Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 30th May 2016, 14:05   #24261  |  Link
gamete

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
1. No.
2. No.
3. No.

Just install it (see the first post of this thread).

If i install LAV how set bd rebuilder ?
I read the first post but i dont know how to set bdrebuilder in decoding/frame serving option

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hPQBi48Pyr...les.org-03.png
gamete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 14:40   #24262  |  Link
jdobbs

If you install LAV filters (after FFDSHOW) it will be used when you select DirectShowSource().
Old 30th May 2016, 14:48   #24263  |  Link
gamete

Quote:
If you install LAV filters (after FFDSHOW) it will be used when you select DirectShowSource().

Then if i install LAV.....FFDshow is Unnecessary ?

But what do you.advice in decoding/frame serving option independently da FFDSHOW or LAV ?

when to use the other option in.decoding/frame serving option ?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hPQBi48Pyr...les.org-03.png

EDIT

when to use one of 4 option ?

ps this picture is example
not my configuration

Last edited by gamete; 30th May 2016 at 15:09.
Old 30th May 2016, 15:36   #24264  |  Link
jdobbs

FFDSHOW will no longer be needed for BD-RB -- I'm not sure if there is any other software on your computer that might use it.

Use the DirectshowSource() option... the "Use X264's internal..." choice is for LAVF (which is embedded in X264). Using that selection will limit your options because it no longer utilizes AVISYNTH.
Old 30th May 2016, 15:55   #24265  |  Link
gamete

Quote:
FFDSHOW will no longer be needed for BD-RB -- I'm not sure if there is any other software on your computer that might use it.

Use the DirectshowSource() option... the "Use X264's internal..." choice is for LAVF (which is embedded in X264). Using that selection will limit your options because it no longer utilizes AVISYNTH.
then the best choice is the "DirectshowSource option" ?
so far I have used "Use X264's internal ..."

anothers doubt

1)here
the set is correct ?

2) i use win7 64bit
you write "If you installed HAALI/FFDSHOW< Setup VC-1 decoding in the same way you did MPEG-2 in step 2B. For Vista or Windows 7+ using "Video Decoder Configuration" -- select "wmv9".

for win7 i must set VC1 "libavcodec" like a mpeg2 or wm9 ?

THANKS
Old 30th May 2016, 18:41   #24266  |  Link
varekai

Quote:

Eager to learn...
Always kept the "Use X264's internal LAVF for frame serving" box ticked.
Could you give a brief explanation what limitations I may encounter?
I have no problems with BDRB, it works very well for me so I'm just curious if I should change my settings.
I installed the helper tools as of your instructions.

Thanks!
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 20:04   #24267  |  Link
jdobbs

Some resizing won't work. No inverse telecining. No filters can be used. Lots more. Anything that requires AVISYNTH would be unavailable.
Old 31st May 2016, 00:48   #24268  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Some resizing won't work. No inverse telecining. No filters can be used. Lots more. Anything that requires AVISYNTH would be unavailable.
Hmmm, that's curious...

I always use the LAVF setting, and yet, when resizing is necessary (add borders, etc.) or if I have entered AVS instructions and checked that box, everything works just fine. The ONLY thing is that in MY case, I get that funny prompt when AVS is called. Maybe I'm misunderstanding this...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2016, 02:33   #24269  |  Link
jdobbs

That's because I've added some checks so that sometimes when you select "extended" features BD-RB will automatically switch to DirectshowSource() rather than LAVF/X264 (when LAV or FFDSHOW is installed).
Old 31st May 2016, 05:21   #24270  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
That's because I've added some checks so that sometimes when you select "extended" features BD-RB will automatically switch to DirectshowSource() rather than LAVF/X264 (when LAV or FFDSHOW is installed).
Hey, that's great. Nice touch mate... You've thought of everything!

Now... if you could just get it to look like Sandra Bullock...
Old 31st May 2016, 05:57   #24271  |  Link
Lathe

Hey, I want to compile about 40 gigs of episodes using the Import function, but I think I asked about this before, each episode has the DTS core audio @1500 which I would LIKE to keep if possible. But, if I remember correctly, I THINK BDRB automatically converts the audio to AC3 @640 which I DON'T want. I THINK it does this because the DTS core itself is not a BD standard, right?

But, is there any way for me to have BDRB compile the episodes and compress them and KEEP the DTS audio @1500?

Hmmm, actually I just checked and it looks like my only choice is AC3 @448...

No way to get 640 at least if I can't keep the DTS...?

Thanks!

Last edited by Lathe; 31st May 2016 at 06:19.
Old 31st May 2016, 07:56   #24272  |  Link
gamete

Sorry @jdobbs can you reply at. http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...ostcount=24266 ?
Old 31st May 2016, 11:01   #24273  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Hey, I want to compile about 40 gigs of episodes using the Import function, but I think I asked about this before, each episode has the DTS core audio @1500 which I would LIKE to keep if possible. But, if I remember correctly, I THINK BDRB automatically converts the audio to AC3 @640 which I DON'T want. I THINK it does this because the DTS core itself is not a BD standard, right?
All of the DTS formats are allowed with Blu-Ray. Hell, even DTS Atmos and DTS-X are allowed with Blu-ray, even though they didn't exist when the Blu-ray standard was cast. So, I'm confused as to why any of the Dolby or DTS formats couldn't be used with BDRB.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2016, 11:01   #24274  |  Link
varekai

@jdobbs
Quote:
Then I think I'm good because all I mostly do is encode a BD (movie only) to fit a BD-R 25GB.
Made some smaller mkv's (10GB) that came out in perfect quality.

Quote:
That's a nice feature I didn't know about.
Looks like I will keep my settings as they are.

Thanks!
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2016, 12:59   #24275  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:

But, is there any way for me to have BDRB compile the episodes and compress them and KEEP the DTS audio @1500?

Hmmm, actually I just checked and it looks like my only choice is AC3 @448...

No way to get 640 at least if I can't keep the DTS...?

Thanks!
You must be thinking of a discussion on AVCHD -- which doesn't support DTS. BD format supports DTS.

I don't see an issue with what you're attempting to do. During import BD-RB will convert the audio only when it is required in order to meet BD standards. When you reencode (assuming you must) the default is to use AC3 -- but your settings will dictate whether any conversion is performed.
Old 31st May 2016, 21:17   #24276  |  Link
worknstiff

@ Lathe RE: each episode has the DTS core audio @1500 which I would LIKE to keep if possible.

If you are creating a BD25 project then BD Rebuilder will keep the DTS "CORE" intact when you leave the check in "Do not convert DTS to AC3 box) and take it out of the "Keep HD Audio for BD25/Alternate intact". Or at least that's what happens when I create a Blu ray folder with BD Rebuilder. Hell it will even keep the DTS core for a DVD DL movie only output if you use the "Do not convert DTS" checked and full-backup, or movie-only and "Strict AVCHD" is not checked: When the source is DTS, the DTS core is extracted and used intact (bit-for-bit).

Last edited by worknstiff; 31st May 2016 at 21:24.
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2016, 05:03   #24277  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknstiff View Post
@ Lathe RE: each episode has the DTS core audio @1500 which I would LIKE to keep if possible.

If you are creating a BD25 project then BD Rebuilder will keep the DTS "CORE" intact when you leave the check in "Do not convert DTS to AC3 box) and take it out of the "Keep HD Audio for BD25/Alternate intact". Or at least that's what happens when I create a Blu ray folder with BD Rebuilder. Hell it will even keep the DTS core for a DVD DL movie only output if you use the "Do not convert DTS" checked and full-backup, or movie-only and "Strict AVCHD" is not checked: When the source is DTS, the DTS core is extracted and used intact (bit-for-bit).
Oh yeah... I think I remember now. Thanks too JD for your comments. I think what the deal was before when I asked was that I was making a BD9 and I THINK what was said was, as you mention above, I need to uncheck the 'Strict AVCHD' But, now that I think of it, I don't think I've compiled episodes on a full BD25 before, so probably what you say is right, I just need the 'Do not convert DTS to AC3' box checked (I always leave the keep HD audio checked for Blu-rays anyway) and that should work.

Heh, I tried it anyway, and the bloody thing would have taken like over 25 hours, so I just cancelled it. I was TRYING to take 10 4 Gig episodes and compress them down to a BD25, which I've not done before. I guess that just takes a CRAPLOAD of time to do properly, so I don't suppose I will be doing that now...

Thanks though!
Old 1st June 2016, 06:23   #24278  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
Heh, I tried it anyway, and the bloody thing would have taken like over 25 hours, so I just cancelled it. I was TRYING to take 10 4 Gig episodes and compress them down to a BD25, which I've not done before. I guess that just takes a CRAPLOAD of time to do properly, so I don't suppose I will be doing that now...

Thanks though!
Number of frames/run time will play a role in the total encode time I've done compression like that in the past with anime. Anime is HIGHLY compressible. Given the simple color space
Old 1st June 2016, 07:21   #24279  |  Link
gamete

Sorry @jdobbs can you reply at. http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...ostcount=24266 ?

Last edited by gamete; 1st June 2016 at 07:24.
Old 1st June 2016, 10:42   #24280  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Heh, I tried it anyway, and the bloody thing would have taken like over 25 hours, so I just cancelled it. I was TRYING to take 10 4 Gig episodes and compress them down to a BD25
Ya, that makes sense. I do a lot of x264 encoding and the amount of time per re-encode would be about the number of hours you mention, if I were to do 10 of them.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote