Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 22nd December 2017, 21:24   #21  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
You can use AVS filters and still have full depth (>8 bit) support
How does it compare to AVISYNTH+?
Old 22nd December 2017, 21:55   #22  |  Link
gonca

Some software, NVEncC is one, doesn't support full depth input from Avisynth and forks (+ included)
In this case Vapoursynth is fully supported, more universal support it appears
It seems to be more actively supported
Only way to determine if AVS+ will do what you need is to try short clips and see
However if you think you will one day support hardware encoding (2x + frame rate encoding for 4k) it might be worth considering
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2017, 23:11   #23  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
discovered that my player wouldn't playback smoothly unless the stream had open gops. I also found that I had to disable b-pyramid. That made no sense to me... but there it was.
B-pyramid on x264 also has to be restricted for Blu-ray compatibility so it is not that surprising if the one in x265 is not Blu-ray-compatible. But Open-GOP is really strange...
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2017, 17:08   #24  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Quote:
It should not be ticked.

5 mins? How big is the input M2TS? Just reading a 45GB file (with no changes written) on my system takes about 10 mins.
yep, 5 mins with the m2ts box unticked. input file just over 20gb. So something isn't right. I would suspect the input file is corrupt. The resulting output burned on dl bd-rw and running in my k8500 everything is working as it should until the first chapter break. There everything freezes for a second and when it comes back theres no sound. Hmm just thought of trying without any chapters to see if that is what it chokes on. I will also try to encode with your settings for ffmpeg to see if it makes any difference.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

//LD
LowDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2017, 23:33   #25  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowDead View Post
yep, 5 mins with the m2ts box unticked. input file just over 20gb. So something isn't right. I would suspect the input file is corrupt. The resulting output burned on dl bd-rw and running in my k8500 everything is working as it should until the first chapter break. There everything freezes for a second and when it comes back theres no sound. Hmm just thought of trying without any chapters to see if that is what it chokes on. I will also try to encode with your settings for ffmpeg to see if it makes any difference.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

//LD
If you could, please let me know how long the encode takes. You could also try changing from "medium" to "superfast" -- that's what I've been using (otherwise I get 1.5fps).
Old 24th December 2017, 09:56   #26  |  Link
geheim

So, it doesn't work for me unfortuanetly. I tried some original streams, made a BD Folder structure with TSMuxer, and then applied TSM2UHD to the Folder. After it finishes I tried Playback with DVD Fab Media Player (which works fine for everything I tried), but Playback gives me heavy stuttering and "jumping". Don't know what I could be making wrong here...

Thanks for your work and merry Christmas!
geheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2017, 11:17   #27  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by geheim View Post
....but Playback gives me heavy stuttering and "jumping". Don't know what I could be making wrong here..
Does the actual '00000.m2ts' stream play okay?
Old 24th December 2017, 14:04   #28  |  Link
geheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Does the actual '00000.m2ts' stream play okay?
Just tried playing the m2ts directly and while there are lesser Picture Errors, there are still some jumps and stuttering visible during many scenes... Seems like something is still wrong with how files get patched.
Old 24th December 2017, 15:08   #29  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Just tried playing the m2ts directly and while there are lesser Picture Errors, there are still some jumps and stuttering visible during many scenes... Seems like something is still wrong with how files get patched.
Sounds more likely to be a TSmuxer GUI muxing issue...
Old 24th December 2017, 17:06   #30  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
So, it doesn't work for me unfortuanetly. I tried some original streams, made a BD Folder structure with TSMuxer, and then applied TSM2UHD to the Folder. After it finishes I tried Playback with DVD Fab Media Player (which works fine for everything I tried), but Playback gives me heavy stuttering and "jumping". Don't know what I could be making wrong here...

I'm assuming this is a burned disc? If so, that's more than likely due to the bitrate exceeding what can be used on a BD-25/50. It needs to be reencoded. The only original streams I found that could be used intact were extras -- probably because they were made purposely to work on multiple formats.

I mentioned the bitrate issue twice in the README:
Quote:
2. Bitrates! Remember, An original stream may not work as is -- as its maximum bitrate could exceed that of a BD-50 or BD-25 disc. I recommend you make sure the total of all streams does not exceed 50Mbs combined for BD-50 (absolutely no more than 64Mbs) and 35Mbs for BD-25.
It is very unlikely that the original stream is on a BD-50-- and the allowable bitrate on a BD-100 (for example) is almost twice what a BD-50 can handle.

If it isn't a burned disc... than I'm at a loss. TSM2UHD does nothing, repeat nothing, that could modifies the playback itself. It only sets flags in files so that they are recognizable to a UHD-BD player.

As SeeMoreDigital mentioned, it is more likely to be a TSMUXER issue... which would be a lot harder to fix. If you find out more, let me know.

Last edited by jdobbs; 24th December 2017 at 18:00.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2017, 18:14   #31  |  Link
geheim

Quote:
I'm assuming this is a burned disc? If so, that's more than likely due to the bitrate exceeding what can be used on a BD-25/50. It needs to be reencoded. The only original streams I found that could be used intact were extras -- probably because they were made purposely to work on multiple formats.

I mentioned the bitrate issue twice in the README: It is very unlikely that the original stream is on a BD-50-- and the allowable bitrate on a BD-100 (for example) is almost twice what a BD-50 can handle.

If it isn't a burned disc... than I'm at a loss. TSM2UHD does nothing, repeat nothing, that could modifies the playback itself. It only sets flags in files so that they are recognizable to a UHD-BD player.

As SeeMoreDigital mentioned, it is more likely to be a TSMUXER issue... which would be a lot harder to fix. If you find out more, let me know.
The original stream comes from a UHD66, but I did my tests WITHOUT burning to a BD-R DL. Only played the folder from HDD after modifying with TMS2UHD.
That's why I assumed the bitrate couldn't be the cause of the error. Just for the fun of it I copuld try burning the folder and see what my Sony x800 does with it

I'll re-check my settings in TSMuxer as well, perhaps I did something wrong there. And I'll be checking with some own footage I created myself.

I'll report if I find out anything new of course!
Old 26th December 2017, 13:31   #32  |  Link
geheim

So I did some more tests and I simply can't get it working... Even tried some of my own UHD stuff which definitely doesn't exceed bitrate limits and I'm getting the same picture errors. So I guess I'm really doing something wrong with TSMuxer - but I don't know what to change.
Can you recommend any settings which worked for you?? Perhaps I need to adjust VBV buffer size??
Old 4th January 2018, 13:13   #33  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Ok first test with medium went on for appr. 31 hrs.(112500.65s) on a 20gb 1.40hr movie.
Will start next test run when I get back from work tonight.

6 core Intel i7 980x @3GHz

//LD
Old 4th January 2018, 16:06   #34  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowDead View Post
Ok first test with medium went on for appr. 31 hrs.(112500.65s) on a 20gb 1.40hr movie.
Will start next test run when I get back from work tonight.

6 core Intel i7 980x @3GHz

//LD
Did the mux and TSM2UHD produce a working UHD-BD disc?
Old 5th January 2018, 02:05   #35  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Quote:
Did the mux and TSM2UHD produce a working UHD-BD disc?
Yes it worked as it should. Do you want me to do a superfast run?

//LD
Old 5th January 2018, 05:17   #36  |  Link
wolflop

Did you find out something with the samples I sent you (No Picture on UB 900)?

wolflop
wolflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2018, 16:03   #37  |  Link
no-one

Quote:

same promblem, It's stuttering.

pretty sure, it's tsmuxer issue. mpls file has problem.

I try with blade runner uhd.After process tsm2uhd, i check it with bdinfo.

1. movie length is changed
original : 1:57:31.377
result : 1:51:41.486

2. hdr is romoved
original : MPEG-H HEVC Video 0 kbps 2160p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 Profile 5.1 High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / HDR / BT.2020 /

result : MPEG-H HEVC Video 0 kbps 2160p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 Profile 5.1 High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / SDR / BT.2020 /

3. i burn into disc and play it on lg up970. It's stuttering, no hdr and video and sound not sync.

Last edited by no-one; 5th January 2018 at 16:18.
no-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2018, 15:24   #38  |  Link
jdobbs

Please read the README.TXT file. I've now had to repeat this about four times.

You generally CAN'T KEEP AN ORIGINAL STREAM. The original stream is encoded at a bitrate that is TOO HIGH for a BD-25 or BD-50. For example, if the original came from a BD-100, the bitrate can be almost twice as high as a BD-50 can accomodate. You're going to get stuttering, etc, because the spinning of the disc can't keep up with the encode rate.

Everyone -- please don't make me have to explain this again!

I have no idea how HDR can be removed. You're telling me the stream is unchanged from the original --- so I don't see how that is possible. It might be that TSMUXER is removing some indicator, I don't know. Nothing TSM2UHD does removes it.

Last edited by jdobbs; 6th January 2018 at 15:28.
Old 6th January 2018, 16:21   #39  |  Link
ocean

TSMuxer does not recreate the "extension data" HDR in the mpls playlist file, after mux, this is the missing part that you find in the original, you can find it at the end of the mpls file:

"ExtensionData": [
{
"ID1": 3,
"ID2": 5,
"data_block": [
I tried the Blu-ray movie worked with TSMuxer and TSM2UHD on Hdisk, read with PowerDVD 17, the movie is recognized regularly and is fluid, without obviously HDR, for audio desync i think it always depends on an incorrect management of the TSMuxer timeline audio/video and the treatment of Gops i-frames.
ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2018, 16:33   #40  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean View Post
TSMuxer does not recreate the "extension data" HDR in the mpls playlist file, after mux, this is the missing part that you find in the original, you can find it at the end of the mpls file:

"ExtensionData": [
{
"ID1": 3,
"ID2": 5,
"data_block": [
I tried the Blu-ray movie worked with TSMuxer and TSM2UHD on Hdisk, read with PowerDVD 17, the movie is recognized regularly and is fluid, without obviously HDR, for audio desync i think it always depends on an incorrect management of the TSMuxer timeline audio/video and the treatment of Gops i-frames.
Well... at least that is something I can add. I already add extension data for 3D in BD-RB. But... the problem is that since it isn't in the folder I need to get the values somehow from the original. If I had a copy of v3.00 of the standard I could have been aware of the extension. Right now I'm just getting my info from dumps. The fact that PowerDVD plays the source probably confirms bitrate as the issue in the stuttering.

Last edited by jdobbs; 6th January 2018 at 16:38.