Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 23rd June 2018, 21:05   #51501  |  Link
huhn

just set it to RGB it's not much work.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2018, 22:42   #51502  |  Link
mv

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
d3d11 doesn't support deinterlancing that'S why i ask.
can you make a screen of the OSD?
Sure -> https://imgur.com/a/sxqGvCx
That's after ~10-15minutes after the IPTV channel does start playing - which is one time out of 3-5. In most cases is stops after several seconds.
Other channels seem pretty same when looking at OSD but still somehow different because they do start playing without issues.
mv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2018, 23:21   #51503  |  Link
huhn

nothing deviantly wrong with the OSD.
the only small things i see is the 6-8 queue for decoding and the presentation queue.
the DXVA max spikes look scary.

when deinterlancing is fail does it look the same?
Old 24th June 2018, 00:28   #51504  |  Link
Redemption80

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Create modes in the NVIDIA control panel, that works on all driver versions for me.
Thanks, never even thought to do try that again

Not that i had an issue sticking with 390.77 as it was working fine for the games i play, but didn't want to stick with it forever and these days video playback and MadVR takes higher priority that gaming for me.
Redemption80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2018, 01:27   #51505  |  Link
Clammerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggav View Post
If I set nvidia control panel to "let colors settings be set by application" I believe this will set color based on my TV edid.
No, that option lets you either override application colours using the sliders below that option, or leaving the colours as the application sends them to the driver.
Strongly suggest you leave that option as "application".

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggav
Is there a way to know if in this situation my pc is using RGB or YCbCr?
What your computer will send over the wire will be whatever you select in the Nvidia control panel "Change Resolution" section under "Output Format".
Strongly suggest you leave it as RGB.
Clammerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2018, 06:49   #51506  |  Link
x7007

Will there be new Madvr soon ?
x7007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2018, 12:40   #51507  |  Link
ryrynz

Yes, some time this year.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2018, 16:21   #51508  |  Link
mv

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
nothing deviantly wrong with the OSD.
the only small things i see is the 6-8 queue for decoding and the presentation queue.
the DXVA max spikes look scary.

when deinterlancing is fail does it look the same?
Seems that de-interlacing doesn't really matter. If it is disabled in madVR IPTV playback can also stop.
Tried tinkering with options and to max out CPU queue (128 frames) but nothing helps, playback just stops for some reason.
Old 24th June 2018, 19:30   #51509  |  Link
Clammerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv View Post
playback just stops for some reason.
It's been a long time since I played with IPTV streams, but last time I remember the internal stream source of MPC-HC was kind of flakey with UDP streams. Not sure if that's improved over the years.
You could try using VLC as a buffer, demuxing the stream and repacking it in to another format and sending it over another protocol might help.
You could also try making the madVR buffers very small if you haven't already.
Old 24th June 2018, 19:43   #51510  |  Link
el Filou

@mv Is there a way to increase the minimum buffer at the start of playback for network streams in your player?
With MediaPortal I had the same issues sometimes on Live TV, playback would sometimes stop like if it had reach end of stream because the player was starved of data. I fixed it by setting a 2 second buffer. It didn't happen only with madVR, but somehow it did occur much more often with it than with EVR.
Old 24th June 2018, 19:50   #51511  |  Link
Asmodian

I have also noticed better performance with small buffers in madVR, I keep the "number of frames presented in advance" at 3 or 4 and GPU buffers at 4 or 6. I noticed this when I switched to Windows 10 but it doesn't seem to be a universal observation (there don't seem to be any universal observations).

It is a good idea to put "strength during fade in/out" on the same level as "default debanding strength" for reduce banding artifacts (if it is enabled) or keep the trade quality for performance option "don't rerender frames when fade in/out is detected" enabled (recommended anyway, in my opinion).
Old 24th June 2018, 21:21   #51512  |  Link
mv

Thanks for advices guys!

Increased buffer size in LAV splitter (up to 512Mb) and tried increasing/decreasing buffer/queue size in madVR and somehow it did increase overall stability but unfortunately didn't fix the issue completely.
Old 25th June 2018, 08:26   #51513  |  Link
ccrys

Can't see any changes after upscale

Hi to everyone!

I'm trying to use some upscale settings for improving image quality using MPC HC and madvr.

My target is upscale from 720p and 1080p to 2160p.

I used 720p anime and 1080 bluray movie at medium settings and high profile to upscale 2160p but I can't see any changes for image compared to the original.I have a lot of drops frames seems to upscale algoritms working but when i pause and save image as png/bitmap 100% quality (alt+i) at from MPC I don't see any changes.

The screenshots result are identical wich is weird :
source 1920 x 804 (4.2mb) and after uscpale 1920 x 804 (4.2mb);

-1280 x 720 1.88mb (original) and 1280 x 720 1.95mb upscaled.

Another result for 720 source: (print screen)
-3840 x 2160 (720p source) 23.7mb bmp - 3840 x 2160 (720p source) 23.7mb bmp (after upscale)

My setup: Win 10 X64 with last update, latest MPC and madvr;
Intel Skylake i5 6500, 8gb ram, GTX 1050ti 4gb, ssd Samsung 256gb, Samsung TV 55ju7500 2160p resolution 60hz.
Attached Images

ccrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2018, 08:33   #51514  |  Link
ccrys

Another ss's:
Attached Images

ccrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2018, 10:00   #51515  |  Link
mclingo

regarding the HDR toggle problem with latests AMD drivers, AMD have contacted me and I have provided them my DXDIAG and full Belarc report so it looks like thy are taking it seriously.
mclingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2018, 11:29   #51516  |  Link
mrmojo666

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclingo View Post
regarding the HDR toggle problem with latests AMD drivers, AMD have contacted me and I have provided them my DXDIAG and full Belarc report so it looks like thy are taking it seriously.
I got the same requests, but i have a different feeling.

in the mail they sent me they are asking about app freezing (i never talk about freezing) and performance issue (never wrote about performance)
they ask me to demostrate with a video the issue.
Also seems it's not clear that the issue is happening from many versions of the driver.

I'm not sure that i want to do their job, debugging, starting from update my system to a driver that I already know is broken to send them what ? something that they can reproduce easly (they are amd) with the information that i've sent to them in terms of repro steps and software e Hw versions.

AMD is keeping to piss me off (sorry to be rude), starting from couple of years ago when they removed all video configurations in the drivers , they made me waste a lot of time to provide them all infomations requested and in the end all those useful controls never went back they closed the issue with no issue.

this is my opinion, if you have time to break you pc with broken driver and send them all the infos i say a big thank you to you , but i'm not sure that i will do the same.
mrmojo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2018, 23:38   #51517  |  Link
Clammerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrys View Post
Another ss's:
Don't attach images directly to the forum. They take too long to be approved (no one can see them until they are approved).
Use an image hosting service like imgur, and post the links to your images.
Old 26th June 2018, 00:11   #51518  |  Link
huhn

same answer you are still comparing the same image with each other.
Old 26th June 2018, 02:03   #51519  |  Link
suanm

I wanna ask why I send original dolby vision HDR mediadata with madVR to my TV set,my tv set doesn't decode the original dolby vision HDR? I'm very confient that there are hardware decoder chipsets on my TV set because i play some demonstration films from dolby co. website with my tv set.Doesn't madVR support to send original dolby vision HDR content to the display?Just support to send HDR10 content to the display?
suanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2018, 02:39   #51520  |  Link
Asmodian

Dolby Vision decoding is not supported by anything free, as far as I can tell.

Playing back Dolby Vision is not simply sending different metadata, it is much more complex and no one has released the specs so no one knows how to do it.

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling