Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 22nd July 2010, 12:46   #8261  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 816 pixels
...but I just get 20fps encoding.
Slow??? On my Q6600@3ghz I would have no more than 10! You should be happy like hell because you have almost real-time encoding! If this is still too slow why don't you send me you cpu and buy yourself a brand new i7 980
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:46   #8262  |  Link
RottenNecro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
why don't you just import .ts directly in ripbot?
Because I was getting out of sync audio there and thought there must be some way of getting passed that while still using ripbot.
RottenNecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:48   #8263  |  Link
womble2

Quote:
Slow??? On my Q6600@3ghz I would have no more than 10! You should happy like hell because you have almost real-time encoding!
Uhm, ok, so I really "miss estimated" that

Thanks
womble2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:50   #8264  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

@RottenNecro
Why don't you send me 50-100 mb sample to www.mediafire.com. Use DGsplit.
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:54   #8265  |  Link
soneca

Quote:
I used CQ and QualityLevel 18.
I run an core i7-720 at 4gHz. All 4 cores (8 threads) are working with almost 99%usage, but I just get 20fps encoding. (Windows7 64bit)
Isn't that a little slow?
There's nothing slow here, is much faster than my i7@2.8Ghz!
soneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 13:03   #8266  |  Link
RottenNecro

Now I'm getting no sound. I used the method i mentioned a sec ago. I've now reverted back to ripbot 1.14.6 to see if it will make any difference.
Old 22nd July 2010, 13:08   #8267  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Without physical (source) sample we can't help you.
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:03   #8268  |  Link
glen8

Hi all,

I was just wondering ;-) Does ripbot have the ability to create two audio streams?

I'd like to convert a movie from one of my blu-rays to 720p mp4 so I can play it on both my PS3 and iPad. Unless both the PS3 and iPad supports 5.1 AAC?

If not I'd have to use 5.1 AAC for the PS3 and 2.0 AAC for the iPad. The reason for me posting this question is that I don't get the iPad till next week so can't test it.

Thanks
glen8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 16:47   #8269  |  Link
klopsknoedel

no you can't.
RipBot is just a simple GUI so that EVERYBODY can use it. Such more-advanced-features like 2 audio-tracks can't be done with RipBot!
klopsknoedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 20:56   #8270  |  Link
RottenNecro

Should I have xvid decoded by xvid or libavcodec in ffdshow video decoder config?

Could you tell me what I should have set for Other MP4,
Raw Video (it's disabled at the moment - Should it be set to YV12?)
VC1 (set to wmv9 at the moment)
H.264/AVC (set to ffmpeg-mt). Would really appreciate the help.

Last edited by RottenNecro; 22nd July 2010 at 21:00.
Old 22nd July 2010, 21:02   #8271  |  Link
klopsknoedel

xvid -> ffdshow (libavcodec)
RAW -> ffdshow
VC-1 -> wmv9 (Microsoft)
H.264/AVC -> ffmpeg-mt (ffdshow)

so it looks like you've done all right
Old 23rd July 2010, 02:21   #8272  |  Link
Darkness_au

Hi, first off great program, nice and easy and gives awesome quality..

I have a problem though and a few questions I hope some one can help me with, sorry if its been gone over before, 400+ pages is a bit much to go through

Ok, I cant use the denoise filter at all, every time I select Film or Ani the preview wont work (just gives a blank screen in MPC, and the movie wont encode (click start and it says done after a couple of seconds with no error) Obviousy with some blurays being a little noisey having this filter would be nice. If I turn the filter off it all works fine.

And why cant we select 640 kbps 5.1 audio with MP4 ? can with the other options like MKV etc.. can only pick 320 kbps 5.1 for some reason. Am unsure of the quality difference but im guessing it would be a bit.

And last question, what file size should I be aiming at ? I know that depends on a lot like the movie time etc.. but with 1.5 hour movies I get around 5800 KBPS when I set the size at 4gig for converting blurays to 720p MP4.. is this over kill ? can anyone tell me what KBPS I shouldnt go under ? like would 2400 KBPS give the same quality ? Just wondering if it was overkill and I might be able to fit 2 movies on a dvd instead of just one.

Thanks for any help with the above.
Darkness_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 05:09   #8273  |  Link
8ternity

@atak;

I've got and installed my Western Digital SSD drive 128GB!!!!

Installed windows 7 took about 17 minutes! I install all my softwares and updates and will be back soon!! I can't wait to see if ssd can help a little bit for conversion issue. I don't think it makes a differences, it's the processor and overall windows used loaded thru the processor, but if hard disc save time of seeking for his files, it can help a little bit for a couples of processes.

Last edited by 8ternity; 23rd July 2010 at 07:17.
8ternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 07:22   #8274  |  Link
8ternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by klopsknoedel View Post
no you can't.
RipBot is just a simple GUI so that EVERYBODY can use it. Such more-advanced-features like 2 audio-tracks can't be done with RipBot!
Personnaly i used it. When ripbot264 dexumed to all drive all files in the temp folder, i calculate properties on the french audio track, took the file size, calculate 8150 - audio size = results ex.: 6144 MB, wrote 6125 and remuxed manually when project is done.

It's what i do. Sometimes, when DTS tracks, before- project is done, i convert it with eac3to GUI to AC3 640 and calculate before starting the project. after project finsished, i took the m2ts converted and add the other language and remuxed in a new folder.

DTS = 8125MB - other language size = conversion size and approximate to 25,50,75 mb ex. (7125mb, 6050mb etc).

They have HDConvertToX offer multiples languages, but a little more complated to use then ripbot264. I prefer ripbot264 because i've got better conversion quality and less brain pain for getting worked thoes softwares. Ripbot264 is so easy and great to work. Also, atak offer great support with many members here helping peoples.

*sorry for bad english* ;-p

Last edited by 8ternity; 23rd July 2010 at 07:25.
8ternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 10:30   #8275  |  Link
klopsknoedel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ternity View Post
I prefer ripbot264 because i've got better conversion quality and less brain pain for getting worked thoes softwares. Ripbot264 is so easy and great to work. Also, atak offer great support with many members here helping peoples.

And that's why I wanted to use RipBot for my little project over here. I love this GUI but for me there are some features missing!
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:15   #8276  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Ok, I cant use the denoise filter at all, every time I select Film or Ani the preview wont work (just gives a blank screen in MPC, and the movie wont encode (click start and it says done after a couple of seconds with no error) Obviousy with some blurays being a little noisey having this filter would be nice. If I turn the filter off it all works fine.
Install latest Directx 9.0c. Install latest graphic drivers.

Quote:
And why cant we select 640 kbps 5.1 audio with MP4 ? can with the other options like MKV etc.. can only pick 320 kbps 5.1 for some reason. Am unsure of the quality difference but im guessing it would be a bit.
maximal bps for CT-AAC encoder is 320000 bps. Also AAC is newer and more efficient than AC3/DTS. I doubt you will hear difference between AAC 320kbps and AC3 640 kbps.

Quote:
And last question, what file size should I be aiming at ? I know that depends on a lot like the movie time etc.. but with 1.5 hour movies I get around 5800 KBPS when I set the size at 4gig for converting blurays to 720p MP4.. is this over kill ? can anyone tell me what KBPS I shouldnt go under ? like would 2400 KBPS give the same quality ? Just wondering if it was overkill and I might be able to fit 2 movies on a dvd instead of just one.
You shouldn't aim for any size. Just select CQ@22. One pass (faster) and you get constant quality for all video collection. If you are not satisfied with quality lower value to 20 or 18 (lower = larger size and better quality)
Old 23rd July 2010, 13:29   #8277  |  Link
stasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ternity View Post
@atak;

I've got and installed my Western Digital SSD drive 128GB!!!!

Installed windows 7 took about 17 minutes! I install all my softwares and updates and will be back soon!! I can't wait to see if ssd can help a little bit for conversion issue. I don't think it makes a differences, it's the processor and overall windows used loaded thru the processor, but if hard disc save time of seeking for his files, it can help a little bit for a couples of processes.
You will see no difference. BTW, I would not rip to an SSD. SSD is not a HDD, many write accesses will slowly destroy your SSD. Those drives are for installing Windows on it an boot it up faster, not for transfering tons of GBs. You also have to disable some Windows Services like defrag, indexing... and copy your swap file to a HDD.
More infos here
stasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 15:27   #8278  |  Link
Darkness_au

Quote:
Install latest Directx 9.0c. Install latest graphic drivers.

maximal bps for CT-AAC encoder is 320000 bps. Also AAC is newer and more efficient than AC3/DTS. I doubt you will hear difference between AAC 320kbps and AC3 640 kbps.

You shouldn't aim for any size. Just select CQ@22. One pass (faster) and you get constant quality for all video collection. If you are not satisfied with quality lower value to 20 or 18 (lower = larger size and better quality)
Thanks mate, trying the latest DX now.

Cheers.
Darkness_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 16:41   #8279  |  Link
ValorSolo

This GUI is great. Much faster and easier to use than AutoMKV and a few others I've tried.
I've had no real issues with it yet, once I familiarized myself with it.

One thing I have noticed, MKV to MKV conversion is not very fast, as opposed to AVI/MP4 to MKV.

Aside from that, this is the best GUI around.
I've converted about a dozen films so far, and only had trouble with one, but that was my fault.

Also, I've had better results using the 2-pass method. The CQ works well, but the 2-pass is better quality for me.
ValorSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 18:57   #8280  |  Link
pacaveli211

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValorSolo View Post
One thing I have noticed, MKV to MKV conversion is not very fast, as opposed to AVI/MP4 to MKV.
is that because the mkv is in HD vs the avi/mp4 in standard def? or the mkv is a longer video, lower AR, etc.

Quote:
Also, I've had better results using the 2-pass method. The CQ works well, but the 2-pass is better quality for me.
one mode is not 'better quality' than the other. if you're getting better quality with 2 pass it's because you have a high target size possibly compared to a high (lower quality) cq value set. if you don't need to hit a target size drop your cq value until you get your desired quality. you can type 16, 14, etc numbers in if 18 is not good enough
pacaveli211 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360