Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 3rd July 2015, 21:57   #1  |  Link
revolucaojava

How to edit a class file?

Hi, Everyone.

First of all, sorry for my bad English.

Hope someone can help me with that:

I've been trying to "edit" some of my Disney Blu-rays, in order to play the movie after the trailers, instead of showing the main menu (something like the Disney Fast Play avaliable in dvds).

I've tried BDEdit, but it was helpless and I think it's because all the BD behavior is programmed in Java.
There are lots of .class files inside jar files. I know they are pieces of java code and I have some knowledge of programming.

Does anyone know how to edit those class files sucessfully? Is it possible?

(I don't want to learn how to play one file after another, of course. BDedit can do that. I want to change things in order to play the movie after the trailers, preserving pop menu functionalities, for exemple. That's why in want to know if someone has achieved that.)

Last edited by revolucaojava; 3rd July 2015 at 23:00.
revolucaojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2015, 07:34   #2  |  Link
minhjirachi

It's not really hard to edit the class file. But the problem is how to resign it with the original key or how to sign it with the new one and generate the key in the CERTIFICATE folder.
minhjirachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2015, 16:42   #3  |  Link
revolucaojava

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhjirachi View Post
It's not really hard to edit the class file. But the problem is how to resign it with the original key or how to sign it with the new one and generate the key in the CERTIFICATE folder.
Ok, but which software do you use to edit?
The problem about resigning I think it's easy to resolve (using an old version of anydvd, decrypting and so on), isn't it?

Last edited by revolucaojava; 4th July 2015 at 17:01.
Old 4th July 2015, 19:14   #4  |  Link
Ghitulescu

There are two ways of programming a BD, in BDMV commands (similar to those of the DVD) and in java.

I do consider java as one of the most disastruous programming environments ever designed.

I normally rip the Disney DVDs and BDs without paying attention to any of their programming. In case I need to keep the programming I simply blank out everything standing in my way.

If one can survive without menus, the ripping job would be probably 1000x more easier.
Old 4th July 2015, 19:39   #5  |  Link
revolucaojava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
There are two ways of programming a BD, in BDMV commands (similar to those of the DVD) and in java.

I do consider java as one of the most disastruous programming environments ever designed.

I normally rip the Disney DVDs and BDs without paying attention to any of their programming. In case I need to keep the programming I simply blank out everything standing in my way.

If one can survive without menus, the ripping job would be probably 1000x more easier.

Thank you.
I know that is possible to edit BDMV commands and, of course, create my own BD.
As I said, I want to know if there is a way to edit the BD java programming.

Anyone?

Last edited by revolucaojava; 4th July 2015 at 23:19.

Tags
java blu ray authoring, programming framework