Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 16th February 2014, 17:33   #19241  |  Link
HWK

speaking of relax, you have earned it Perhaps go for dinner with your family as well.

Last edited by HWK; 16th February 2014 at 17:39.
HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2014, 20:13   #19242  |  Link
slvrsrfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Make sure you are running AVISYNTH v2.58. v2.6.0 is still in alpha, and if you have it installed it is probably you problem. I have no idea how it's DirectshowSource() interprets pulldown signals.
So, I just wiped my machine and did a fresh install of Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit. All I added on top of that was Avast, Office 2013, Beyond Compare, and Hypersnap.

I then went through your BDRB install steps from page 1 and then tried Season 1 of the Wire again, and The Simpsons Season 2 both 4 DVDs --> 1 BD. Both BDs have sound/video sync issues, however, it is very pronounced on The Simpsons.

jdobbs, The Wire is actually pretty close in terms of syncing. If you could just do me one more favor and check the first episode of season 1 (The target) - go to around the 50 minute mark (it's chapter 6 on my disc) where Bunk and McNulty are in a bar talking about his separation...the sound is about 1-2 seconds behind the video; is yours spot on?

FWIW, here are the batch log, settings ini, inspect log, and sample avs files from The Simpsons season 6 (my Wire files were deleted by the cleanup process).
Attached Files
File Type: zip BD-REBUILDER.zip (5.2 KB, 24 views)
slvrsrfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2014, 20:15   #19243  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrsrfr View Post
So, I just wiped my machine and did a fresh install of Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit. All I added on top of that was Avast, Office 2013, Beyond Compare, and Hypersnap.

I then went through your BDRB install steps from page 1 and then tried Season 1 of the Wire again, and The Simpsons Season 2 both 4 DVDs --> 1 BD. Both BDs have sound/video sync issues, however, it is very pronounced on The Simpsons.

jdobbs, The Wire is actually pretty close in terms of syncing. If you could just do me one more favor and check the first episode of season 1 (The target) - go to around the 50 minute mark (it's chapter 6 on my disc) where Bunk and McNulty are in a bar talking about his separation...the sound is about 1-2 seconds behind the video; is yours spot on?

FWIW, here are the batch log, settings ini, inspect log, and sample avs files from The Simpsons season 6 (my Wire files were deleted by the cleanup process).
Didn't Jdobbs run a test on that one already(The Wire). I suspect you had a bad rip. Even if the raw/rip plays fine, encoders/rebuilder tools may find errors, where the player may not. I had to retire my ihes108 for this exact reason. It seemed to rip fine, but some encodes came out bad, due to rip/read errors.
Old 16th February 2014, 21:02   #19244  |  Link
slvrsrfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
Didn't Jdobbs run a test on that one already(The Wire). I suspect you had a bad rip. Even if the raw/rip plays fine, encoders/rebuilder tools may find errors, where the player may not. I had to retire my ihes108 for this exact reason. It seemed to rip fine, but some encodes came out bad, due to rip/read errors.
He did.

It would be a very strange coincidence if it was a bad rip, b/c every episode has a lag - this was across 4 DVDs. Same thing with The Wire Season 2, and The Simpsons Seasons 2, 3, and 6. 4 DVDs each/season. Further, the source videos are MPEG-2, 720x480, _Hybrid_ files.

I also did The Simpsons seasons 4 and 5 without issue, however, the total source size was < 23500, so there was no video reencoding.

So, that's 20 source DVDs, all with MPEG-2, 720x480, Hybrid files, all of which would need to have been bad rips to support that. But, right before I wiped my machine I reencoded season 4 of The Wire without issue, but these were _not_ hybrid source files. I also did 5 BD to BDs without issue, so I know my burner is OK...
Old 16th February 2014, 21:08   #19245  |  Link
omegaman7

I found I had to force encode on those types of sources. Don't ask me why, but it corrected Sync issues I had.
Old 16th February 2014, 21:20   #19246  |  Link
slvrsrfr

Quote:
I found I had to force encode on those types of sources. Don't ask me why, but it corrected Sync issues I had.
I'm not sure that I follow you. These were all reencoded, except for seasons 4 and 5 of the Simpsons, which were fine.

So you set it to force encode, even when it already was encoding, to deal with hybrid mpeg2 file video/audio sync issues?
Old 16th February 2014, 21:23   #19247  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:

I'm running it again. One thing I meant to ask you... you mentioned that your Season 1 Collection had 4 discs consisting of 13 episodes. The one I have is 5 discs (13 episodes). I assumed it was a typo. My episodes were flagged as "Hybrid" just like yours.

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th February 2014 at 21:25.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2014, 21:23   #19248  |  Link
omegaman7

I'm simply saying, that when rebuilder did not encode, there was a problem. By forcing, it corrected my issue. Thankfully, I rarely work with 480p/i sources :S
Old 16th February 2014, 21:27   #19249  |  Link
slvrsrfr

Quote:
I'm running it again. One thing I meant to ask you... you mentioned that your Season 1 Collection had 4 discs consisting of 13 episodes. The one I have is 5 discs (13 episodes). I assumed it was a typo. My episodes were flagged as "Hybrid" just like yours.
Actually, it was a typo, sorry. There are 5 DVDs. The other series were all 4 (so, 21 bad DVD rips.....?)

Thanks for doing me this favor!

Quote:
I'm simply saying, that when rebuilder did not encode, there was a problem. By forcing, it corrected my issue. Thankfully, I rarely work with 480p/i sources :S
This is the opposite of what I am experiencing.
Old 16th February 2014, 21:33   #19250  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
There are some issues with TSMUXER multiplexing sources with pulldown. I should probably disable the "USE_ORIGINAL" mode when it encounters them. I think some people see the issue and others don't depending upon the player.

@slvrsrfr

I don't remember if I asked this before... what player are you using?
Old 16th February 2014, 21:39   #19251  |  Link
slvrsrfr

Quote:
@slvrsrfr

I don't remember if I asked this before... what player are you using?
The one I'm playing these on is a Panasonic DMP-BDT220.
Old 16th February 2014, 22:38   #19252  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
The one I'm playing these on is a Panasonic DMP-BDT220.
Ok. I just ran it and it is perfectly in sync at the point you mentioned, but my log doesn't look to be exactly like yours, so I'm changing a few settings and trying again.
Old 16th February 2014, 22:52   #19253  |  Link
slvrsrfr

Quote:
Ok. I just ran it and it is perfectly in sync at the point you mentioned, but my log doesn't look to be exactly like yours, so I'm changing a few settings and trying again.
Drat! I don't get it...
Old 16th February 2014, 23:04   #19254  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Drat! I don't get it...
In my previous run I noticed the audio had been reencoded and yours hadn't. So I changed the settings to match yours. Unfortunately, though, it completed again in perfect sync.

I don't know what else to do. All my instincts tell me something is wrong with your CODEC setup. But you've assured me everything is installed correctly and all of the recommended versions are in use. So I'm at a loss.
Old 16th February 2014, 23:32   #19255  |  Link
CV91913

Quote:
Drat! I don't get it...
I have had this happen a few times over the years. Every time it has been a bad original source. As others have said, players are forgiving and encoders are not. Put the original disc in your set top player and move to about a minute before where you say it goes out of sync. Play from that point and watch for any kind of glitch. If there is something, the player will probably ignore it and keep playing in sync but it will screw up the encode. If you don't see a problem there, try the same thing with the rip.
CV91913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2014, 23:55   #19256  |  Link
slvrsrfr

Quote:
In my previous run I noticed the audio had been reencoded and yours hadn't. So I changed the settings to match yours. Unfortunately, though, it completed again in perfect sync.

I don't know what else to do. All my instincts tell me something is wrong with your CODEC setup. But you've assured me everything is installed correctly and all of the recommended versions are in use. So I'm at a loss.
Is there anything else I can post for comparison, e.g., ffdshow settings screenshots? Like I said, I totally reinstalled Windows and ran all of the updates for it. Then I just added those other apps, which I didn't think would impact BDRB or the others, unless Office 2013 perhaps did. The reason I added it was to keep all of my screenshot setting for BDRB and ffdshow in one document for reference. For example, I took screenshots of ffdshow before and after I reinstalled Windows and noticed some of the codec settings were different.

I do have a copy of Windows 8, but haven't put it in the box that I run BDRB on yet, as I'm not ready to go there on it. What OS do you run?
Old 17th February 2014, 00:06   #19257  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Is there anything else I can post for comparison, e.g., ffdshow settings screenshots? Like I said, I totally reinstalled Windows and ran all of the updates for it. Then I just added those other apps, which I didn't think would impact BDRB or the others, unless Office 2013 perhaps did. The reason I added it was to keep all of my screenshot setting for BDRB and ffdshow in one document for reference. For example, I took screenshots of ffdshow before and after I reinstalled Windows and noticed some of the codec settings were different.

I do have a copy of Windows 8, but haven't put it in the box that I run BDRB on yet, as I'm not ready to go there on it. What OS do you run?
I'm running Windows 7 (Home Premium). From the log you posted, it has the same version id as yours.

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th February 2014 at 00:09.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 00:25   #19258  |  Link
jdobbs

BD Rebuilder v0.46.13 (beta)

I have updated the first post of this thread with a link to the latest version of BD-RB (v0.46.13). Changes for this release:
Code:
- Made a change to the processing of intact
  video sources. This will eliminate blocking
  artifacts that might be (rarely) introduced 
  in recent versions of TSMUXER.
- Further improved the algorithm for encoding 
  with LAVF frame serving. Due to updates in 
  newer versions of X264s LAVF, more source 
  formats are directly supported -- making 
  the need for reversion to DirectshowSource() 
  less likely.
- Corrected an error that could prevent BD-RB
  from keeping 3D sources intact when they
  would fit as-is in the target size.
- Corrected an issue that might prevent AVCHD
  output from playing on certain players.
- Fixed a problem in which errant ".mpls" and
  ".clpi" files could be created in an AVCHD
  movie-only authored structure.
- Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect
  aspect ratio playback on certain rare
  MPEG-2 sources.
- Disabled and removed PULLDOWN_720 from the
  hidden options.  In testing I've found too
  many inconsistencies when it is set.
- Added working folder free space as a part
  of the reported settings in error output
  and "Inspect".
- Corrected an issue in which audio, subtitle,
  and blanking options were not being properly
  retained during a full backup via BATCH mode.
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.
Old 17th February 2014, 00:26   #19259  |  Link
slvrsrfr

Quote:
I'm running Windows 7 (Home Premium). From the log you posted, it has the same version id as yours.
Hmmm, so I'm basically willing to do any test you'd recommend. I did do a search on Office 2013 and people complain that they can't play videos w/ it when they could w/ older versions of Office...so maybe there's something there. I'm going to do one more fresh install of Windows and nothing else but the components for BDRB!

I'm probably a big PITA, but I do really appreciate all of your suggestions and effort to help me resolve this!!!
Old 17th February 2014, 00:30   #19260  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Hmmm, so I'm basically willing to do any test you'd recommend. I did do a search on Office 2013 and people complain that they can't play videos w/ it when they could w/ older versions of Office...so maybe there's something there. I'm going to do one more fresh install of Windows and nothing else but the components for BDRB!

I'm probably a big PITA, but I do really appreciate all of your suggestions and effort to help me resolve this!!!
I just posted a new version. It's the one I used for the last couple of test runs. I don't think it will change anything from your end... but you never know.