Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 22nd July 2009, 23:28   #4101  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Does the freezing happen even if the same files are burned to a BD-RE? I know I tested "The Matrix" successfully, but I can't remember if I tested it on BD-9.
I'm not sure I follow. All my dialogue has been with the assumption that the backup target is BDR\BD25. I don't do any BD9 backups anymore except for animation. Do you mean just try to BD-RE as opposed to BD-R? If so I have done that with same results.

Sorry can't be more help

I can for certain say though that AC3+ audio tracks with PiP are working 100% as they should though on the S550.
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 23:35   #4102  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@jdobbs

Please be good enough to post when you've accomplished this ;>}
I second this and thank you for your patience, jdobbs.
I was feeling, well.. it reminds me of putting an ice cream cone in front of a child, and to see those eyes light up and tongue starts salivating, and just when they reach out to take that first lick, the scoop falls to the ground.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 23:53   #4103  |  Link
Kakashi Sensei

Might have been answered in a previous post but i can't find it. How do i enable the video for secondary stream(PiP). It shows a red "X" were the video should be and i think thats why i get stuttering issues with Matrix and now with Coraline. On a side note I cant remove the audio for that either. These are BD25 backups.

Thank you
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 00:07   #4104  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei View Post
Might have been answered in a previous post but i can't find it. How do i enable the video for secondary stream(PiP). It shows a red "X" were the video should be and i think thats why i get stuttering issues with Matrix and now with Coraline. On a side note I cant remove the audio for that either. These are BD25 backups.

Thank you
look in changes.txt
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 01:43   #4105  |  Link
Chiamos

Quote:
The difference is that for that one version (I assume you mean 2502), I didn't use EXECryptor (my license ran out over that weekend). So for 2502 I used ASPROTECT. I renewed the EXECryptor license and went back to it. You need to notify McAfee -- it has to be a false positive. I've been using that package for a long time -- including all the BD Rebuilder versions.

Honestly, I know we need these virus packages because of the high number of a$$holes in the world -- but sometimes I wonder if they are more trouble than they are worth.
I'm totally with you there.
I had a Trojan Warning with Avira on 2501 and now 2503, but by deselecting "Automatic Removal" from within Avira and giving me the selection option on making the calls on any of those warnings, so I just simply ticked "Ignore", and now I still have use of Avira and your super BD Rebuilder.
Chiamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 01:59   #4106  |  Link
Kakashi Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousflea View Post
look in changes.txt
Thanks.... I figured it was somewhere obvious.
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 03:34   #4107  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousflea View Post
I'm not sure I follow. All my dialogue has been with the assumption that the backup target is BDR\BD25. I don't do any BD9 backups anymore except for animation. Do you mean just try to BD-RE as opposed to BD-R? If so I have done that with same results.

Sorry can't be more help

I can for certain say though that AC3+ audio tracks with PiP are working 100% as they should though on the S550.
I'm really confused now. I thought that sound issue only happened on BD-9. The Frost/Nixon example I spoke of worked on BD-25, but failed on BD-9.

Hmmm... but then again I probably switched from the BD-S301 to the BD-S350 player in the meantime.
Old 23rd July 2009, 05:22   #4108  |  Link
jdobbs

BD Rebuilder v0.25.04 (beta)

I've updated the first post of this thread with a link to a new version of BD-RB (v0.25.04). Changes:
Code:
- Modified EXE compression to prevent false positive 
  from AV program(s).
- Added code to prevent "forever loop" in one-pass
  prediction under certain unusual circumstances.
- Added a default background image to be used when
  blanking occurs.  You can change if you wish, but
  remember it will be stretched/shrunk to match the
  source resolution.  Look in the new MISC folder.
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.
Added note: If you delete the "blank.jpg" file in the MISC folder, the program will use the old blanking technique.
Old 23rd July 2009, 05:42   #4109  |  Link
Chiamos

Thanks jdobbs for another new beta version.
Chiamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 05:57   #4110  |  Link
setarip_old

@jdobbs

Thank you for eliminating the cause of the false positive ;>}
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 08:59   #4111  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
I'm really confused now. I thought that sound issue only happened on BD-9. The Frost/Nixon example I spoke of worked on BD-25, but failed on BD-9.

Hmmm... but then again I probably switched from the BD-S301 to the BD-S350 player in the meantime.
I think that there are crossed wires. I replied to him assuming that he had identified a way of resolving the bd-9 issue when in fact it was to do with a different issue regarding the PiP audio playback on bd-r.
From what you mentioned before, is it possible to remove additional references to the PiP and associated audio above and beyond what the early versions of the programme did by effectively ignoring them. I've never bothered with this function but would like to keep 'full discs' for the other extras and yet see if it could be made to work as bd-9 on a Sony.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 09:02   #4112  |  Link
Chefkoch_ico

Hi,

I tried Bourne Identity and Hellboy 2 (both Universal Titles with PiP) with PiP processing enabled in BD-RB 25.03. Full to BD25.

The main movie still does not play with PowerDVD.

Bye
Chefkoch_ico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 09:23   #4113  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
I've updated the first post of this thread with a link to a new version of BD-RB (v0.25.04). Changes:
Code:
- Modified EXE compression to prevent false positive 
  from AV program(s).
- Added code to prevent "forever loop" in one-pass
  prediction under certain unusual circumstances.
- Added a default background image to be used when
  blanking occurs.  You can change if you wish, but
  remember it will be stretched/shrunk to match the
  source resolution.  Look in the new MISC folder.
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.
Added note: If you delete the "blank.jpg" file in the MISC folder, the program will use the old blanking technique.
Does this also blank out on BD25 ReEncodes now if you choose not to copy VC-1 1080i files.

Also since you have now made quick encode for extra's on by default what happens with seamless branched discs does it do a full 2 pass on every segment of the movie of just the largest one
plus what happens if you choose to manually change the audio selections via the GUI on a seemless branched disc by say adding or removing an audio track does this also get reflected to all segments or just the one altered.

Thanks
tekmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 09:56   #4114  |  Link
Sharc

Movie "Doubt". BD-RB v0.25.03. Movie only / resize 720 / 2 x audio ac3 448 / 1x sup.
1-pass encoding. Disk (DVD5) filled to 98%. Perfect.
However, audio lags by about 1 second. (I never experienced a sync problem before with BD-RB).
Re-muxing didn't help. Any idea what could be wrong?

I did the same manually with the .m2ts file as source, using DG...NV for indexing and eac3to for audio demuxing / 448 ac3 conversion, and tsmuxer for blu-ray muxing. Audio/video sync is ok.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:48   #4115  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@jdobbs

Thank you for eliminating the cause of the false positive ;>}
Well... the cause of the false positive is McAfee, not BD-RB or EXECryptor. But I get your point.
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:51   #4116  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkoch_ico View Post
Hi,

I tried Bourne Identity and Hellboy 2 (both Universal Titles with PiP) with PiP processing enabled in BD-RB 25.03. Full to BD25.

The main movie still does not play with PowerDVD.

Bye
What can I say? It works on "real players" -- which to me is the test.
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:53   #4117  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Movie "Doubt". BD-RB v0.25.03. Movie only / resize 720 / 2 x audio ac3 448 / 1x sup.
However, audio lags by about 1 second. (I never experienced a sync problem before with BD-RB).

I did the same manually with the .m2ts file as source, using DG...NV for indexing and eac3to for audio demuxing / 448 ac3 conversion, and tsmuxer for blu-ray muxing. Audio/video sync is ok.
Hmmm... not sure what could be causing that. I'll look at "Doubt", I think it is still on one of my hard drives.
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:57   #4118  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Well... the cause of the false positive is McAfee, not BD-RB or EXECryptor. But I get your point.
I thank you also for the new release. I have not tried out a movie yet, but at least I can unzip without McAfee going off!
Interesting tht I have used every version released of BD-RB and only had this happen on 2501 and 2503.
Oh well, just glad I can use BD-RB again!!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:58   #4119  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post

Does the other method indicate an audio delay?
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:00   #4120  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
I thank you also for the new release. I have not tried out a movie yet, but at least I can unzip without McAfee going off!
Interesting tht I have used every version released of BD-RB and only had this happen on 2501 and 2503.
Oh well, just glad I can use BD-RB again!!
Have you tried any of the older ones? I've been using EXECryptor for a long time -- in fact, I think it was on every BD-RB version other than 2502 and the one I just released. My guess would be that it was caused by an erroneous database update to your ATT McAfee.

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd July 2009 at 15:03.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote