshad
Unmovable Tags [Soft]:
Code:
fax
fay
frx
fry
frz
fr
fscx
fscy
fsc
fsp
fs
kt
kf
K
ko
k
Unmovable Tags [Hard]:
Code:
clip
iclip
move
org
pbo
pos
p

Last edited by cyberbeing; 29th September 2018 at 04:20.
Old 29th September 2018, 13:10   #975  |  Link
Telion

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
However, do simple tags like bold, italics etc make ASS subtitles non-movable atm? I don't think they should!
I checked it and no, in b751 they don't (unlike the b746) - thanks again, that's a very nice improvement.
Quote:
If one line gets flagged as unmovable on-screen, madVR won't move any lines until the unmovable line ends, and a new movable line starts.
That's not always the case. For example, when there appears a top dialog line positioned with {\an8} along with a regular bottom dialog, the latter moves back but indeed gets repositioned again when the former one ends. But when there are any signs positioned with {\pos}, the bottom dialog lines never get repositioned again even when all sign lines end and there is nothing on the screen except a regular dialog without any markup. I'm mostly concerned about this issue because currently I need to switch subtitle tracks back and forth after each sign as a workaround to restore the repositioning. Is this madVR's fault or XySubFilter's one related to the hard unmovable tags mentioned in your list (and what's the difference between soft and hard, btw)? Can something be done about this issue now, without the burden to implement an independent handling of ASS lines? I hope it should be quite simple to fix and it'd be a great improvement which would really make such support a low-priority cosmetic improvement.
Telion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2018, 15:39   #976  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

If the behaviour is different depending on ASS tag then I don't know how to fix it. Probably something in XySubFilter then.
Old 29th September 2018, 16:23   #977  |  Link
ikarad

Quote:
XySubFilter 3.1.0.751 has been released

XySubFilter .zip Archive (32-bit) | XySubFilter .zip Archive (64-bit)

Debug Symbols for XySubFilter 3.1.0.751

Features & Changes
  • Add setting to allow repositioning of SSA/ASS dialog
  • Add BT.2020 Support

Bug Fix
  • Fix external SRT subtitles with italic tag not being flagged as repositionable
  • Fix potential crash on startup during external subtitle parsing

Note: XySubFilter is no longer being actively developed. The original developer stopped working on the project back in 2014, and ever since then it's been in limbo. The changes in this release were made possible by madshi the developer for madVR.
Thanks but a bug is always present with this version.

subtitles in some dvds are not displayed with xysubfilter. With internal subrender of mpc-hc subs are displayed.
I have mpc-64 last clsid version + madvr + xysubfilter 64bits 3.1.0.751 (problem arrive with 3.1.0.746) and windows 7 64

I have tested with french dvd like love hina and kurumi.

edit: I just try with 32 bits version of xysubfilter 3.1.0.751 + mpc-hc 32 bits and it works. Bug come from 64 bits version.

Last edited by ikarad; 29th September 2018 at 16:36.
ikarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2018, 17:06   #978  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

So it's not a new bug in 3.1.0.751, but the same problem already existed in build 746?

Can you upload a small sample with which the problem can be reproduced?
Old 29th September 2018, 19:16   #979  |  Link
ikarad

Quote:
So it's not a new bug in 3.1.0.751, but the same problem already existed in build 746?

Can you upload a small sample with which the problem can be reproduced?
The same problem existed in build 746.

I can't upload a small sample because the problem arrives only when I open dvd with "open BR/dvd" option in mpc-hc. I must uplaod at least some files and a entire episode for that open dvd/BR function in mpc hc works. I can upload a 1gb file if you want.

If I open vob file, subs are displayed but color of subs are strange
ikarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2018, 19:30   #980  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telion View Post
I checked it and no, in b751 they don't (unlike the b746) - thanks again, that's a very nice improvement.

That's not always the case. For example, when there appears a top dialog line positioned with {\an8} along with a regular bottom dialog, the latter moves back but indeed gets repositioned again when the former one ends. But when there are any signs positioned with {\pos}, the bottom dialog lines never get repositioned again even when all sign lines end and there is nothing on the screen except a regular dialog without any markup. I'm mostly concerned about this issue because currently I need to switch subtitle tracks back and forth after each sign as a workaround to restore the repositioning. Is this madVR's fault or XySubFilter's one related to the hard unmovable tags mentioned in your list (and what's the difference between soft and hard, btw)? Can something be done about this issue now, without the burden to implement an independent handling of ASS lines? I hope it should be quite simple to fix and it'd be a great improvement which would really make such support a low-priority cosmetic improvement.
You seem to be correct. As soon as typesetting line appears, all dialog lines after that point are not moved by madVR.

After adding some logging, that particular problem does seem to be an XySubFilter bug. See if the following build fixes it for you:

https://www65.zippyshare.com/v/3kMnxuRc/file.html

Quote:
If the behaviour is different depending on ASS tag then I don't know how to fix it. Probably something in XySubFilter then.
I'll send you the changes later, so you can look it over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarad View Post
The same problem existed in build 746.

I can't upload a small sample because the problem arrives only when I open dvd with "open BR/dvd" option in mpc-hc. I must uplaod at least some files and a entire episode for that open dvd/BR function in mpc hc works. I can upload a 1gb file if you want.

If I open vob file, subs are displayed but color of subs are strange
Could you also test XySubFilter 3.1.0.705 BETA2 & XySubFilter 3.1.0.744 BETA3 to see if either of them work.

If it works in 3.1.0.705 but not in 3.1.0.744, then it's probably related to when Animated VobSub Support was merged in.

A small sample of the vob would still be useful, since the problem is likely related to those same subs going missing with "open BR/dvd".

Last edited by cyberbeing; 29th September 2018 at 19:50.