Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 24th June 2021, 20:26   #1  |  Link
StormMeows

Best and Easiest GUI for Blu-Ray Backup Encodes? Retain Best Quality Possible.

Hi guys,

I am feeling very overwhelmed after researching this encoding hobby to death. I will do my best to make this post as clear and concise as possible.

I want to retain as much quality as possible of the original bluray. I looked into encoding with my NVIDIA 2080 GPU, but the quality doesn't compare to what a good CPU can do. My goal is to cut down the size of my Bluray backups by at least 30% while retaining the original audio track.

I see all kinds of tutorials online using Handbrake but the users typically do not want the best quality possible, like me. I'm pretty stuck on doing x265 10-bit encodes so I can not only save space but also future proof a bit. I want a program where I can add advanced settings to improve the encode. An example of this would be the lookahead setting where the encoder can make better decisions ahead of time. Hopefully I'm not way over my head with this new hobby because I could really use the spacing savings.

I would really appreciate your guy's input on the best program for me and how to find out where to find the best advanced settings to make the encodes the best they can possibly be. I hope this all makes sense and I really hope someone can take the time to help a newbie like me. This is very overwhelming and I want to ensure I have the best possible quality backups possible, while retaining great video and the original lossless audio.

Thanks so much in advance. Your help means the world to me.
-Storm
StormMeows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2021, 20:46   #2  |  Link
jlw_4049

Honestly you'd want to use something like StaxRip or MeGui instead of handbrake.

If you could PM me I could work with you in detail.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
jlw_4049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2021, 20:51   #3  |  Link
StormMeows

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlw_4049 View Post
Honestly you'd want to use something like StaxRip or MeGui instead of handbrake.

If you could PM me I could work with you in detail.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
Thank you so much! I would greatly appreciate it! I'll PM you now.
StormMeows is offline   Reply With Quote