Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux

Old 15th February 2017, 10:34   #201  |  Link
shekh

In general my plugin is more rich on features, especially modded features (support for new formats, alpha channel, stream copy, image sequences, append segments, ...)
The virtualdubffmpeginputplugin implements many options for tweaking (which I do not want to do) and the code is completely different so YMMV.
There is no technical problem to use both, any and none.
Old 15th February 2017, 15:40   #202  |  Link
shekh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromozeka View Post
WNR 0.1 not worked in virtualdub filtermod
In fact it works with "Force single framebuffer" option
(Video->Filters...->Options...)
Old 26th February 2017, 20:01   #203  |  Link
Gromozeka

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekh View Post
In fact it works with "Force single framebuffer" option
(Video->Filters...->Options...)
Thanks, shekh
Gromozeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2017, 20:34   #204  |  Link
kolpotoru

Thank you for VirtualDub FilterMod. Please implement the duel audio support like the old VirtualDubMod.
kolpotoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2017, 21:40   #205  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Indeed, a "Stream list" management would be useful to support more than a low fixed number of streams in parallel to video.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2017, 12:11   #206  |  Link
shekh

Extra streams: not planning yet.
Also this part interferes with audio filters which seem in desperate state. Any opinions for audio filters? Worth keeping around?
Old 1st March 2017, 03:50   #207  |  Link
TlatoSMD

First off, it's great people are still developing VDub close to 20 years after its first release. I'd have two suggestions regardings things that have always bugged me about VDub although I'm still using it on a daily basis.

I'd like to be able to assign a fixed aspect ratio to the output AVI. Many people claim it would be impossible, but a.) Tmpgenc can when I'm using it for transcoding to an x264 AVI, and b.) so can Adobe Premiere Pro when I'm outputting a 4:3 or 16:9 DV AVI. Oh, and my old Canopus ADVC-100 also encodes to a 720x576 DV stream with an assigned aspect ratio of 4:3 so that when I'm playing the captured file in VLC, the display ratio is actually 768x576 (or maybe it's what my capture tool VirtualVCR does).

And speaking of audio filters, please greatly simplify VDub's audio interface! If all I wanna do is normalize the audio, what VDub is giving me is something like a set of lego bricks that I have to stack in the right way and order, and then I also have to somehow tie them all together with wires or strings. Why does it even need an "input" lego brick and an "output" lego brick? It would be much simpler if it was just like with the video filters: Choose "Normalize" from a set of pre-defined filters, set it to "max", "-1dB of max", or "-3dB of max" (and offer a seperate or integrated simple "boost" or "cut" volume filter), and you're done.

Last edited by TlatoSMD; 2nd March 2017 at 06:17.
TlatoSMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2017, 17:36   #208  |  Link
shekh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TlatoSMD View Post
I'd like to be able to assign a fixed aspect ratio to the output AVI.
If all you need is x264 the encoder has "sar width/height" options and it works.
Can't see what else to do about it.

Quote:
And speaking of audio filters, please greatly simplify VDub's audio interface! If all I wanna do is normalize the audio, what VDub is giving me is something like a set of lego bricks that I have to stack in the right way and order, and then I also have to somehow tie them all together with wires or strings. Why does it even need an "input" lego brick and an "output" lego brick? It would be much simpler if it was just like with the video filters: Choose "Normalize" from a set of pre-defined filters, set it to "max", "-1dB of max", or "-3dB of max" (and offer a seperate or integrated simple "boost" or "cut" volume filter), and you're done.
It's exactly my thoughts
Old 2nd March 2017, 01:59   #209  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
First off, it's great people are still developing VDub close to 20 years after its first release.
No.

Shekh, is doin' his damdest to make it the new greatest thing in the world, and pretty much succeeding.

Methinks, Shekh, should be voted king, me would lick his feet

(Dont hold me to that, please).

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 06:20   #210  |  Link
TlatoSMD

Oh, and since this seems an all-over VDub-related suggestion thread, I'd like to quote myself from another thread:

Quote:
somebody really needs to at last write the cross-color and cross-luma PAL filter for VDub that Tacosalad has announced already more than a decade ago. I've mailed him about it around 2005 and he said he has "all the math in his head" for a genuine PAL version of his Dotcrawl filter with that, but nothing doing so far. MSU has been faster and implemented the thing in their commercial MSU Tuner TV Restore filter: http://www.compression.ru/video/tune.../index_en.html (look at the guy's shirt to see what I mean). Well, we need either that, or a proper GUI for Avisynth at least. After all, I'm just a button clicker, not a programmer, which is why I've never gotten a single AVIsiynth script to work within the last ten years that I've been trying.
The outmost I've ever managed to do in this vein of using an abstract video-processing programming language like AVIsinth was to use Mencoder (with lots of help every single time when they'd brought out a new version and seemingly all former commands had been blacklisted again) for what I'm now much more easily and more conveniently using Xmedia Recode for: Simply transcoding stuff into readable files for VDub and PPro before there were all those many codec and container plug-ins for VDub. And even just using Mencoder for that was really pushing the limits of my abilities to use one of those darn programming languages to write "scripts".

So you see, that's why I'm so desperate for either a genuine PAL cross-color and cross-luma filter for VDub...*OR* a clickable GUI like VDub for AVIsinyth. AVIsynth seems to have all the hot filters but the programming language to use them is just gobledegook to me. Besides a genuine PAL cross-color and cross-luma filter, AVIsnyth also seems to have an effective filter to remove those black and white lines from analogue satellite TV recordings, whereas I've never gotten the VDub version called "Processing the linear hindrances" to do anything at all to my footage, and I have lots of tapes recorded from analogue satellite TV. And let's not forget about AVIsynth's awesome filters to turn regular 25 or 30fps videos into extreme slo-mos, with a quality only equalled by Apple Motion so you can forget about cheap and crappy tools like Twixtor.

Last edited by TlatoSMD; 2nd March 2017 at 06:56.
TlatoSMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 11:20   #211  |  Link
shekh

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
Methinks, Shekh, should be voted king, me would lick his feet
I just got motivation to make a project web page: imagine how this quote would look in "what users say" section!
Old 2nd March 2017, 19:30   #212  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Yeh, go for it

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2017, 09:55   #213  |  Link
jpsdr

Would it be possible, to have in the next release (no hurry, take your time), the two following things :

First, change the default value alignment (and so also the modulo pitch value) from 16 to 64.
And also, change this :
Code:
	/// Filter requests 16 byte alignment for source and destination buffers. This guarantees that:
	///
	///		- data and pitch fields are multiples of 16 bytes (aligned)
	///		- an integral number of 16 byte vectors may be read, even if the last vector includes
	///		  some bytes beyond the end of the scanline (their values are undefined)
	///		- an integral number of 16 byte vectors may be written, even if the last vector includes
	///		  some bytes beyong the end of the scanline (their values are ignored)
	///
	FILTERPARAM_ALIGN_SCANLINES		= 0x00000008L,
to this :
Code:
	/// Filter requests 64 byte alignment for source and destination buffers. This guarantees that:
	///
	///		- data and pitch fields are multiples of 64 bytes (aligned)
	///		- an integral number of 64 byte vectors may be read, even if the last vector includes
	///		  some bytes beyond the end of the scanline (their values are undefined)
	///		- an integral number of 64 byte vectors may be written, even if the last vector includes
	///		  some bytes beyong the end of the scanline (their values are ignored)
	///
	FILTERPARAM_ALIGN_SCANLINES		= 0x00000008L,
As the "why 64" ? Just to see for the future, and don't have to touch it again for a long time.

The second change, would be to add CPU mode.
The first step would just be to add these :
Code:
  // AVS+
  CPUF_AVX2         = 0x2000,   //  Haswell
  CPUF_FMA3         = 0x4000,
  CPUF_F16C         = 0x8000,
  CPUF_MOVBE        = 0x10000,  // Big Endian move
  CPUF_POPCNT       = 0x20000,
  CPUF_AES          = 0x40000,
  CPUF_FMA4         = 0x80000,

CPUF_AVX512F      = 0x100000,  // AVX-512 Foundation.
  CPUF_AVX512DQ     = 0x200000,  // AVX-512 DQ (Double/Quad granular) Instructions
  CPUF_AVX512PF     = 0x400000,  // AVX-512 Prefetch
  CPUF_AVX512ER     = 0x800000,  // AVX-512 Exponential and Reciprocal
  CPUF_AVX512CD     = 0x1000000, // AVX-512 Conflict Detection
  CPUF_AVX512BW     = 0x2000000, // AVX-512 BW (Byte/Word granular) Instructions
  CPUF_AVX512VL     = 0x4000000, // AVX-512 VL (128/256 Vector Length) Extensions
  CPUF_AVX512IFMA   = 0x8000000, // AVX-512 IFMA integer 52 bit
  CPUF_AVX512VBMI   = 0x10000000,// AVX-512 VBMI
to made them avaible for plugin.
I don't know how it's made within VDub, my humble suggestion would be to take a look at the avs+ cpuid.cpp code, it's now "very easy"...
The second step, could be done later in a second time, would be to add these in the "Option->Preference->CPU" menu.

I think these improvements could be very usefull in your spirit of upgrade or continue to make live VirtualDub.
jpsdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2017, 10:24   #214  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

If 0x00000008L is equal to a 16 byte alignment, I would assume that a 64 byte alignment needs a different value?

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2017, 12:06   #215  |  Link
jpsdr

It's not like this it's to be seen. Setting FILTERPARAM_ALIGN_SCANLINES in your filter means your require alignment. Actualy the alignment is on 16, i asked if it can be changed to 64. If you're aligned on 64, you're on 16, so it's backward compatible, no need to introduce more complexity with another parameter.
Old 31st March 2017, 12:54   #216  |  Link
shekh

Sorry for long reply, was on vacation

> change the default value alignment

This feature is already sort of scheduled. I will make a new flag value to be able to tell the difference later.

> add CPU mode

I cant see how this can be helped from VirtualDub. If you want to write code using FMA4 or whatever, IMO just do it and make your own compatibility check.
Old 4th April 2017, 13:00   #217  |  Link
shekh

jpsdr

What do you think if I make 64-byte alignment for buffers in x64 build, and in x86 build it will be forced for specific filter only (it will do inefficient reallocation)?
I am afraid that x86 process may run out of memory merely because of the increased alignment.

Unfortunately there is no already implemented way to enforce only useful alignment, and this seems difficult.

edit: nevermind, have better idea.

Last edited by shekh; 5th April 2017 at 14:30.
shekh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2017, 14:31   #218  |  Link
yup

shekh!
for Your effort.
I install Your version VirtualDub on two PC, both under Windows 10 64, on one all O'k and I see 16 bit video (after command Converts(16)), when I see file information I see decoder name, on other I see split image and at file information not name for decoder.
Please advice.
yup.
yup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 09:00   #219  |  Link
jpsdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekh View Post
I am afraid that x86 process may run out of memory merely because of the increased alignment.
You'll at worst increase the size of each line of 48 bytes of memory allocation... I don't think it will be a critical issue.

About CPU extenstion, all the stuff is tested in cpuaccel.cpp, maybe it could be updated using the cpuid.cpp from avisynth+, and offer the others detection parameters ?
Old 6th April 2017, 10:07   #220  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

I added Y410 support, maybe you want to add it too now?