Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 18th December 2012, 10:55   #61  |  Link
vomanci

How about adding an option to redirect LFE (or crossover) , and gain + crossover freq. ? I hate using ffdshow audio processor just for this.
In an 5.1 environment, all the low freq. are just sent to the satellites if using internal audio switcher.
Thanks.
vomanci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 13:41   #62  |  Link
Armada
MPC-HC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksoid1978 View Post
Incorrect info at first post : Supports most types of subtitles including BD .sup files - MPC-HC do not support subtitle in .sup files;
We support them when they're muxed into the video file which is the case in BDs. I'll look into supporting them from external files sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksoid1978 View Post
If you're going to post MPC-BE builds in our thread please provide the source code for them, you are obliged to do so under the GPL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joniii View Post
I made a test version of the fullscreen controls.
http://sdrv.ms/UZ4v7C
Same goes for you Joniii, please post the source code or preferably a patch. That way we can see what has been changed and possibly integrate it into MPC-HC if we agree with the changes.

Last edited by Armada; 18th December 2012 at 13:49.
Armada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 13:55   #63  |  Link
Joniii

I'll do it via pull requests, just wanted to know if anyone thinks this kind of thing would be good, or is it just me who needs it.

Windows 10 Pro 2004 with Media Center, 2 x DVB-C with cable cards
MPC-HC (madVR, LAV Filters, XySubFilter)
Sony Bravia 85X950H/85XH95
Yamaha RX-V685
Yamaha Piano Black NS-777/555/C444/YST-SW315
Joniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 16:18   #64  |  Link
minaust

Quote:
After 2 and a half months since the last stable build, we decided to release 1.6.5.
...um, I hate to say it, but the 32-bit build locks up tight on my XP pro system. 1.6.4 works fine.

Changing renderer seems to toggle between lockup/hard lockup/closure. Any ideas? All I did was replace the 1.6.4 executable and icon library with the new.

Last edited by minaust; 18th December 2012 at 16:28. Reason: More info
minaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 17:38   #65  |  Link
cengizhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armada View Post
Have you enabled any formats? (the button should be grayed out if you haven't)

Have you tried pressing the "Modify" button to get elevated privileges before pressing the "Set Default Programs" button? (it worked without elevated privileges for me)
i have found the reason. i am using qttabbar for tabbed explorer. if i close all explorer windows then 'windows 8' button opens that page with mpc-hc visible at the top.
if there is any existing explorer window, windows 8 button gives an error and opens a blank set default programs page.
cengizhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 18:07   #66  |  Link
Armada
MPC-HC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaust View Post
...um, I hate to say it, but the 32-bit build locks up tight on my XP pro system. 1.6.4 works fine.

Changing renderer seems to toggle between lockup/hard lockup/closure. Any ideas? All I did was replace the 1.6.4 executable and icon library with the new.
I haven't found such issues on my virtual XP SP3 installation. Are you running Service Pack 3 and have you tried updating DirectX?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cengizhan View Post
i have found the reason. i am using qttabbar for tabbed explorer. if i close all explorer windows then 'windows 8' button opens that page with mpc-hc visible at the top.
if there is any existing explorer window, windows 8 button gives an error and opens a blank set default programs page.
This is an issue with qttabbar then. We're just using the recommended way of opening that page.

Last edited by Armada; 18th December 2012 at 19:12.
Old 19th December 2012, 02:00   #67  |  Link
minaust

Quote:
I haven't found such issues on my virtual XP SP3 installation. Are you running Service Pack 3 and have you tried updating DirectX?
Yes to both. Keep in mind that 1.6.4 worked/works fine. Interesting note: I replaced the 1.6.5 executable with 1.6.4. Now 1.6.4 hung up. I'd previously exported the MPC registry settings to a .reg file. I wiped MPC from my registry and restored that. 1.6.4 was happy again.
Old 19th December 2012, 04:20   #68  |  Link
73ChargerFan

Can this be added to the first post of this thread, for reference purposes?

Link to the old thread, 20477 posts over 5 1/2 years:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=123537
73ChargerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2012, 09:11   #69  |  Link
vBm
MPC-HC Helper xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73ChargerFan View Post
Can this be added to the first post of this thread, for reference purposes?

Link to the old thread, 20477 posts over 5 1/2 years:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=123537
It's there in the very first sentence. But i'll add it to Links as well.
Old 19th December 2012, 10:21   #70  |  Link
Armada
MPC-HC Developer

Quote:
Yes to both. Keep in mind that 1.6.4 worked/works fine. Interesting note: I replaced the 1.6.5 executable with 1.6.4. Now 1.6.4 hung up. I'd previously exported the MPC registry settings to a .reg file. I wiped MPC from my registry and restored that. 1.6.4 was happy again.
Try running 1.6.5 again and afterwards export the registery key and post both the old and the new registery settings. Then we can compare the differences and see what breaks it.
Old 19th December 2012, 14:58   #71  |  Link
minaust

Quote:
Try running 1.6.5 again and afterwards export the registery key and post both the old and the new registery settings. Then we can compare the differences and see what breaks it.
Will do, but it'll be a day. Meanwhile, does this help?
Attached Images

Old 19th December 2012, 20:07   #72  |  Link
Armada
MPC-HC Developer

Quote:
Will do, but it'll be a day. Meanwhile, does this help?
Do you have a dump file? If one was made it should be located in "%APPDATA%\Media Player Classic"
Old 19th December 2012, 20:23   #73  |  Link
minaust

Quote:
Do you have a dump file? If one was made it should be located in "%APPDATA%\Media Player Classic"
Ok, here 'tis....

Screen before that one had "minidump" then some non-text characters then an "OK" button.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z MPC-HC.exe.1.6.5.6366.dmp.7z (14.4 KB, 91 views)
Old 20th December 2012, 04:06   #74  |  Link
73ChargerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBm View Post
It's there in the very first sentence. But i'll add it to Links as well.
Thanks, I didn't see it in the first sentence (now I do)
Next request:
There are so many renderer & vsync options, could the optimal settings for each type of video card be listed in the first post? E.g., nvidia, ati/amd 1200-4800, intel G40, current intel integrated, etc.

I don't know if they're hard coded into mpc-hc - there's a reset option, but I don't know if it is specific to each chipset. I always seem to have to twiddle with the settings on new installs, and I can never remember what works best. Also, I thought Accurate VSync was abandoned, but I just saw it enabled on one of my installs.

Thanks everyone for continuing development on this.
73ChargerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2012, 19:45   #75  |  Link
ArchCarrier

Would it be possible to add a command line switch to play the main feature on a DVD? Skip the warning screens, trailers, menus, and jump directly to the longest title on the disc.
ArchCarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2012, 19:56   #76  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Then you would have to tell the player to play which title or which PGC, exactly by number.

It is not necessarily the same on all DVDs.

You can not even be certain that the PGC with the longest playtime is always the one you want to watch.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2012, 20:02   #77  |  Link
ArchCarrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Then you would have to tell the player to play which title or which PGC, exactly by number.
It is not necessarily the same on all DVDs.
That's exactly why I'd like MPC to figure it out for me: if it was always title 1, it's already possible with the command line (using /dvdpos 1#1). HandbrakeCLI and AnyDVD have the option to directly jump to the main feature, and I also have a stand-alone player that does it, so it can't be that hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
You can not even be certain that the PGC with the longest playtime is always the one you want to watch.
For movie DVDs it will be the longest title 99.9% of the time. You don't have to use it, it would just be very handy if the option was there.

Last edited by ArchCarrier; 20th December 2012 at 20:06.
ArchCarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2012, 20:38   #78  |  Link
Armada
MPC-HC Developer

Quote:
Ok, here 'tis....

Screen before that one had "minidump" then some non-text characters then an "OK" button.
I've looked at the minidump, it crashes while trying to create the renderer. But it happens deep in the system, so I have no clear indication why it fails. So since 1.6.4 also fails after 1.6.5 changed the settings I'd like to see if something unexpected has changed. Could you upload those registery files?
Old 20th December 2012, 20:46   #79  |  Link
vomanci

Quote:
Originally Posted by vomanci View Post
How about adding an option to redirect LFE (or crossover) , and gain + crossover freq. ? I hate using ffdshow audio processor just for this.
In an 5.1 environment, all the low freq. are just sent to the satellites if using internal audio switcher.
Thanks.
Any answer to this qustion?
vomanci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2012, 10:51   #80  |  Link
boyumeow

Quote:

If you're going to post MPC-BE builds in our thread please provide the source code for them, you are obliged to do so under the GPL.

Just FYI,

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexins View Post
After the publication of the MPC-BE 1.1.3.0 we open free access to our svn repository.
and have a happy holiday everyday.
boyumeow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dxva, media player classic, mpc, mpc-hc