Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 14th October 2015, 18:24   #821  |  Link
sneaker_ger

I don't think it's possible, XySubFilter integration into MPC-HC is not very good. You might have more luck with MPC-BE.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 11:49   #822  |  Link
jfcherng

Bug report

Environment:
Quote:
madVR: v0.89.11 x64
XySubFilter: 3.1.0.744/745 x64
ASS script:
Quote:
[Script Info]
PlayResX: 1920
PlayResY: 1080

[V4+ Styles]
Format: Name, Fontname, Fontsize, PrimaryColour, SecondaryColour, OutlineColour, BackColour, Bold, Italic, Underline, StrikeOut, ScaleX, ScaleY, Spacing, Angle, BorderStyle, Outline, Shadow, Alignment, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, Encoding
Style: A,Arial,62,&H00FFFFFF,&HF0000000,&H006C3300,&H00000000,0,0,0,0,100,100,5,0,1,5,0,2,25,25,20,1
Style: B,Arial,20,&H00FFFFFF,&HF0000000,&H006C3300,&H00000000,0,0,0,0,100,100,5,0,1,5,0,2,25,25,20,1

[Events]
Format: Layer, Start, End, Style, Name, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, Effect, Text
Dialogue: 0,0:00:00.00,9:00:00.00,A,,0,0,0,,Big Fontsize{\rB}Small Fontsize
Current result:
(XySubFilter 3.1.0.744/745 x64)

Expected result:
(XySubFilter: 3.1.0.705 x64)
(Aegisub)

By the way, is there no issue page on the official github repo?
It takes a week for a newly registered user to post reply here.

Last edited by jfcherng; 16th October 2015 at 12:12. Reason: typo
jfcherng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 15:25   #823  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Should be fixed in 3.1.0.746 (see first post or Github for the DL link).

I've also enabled the Github issue tracker as well, which does seem to be needed now that GoogleCode has been defunct for quite awhile. Just keep in mind there is currently no active developer, so chances of anything other than regressions being fixed is rather slim.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 15:43   #824  |  Link
jfcherng

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
Should be fixed in 3.1.0.746 (see first post or Github for the DL link).

I've also enabled the Github issue tracker as well, which does seem to be needed now that GoogleCode has been defunct for quite awhile. Just keep in mind there is currently no active developer, so chances of anything other than regressions being fixed is rather slim.
Good work anyway
jfcherng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2015, 01:29   #825  |  Link
agustin9

Is there a way to reset the subtitle delay back to 0 everytime? Thanks!
agustin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015, 21:10   #826  |  Link
Dlget

Something Causing Memory Leak in XY Subfilter 3.1.0.746_x64_BETA3.
If i use XY Subfilter RAM usage becomes 99% & pc hangs.
I used MadVR & EVR custom & found hang.However EVR don't have this.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...06#post1744306
Asus Gtx 960 strix OC
Dlget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2015, 03:14   #827  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by agustin9 View Post
Is there a way to reset the subtitle delay back to 0 everytime?
Use MPC-BE with the F1 / F2 hotkeys to change it temporarily via the api, instead of setting it permanently in settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlget View Post
Something Causing Memory Leak in XY Subfilter 3.1.0.746_x64_BETA3.
If i use XY Subfilter RAM usage becomes 99% & pc hangs.
I used MadVR & EVR custom & found hang.However EVR don't have this.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...06#post1744306
How do I reproduce this?
What subtitle format, sample, media player?

When you state RAM usage becomes 99%, how much RAM are we talking about which is reported used by MPC-HC?
How much RAM do you have free/standby on your system as reported by Resource Monitor before you start playback?

What is the Cache Size(MB) being reported as in options?
Does manually reducing it resolve the problem?

Does the issue only occur with 3.1.0.746, but not 3.1.0.705 and prior?
Does this only occur on Windows 10? Are you able to test on another computer using a different OS?

Last edited by cyberbeing; 26th October 2015 at 03:24.
Old 30th October 2015, 05:56   #828  |  Link
Dlget

Quote:
How do I reproduce this?
What subtitle format, sample, media player?

When you state RAM usage becomes 99%, how much RAM are we talking about which is reported used by MPC-HC?
How much RAM do you have free/standby on your system as reported by Resource Monitor before you start playback?

What is the Cache Size(MB) being reported as in options?
Does manually reducing it resolve the problem?

Does the issue only occur with 3.1.0.746, but not 3.1.0.705 and prior?
Does this only occur on Windows 10? Are you able to test on another computer using a different OS?
I'm using 746 beta 3 & with 705 it was okay(don't know if 746 created this bug).
I'm using Win7.I restored XYSubfilter Setting
Any Video Format with any subtitle.(tested mp4,mkv with embedded subtitle & external subtitle both srt & ass)

I restored XYsubfilter setting & no hang.
But i only changed renderer height & width to my display size.
Didn't touched cache setting.(set to -1 auto)
[Somehow more memory is used for cache????]

I got 8GB DDR3 RAM & during hang i can see 6GB sucked by mpcbe(xysub inside).
With MPC-BE's internal subtitle filter no problem.

Don't know how to give debug report for Xysubfilter although i would like to give
Asus Gtx 960 strix OC
Dlget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 01:20   #829  |  Link
agustin9

Quote:
Use MPC-BE with the F1 / F2 hotkeys to change it temporarily via the api, instead of setting it permanently in settings.
Thanks for answering. I change it using the hotkeys but it gets stored...
agustin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 02:59   #830  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by agustin9 View Post
Thanks for answering. I change it using the hotkeys but it gets stored...
You must be doing some wrong then:

A) You didn't remember to set the delay back to 0ms before using the MPC-BE hotkeys for the first time.

B) After you are changing it via MPC-BE hotkeys, you are entering XySubFilter options and saving the delay permanently by clicking OK or Apply.
Old 7th November 2015, 02:26   #831  |  Link
romulous

Quick question - does XYSubFilter and xy-VSFilter support Teletext subtitles? I have a sample file for which MediaInfo has this to say:

Text #1
ID : 5303 (0x14B7)-888
Menu ID : 8931 (0x22E3)
Format : Teletext
Language : English

Text #2
ID : 5304 (0x14B8)
Menu ID : 8931 (0x22E3)
Format : DVB Subtitle
Codec ID : 6
Duration : 1mn 56s
Delay relative to video : -300ms
Language : English

So two subtitle streams. The only thing exposed by XYSubFilter and xy-VSFilter is the DVB stream however.

romulous
romulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2015, 08:44   #832  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

I'm not sure if DVB Teletext is supported or not, since I don't have any such samples. If it doesn't work with MPC-HC ISR either, the answer is probably no.

Also, the subtitle filter takes no part in exposing muxed subtitle streams. If you have a sample where one of the subtitle streams isn't exposed, that would be a splitter problem first.
Old 7th November 2015, 08:59   #833  |  Link
romulous

Sample here:
https://mega.nz/#!4t41nRgA!JOC4KHpQH...rKiLjLwRBM3LTg (71MB)

Definitely only one stream is exposed, I will post this to the LAV thread (as the affected component).

romulous
romulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2015, 07:54   #834  |  Link
Knight77

After many many test I can confirm that the function to move the subs in the black bars

In both my PC works only if I use xysubfilter.dll 745 or previous. Why? Can anyone give me a solution about this? I'd like to use the last version :-(

I got that version by aracnoz in a post in Dsplayer thread and is the only one working (both in dsplayer and mphc)....

Last edited by Knight77; 29th November 2015 at 12:36.
Knight77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2015, 18:49   #835  |  Link
jmonier

You might get a better response by posting this in the madVR thread.
jmonier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2015, 09:10   #836  |  Link
Nullack

So I downloaded the latest beta and did some tests. My setup is I use the nightly x64 MPC-HC builds along with the nightly x64 LAV filters build. I run the external nightly LAV filters only in MPC-HC. I use DXVA 2 on my Nvidia GTX 960 in Native mode, including HD and UHD resolutions. My display is a 65" curved LED 3D display, 4K UHD. I've noticed with my setup and testing that the performance of this beta is not OK for most common frame speeds in video. For example, 24 fps is around 41ms paint time, and with this beta enabled I see paint time spiking above that when obviously it needs to be below the frame rate for smooth playback. With even higher frame rate footage the problm is worse, say with 60 FPS material it needs to be under a frame time of 16 ms.

For the time being Ive gone back to the internal MPC-HC subtitle filter which does not have the problem of causing frame spikes with subtitles.
Nullack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2015, 03:10   #837  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullack View Post
I run the external nightly LAV filters only in MPC-HC. I use DXVA 2 on my Nvidia GTX 960 in Native mode, including HD and UHD resolutions.
What video renderer are you using?

With XySubFilter at high resolution you should really use madVR so you get subtitle buffering. EVR-CP doesn't yet buffer subtitles frames for any render except the ISR.

If you are already using madVR and having this issue with SRT subtitles, it seems be be a performance problem with madVR's black bar support + DXVA Native. I've now opened a bug for this madVR issue, which you can follow. If you have any additional details which I missed, please add them in a comment: http://bugs.madshi.net/view.php?id=363

If you use DXVA2 (copy back) in LAV instead, you shouldn't run into this issue. The DXVA2cb-direct mode in LAV should have decoding performance nearly identical to DXVA2 Native with your GTX960, so there is no reason not to just use it at all times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight77 View Post
In both my PC works only if I use xysubfilter.dll 745 or previous. Why? Can anyone give me a solution about this? I'd like to use the last version :-(
The only difference in 744 & 745 is those builds flagged all text subtitles as movable, whether styled or not. The 746 build was changed so it doesn't flag subtitles with style override tags as movable. Unfortunately this means if you have SRT subtitles containing style tags like bold or italic, they may get incorrectly flagged as unmovable. This will likely get resolved in some future build.

This was mainly done, since support for movable ASS subtitles containing typesetting would need to be done on a per bitmap basis to be supported well. The current implementation in madVR only functions on a per script basis which only makes it practical for text subtitles without typesetting. The current implementation is a bit of a hack by madshi to get it somewhat working. Anything more complex would need to be implemented in XySubFilter itself, but we currently don't have an active developer to finish implementing proper subtitleTargetRect movable subtitle support as originally intended by the subtitle interface.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 2nd December 2015 at 03:39.
Old 2nd December 2015, 05:13   #838  |  Link
Nullack

Thanks and understood. The reason Im using EVR CP as a media foundation renderer is because with madVR I cant get my frametimes down enough to keep pace. I run DXVA 2 in native mode. I fiddled around with a whole bunch of settings and I was not able to get madVR to do 4K UHD with paint times below the frame interval for common FPS speeds. It wasnt just 60 fps material, some of it was 30 fps material. Using just DVXA2 native with EVR CP and with HEVC level 5.2 MAIN 10 3840P60 under full hardware acceleration from my GTX 960 GPU, my max paint times are still just above the 17 ms or so for 60 FPS material, maxing at 25 ms but most frames around 5-7 ms. So even with the fastest hardware accelerated setup on the EVR CP Im still seeing max frame times above 60 fps complex content. Madvr is even worse.

Last edited by Nullack; 2nd December 2015 at 05:16.
Old 2nd December 2015, 07:25   #839  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Just to confirm. I'd assume you'd see a similar performance problem with the ISR if you set "Sub Pictures to Buffer" to 0 in MPC-HC settings?

If not, I'm not too sure what could be causing your high render times. On my system at least, XySubFilter + MPC-HC EVR-CP has avg paint times of ~0.3ms at 4K, with a split-second paint time spikes each time a subtitle line is rendered. ISR + MPC-HC EVR-CP behaves the same way if I set "Sub Pictures to Buffer" to 0. Either way, if using EVR-CP you are better off using the ISR at 4K so you get subtitle buffering. EVR-CP does have a render buffer (EVR Buffers?) of some kind for video frames, but I'm not sure if it would help hide for paint time spikes you are seeing when using XySubFilter or not. You'd need to ask in the MPC-HC thread.

With madVR + XySubFilter, it should be possible to get decent performance at 4K 60fps HEVC with DXVA2-Copyback if you lower madVR's settings enough. I have a GTX770 which is around the same power as your GTX960. With 3840x2160p60 video at 4K display, very low render times such as <6ms avg and <10ms max should be possible with subtitles. In madVR you don't even need to worry about the max (5s) render time much, since if it's small and infrequent enough it will be completely hidden by madVR's render queue. If you're not seeing any frame drops reported or otherwise visible when using madVR, you're just fine.

Try low settings such as Spline36 AR Luma + Catmull-Rom Chroma + Ordered Dithering + CPU Queue 24 + Render Queue 6 + Present Queue 6 + DX9 Fullscreen Exclusive + Smooth Motion + 'optimize subtitle quality for performance' + 'don't use linear light for dithering + 'don't use linear light for smooth motion blending' to start with, and increase settings from there. You should definitely be able to get render times below 16ms at 4k using DXVA2-Copyback and those settings. If not, try disabling Smooth Motion.

I believe there are a few people here on Doom9 have a GTX960 and a 4K display, so they may be able to help you further in the madVR thread with tweaking settings, if you're still having trouble getting acceptable 4K 60fps performance.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 2nd December 2015 at 07:46.
Old 2nd December 2015, 09:08   #840  |  Link
Nullack

Thanks very much for the time and wisdom in your response I greatly appreciate it

Your exactly correct, when setting the ISR to 0 buffered subs I see the same sort of paint time spikes as with Xysubfilter using the EVR-CP renderer. Its for sure the cause. Setting it back to 10 fixes the spikes.

I will work on madVR and persist with trying to find settings which work OK.

As too whats causing my current render times Ill fiddle around between CB and native, try different output resizers for the EVR-CP the default is bilinear I had been using Bicubic A = 1.00 PS2.

I have observed that xysubfilter tends too look better than the ISR and it seems more accurate with punctuation etcetc so Ill stick with it and try to configure madVR.

Thanks very much for all the help mate.