Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 22nd April 2010, 16:22   #7861  |  Link
DK

Tried 33.05's DECOMB option today for the first time as i still have severe issues with one interlaced title which came out stuttering for the last 5 or so bd-rb versions i tried it with and it failed completely:

Code:
[15:09:55] BD Rebuilder v0.33.05 (beta)
  - Source:  BLOOD_AND_FLOWERS
  - Input BD size: 19,84 GB
  - Approximate total content: [02:12:20.198]
  - Target BD size: 4,27 GB
  - Windows Version: 5.1 [2600]
  - MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
  - Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=448
[15:09:55] PHASE ONE, Encoding
 - [15:09:55] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00003]
 - [15:39:52] Reencoding: VID_00003 (1 of 1)
 - [15:39:53] Collecting video information
   - Source Video: VC-1, 1920x1080
   - Rate/Length: 29,970fps, 237.968 frames
 - [15:39:54] Performing CRF Prediction...
   - Analyzing 28,80 19,40 27,57 26,85 26,46 26,23 [26,12]
 - [15:51:46] Encoding using constant rate factor.
  - Encode failed.  Retrying.
  - Reached retry limit.  Aborting.
  - BD-Rebuilder v0.33.05 (beta)
  - Windows Version: 5.1 [2600]
  - AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.8.0, not recommended version
  - HAALI Splitter:  Ok
  - FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
  - FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
  - FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec":  Ok
  - FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec":  Ok
  - X264:  Ok
  - AFTEN:  Ok
  - FAAC:  Ok
  - MP4BOX:  Ok
  - WAVI:  Ok
  - TSMUXER:  Ok
[15:51:56] - Failed video encode, aborted
Quote:
"C:\Programme\BD_Rebuilder\tools\x264.exe" "F:\DVD\BLOOD\WORKFILES\VID_00003.AVS" --preset veryfast --b-pyramid strict --weightp 0 --slow-firstpass --qpmin=0 --crf 26.12 --level 4.0 --sar 1:1 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --pic-struct --vbv-bufsize 14500 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-maxrate 17500 --tff --threads auto --thread-input --stats "F:\DVD\BLOOD\WORKFILES\VID_00003.AVS.264.stats" --pass 1 --output "F:\DVD\BLOOD\WORKFILES\VID_00003.AVS.264"

Code:
[Options]

RESIZE=0
MODE=1
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=deu;eng;ger;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=deu;eng;ger;
SD_CONVERT=0
COLOR_BOOST=0
RESIZE_1080=0
DTS_REENCODE=0
AC3_REENCODE=0
AC3_640=0
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=1
AVCHD=1
REMOVE_WORKFILES=1
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=1
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=0
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=23450
TARGET_SIZE=4369
ONEPASS_ENCODING=1
ENCODE_QUALITY=0
QUICK_EXTRAS=0
STATUS_LOG=1
PRIORITY_CLASS=0
FULL_AVCHD=0
AUTO_QUALITY=0
DEINTERLACE=1
AC3_192=0
[Paths]
SOURCE_PATH=E:\BD\BLOOD_AND_FLOWERS\
WORKING_PATH=F:\DVD\BLOOD\
btw: i have this avisynth version in use for quite some time with bd-rb and no issues so far

the same bd version and title worked fine in a testrun before WITHOUT decomb

Last edited by DK; 22nd April 2010 at 16:56.
DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 16:53   #7862  |  Link
jdobbs

@DK

Since DECOMB is an AVISYNTH function. Please try it with the recommended version of AVISYNTH and report back.
Old 22nd April 2010, 16:55   #7863  |  Link
SoniG

DK : follow jdobbs advice and if the problem remain you should open VID_00003.AVS with a directshow compatible media player to see what you get.

tandi : First when you insert the disc to your pc, you should see if you can access the BD files, bdmv, certificate, m2ts files etc.. After, I'd really recommended you to install and use Arcsoft Total Media Platinum 3. It take on isos and bdmv folders (it is the only one to support this), I have also Powerdvd and Windvd and by my own experience it is just the best one. Best BD compatibility, best reliability, best non-crap protections.

Last edited by SoniG; 22nd April 2010 at 17:08.
SoniG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 16:57   #7864  |  Link
DK

OK, installed 257 now and rerun the test

will report back

+++

pls dont worry about my chosen output size:
of course i do not expect any decent quality at all with fastest setting and 4gb size.
the only purpose was to be able to burn it to a DVD-RW media for testing purposes on the bd player as i have tried this title with different bd versions and settings over the time (all of which were not successful and resulted in a stuttering playback) so i was not willing to output to the usual 9gb for this test

btw: i did NOT maintain HD audio. at least i have picked AC3 encoding in the setup for movie only

Last edited by DK; 22nd April 2010 at 17:04.
Old 22nd April 2010, 16:58   #7865  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoniG View Post
DK : Yeah but as avisynth is used for decomb process, who knows? You should stay with recommended versions, especially for a specific avisynth version and his plugin code compatibilty. Now I don't know if to shrink a BD from 20 to 4GB in maintaining HD audio is the best thing to do. And first you should launch VID_00003.AVS with a directshow compatible media player to see what you get.

tandi : First when you insert the disc to your pc, you should see if you can access the BD files, bdmv, certificate, m2ts files etc.. After, I'd really recommended you to install and use Arcsoft Total Media Platinum 3. It take on isos and bdmv folders (it is the only one to support this), I have also Powerdvd and Windvd and by my own experience it is just the best one. Best BD compatibility, best reliability, best non-crap protections.
I do movie-only encodes to BD-5 all the time. They look great.
Old 22nd April 2010, 17:00   #7866  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK View Post
OK, installed 257 now and rerun the test

will report back
Just a note... in all previous versions BD-RB was using DECOMB by default, so it isn't really anything new.

I just tested the DECOMB selection on an interlaced 29.97 source and didn't have any issues.

Let me know if you continue to have problems, though.

If it works with 2.57 -- you may want to try reinstalling 2.58 and see if it fails again. It could have just been something that got corrupted in AVISYNTH too.

Last edited by jdobbs; 22nd April 2010 at 17:02.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 17:40   #7867  |  Link
DK

I know you said in the change log, that decomb was not new but because of the field order change i had hopes that maybe this time it would make a change to this "problem movie" of mine

Last night i ran the title with standard settings and NO decomb and because the result was not ok I thought to give the decomb option another try.

What yould be the correct setting (inside the config) btw to maintain interlacing?
Something like: keep_interlacing=1 and deinterlace=0 ?

One more thing concerning the field order in question:
I am NOT able to load my original m2ts into DGAVCIndex - it fails preview but i can check the converted m2ts.
Is there another way to determine which field order may be in the original m2ts?

+++++

The encoding process started this time after installing 257.
Will let you know what comes out of this test and will also try 258 afterwards as well again.

Last edited by DK; 22nd April 2010 at 17:43.
Old 22nd April 2010, 18:14   #7868  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK View Post
I know you said in the change log, that decomb was not new but because of the field order change i had hopes that maybe this time it would make a change to this "problem movie" of mine

Last night i ran the title with standard settings and NO decomb and because the result was not ok I thought to give the decomb option another try.

What yould be the correct setting (inside the config) btw to maintain interlacing?
Something like: keep_interlacing=1 and deinterlace=0 ?

One more thing concerning the field order in question:
I am NOT able to load my original m2ts into DGAVCIndex - it fails preview but i can check the converted m2ts.
Is there another way to determine which field order may be in the original m2ts?

+++++

The encoding process started this time after installing 257.
Will let you know what comes out of this test and will also try 258 afterwards as well again.
When you open BD-RB, is there a "**" or a "*" next to the frame rate in the streams list? "**" means it is a field-based source. "*" means it is using pulldown.

BD Rebuilder does a sample scan of the M2TS and looks at the TFF/RFF flags. I've tested it on a lot of sources and I'm confident it is right.
Old 22nd April 2010, 18:32   #7869  |  Link
SoniG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I do movie-only encodes to BD-5 all the time. They look great.
Sorry, I didn't noticed it was a movie-only mode.

To encode in interlace mode you have to use : DEINTERLACE=0, it should be ok in this mode.

About image stuttering jdobbs, I saw the logs, I think I know where it come from and I already gave you my point of view about this.
Old 22nd April 2010, 19:28   #7870  |  Link
DK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
When you open BD-RB, is there a "**" or a "*" next to the frame rate in the streams list? "**" means it is a field-based source. "*" means it is using pulldown.

BD Rebuilder does a sample scan of the M2TS and looks at the TFF/RFF flags. I've tested it on a lot of sources and I'm confident it is right.
It says this:

VC-1, 1080i, 29.97fps**
Old 22nd April 2010, 19:40   #7871  |  Link
WiseWeasel

BD RB Stopped Working Since v0.33.04 / AMD / Vista 64 SP2

Hi. I've been using BD Rebuilder with great success for several months, but recently hit a snag with v3304 and now v3305. BD Rebuilder has apparently stopped working since build v3304; when it gets to and AVC-encoded titles, it just fails to encode the video and stops. I've been able to reproduce this behavior on all the movies I've tried, including with the same BluRay rips that previously worked with v3208. Here's the end of the log from trying to process Law Abiding Citizen:
Code:
   - Source Video: MPEG-2, 1920x1080
   - Rate/Length: 29.970fps, 27,180 frames
 - [15:28:32] Reencoding: VID_00046, Pass 1 of 1
 - [15:56:52] Video Encode complete
 - [15:56:52] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
 - [15:56:52] Multiplexing M2TS
 - [15:57:17] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00001]
 - [16:09:54] Reencoding: VID_00001 (14 of 14)
 - [16:09:54] Collecting video information
   - Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 169,896 frames
   - Bitrate: 16,231 Kbs
 - [16:09:54] Reencoding: VID_00001, Pass 1 of 1
  - BD-Rebuilder v0.33.04 (beta)
  - Windows Version: 6.0 [6002]
  - AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
  - FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libmpeg2":  Ok
  - FFDSHOW AVC set to "ffmpeg-mt":  Ok
[16:11:19] - Failed video encode, aborted
I tried ripping discs several different times, and was careful to clean the discs of any smudges before ripping, with the same results. I tried using BD Rebuilder in Full Backup and Movie Only modes. I even tried installing the latest releases of ffdshow and Haali Media Splitter, and even the 64-bit beta of Haali, all to no avail. I tried all the different ffdshow decoder options for the AVC/h.264 codec, including libavcodec and ffmpeg-mt. I'm running Windows Vista 64bit SP2 on an AMD Athlon64 X2 machine I built. This may be the same issue as Nerz was having here, along with some other problems people were having, though I wasn't able to find a working solution in this thread.

While I've been waiting for the 5-day forum account activation to take effect and allow me to post this, I've tried installing every version of all the different apps, and even grabbing a copy of the x264.exe codec from BD Rebuilder v3208, which had been working previously, all to no avail. I don't seem to be able to run version 3208 anymore to test side by side, as it reports it has expired. I'd be happy to test anything out for you to help get this resolved. Thanks for your time, and for this great software!

Last edited by WiseWeasel; 22nd April 2010 at 19:43.
WiseWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 20:08   #7872  |  Link
sa2k9

JDobbs,

Is there any way I can use 3 dedicated drives for

1.Source folder
2.Working folder
3.Destination folder ??

TIA.
sa2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 20:21   #7873  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

The Working folder is currently the destination folder, all finished recodes end up there. However i wouldnt mind a feature like that, could be handy yes. Although lately i'm having BDRB remove the workfiles & output folder after a successful burn. Easy way to free up the space again.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 20:24   #7874  |  Link
SoniG

WiseWeasel : First you should set back ffdshow h.264 decoding to libavcodec. Last version 0.33.05 works properly with any source format. You are in 64bit but you don't have to bother about any 64bit codecs. All codecs used by BDRebuilder will be 32bit ones. If the log say ok, your 32bit codecs installation should be ok. Install 32bit version of Media Player Classic HC. From your source BD, open the file BDMV\STREAM\00001.m2ts with mpc-hc. Does it play well? If it doesn't, you should uninstall/reinstall Haali and ffdshow codecs to reset their priority use. If it's ok, double click ffdshow icon on the taskbar while playing, verify the version is well 3326...x86 in about section. Verify all ffdshow effects are unchecked. If it's ok, you should go to the WORKFILES folder where you outputted your BDR and open the VID_00001.AVS file generated by BDRebuilder with mpc-hc and see what you get. You should see the movie or an error message. If it's an error, you should uninstall/reinstall avisynth 2.5.7. If you see the movie, try to reencode the BD again. Let us informed.

Last edited by SoniG; 22nd April 2010 at 20:30.
Old 22nd April 2010, 20:52   #7875  |  Link
sa2k9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
The Working folder is currently the destination folder, all finished recodes end up there. However i wouldnt mind a feature like that, could be handy yes. Although lately i'm having BDRB remove the workfiles & output folder after a successful burn. Easy way to free up the space again.
This way, for a BD25, the multiplexing is taking about 20 to 25 minutes on a 7200RPM SATAii drive. If the destination folder is on a different drive, it'd be much less.

Jdobbs, is there any way we can add a line to config file to accomplish this? or could you please add this feature in the next build. TIA
sa2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 21:17   #7876  |  Link
WiseWeasel

1) ffdshow set to libavcodec.
2) Media Player Classic HC plays all the m2ts files I've tried just fine.
3) There does not seem to be a ffdshow icon appearing in my taskbar while either MPC-HC or BD RB is running. The only one I see while BD RB is running is Haali before it errors out.
4) No ffdshow effects appear to be enabled in the ffdshow video decoder configuration. I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right place, however.
5) The only VID_xxx.AVS file I see is VID_00423.AVS, and opening it in MPC-HC, it simply says "Cannot render the file". Note that manually telling MPC-HC to open and play the 00423.m2ts file does play it normally (it's a copyright notice).
6) Uninstalling and re-installing AVISynth did nothing.

Additional note: While troubleshooting, I ran into advice from jdobbs to check the registry for certain entries that should reference ffdshow's ID. I checked, and my registry seemed to be missing the directory with those keys entirely. I can't find the post now, but it may indicate that ffdshow is somehow not completely installed correctly or something. I've tried reinstalling everything multiple times though. It really seemed like version 0.33.04 broke something that was working before on this setup, and I was suspecting the new version of x264 not liking my 64-bit AMD CPU for some reason.

[Edit] Oh, I will also note that mpeg2-encoded titles seem to still encode just fine in the latest builds of BD RB; it's just the AVC titles that fail. [/Edit]

Last edited by WiseWeasel; 22nd April 2010 at 21:23.
WiseWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 21:59   #7877  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:

To encode in interlace mode you have to use : DEINTERLACE=0, it should be ok in this mode.

About image stuttering jdobbs, I saw the logs, I think I know where it come from and I already gave you my point of view about this.
You can use DEINTERLACE=0 or you can just delete it. If it isn't there it defaults to "0" now.
Old 22nd April 2010, 22:00   #7878  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:

You can use DEINTERLACE=0 or you can just delete it. If it isn't there it defaults to "0" now. If you set DEINTERLACE=1, the output will still be interlaced -- but the difference between the two fields will be smoothed. This is especially useful when your player is attempting to play it as frames (like on a PC).
Old 22nd April 2010, 22:03   #7879  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa2k9 View Post
JDobbs,

Is there any way I can use 3 dedicated drives for

1.Source folder
2.Working folder
3.Destination folder ??

TIA.
Not right now.
Old 22nd April 2010, 22:06   #7880  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseWeasel View Post
Hi. I've been using BD Rebuilder with great success for several months, but recently hit a snag with v3304 and now v3305. BD Rebuilder has apparently stopped working since build v3304; when it gets to and AVC-encoded titles, it just fails to encode the video and stops. I've been able to reproduce this behavior on all the movies I've tried, including with the same BluRay rips that previously worked with v3208. Here's the end of the log from trying to process Law Abiding Citizen:
Code:
   - Source Video: MPEG-2, 1920x1080
   - Rate/Length: 29.970fps, 27,180 frames
 - [15:28:32] Reencoding: VID_00046, Pass 1 of 1
 - [15:56:52] Video Encode complete
 - [15:56:52] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
 - [15:56:52] Multiplexing M2TS
 - [15:57:17] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00001]
 - [16:09:54] Reencoding: VID_00001 (14 of 14)
 - [16:09:54] Collecting video information
   - Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 169,896 frames
   - Bitrate: 16,231 Kbs
 - [16:09:54] Reencoding: VID_00001, Pass 1 of 1
  - BD-Rebuilder v0.33.04 (beta)
  - Windows Version: 6.0 [6002]
  - AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
  - FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libmpeg2":  Ok
  - FFDSHOW AVC set to "ffmpeg-mt":  Ok
[16:11:19] - Failed video encode, aborted
I tried ripping discs several different times, and was careful to clean the discs of any smudges before ripping, with the same results. I tried using BD Rebuilder in Full Backup and Movie Only modes. I even tried installing the latest releases of ffdshow and Haali Media Splitter, and even the 64-bit beta of Haali, all to no avail. I tried all the different ffdshow decoder options for the AVC/h.264 codec, including libavcodec and ffmpeg-mt. I'm running Windows Vista 64bit SP2 on an AMD Athlon64 X2 machine I built. This may be the same issue as Nerz was having here, along with some other problems people were having, though I wasn't able to find a working solution in this thread.

While I've been waiting for the 5-day forum account activation to take effect and allow me to post this, I've tried installing every version of all the different apps, and even grabbing a copy of the x264.exe codec from BD Rebuilder v3208, which had been working previously, all to no avail. I don't seem to be able to run version 3208 anymore to test side by side, as it reports it has expired. I'd be happy to test anything out for you to help get this resolved. Thanks for your time, and for this great software!
Make sure you haven't installed 64 bit versions of any of the packages. They just don't work correctly.