Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd May 2011, 10:40   #2361  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

There, i implemented ITrackInfo, well, some of the functions anyway. Most of the GetTrackCodec* functions are silly, and will only return NULL in LAV Splitter.

GetTrackCount, GetTrackInfo, GetTrackExtendedInfo, GetTrackName and GetTrackCodecName will work now - well as soon as i check the changes in when i get home.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 3rd May 2011 at 10:43.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:43   #2362  |  Link
Sebastiii

Thanks, I think is not good if we have return NULL in LAV
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:51   #2363  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

If someone can't deal with a NULL return, its their damn fault. Its perfectly valid to indicate that there is just no value for this field.
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:57   #2364  |  Link
Sebastiii

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
There, i implemented ITrackInfo, well, some of the functions anyway. Most of the GetTrackCodec* functions are silly, and will only return NULL in LAV Splitter.

GetTrackCount, GetTrackInfo, GetTrackExtendedInfo, GetTrackName and GetTrackCodecName will work now - well as soon as i check the changes in when i get home.
Cool
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:59   #2365  |  Link
Sebastiii

Quote:
If someone can't deal with a NULL return, its their damn fault. Its perfectly valid to indicate that there is just no value for this field.
Ok i surely misunderstand you, so all is correct nice m8
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:03   #2366  |  Link
Mercury_22

IIRC LAV could detect PGS subtitles language no? But now (Nevcairiel-LAVFSplitter-054fb45) it can't, it only shows PGS!

Last edited by Mercury_22; 3rd May 2011 at 11:05.
Mercury_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:04   #2367  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

The stream language is independent of the codec used. Anyhow, for m2ts files on Blu-rays, you need to actually open the Blu-ray (index.bdmv or a .mpls file) for languages to be detected. The language is not contained in the m2ts, its in the special Blu-ray files.
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:16   #2368  |  Link
VipZ

Quote:
That media type looks ok. Did you re-register LAV Audio (and remove and re-add it to the MPC-HC external filter list), so both DirectShow and MPC-HC pick up on the newly added WMA media types?

I tested it with the WM ASF Reader, and it worked fine last night.
Ok, I will do some more testing, I did a complete unreg/reg and clear registry. I didn't set LAV Audio in MPC as preferred, but blocked the WM Audio DMO and ffdshow Audio filters.

Could anyone upload a x64 build as well, so I can test if its maybe x86 that's bit broken on my side?

Thanks
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:33   #2369  |  Link
Mercury_22

Quote:
The stream language is independent of the codec used. Anyhow, for m2ts files on Blu-rays, you need to actually open the Blu-ray (index.bdmv or a .mpls file) for languages to be detected. The language is not contained in the m2ts, its in the special Blu-ray files.
But MPC-HC's internal splitter it's working with m2ts files too

Last edited by Mercury_22; 3rd May 2011 at 11:39.
Mercury_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:10   #2370  |  Link
jj666

The language code is most of the time contained also in the .M2TS file. But not all of the time. Like Nev mentioned, for 100% reliability you should open the correct playlist file.

Cheers,

-jj-
jj666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:14   #2371  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

m2ts on Blu-rays typically don't contain the language code at all, at least on the discs i tested with. If it did, it would show there.

Anyhow, the MPC-HC splitter reads that info from the playlist/clip info files, so does LAV Splitter - but only if you open the playlist.
I don't see the use for adding hacks to make it load the clip infos if you directly open the .m2ts, you're supposed to run the playlist, only then it can ensure 100% proper playback.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 3rd May 2011 at 12:27.
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:30   #2372  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Anyhow, the MPC-HC splitter reads that info from the playlist/clip info files, so does LAV Splitter - but only if you open the playlist.
I don't see the use for adding hacks to make it load the clip infos if you directly open the .m2ts, you're supposed to run the playlist, only then it can ensure 100% proper playback.
For every m2ts file there's a matching clipinfo file and the languages are contained in the clipinfo file, too. eac3to reads the language information from the clipinfo file. It uses the playlist file only for finding out which m2ts files "belong together".
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:34   #2373  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

The main problem is that the default operation mode for LAV Splitter is now to not open files directly, but let the default "File Source (Async)" open the file. The exception from this rule is Blu-ray playback, because there it is required to open multiple files.

Due to not handling File IO myself, i don't even know the file name, or where it is, so i cannot try to assume its a Blu-ray file and try to find a clipinfo in a BDMV structure.

I know where the language info is, all i'm saying is that its not worth the effort to find it if you're opening the m2ts directly, rather then going through the Blu-ray handling. Especially because behavior would be inconsistent, depending if you're going through The LAV source filter, or the File Source and only using LAV for splitting.

If anyone so desperately needs this to function, it shouldn't be that much work, and can probably be done in a day or so - you're welcome to supply patches.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 3rd May 2011 at 12:39.
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:56   #2374  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

It would be pretty easy to call the upstream filter's "IFileSourceFilter::GetCurFile()" method (madVR does that, too, no problems at all) and from there to find the clipinfo file. Personally, I don't really care if this feature gets implemented or not. Just saying that it'd be pretty easy to do.

Last edited by madshi; 3rd May 2011 at 13:00.
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:59   #2375  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Yeah its easy, just figure out the path, check if there is something like BDMV/STREAM in the path, and if so get the proper clipinfo file and feed it through libblurays clpi parser.

Since there is only me thats know the code, i increased my time estimation to a day - which then includes some learning phase.
I can surely put it on my list of things to do, but it will not be anywhere high up.
Old 3rd May 2011, 13:02   #2376  |  Link
clsid

Couldn't you just query the filename info from the (third party) source filter? I know that ffdshow does that as well for some functionality like settings profiles.

Good to know that a tray icon is now a possible future addition. It is essential for players that do not have their own stream selection functionality. For example WMP only allows selecting audio, not video/subs. And even with MPC-HC its useful for those who are used to configuring stuff though the tray icons of the various active filters.
Old 3rd May 2011, 13:05   #2377  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Since i'm currently sitting at work being bored a bit, i will actually give it a shot right now.. i have some test blu-ray structure around here somewhere..
Old 3rd May 2011, 13:13   #2378  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Great!

@clsid, the madVR tray icon includes stream switching, if the splitter exposes the necessary interfaces (which LAV Splitter does). So for anyone in need of stream switching via tray icon, just use madVR...
Old 3rd May 2011, 13:36   #2379  |  Link
ney2x

@clsid <--- Kindly add support for LAV Filter and LAV CUVID in Win7DSFilterTweaker. Thanks!
ney2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:21   #2380  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

I suppose considering the short break i took in between, it really did only take one hour. Oh well, new feature!
Also nearly time to go home now, off doign some real work for a change.

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter