Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion

Old 17th October 2020, 16:25   #21  |  Link
kolak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranceBB View Post
Every time I get my hands on a workflow to fulfill a new requirement, I get the feeling that things are getting a bit out of hands (i.e they're getting enormous xD)
Maybe introduce "Forward/Receive" action which is what Vantage does.
Then 1 big workflow can be split into few smaller ones and output of each gets passed to next one. Easier to organise and manage.
kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2020, 09:41   #22  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

I was writing a Wikipedia Page about FFASTrans but I'm struggling to get it approved 'cause they say that it lacks official references...

Here's the page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:...nth_Transcoder

Any suggestions? Have you ever managed to get something approved on Wikipedia?
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2020, 02:08   #23  |  Link
patul

He was complaining about COI, conflict of interest, as if you "advertise" the software. I don't know how to resolve it though, probably a further read on this page will help, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipe...ct_of_interest. A suggestion on writing the content, probably you need to cite the references within the content, rather than just put up reference list.
patul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2020, 09:46   #24  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by patul View Post
He was complaining about COI, conflict of interest, as if you "advertise" the software. I don't know how to resolve it though, probably a further read on this page will help, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipe...ct_of_interest. A suggestion on writing the content, probably you need to cite the references within the content, rather than just put up reference list.
The COI wasn't originally there, it came after I wrote him a message saying him that I wanted to talk to him to discuss what I could improve and modify to get it approved, but rather than replying to me via message, he flagged it as COI... Not the reaction I expected, given that I wanted to ask the reviewer what I could do better to improve the page and get it accepted...
Anyway, about the references, I tried to add as many as I could, but it still didn't work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolak View Post
Maybe introduce "Forward/Receive" action which is what Vantage does.
Then 1 big workflow can be split into few smaller ones and output of each gets passed to next one. Easier to organise and manage.
Well, I decided to split my workflow and it worked.
The way I did it was by calling other workflows using the REST-API, so what you suggested is exactly what I did.
The way it's implemented right now, though, requires a bit of knowledge and scripting of the REST-API, but it can be done.
Old 5th November 2020, 12:33   #25  |  Link
patul

I meant for inline citation, not just reference. Please see in the picture below. I'm not really good in English, sorry.

patul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2020, 12:53   #26  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Ah!! I see!
Yeah, it makes sense. I'll try adding that.
Old 22nd February 2021, 17:39   #27  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Version 1.2.0 Stable Released!!

Code:
Changelog:

- New filter: Safe Color Limiter makes sure you video stays within legal TV ranges.

- New filter: Linear Transformation for linear conversion between different color formats like HDR <-> SDR.

- Both conditional and populate nodes now supports dynamic number of fields and resizes the GUI accordingly.

- Added new operator mode to support regular expressions in the conditional node.

- Added the ability to send attachments and a "Reply to" field to the "Send E-mail" node.

- Added HD profiles to the "DV/DVCPRO" encoder.

- Added lasso functionality for selecting several nodes in the editor.

- Added new function $regreplace() for replacing strings using PCRE regex patterns.

- Added new function $jsonput() for adding JSON data to an existing or create new JSON formatted string.

- Added new variable %s_wf_folder% for getting folder of the running workflow.

- Added new variable %i_job_priority% for getting priority of the running job instance.

- Added new variable %s_split_id% for getting split id of the running job instance.

- Added file count to the "Hold" node wait for file option.

- Added option in "Custom AviSynth" filter to attempt adapting colors pace metadata to video properties.

- Copied nodes with connection within the group is now kept.

- Selected nodes can now be moved simultaneously while keeping their relative position.

- The "YouTube"-decoder will no longer try to download complete lists.

- Improved start TC detection on some formats.

- The "H.264" encoder can now produce MXF files and uncompressed PCM audio in the MOV, MKV and MXF wrappers.

- The "A/V Media" decoder now dither if source video bit depth is higher than specified in the node.

- Increased the number of max active jobs the inbuilt monitor would display.

- The rest service now returns 503 if database is not available. Mostly a problem when running FFAStrans from share.

- Aborting jobs will now try more graceful shutdown of child processes before force killing.

- General improvements to file monitoring and job initiation reliability.

- Addressed several stability issues when running FFAStrans from a share.

- Fixed issue where running FFAStrans would not properly close on shutdown.

- Submitting files to other workflows than the current in editor did not work.

- Video with too short audio could result in corrupt endings.

- Results from PSNR and SSIM in "Video quality" analyzer was switched.

- Fixed issues with catching all STDOUT data from "Command Executor".

- Fixed GUI issues when controlling manager through TeamViewer.

- Fixed several reliability issues with the camera monitors.

- Fixed crash when attempting to use predefined levels in "Colorspace" filter.

- The workflow counter in FFAStrans Workflow Manager lower status bar did not work.

- Fixed issue with the FFAStrans Workflow Manager causing graphic issues and instability when working with large workflows.

- Custom nodes would crash if trying to open a help section that did not exist.

- Variables within variables was not properly expanded.

- The web interface would sometimes show hanging node even though it had finished.

- When submitting file through the API, the job id was initially written to a wrong key.

- Fixed crash that sometimes occurred when enumerating child processes.

- Variables or statics with data containing the pipe "|" character was not displayed in the variables list.

- Numerous other minor bug fixes and improvements.
Download: Link

The website has now been re-written from scratch: http://ffastrans.com/wp/

Cheers,
Frank