Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 6th November 2009, 03:54   #5861  |  Link
VistaVick

Well, after successfully reencoding angels and demons blu-ray to a 22.46 gb target size a few days ago, under windows 7 64 bit I can not get the program to use ffdshow with the drag me to hell UK bluray with the same settings and target size.

It keeps trying to load ffms2.dll apparantly because it cant find ffdshow. Ffdshow does not show up in the background. Yet, it had no problems loading ffdshow with angels and demons. And it still doesn't as I just tried reencoding angels and demons again.

I did encode drag me to hell letting it use ffms2.dll, it completed, but the audio/video sync was horribly out of whack, while angels and demons was perfect.

I've tried various settings with sharks win 7 codec pack with no luck, all the similiar mpeg/mkv file types play correctly with ffdshow.

Here is the log, I aborted it myself this time:

[21:37:56] BD Rebuilder v0.31.01 (beta)
- Source: DRAG_ME_TO_HELL
- Input BD size: 45.67 GB
- Approximate total content: [03:55:52.096]
- Target BD size: 22.46 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=1 Kbs=640
[21:37:56] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [21:37:56] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00078]
- [21:38:01] Reencoding: VID_00078 (1 of 19)
- Switching to FFMS2.DLL for decoding.
[21:39:16]PHASE ONE aborted by user request
VistaVick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 04:13   #5862  |  Link
Capsbackup

The more posts I read about the adventures of Windows 7, the more content I become with XP.
I know jdobbs has reported no problems, at least yet, with his upgrade, but there sure seems to be plenty that do not have this experience.
I continue to have no problems with my setup, so for this computer that does my BD backups, it will stay as is!!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 04:15   #5863  |  Link
VistaVick

Yah, it's hit or miss, never had any problems recently in vista. I'm sure it has to do with codec settings, which has been complicated by the fact that windows 7 wants its own taking over, but I don't think it will be too hard to fix. I'm just not smart enough to know how.
VistaVick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 04:27   #5864  |  Link
Duppie

@jdobbs

Can we always use the latest x264 from http://www.x264.nl/ or do we need to wait until BD Rebuilder is updated?

Just one final question, I am getting very familiar with all the settings now except "Color Boost 10%". What is your intention with this? What benefit will it bring to the final burn and how much does it slow the encode down to?

Thanks
Duppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 04:35   #5865  |  Link
GaPony

Personally... I think most of the problems associated with BD-Rebuilder, regardless of OS, can be found right on the PC that is having the problems. Some people with their 20 different sets of codecs, pre-processing, post-processing, tweaks to the command line, downloaded movies, etc., etc., probably account for at least 90% of the issues falsely reported as bugs along with the obligatory... "It couldn't be anything I did!" There's a big difference between a bug and a "I screwed up" which we don't seem to se much of..

@Capsbackup... I'm with you on using XP on my dedicated BD-Rebuilder PC for now, only because it works flawlessly. For everything else, Win 7 is the way to go.
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 07:41   #5866  |  Link
MvB
dings!

Video jerky and Audio out of sync

Hi,

the last version i have been trying was 1809 and that version worked flawless (movie only to dvd5).

Yesterday i tried the new version 0.31.01 and the output (movie only, strict avhcd) is not useable on a ps3. Audio is out of sync about 1 minute at the second chapter and the video played a litte jerky as if there were the pulldown flags missing in the stream. The audio goes further out of sync the further the movie goes on...
The movie was BSG_THE_PLAN.
There were no errors in the log.
I'm using XP Professional.

So i wanted to try the old Version again and it said: this beta is expiered.

Thanks for that great programm anyway. Hope this problem can be resolved.
MvB
MvB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 07:50   #5867  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
But it would undersize if not... which is where I was getting so many complaints. I can't think of any downside to a higher than needed value -- and it keeps the "why doesn't it fill my disc?" crowd off my back.
Thanks, I see your point. In practice I think the undersizing is perhaps more of an issue for 2-pass encodes. No problem, I can always tweak the command line with --cqmin 10 if I want to change it.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 09:45   #5868  |  Link
DK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Are these movies from MIRAMAX ?
I'm asking because I had sync problems in two cases so far. Both happen to be from MIRAMAX studio.
AFAIK it wasnt a Miramax title.
DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 14:50   #5869  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duppie View Post
@jdobbs

Can we always use the latest x264 from http://www.x264.nl/ or do we need to wait until BD Rebuilder is updated?

Just one final question, I am getting very familiar with all the settings now except "Color Boost 10%". What is your intention with this? What benefit will it bring to the final burn and how much does it slow the encode down to?

Thanks
None, really. Early on I thought I was seeing color washout when I ran backups -- so I added that option. But I'm pretty sure it was my imagination. I'll probably eventually remove it.
Old 6th November 2009, 14:53   #5870  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Thanks, I see your point. In practice I think the undersizing is perhaps more of an issue for 2-pass encodes. No problem, I can always tweak the command line with --cqmin 10 if I want to change it.
--qpmin 10
Old 6th November 2009, 14:54   #5871  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvB View Post
Hi,

the last version i have been trying was 1809 and that version worked flawless (movie only to dvd5).

Yesterday i tried the new version 0.31.01 and the output (movie only, strict avhcd) is not useable on a ps3. Audio is out of sync about 1 minute at the second chapter and the video played a litte jerky as if there were the pulldown flags missing in the stream. The audio goes further out of sync the further the movie goes on...
The movie was BSG_THE_PLAN.
There were no errors in the log.
I'm using XP Professional.

So i wanted to try the old Version again and it said: this beta is expiered.

Thanks for that great programm anyway. Hope this problem can be resolved.
MvB
What region?

This program is a beta and right now exists for only one reason: bug testing. It doesn't do any good for anyone to debug a version that is 9 months old and 37 revisions ago (yep, I counted 'em)... you are expressing exactly why I put the expiration in.

Some details might help if you'd like to see it fixed. Region, type of audio, type of video, maybe posting the INF and/or INI files, the log, the AVS file of the out-of-sync audio, or maybe the .meta file? I like to thing I'm good -- but I can't fix things by putting my hands on a monitor and shouting "HEAL!".

But thanks for your great bug report anyway.

Last edited by jdobbs; 6th November 2009 at 15:08.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 15:06   #5872  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
BD-RB v0.31.01, Movie NCFM, Movie only, 2 x audio AC3 448, 1-pass crf, no resize, strict avchd, BD5:
=> Audio lags video by about 1 sec for both audio tracks.

Extracting the audio with eac3to from the original disc reports no delay for the LPCM track (eng), and a delay of 1001 ms for the ac3 tracks.
BD-RB selects the LPCM track as first audio (eng) and one of the ac3 tracks as second audio.
Any suggestion?
I'll pick that one up. There has to be something weird about it (or the way I'm reading it).
Old 6th November 2009, 16:07   #5873  |  Link
happycase

Quote:
Originally Posted by VistaVick View Post
Yah, it's hit or miss, never had any problems recently in vista. I'm sure it has to do with codec settings, which has been complicated by the fact that windows 7 wants its own taking over, but I don't think it will be too hard to fix. I'm just not smart enough to know how.
Try installing Ripbot. When I had Windows 7 BD RB problems, installing that program fixed everything and configured ffdshow for me.
happycase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 17:06   #5874  |  Link
Kassette1

Windows 7 / XP 64 Bit Error...

Hi,

Thank you very much for your app, it is very helpful.

For days now I am trying to get this to work on Windows XP 64-bit and Windows 7 64-bit.

I tried to convert various Blu-Rays. Sadly, I always get this error message:

Quote:
-----------------------
[13:53:19] BD Rebuilder v0.31.01 (beta)
- Source: XXXXXXXXX
- Input BD size: 26,48 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:46:14.357]
- Target BD size: 4,27 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- SHUTDOWN at completion enabled
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=0 HD=0 Kbs=640
[13:53:19] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [13:53:19] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
- [14:02:12] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
- Switching to FFMS2.DLL for decoding.
- Error in attempt to multiplex: MUX_00000.meta
- This is not an EBML file (id=0/440786851
[14:06:36] - Failed to build structure, aborted
I do not have any problems with this program on Windows 7 32-bit and Windows XP 32-bit.

I installed the progran the same way each time. I only changed the x264.exe file on the 64-bit systems as I should.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

kassette (analog)

Last edited by Kassette1; 6th November 2009 at 17:13.
Kassette1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 17:39   #5875  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassette1 View Post
Hi,

For days now I am trying to get this to work on Windows XP 64-bit and Windows 7 64-bit.

I do not have any problems with this program on Windows 7 32-bit and Windows XP 32-bit.

I installed the progran the same way each time. I only changed the x264.exe file on the 64-bit systems as I should.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

kassette (analog)
I'm planning to install the 64 bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium on my quad-core system this weekend. Hopefully I'll see what issues there are and I can integrate automatic configuration into BD Rebuilder. I've been occupied (real job) most of this week and haven't had time to do much with the program.
Old 6th November 2009, 18:22   #5876  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
I'll pick that one up. There has to be something weird about it (or the way I'm reading it).
I got it right in perfect sync by doing it manually:
- Index the .m2ts with DGAVCIndexNV
- Extract audio and sups with eac3to (extracts the tracks one by one), and convert audio to ac3 448.
- encode video with x264
- mux video and audio with tsmuxer (timeshift=0)
No idea what was key to the success: DGindex or eac3to.
(Just to exclude any previous mistake I did everything again with BD-RB, but again it was out of sync).
Old 6th November 2009, 18:24   #5877  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I got it right in perfect sync by doing it manually:
- Index the .m2ts with DGAVCIndexNV
- Extract audio and sups with eac3to (extracts the tracks one by one), and convert audio to ac3 448.
- encode video with x264
- mux video and audio with tsmuxer (timeshift=0)
No idea what was key to the success: DGindex or eac3to.
(Just to exclude any previous mistake I did everything again with BD-RB, but again it was out of sync).
I'll fix it. With all the horsecrap I'm seeing reported related to sync, there has to be a pony in there somewhere. The scary thing seems to be the fact that in at least on some of the reports the sync issues goes away when Windows 7 does... which means it could be CODEC related and not an issue with BD-RB at all.

I wish there was a single place that clearly says exactly what needs to be set (and why) in order for Windows 7 to use the FFDSHOW codecs. I can build the changes in -- but I don't want to just make them on faith without knowing what the consequences are. There are too many people doing that already, like Microsoft, for instance, when they made the Directshow changes for this release!

Last edited by jdobbs; 6th November 2009 at 18:32.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 18:46   #5878  |  Link
Sharc

Yeah, things can be frustrating ..... Btw I am still on Vista.
Old 6th November 2009, 19:08   #5879  |  Link
Nkotok

I have not used BD Rebuilder for a while now and forgot if two audio tracks can be kept unchanged for BD25 movie only: one HD and one ac3? If yes, what fields must be checked to achieve that? Thanks.
Nkotok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 19:23   #5880  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassette1
Hi,

I installed the program the same way each time. I only changed the x264.exe file on the 64-bit systems as I should.
Quote:
I'm planning to install the 64 bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium on my quad-core system this weekend. Hopefully I'll see what issues there are and I can integrate automatic configuration into BD Rebuilder. I've been occupied (real job) most of this week and haven't had time to do much with the program.
Just to spare you some time:

64bit version of x264 requires 64bit version of avisynth - otherwise it won't work.

So either keep x264 (32bit) with standard 32bit AviSynth or don't treat it as a problem.

I did a lot of tests last week and despite all the efforts I wasn't able to make 64bit x264 to work with some 'patched' 64bit avisynth dlls or whatever.

The same .avs script passed to 32bit x264 works perfectly but not with 64bit x264.