Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 7th December 2021, 23:33   #1  |  Link
Roemer

DGIndex out of sync because of multiple cells?

Hello all

I am using DGIndex to create an index for a Vob file, then process the d2v with Avisynth and in the end, remux everything with ffmpeg.

Now it seems I stumbled uppon a special case where my end-result is slightly out of sync. When I directly convert the whole thing with for example VidCoder/Handbrake, everything is fine.

Uppon further inspection, I found out that the wrong file has around 10 frames more. And uppon even more inspection, I saw that the vob contains two cells or video ids or chapters (no idea to be honest) whereas the second contains the correct video and the first is just a 00:00:00:00.10 long video. When I then create vob file without that first part with DVDDecryptor or with PgcDemux, I get a slightly smaller vob file which is then fully in-sync and also 10 frames shorter.

So is this a case where DGIndex simply cannot be used? I love DGIndex because it's simplicity and CLI functionality.

Many thanks for hints.
Roemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2021, 00:05   #2  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Not fully following you. If there is a first VOB that you don't want then just do File/Open and delete that one from the list. If I have missed the point, please clarify.
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2021, 00:43   #3  |  Link
Roemer

Not entirely. It is one vob which contains a second very tiny chapter? Video? Cell? ProgramChain? which makes the final product out of sync. If I remove that manually, it works correctly. Is it possible to do this with DGIndex itself or am I dependent on another tool?
Roemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2021, 02:59   #4  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

DGIndex has no PGC processing so it's unable to deal with that case. If you rip it correctly then that would not be an issue.
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote