Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 3rd October 2020, 01:00   #1881  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowDead View Post
Had an idea and just wanted to throw it out there. I haven't searched the thread so if it has been suggested already please ignore.

On UHD disc where there's extras that are in AVC/h264. Would it be possible to have an option in the setup menu to convert these to HEVC with either x265 or NVEncC, depending on what encoder that have been selected?
For example on UHD of Waterworld where main movie is UHD version (135mins) and as extra there is the extended version (180mins) in 1080p AVC. I think there's some efficiency that can be made here with a switch to HEVC.

Thoughts, anyone?

//LD
I'll look at it. I'm already looking at adding a feature where a standard 1080p disc can be reencoded to H265 in the format of a UHD disc (1080p is also supported in the UHD standard).
Old 3rd October 2020, 01:01   #1882  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquallMX View Post
Can you add a hidden option to remove the DolbyVision layer.
I should be able to do that -- but let me take a look at it before I promise anything.
Old 1st December 2020, 03:40   #1883  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Hello. Are you willing to add a hidden option to enable MULTIPROCESS again? For now I'm using 0.61.13 only for processing MKVs made by BD-RB to rerender some of my collection to small files again to MKV. My current Ryzen 3600 is faster than my GeForce GTX 780 using the nVIDIA rerender you added. The MULTIPROCESS is still viable.
Old 2nd December 2020, 15:10   #1884  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
Hello. Are you willing to add a hidden option to enable MULTIPROCESS again? For now I'm using 0.61.13 only for processing MKVs made by BD-RB to rerender some of my collection to small files again to MKV. My current Ryzen 3600 is faster than my GeForce GTX 780 using the nVIDIA rerender you added. The MULTIPROCESS is still viable.
Yes. It should be available in the next release. It won't apply to UHD sources or to NVENC encodes, however.

Last edited by jdobbs; 2nd December 2020 at 15:16.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2020, 17:45   #1885  |  Link
Weirdo

When using the FORCE_ENCODE=1 hidden option, the "You have selected x output for a source with a fairly significant content." prompt appears. If I am correct in believing it to be superfluous, perhaps it could be skipped/removed?
Old 5th December 2020, 04:36   #1886  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Yes. It should be available in the next release. It won't apply to UHD sources or to NVENC encodes, however.
I'm very, very cool with Blu-ray. Or rather 1080P. Everything looks great, even pimples..which I didn't see with DVD - haha! I could understand why I might want to re-encode Phone videos (UHD), but...those are always smaller than BD and so on(, riiiight?).
Outside of BD, if someone wants MP...then much newer hardware is going to be required which is why you typed before that MULIPROCESS is becoming obsolete. Correct?

I'm curious.. If UHD Is Not the reason for MULTIPROCESS to become obsolete...what is? I can see UHD using the advantage of MP. Disregarding the need for storage. Which will become greater as M.2 NVMe becomes more widely accepted. Maybe I'm missing something..? I went M.2 with my Ryzen but it was several months after.

Anyway, Appreciation!!
Old 4th January 2021, 22:59   #1887  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
I'm very, very cool with Blu-ray. Or rather 1080P. Everything looks great, even pimples..which I didn't see with DVD - haha! I could understand why I might want to re-encode Phone videos (UHD), but...those are always smaller than BD and so on(, riiiight?).
Outside of BD, if someone wants MP...then much newer hardware is going to be required which is why you typed before that MULIPROCESS is becoming obsolete. Correct?

I'm curious.. If UHD Is Not the reason for MULTIPROCESS to become obsolete...what is? I can see UHD using the advantage of MP. Disregarding the need for storage. Which will become greater as M.2 NVMe becomes more widely accepted. Maybe I'm missing something..? I went M.2 with my Ryzen but it was several months after.

Anyway, Appreciation!!
I added the code to reenable MULTIPROCESS for the next release. It turned out to be a bit more involved than I'd initially hoped.

The reason it was disabled (in addition to my belief that it was no longer accomplishing anything) was because BD-RB started using the newer TSMUXER version as the default. There were changes in the file naming convention for multipart sources in the new TSMUXER.
Old 11th July 2021, 15:53   #1888  |  Link
SquallMX
Special SeeD

Could you add using DGIndexNV as decoder when encoding UHD using x265?
SquallMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2022, 21:50   #1889  |  Link
Weirdo

An option to "extract all streams first"? This way, the source would soon not be required - helpful if it's an external device.

Also, it'd separate more clearly the extraction and encoding steps, and reveal possible source issues early in the process.
Old 11th September 2022, 11:51   #1890  |  Link
musiclover

Within NVENCC v0.10.7 (is this the latest version ??) it is possible to reencode the video and leave the audio intact. It would be nice to also have the ability to reencode the audio but keep the video intact.
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2022, 13:38   #1891  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Within NVENCC v0.10.7 (is this the latest version ??) it is possible to reencode the video and leave the audio intact
Yes, just select intact audio
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2022, 09:05   #1892  |  Link
musiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Yes, just select intact audio
Read again..... I want the video intact and the audio reencoded
Old 12th September 2022, 10:48   #1893  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover View Post
Read again..... I want the video intact and the audio reencoded
Don't think there are any options for intact video
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2022, 08:17   #1894  |  Link
musiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Don't think there are any options for intact video
That's why this thread is called 'Feature Requests'
Old 1st October 2022, 10:14   #1895  |  Link
musiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover View Post
Within NVENCC v0.10.7 (is this the latest version ??) it is possible to reencode the video and leave the audio intact. It would be nice to also have the ability to reencode the audio but keep the video intact.
Just a reminder of my request
Old 1st October 2022, 11:57   #1896  |  Link
Ian1182

If you wish to retain intact video just set the output size larger than input. For example on a 50GB Bluray, set the "custom target size" to be 90000 in the setup option. That seems to work for me. That does of course mean all video streams are left untouched. Or is your request for a selectable video to be untouched but the remainder processed?
Ian1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2022, 17:42   #1897  |  Link
musiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian1182 View Post
If you wish to retain intact video just set the output size larger than input. For example on a 50GB Bluray, set the "custom target size" to be 90000 in the setup option. That seems to work for me. That does of course mean all video streams are left untouched. Or is your request for a selectable video to be untouched but the remainder processed?
Read again please.... My request has nothing to do with BDRB. It is a request for NVENCCRE.
Old 2nd October 2022, 10:11   #1898  |  Link
Ian1182

OK, my mistake
Ian1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2022, 01:37   #1899  |  Link
mikeonecl

there are any way to diferentiate subs forced
mikeonecl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2022, 09:21   #1900  |  Link
musiclover

Quote: