Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12th November 2013, 12:11   #18221  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
The new Quick menu is a great feature

I just had 2 issues when doing a Quick-Play Backup of an episodic BD (4 episodes + 2 selected Extras) to BD9 target:

1. The CERTIFICATE folder is missing in the reauthored file structure. I get the Bdmv folder only.
Do you have STRICT_AVCHD checked in the settings?
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 12:16   #18222  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Do you have STRICT_AVCHD checked in the settings?
No.

But now another problem: After burning to disk, one of the menu buttons does not show up on TV, and the remaining menu buttons start the wrong episode (shifted by one, due to the missing button?)

@jdobbs:
While the structure in the titles.inf in the backup\playlist folder seems clear, it appears to me that the referenced playlists does not exist as .mpls. For example:
00120 = Episode 2
=> I don't find a corresponding 00120.mpls

Could this be the cause of the problem (or do the numbers in the titles.inf not refer to playlists)?

Last edited by Sharc; 12th November 2013 at 14:11.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 14:04   #18223  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Thanks for the new features and your hard work. $100 donation on the way.
Wow is that US or CDN?!

Nice. BTW I have had some odd problems with using TMT3 to test my BD-RB backups, such as listing all subtitle and audio tracks as English. So I'm not surprised it makes mistakes with the new features.

I also have TMT5 and TMT6 that I've never installed but I guess they are broken too? Only PowerDVD11 works reliably?
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 15:09   #18224  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
The new Quick menu is a great feature

1. The CERTIFICATE folder is missing in the reauthored file structure. I get the Bdmv folder only.
I too can confirm this missing CERTIFICATE folder!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 15:29   #18225  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup
Is adding audio to the menu an option?
Can you change the position / placement of the menu buttons?
Audio: not yet but you will in the future. If you are importing from a BD, in fact, the audio is already included (along with the source menu background). Buttons: I can look at adding that, but it's a bit of a pain because I have to make adjustments to all. Letting the user is harder because of all the checks involved. Currently I have a 64 title limit implemented.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc
2. The quick menu shows the title of the Disc for episode 4 instead of my edited title for that Episode.
1. So you have "Strict AVCHD" set? 2. Hmm... I'll have to test it. But if there were only three when you edit -- it will definitely add the other using the disc name later (for example if you changed the import threshold between two starts). If the source is on hard drive you can look at the "titles.inf" file that gets created in either the source root or BDMV\BACKUP\PLAYLIST to see what is actually there.

One other thing to watch: make sure you accidentally uncheck one of the items you want to keep. I've done that a couple of times.

Last edited by jdobbs; 12th November 2013 at 15:35.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 15:37   #18226  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
No.

But now another problem: After burning to disk, one of the menu buttons does not show up on TV, and the remaining menu buttons start the wrong episode (shifted by one, due to the missing button?)

@jdobbs:
While the structure in the titles.inf in the backup\playlist folder seems clear, it appears to me that the referenced playlists does not exist as .mpls. For example:
00120 = Episode 2
=> I don't find a corresponding 00120.mpls

Could this be the cause of the problem (or do the numbers in the titles.inf not refer to playlists)?
After you import they will change to a sequentially numbered set of MPLSs. But if that isn't the case the names are exactly what BD-RB finds in the source.
Old 12th November 2013, 15:38   #18227  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
I'll look at it. But if it is an BD-5 or BD-9 it isn't generally kept.
Old 12th November 2013, 15:40   #18228  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
After burning to disk, one of the menu buttons does not show up on TV, and the remaining menu buttons start the wrong episode (shifted by one, due to the missing button?)
Can you post the titles.inf file and show me what it says compared to what you were expecting? I also need to know if it was an import from BD, from DVD, or files (they each have separate import routines).

Last edited by jdobbs; 12th November 2013 at 16:00.
Old 12th November 2013, 16:07   #18229  |  Link
jdobbs

I'm thinking that some of these reported issues may be related to changing the threshold values. Unfortunately when the threshold changes, the edits can become wrong because the list doesn't match the original. Can anyone confirm that may be the case in their report? I may have to put the threshold value into the INF file and ignore previous edits when it doesn't match.

If that isn't the case, I'd appreciate it if someone could provide me with a specific set of steps that will make a playlist be out-of-order etc so I can debug it... thanks.

Last edited by jdobbs; 12th November 2013 at 16:12.
Old 12th November 2013, 16:17   #18230  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I'm a little confused about the CERTIFICATE folder reports -- because nothing should have changed related to that. Is it missing in the IMPORT folder or in the output after a reencode? If it's the latter -- I think it has always worked that way... because AVCHD doesn't use it.

Any additional information would be appreciated

I'd like to nail all these bugs soon and get out a new release.
Old 12th November 2013, 16:44   #18231  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I'm a little confused about the CERTIFICATE folder reports -- because nothing should have changed related to that. Is it missing in the IMPORT folder or in the output after a reencode? If it's the latter -- I think it has always worked that way... because AVCHD doesn't use it.

Any additional information would be appreciated

I'd like to nail all these bugs soon and get out a new release.
Just repeated the missing CERTIFICATE folder.
I import 3 DVD compliant mpg files created from a set top DVD Recorder. These are 3 separate TV episode files.
I have "Quick-Play Backup" enabled, Strict AVCHD is not checked.
The contents of the IMPORTS folder has BDMV, CERTIFICATE and PSEUDO folders present.
After pressing backup, the newly created encoded folder only has the BDMV folder present!

Also:
The imports folder starts with episode 1, then goes to the menu upon completion.
The reencoded folder starts with the main menu.
I would like to have the main menu appear first always. Is it possible to have the Imports folder start at the main menu, or is reencoding necessary to achieve this ?

Last edited by Capsbackup; 12th November 2013 at 16:52.
Old 12th November 2013, 17:08   #18232  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Just repeated the missing CERTIFICATE folder.
I import 3 DVD compliant mpg files created from a set top DVD Recorder. These are 3 separate TV episode files.
I have "Quick-Play Backup" enabled, Strict AVCHD is not checked.
The contents of the IMPORTS folder has BDMV, CERTIFICATE and PSEUDO folders present.
After pressing backup, the newly created encoded folder only has the BDMV folder present!

Also:
The imports folder starts with episode 1, then goes to the menu upon completion.
The reencoded folder starts with the main menu.
I would like to have the main menu appear first always. Is it possible to have the Imports folder start at the main menu, or is reencoding necessary to achieve this ?
Currently I start at the menu if there are more than 3 menu items present, otherwise I start with the first playlist. It shouldn't change when you reencode. I do think I'll add an option in the Import/Quick-Play Setup dialog to either start at the menu or the first item.

It's been a long time since talking about this, but if I recall correctly, generally you don't output a CERTIFICATE folder to a BD-5 or BD-9 backup -- because there are players that won't play back a DVD+-R formatted for BD if the CERTIFICATE folder exists (along with a couple of other folders). But I was thinking I only enforced it if "Strict AVCHD" was selected (the default). I'll have to go back and look.

Last edited by jdobbs; 12th November 2013 at 17:21.
Old 12th November 2013, 17:32   #18233  |  Link
Capsbackup

Just ran another test, this time with "Full Backup" selected and "Strict AVCHD" is not checked again.
Both Imports folder and reencoded folder has both BDMV and CERTICATE folders present.
Old 12th November 2013, 17:39   #18234  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Just ran another test, this time with "Full Backup" selected and "Strict AVCHD" is not checked again.
Both Imports folder and reencoded folder has both BDMV and CERTICATE folders present.
Definitely confusing. Full Backup and Quick-Play backup both use the same code for the copy/rebuild. I'll look and see if something changed.
Old 12th November 2013, 18:46   #18235  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
I'm thinking that some of these reported issues may be related to changing the threshold values. Unfortunately when the threshold changes, the edits can become wrong because the list doesn't match the original. Can anyone confirm that may be the case in their report? I may have to put the threshold value into the INF file and ignore previous edits when it doesn't match.
Hmmm.... that could be true in my case. IIRC I played with the threshold values .....

CERTIFICATE folder: I confirm Capsbackup's findings. Something must have changed for the Quick-Play backup Scenario.
Old 12th November 2013, 19:08   #18236  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
CERTIFICATE folder: I confirm Capsbackup's findings. Something must have changed for the Quick-Play backup Scenario.
Yes it did. I've found it and fixed it. It was a line that was meant to eliminate JAR folders, etc. that have no use in a Quick-Play backup -- and CERTIFICATE got caught in the mix. I'd forgotten it was even there.

@All
Thanks, guys. I really appreciate all the testing.

Last edited by jdobbs; 12th November 2013 at 19:22.
Old 12th November 2013, 19:29   #18237  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Can you post the titles.inf file and show me what it says compared to what you were expecting? I also need to know if it was an import from BD, from DVD, or files (they each have separate import routines).
I did a Quick-Play backup from a BD and edited the menus.
The titles.inf with my edited menu text is in the \Bdmv\Backup\Playlist\ folder:
Code:
[Titles]
Title=BREAKING BAD:  Season 5 Disk 2
00084=Extra 1
00098=Extra 2
00100=
00119=Tödliche Fracht
00120=Buyout
00121=Sagen Sie meinen Namen
00122=Walt Whitman
[Position]
00084=5
00098=6
00100=0
00119=1
00120=2
00121=3
00122=4
[Selected]
00084=-1
00098=-1
00100=0
00119=-1
00120=-1
00121=-1
00122=-1
As you see, I deselected the item 00100 intentionally.
Looks all ok with the exception that this disk has no corresponding playlists in the same folder, like
00084.mpls
00098.mpls
00100.mpls
00119.mpls
00120.mpls
00121.mpls
00122.mpls
Old 12th November 2013, 19:44   #18238  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I did a Quick-Play backup from a BD and edited the menus.
The titles.inf with my edited menu text is in the \Bdmv\Backup\Playlist\ folder:

As you see, I deselected the item 00100 intentionally.
Looks all ok with the exception that this disk has no corresponding playlists in the same folder, like
00084.mpls
00098.mpls
00100.mpls
00119.mpls
00120.mpls
00121.mpls
00122.mpls
Are you saying none of those MPLS files exist in the source BDMV\PLAYLIST folder? That's where BD-RB would look for them (but, of course, per the standard there should also be a backup for each of them in the BDMV\BACKUP\PLAYLIST folder.
Old 12th November 2013, 19:51   #18239  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Are you saying none of those MPLS files exist in the source BDMV\PLAYLIST folder? That's where BD-RB would look for them (but, of course, per the standard there should also be a backup for each of them in the BDMV\BACKUP\PLAYLIST folder.
Yes, exatly this is what I am saying. Neither the BDMV\PLAYLIST nor the BDMV\BACKUP\PLAYLIST (which are identical) contains any of those MPLS. How did BD-RB "invent" those numbers ?
Old 12th November 2013, 19:52   #18240  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Yes, exatly this is what I am saying. Neither the BDMV\PLAYLIST nor the BDMV\BACKUP\PLAYLIST (which are identical) contains any of those MPLS. How did BD-RB "invent" those numbers ?
I have absolutely no idea. It scans the BDMV\PLAYLIST folder to create the list.

I'll have to check and see if there is any way that the titles.inf file from one source scan can somehow get saved into another. That's the only way I can imagine MPLS numbers being created out of thin air.

Last edited by jdobbs; 12th November 2013 at 19:55.