Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 12th April 2017, 04:32   #43301  |  Link
huhn

have a look here: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-di...argyllcms.html
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2017, 05:24   #43302  |  Link
qjb2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
It's for "convert HDR to SDR content by using an external 3DLUT"

not "process HDR content by using an external 3DLUT"
qjb2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2017, 09:19   #43303  |  Link
Budtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMonarchY View Post
I had the same thing happen to me. I fixed it by using 24Hz instead of 23.970Hz - my TV can do both and each is a separate entry. I just left 1080p24 in madVR as the setting forthe lowest possible refresh rate.
No settings sadly fixes it for me

I did manage to get it somewhat stable with glitches and fremedrops only about every 15 minutes. before the creators update there none of these issues

threads are starting to pop op around the web with ppl having the same problems
Old 12th April 2017, 09:20   #43304  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qjb2016 View Post
It's for "convert HDR to SDR content by using an external 3DLUT"

not "process HDR content by using an external 3DLUT"
It is done in a similar way, the output is BT.709 instead of DCI-P3 but it is basically the same thing.
Old 12th April 2017, 09:40   #43305  |  Link
qjb2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
It is done in a similar way, the output is BT.709 instead of DCI-P3 but it is basically the same thing.
I use the displaycal to build the 3dlut file,
Can be "convert HDR to SDR content by using an external 3DLUT" application,
Can not be "process HDR content by using an external 3DLUT" application,
Tip is "input and output format wrong", do not know where the problem?
how do it?
qjb2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2017, 21:56   #43306  |  Link
anta777
Rx470 50VT50

Dear madshi!
You write:
"The chroma upscaling algo does currently not make use of the luma channel. I plan to try adding that to a future NGU version, but that will take serious development time, so don't expect it too soon."

It will be soon ?
There is hope?
anta777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 04:02   #43307  |  Link
ryrynz

He will add it, expect it later on this year I reckon.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 05:30   #43308  |  Link
brentclark2003

https://www.brinkertees.com/slugs-and-snails/
Why can't the chroma upscaling algorithm be used beyond the initial conversion to 4:4:4? For instance with my settings, it'll upscale chroma initially with ReconSharp, then upscale luma with NGU-veryHigh and the chroma again but now with NGU-med. Couldnt ReconSharp (or any of the initial-chroma-only scalers) be used for the second scaling step as well?

Is it just not optimized for scenarios beyond 4:2:0 -> 4:4:4? However, wouldn't it just be the same scenario as the initial conversion, having a chroma image that is exactly half the luma image if a doubling algo is used, like NGU, NNEDI or SuperXBR??
Let’s take more time to share with you electric shavers. Without a doubt, you’re for a internet site that’s highly pro-beard. Known. Nevertheless you will still small gravel some sort of hairs, you must keep up the idea. Imagine which has a classified cheek together with sections. As well as for those who have some sort of goatee and some other sort of version of unwanted facial hair trend. And this also surely comes with that men which can’t use some sort of hairs this can occupation.

Which means that, let’s plunge with together with examine genital herpes virus treatments imagine are definitely the preferred utility shavers with 2017, things know about keep close track of, together with several info which supports people shave being a boyfriend. Not surprisingly, people didn’t imagine you’d get to give that up shaving altogether, managed people?
https://blog.magestore.com/shipping-...magento-guide/ | magento backorders
https://blog.magestore.com/aheadworks-partnership/

Last edited by brentclark2003; 1st December 2019 at 02:15.
brentclark2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 11:13   #43309  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by qjb2016 View Post
I use the displaycal to build the 3dlut file,
Can be "convert HDR to SDR content by using an external 3DLUT" application,
Can not be "process HDR content by using an external 3DLUT" application,
Tip is "input and output format wrong", do not know where the problem?
how do it?
sound like you have created the wrong 3d lut.
a "process HDR content by using an external 3DLUT" without meta data usage doesn't sound useful too me if you want calibrated HDR output.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentclark2003 View Post
Why can't the chroma upscaling algorithm be used beyond the initial conversion to 4:4:4? For instance with my settings, it'll upscale chroma initially with ReconSharp, then upscale luma with NGU-veryHigh and the chroma again but now with NGU-med. Couldnt ReconSharp (or any of the initial-chroma-only scalers) be used for the second scaling step as well?

Is it just not optimized for scenarios beyond 4:2:0 -> 4:4:4? However, wouldn't it just be the same scenario as the initial conversion, having a chroma image that is exactly half the luma image if a doubling algo is used, like NGU, NNEDI or SuperXBR?
using an luma guide upscale algorithm on an upscaled image doesn't sound like the best thing you can do.
and chorma doubling is a worth very little aynway.
using the same scaler for luma and chroma for a RGB or 4:4:4 image should result in better quality any way.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 11:21   #43310  |  Link
SweetLow

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
madVR v0.91.8 released
* fixed: Y416 input was handled incorrectly
Are you sure? 0.91.7 handle test videos from Ver Greeneyes as expected (gray and color bands). 0.91.8 give "blue world" instead.
SweetLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 11:35   #43311  |  Link
sneaker_ger

What video decoder are you using? It seems there was a matching change to LAV Video.

https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFil...b001a36695ba0a (should be in nightly 0.69.0-20 and newer)
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 13:14   #43312  |  Link
SweetLow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
What video decoder are you using? It seems there was a matching change to LAV Video.
Old LAV. Ok, now it's clear - double bug fix
SweetLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 20:56   #43313  |  Link
Damien147

Now with windows 10 creators update there's HDR support.What's the proper setting now for HDR content?Activate HDR in windows and then put Madvr to passthrough HDR content to the display?
Damien147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 21:25   #43314  |  Link
Patrik G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien147 View Post
Now with windows 10 creators update there's HDR support.What's the proper setting now for HDR content?Activate HDR in windows and then put Madvr to passthrough HDR content to the display?
really?
HDR support?
i must get that update

to the question
dont you have eyes ?
test the different HDR settings and choose the one that looks ok
usually there is only one setting with HDR that looks as it should
Patrik G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 22:10   #43315  |  Link
mrcorbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien147 View Post
That's the best option right now, yes. This doesn't send the metadata from the media file to along to the display, though, as madVR still needs to be updated to support this. For now, you're only going to get your TV's default mapping, which may not look obviously wrong, but probably doesn't look exactly correct either.
mrcorbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 22:11   #43316  |  Link
Siso
Soul Seeker

Is Error Diffusion option 1 is really worth it for 8 bit monitor with gtx 1050 ti? Or ordered dithering is good enough?
Siso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 22:26   #43317  |  Link
direxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
Yes, there are several reports of the issue but so far without a real solution except switching to DXVA2 (copy-back). Search the thread.
How do I set DXVA2 copy-back in the madVR settings? I cannot find anything related.
direxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2017, 23:49   #43318  |  Link
ryrynz

Depends, if it prevents you from running the upscaler or enhancements you want then Ordered is good enough, you might have trouble seeing a difference between them anyway.
Personally I'd only enable it if you have the power to spare, probably one of the least beneficial options in madVR.
Old 14th April 2017, 01:22   #43319  |  Link
Neo-XP

A little comparison between Bicubic60 AR / NGU Sharp (low) / NGU Sharp (med) for chroma doubling :

From the worst to the best for me : NGU Sharp (low), NGU Sharp (med) and Bicubic60 AR.

I think NGU Sharp is too sharp to process chroma. The same thing happen with chroma upscaling.
Logically, Jinc AR would perform even better than Bicubic60 AR for chroma doubling, and other NGU variants should be available (at least Standard and AA) for it.

Last edited by Neo-XP; 14th April 2017 at 12:22.
Neo-XP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 03:22   #43320  |  Link
ryrynz

I actually was comparing Jinc and NGU AA high on chroma last night with some neon Japanese letters and even Jinc AR which has some pretty major haloing ended up being too bright IMO.
People can downplay chroma but in certain scenes it makes a big difference. Personally I like it clean and natural and NGU AA does very well. Using excessive sharpness to recreate whatever is
lost from 4:4:4 doesn't seem like a good idea to me, but to each their own.

Last edited by ryrynz; 14th April 2017 at 08:52.

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling