Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Closed Thread

Old 8th April 2019, 14:20   #4641  |  Link
RainyDog

Does anyone know of any logo removal plugin's for x64 Avisynth+ that they can point me to please?

Something that can remove a small semi-transparent logo from a TV broadcast.

Thanks.
Old 8th April 2019, 14:49   #4642  |  Link
pinterf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
If so, can we have some sort of additional feature to segregate conditional reader statements in Avisynth+. Like a line that will be parsed by Avisynth+ and prevent all 4 ConditionalReader lines from being seen by both instances of the ColorYUV filter. Something that will cause conditional reader statements above the line to not be seen by filters below the line and vice versa.
Nice problem. This commit will probably help you. Do someone need a fresh build from current dev state? It's faster for me than doing a proper release.
Old 8th April 2019, 16:08   #4643  |  Link
Gser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDog View Post
Does anyone know of any logo removal plugin's for x64 Avisynth+ that they can point me to please?

Something that can remove a small semi-transparent logo from a TV broadcast.

Thanks.
I use MP_Pipeline https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=163281(https://www.mediafire.com/folder/2iz...2o/Video_works to pipe rm_logo to the 32-bit version of avisynth in one script, meaning you need both 32 and 64 bit versions installed
Old 8th April 2019, 19:03   #4644  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

Here's an oddity: if I use extracta on a YUV clip with no alpha channel, I get an error. If I use it on an RGB24 clip, which also has no alpha channel, no error - just white pixels.
Old 13th April 2019, 20:19   #4645  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaak View Post
My apologies in advance if this is the wrong thread to make such a request, but can someone supply a 0.7 64 bit version of Variableblur to replace the 0.5 version out there now? Thanks.
Thanks to Asd there is now a 64-bit VariableBlur v0.7 (among other plugins). See http://avisynth.nl/index.php/AviSynth%2B_x64_plugins

Source code(s) available here: http://avisynth.nl/index.php/User_talk:Asd
Old 13th April 2019, 22:07   #4646  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Many thanx Reel.Deel and especially Asd (dont seem to have D9 Account) for the x64 rendition and source.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
Old 13th April 2019, 23:49   #4647  |  Link
ChaosKing

Why not make a github organisation to keep plugins + source code organised? Like this one https://github.com/HomeOfVapourSynthEvolution
Old 17th April 2019, 01:27   #4648  |  Link
gaak

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
Many thanx Reel.Deel and especially Asd (dont seem to have D9 Account) for the x64 rendition and source.
Please add my thanks as well. My life is now complete (and so is my project).
Old 26th April 2019, 15:30   #4649  |  Link
Dogway

I made a test script to understand the new syntax for expressions but I'm having a hard time getting a grasp of it.
In the below case, I have a different behavior when working in 16 or 8 bit.

Code:
blankclip(length=1,width=700,height=480, pixel_type="YV12")
ConvertBits(16)
expr(" sx width / range_max * ", "","", scale_inputs = "none" )
#~ ConvertBits(8) # comment and uncomment

strength = string(1.1)

expr( last, " x "+strength+" scalef ^ ","","", scale_inputs = "floatf" )

edit: In case anyone's interested here's the function it works but 8b and 16b give different results (strength is not scaled correctly I think)

Code:
function Vignette(clip c, float "Vignette", bool "show") {

strength = string(Default(Vignette, 0.7))
show = Default(show, false)

a=expr( c, " sx width 2 /  - abs width 2 / / range_max * 1.5 "+strength+" 2 / + ^ range_max / 0 max ", "","", scale_inputs = "none" )
b=expr( c, " sy height 2 / - abs width 2 / / range_max * 1.5 "+strength+" 2 / + ^ range_max / 0 max ", "","", scale_inputs = "none" )

msk=expr(a,b,"x y + range_max - abs", "range_half","range_half", scale_inputs = "none" )

show ? msk : expr(msk,c,"x y * range_max / ", "y", "y", scale_inputs = "none" )

}

Also, is there an internal function similar to mt_merge() for YUV?
I could replicate it with expr() at some extent, only for luma, I could split planes but I don't know if there's a more elegant solution?
Code:
expr(video, msk,"x z range_size - abs * y z * + range_max / ","","",scale_inputs="none")

Last edited by Dogway; 26th April 2019 at 18:22.
Old 27th April 2019, 12:41   #4650  |  Link
Nico8583

Hi,
What is the difference between "https://github.com/AviSynth/AviSynthPlus/releases/download/Rel-r1576/AviSynthPlus-r1576.exe" from http://avs-plus.net/ and "https://github.com/pinterf/AviSynthPlus/releases/download/r2772-MT/AviSynthPlus-MT-r2772.exe" from https://github.com/pinterf/AviSynthPlus/releases ? Is it just one newer than the other ? Or a fork ?
Thank you.
Old 27th April 2019, 13:07   #4651  |  Link
qyot27
...?

avs-plus.net was just simply not updated much after a couple years. Even ultim released newer versions than r1576 (from the MT branch). pinterf's repo and releases are the current development HEAD, yes, and it is not a fork.
Old 27th April 2019, 14:18   #4652  |  Link
Nico8583

Thank you, so it's better to install pinterf's releases (like r2772) ?
Old 27th April 2019, 15:55   #4653  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Yes, nobody should be using r1576, unfortunately Pinterf dont have control over the first post of this thread.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
Old 27th April 2019, 16:11   #4654  |  Link
Nico8583

Thank you I try it.
Old 27th April 2019, 16:51   #4655  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Yes, nobody should be using r1576, unfortunately Pinterf dont have control over the first post of this thread.
Time for a new thread or a moderator to update the first post. I think the latter is a better option.
Old 27th April 2019, 17:07   #4656  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Moderator update of 1st post would be repeatedly required, (and the mods are so busy as is),
Pinterf has been deliberating whether or not to open new thread (since before XMAS I think),
Guess we just have to wait for the black smoke or the white smoke, to signal a decision.

Old 27th April 2019, 17:27   #4657  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Moderator update of 1st post would be repeatedly required
True, didn't consider that. So, a new thread then.
Old 27th April 2019, 17:41   #4658  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Quote:
Moderator update of 1st post would be repeatedly required, (and the mods are so busy as is),
Pinterf has been deliberating whether or not to open new thread (since before XMAS I think),
Guess we just have to wait for the black smoke or the white smoke, to signal a decision.
Yep. Unfortunately this whole thing is very confusing, 'cause most of the people who don't actually follow Doom9 end up installing the Legacy Avisynth 2.6.1 or worse, the old version of Avisynth+, thus getting compatibility issues and facing regressions without knowing why.
I wasn't very keen to move from Avisynth 2.6.1 myself even though I do follow Doom9 and I post here quite often, only 'cause everywhere else people were commenting about the stability issues and other severe bugs and I was so afraid to break my workflow that I kept Avisynth 2.6.1 'till 2017. (Stainless probably remembers the posts about my concerns).
As a matter of fact, later on, in 2017, I found out that all these "rumors" were about the "old" Avisynth+, not the (at the time current) branch maintained by Ferenc. In fact, when I switched, it not only was faster, but it also fixed some pretty particular "bugs" (more like inconsistencies to be fair) that the legacy Avisynth had and it even allowed me to finally ditch 16bit stacked/interleaved in favor of a real 16bit, it allowed me to apply LUTs, to tone-map and to do many other things that were just not possible with the legacy Avisynth.
In a nutshell, from my experience, I think that many people are misguided and end up installing the wrong/old version of Avisynth/Avisynth+ due to the lack of proper and clear documentation, which is a shame, really, for the community, so I'm totally in favor of starting a new topic and perhaps updating the Wiki and make it clear that the Ferenc's version is the only one that is still developed and that it should really be the only one to be used.

Last edited by FranceBB; 27th April 2019 at 17:44.
Old 27th April 2019, 19:45   #4659  |  Link
Dogway

Fix according, I have no clue what scale_inputs does.

Edit:Updated code in next page.

Last edited by Dogway; 28th April 2019 at 19:05.
Old 27th April 2019, 21:04   #4660  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogway View Post
I have no clue what scale_inputs does.
http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Expr