Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 22nd September 2019, 14:47   #1861  |  Link
Lowpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover View Post
Are you gonna tell us how you did it?
Sure, I'll be happy to. I'll work up a little something and chime back in.
Lowpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2019, 21:26   #1862  |  Link
Lowpro

Hi musiclover. I created a quick video of how this was done. See here and enjoy!

Last edited by Lowpro; 22nd January 2022 at 12:38.
Old 24th September 2019, 11:10   #1863  |  Link
musiclover

Thank you Lowpro. That is an excellent tutorial.
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2020, 17:56   #1864  |  Link
Lowpro

I have another "Quick-Play" feature request I thought I'd suggest. It could be added as a hidden option for use with the BDREBUILDER.INI file. Details on said feature request provided below.

Currently only one "Menu Background Picture" is supported for a given Blu-ray menu. I'd love to see a hidden option added, so one could designate a unique menu background per page. Something like the below.

MENU_BACKGROUND=D:\BD_Rebuilder\Resources\ncis_s06_p1.png (Current option.)
MENU_BACKGROUND_PAGE_2=D:\BD_Rebuilder\Resources\ncis_s06_p2.png (Feature request.)

In the above example the default menu background is used for Page 1, a different menu background being used for Page 2 and so forth. If the Blu-ray menu consisted of only one page or the given page didn't exist the "MENU_BACKGROUND_PAGE_x" line item(s) would be ignored where applicable.

That being said, I do employ a workaround for this currently. When creating a "Quick-Play" backup I just overwrite the menu background image after the menu background is encoded for Page 1, but before the menu background is encoded for Page 2.
Quote:
- Creating Quick-Play Menu...
- Encoding menu background [1]...
- Building menu structure [1]...

(The moment the above log event is displayed I overwrite the menu background image with the one I want used for Page 2.)

- Encoding menu background [2]...
- Building menu structure [2]...
That being said, below are some examples of unique menu background images per page where I deployed the above workaround. My goal was for the "MENU_BACKDROP" to have the same width from page to page, irrespective of the normal rule which sets the width of the menu backdrop for a given page based on the longest title selection contained on that page.

To accomplish the below I set the "MENU_BACKDROP_OPACITY" to "0=Transparent", then adding my own menu backdrops to the actual menu background images instead, the last step being to overwrite the default menu background image (used for Page 1) with the one I wanted to use for Page 2 when the time came as described above.

In any event, see the examples below. They turned out great I think. I find the below a nice improvement over how I was working these up prior as everything to the right of the DVD cover image is centered up beautifully now from top to bottom and from page to page. Perfect symmetry. Gotta love it!

NCIS: The Sixth Season

NCIS: The Seventh Season

NCIS: The Eighth Season

NCIS: The Ninth Season

NCIS: The Tenth Season

NCIS: The Eleventh Season

NCIS: The Thirteenth Season

NCIS: The Fourteenth Season

NCIS: The Fifteenth Season

NCIS: The Sixteenth Season

Last edited by Lowpro; 10th April 2020 at 04:01.
Old 30th March 2020, 12:45   #1865  |  Link
jdobbs

I can do that. I'll probably just make it automatic. So if you select a menu background it will use it... but if there is another file with, say, an extension of some type -- it will look for it. I've done this for other things. For example:

The background image is "BACKGROUND_IMAGE.JPG"

For the first page it would always use "BACKGROUND_IMAGE.JPG"
For pages 2-x (for example) it would look for another jpg, but if it is not there it defaults to the first page.

So for page 2 it would look for "BACKGROUND_IMAGE_2.JPG" and if it exists it would use it, if not, it would use "BACKGROUND_IMAGE.JPG"

I may play with the name a little to see what works best, but you get where I'm coming from.
Old 30th March 2020, 14:14   #1866  |  Link
Lowpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I can do that. I'll probably just make it automatic. So if you select a menu background it will use it... but if there is another file with, say, an extension of some type -- it will look for it. I've done this for other things. For example:

For pages 2-x (for example) it would look for another jpg, but if it is not there it defaults to the first page.

So for page 2 it would look for "BACKGROUND_IMAGE_2.JPG" and if it exists it would use it, if not, it would use "BACKGROUND_IMAGE.JPG"

I may play with the name a little to see what works best, but you get where I'm coming from.
Thanks for the reply. It's much appreciated and yes, I get where you're coming from. The implementation you described is very simple. Sounds great. And thanks again for this wonderful program. I'm a huge fan of the "Quick-Play" feature if you couldn't tell. It really is awesome. Expect another donation from me in the coming months.
Old 10th April 2020, 02:43   #1867  |  Link
Lowpro

It would be awesome if BD Rebuilder offered a "Quick-Play" menu option specifically for the creation of "Double Feature" discs, i.e. a disc containing only 2 titles. The menu would contain two buttons, each button being 960x1080, the given button only being visible when selected. The first button would highlight the left side of the screen for selecting the first title. The second button would highlight the right side of the screen for selecting the second title. The menu background would be used to call out what each of the titles were. Example below, in this case two versions of the same film though this feature could be used for two completely different films naturally.

When neither title is selected:

When the first title is selected:

When the second title is selected:

As far as the implementation, I could see there being a setting for the INI file per enabling the "Double Feature" QP menu option. When enabled, the normal QP functionality would not apply. There would also be settings for determining the color and opacity of the buttons, i.e. the highlight. In any event, I've had this on my wishlist for quite a while now. Thought it was a pretty cool idea, so I thought I'd share. I own a few retail "Double Feature" Blu-ray's that have menus similar to this. Could see this becoming a very popular feature.

Last edited by Lowpro; 22nd January 2022 at 10:38.
Old 23rd April 2020, 18:11   #1868  |  Link
ggtop

Edit Mode

Hi jdobbs,

is it please possible to add Hotkeys for context menu entries "Preview this item" and "Blank this item" when in edit mode?

Today I wanted to use this great feature and was tired from clicking :-)

In the meantime I figured out that there is a Setting called "BLANK_THRESHOLD" which I hadn't in my config. Will try that next.

Thanks and Keep healthy,
ggtop
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2020, 12:15   #1869  |  Link
musiclover

Quote:

Is this feature implemented already?
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2020, 15:39   #1870  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

https://github.com/domyd/mlp

Would that be something that is useful to BD-RB once it irons out some bugs?

//LD
LowDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2020, 09:51   #1871  |  Link
tebasuna51

If you want test mlp.exe use the version here: https://github.com/domyd/mlp/actions/runs/120022192

And you can select the stream to extract, now the official release only extract the first thd stream.
Old 2nd August 2020, 17:19   #1872  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Is it possible for Movie Only backups that BD-Rebuilder can add the Source info into the INF? Currently it only shows the disc volume label.

Like for example.. the Entry in the BD-RB log shows....
Source: FINDING_DORY_00800 can that be added to the INF?
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2020, 13:59   #1873  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
Is it possible for Movie Only backups that BD-Rebuilder can add the Source info into the INF? Currently it only shows the disc volume label.

Like for example.. the Entry in the BD-RB log shows....
Source: FINDING_DORY_00800 can that be added to the INF?
Not sure I understand. The source information is already in the INF. For example, in the FINDING_DORY.INF file you would find an entry called:

[00800]

...with data related to that source following it.
Old 8th August 2020, 15:25   #1874  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
Not sure I understand. The source information is already in the INF. For example, in the FINDING_DORY.INF file you would find an entry called:

[00800]

...with data related to that source following it.
I'm probably going to do a bad job explaining this. Sorry.

Let me try with Spies In Disguise as the example...

BD-RB Log...
Code:
[08/03/20] BD Rebuilder v0.61.09
[08:32:12] Source:  SPIES_IN_DISGUISE_00857
  - Input BD size: 14.27 GB
  - Approximate total content: [01:57:37.050]
  - Windows Version: 6.2 [9200]
  - MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
  - Mode: MKV Container, 1920x1080, Intact Audio
  - Quality: High Quality (Default)
  - Decoding/Frame serving: DGDecNV
  - Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
- Resuming from previously started job.
[08:32:14] PHASE ONE, Encoding
 - [08:32:14] Processing: VID_02975 (1 of 1)
 - [08:32:14] Reencoding video [VID_02975]
   - Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 169,200 frames
 - [08:32:14] Reencoding: VID_02975, Pass 1 of 1
 - [08:40:05] Video Encode complete
 - [08:40:05] Processing audio tracks
   - Track 4352 (eng): Keeping original audio
[08:40:05]PHASE ONE complete
[08:40:05]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
 - [08:40:05] Building ALTERNATE OUTPUT Structure
[08:44:06] - Encode and Rebuild complete
[08:44:07] JOB: SPIES_IN_DISGUISE finished.
The resulting .INF
Code:
[Status]
LABEL=SPIES_IN_DISGUISE
VERSION=v0.61.09
SOURCE_SIZE=15317760000
SOURCE_VIDEO_SIZE=15317760000
TARGET_SIZE=24641536000
REDUCTION=1.6086905657224
RESIZE_1080=0
RESIZE_1440=0
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=-1
SUBS_TO_KEEP=eng;
BACKUP_MODE=1
MOVIEONLY_TYPE=11
USE_LAVF=0
INSTANCES=1
DGDECNV=-1
DGDECIM=0
FRIMSOURCE=0
FFMS2=0
SSIF_MODE=0
UHD_V3_MODE=0
QUICK=0
ENCODE_STEP=0
COMPLETED=1
REBUILD_COMPLETE=1
[02975]
AUDIO=1
PGS=100
APULLDOWN=0
S1440=0
VIDEO2=0
V2MBRATE=0
M2TS_TARGET=24641536000
NSIZE=0
FLINK=0
MLINK=0
So it looks like the VID_XXX that gets encoded is captured in the INF, and it appears that "Source: SPIES_IN_DISGUISE_00857" which is displayed on screen and captured in the log is indicating the disc volume/label and playlist that was selected for rebuilding.

In the case of Spies, I didn't realize there were two versions of the film, and that BD-RB picked the "super secret" version of the film when making the MKV. We didn't find out until we went to watch the movie for the first time (using the MKV via Plex). I had to then go back and re-encode it.

I've had this happen on other movies too that have multiple play lists.

Having the "SPIES_IN_DISGUISE_00857" also included in the INF, would help when going back to know which play list was selected before, so that I know which one to NOT pick when doing it again.
Old 11th August 2020, 04:15   #1875  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
I'm probably going to do a bad job explaining this. Sorry.

Let me try with Spies In Disguise as the example...

BD-RB Log...

So it looks like the VID_XXX that gets encoded is captured in the INF, and it appears that "Source: SPIES_IN_DISGUISE_00857" which is displayed on screen and captured in the log is indicating the disc volume/label and playlist that was selected for rebuilding.

In the case of Spies, I didn't realize there were two versions of the film, and that BD-RB picked the "super secret" version of the film when making the MKV. We didn't find out until we went to watch the movie for the first time (using the MKV via Plex). I had to then go back and re-encode it.

I've had this happen on other movies too that have multiple play lists.

Having the "SPIES_IN_DISGUISE_00857" also included in the INF, would help when going back to know which play list was selected before, so that I know which one to NOT pick when doing it again.
Ok. I see what you are saying. You want the PLAYLIST used recorded as well. The only complicating factor is that the INF would also exist for a full backup -- which isn't a specific playlist. I guess I could look at adding an entry to the [Status] area that might say MOVIE_ONLY_PLAYLIST=00857 (or something like that) when the output is movie-only.
Old 12th August 2020, 18:09   #1876  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
Ok. I see what you are saying. You want the PLAYLIST used recorded as well. The only complicating factor is that the INF would also exist for a full backup -- which isn't a specific playlist. I guess I could look at adding an entry to the [Status] area that might say MOVIE_ONLY_PLAYLIST=00857 (or something like that) when the output is movie-only.
Yes. That would be cool, IF you can add it.

I know there are other things you're working on... and this would be a "nice to have" not necessity.

Thank you
Old 13th August 2020, 21:17   #1877  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover View Post
Quote:

Is this feature implemented already?
I've implemented this feature for the next release. It works just like I mentioned above.

Sorry it took so long. I meant to do it a while back... but I just forgot about it.
Old 16th August 2020, 22:18   #1878  |  Link
Lowpro

Quote:
I've implemented this feature for the next release. It works just like I mentioned above.

Sorry it took so long. I meant to do it a while back... but I just forgot about it.
Excellent news. Thanks!
Old 13th September 2020, 18:16   #1879  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Had an idea and just wanted to throw it out there. I haven't searched the thread so if it has been suggested already please ignore.

On UHD disc where there's extras that are in AVC/h264. Would it be possible to have an option in the setup menu to convert these to HEVC with either x265 or NVEncC, depending on what encoder that have been selected?
For example on UHD of Waterworld where main movie is UHD version (135mins) and as extra there is the extended version (180mins) in 1080p AVC. I think there's some efficiency that can be made here with a switch to HEVC.

Thoughts, anyone?

//LD
LowDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2020, 17:32   #1880  |  Link
SquallMX
Special SeeD

Can you add a hidden option to remove the DolbyVision layer.
SquallMX is offline   Reply With Quote