Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 27th January 2021, 11:18   #241  |  Link
whiskerry

I have a problem
Settings_ENG.png file in 00001.jar. I extracted the png file with 7zip. I edited it with Photoshop. I replaced the original file with 7zip.
End : https://prnt.sc/xpbdpj
Original : https://prnt.sc/xpbtjc

7zip screnshoot
Before : https://prnt.sc/xpbgvc
After : https://prnt.sc/xpbl45

How to decompile jar files.
Original Jar File : https://yadi.sk/d/u_IjNydoMt-DTg
Png file I edited with Photoshop : https://yadi.sk/i/Xkmm9WSueoGsqg
whiskerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2021, 12:50   #242  |  Link
ocean

Hi whiskerry, fix java in META-INF folder with AnyDVD, read guide points f) and g):

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=152952
ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2021, 14:49   #243  |  Link
whiskerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean View Post
Hi whiskerry, fix java in META-INF folder with AnyDVD, read guide points f) and g):

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=152952

Unfortunately I couldn't do it.
whiskerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2021, 13:25   #244  |  Link
Atibacsi84

Hi everyone! I want to ask for some help. I have a BD menu that has an IG menu. The IG menu part is in a m2ts file, but there is also an audio and a video file next to it. I can't mux the edited IG PNGs to the m2ts file. Can someone help me? Thx!
https://prnt.sc/102qtdh
Atibacsi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2021, 07:51   #245  |  Link
ocean

Hi Atibacsi84, this is a IGS menu multiplexed Video+Audio+Interactive Graphics, they exist menu IGS multiplexed or non-multiplexed, look at this advice:

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...13#post1755113

there was also a program but it is no longer downloadable, only the demo:

http://www.defsoft.com/igfix.html

Last edited by ocean; 22nd February 2021 at 07:58.
Old 23rd February 2021, 08:00   #246  |  Link
Atibacsi84

If I understand correctly, without the IGEditor i can't edit this menu type?
Old 23rd February 2021, 08:30   #247  |  Link
ocean

Exactly, unless BDedit is implemented the function to deal with multiplexed menus.

Last edited by ocean; 23rd February 2021 at 08:37.
Old 23rd February 2021, 09:28   #248  |  Link
Atibacsi84

Thx. Unfortunately BDedit reports an error. Somebody have IGFix 1.0.0 full version?

Last edited by Atibacsi84; 23rd February 2021 at 12:49.
Old 8th April 2021, 21:35   #249  |  Link
rkep71

Buttons On Video

Hi Everyone

I am new to BDedit and think its great but am having a problem I hope someone may be able to help with?

I have been using DVD Architect for years but it compresses the video and I want it left as original. I originally only wanted to replace videos in a BD stucture for original versions and thanks to BDedit I can now do this!

I have now discovered a problem I can't work out how to change. Using DVD Architect I have put a button on the video to take me back to the most recent menu, which works on the original BD. I have copied the new video and clipinf into the BD structure and using BDedit changed times/video/audio etc in the playlist as usual but the button on the video now dosent work?

In the Playlist (Original) there is a IG input and on the Playlist (New). However in the CLIPINFO (Original) section ProgramInfo there is an IG stream and CLIPINFO (New) it isn't there. I guess that this is due to me replacing the clipinf file. The IG stream when double clicked takes me to Menu (Original).

I cannot see how I might be able to edit/duplicate this information and anything else I might be missing onto my edited BD so the button will work. (please see attached).

If it is possible to recreate the button on the new video I would greatly appreciate the help, thx

Best Regards

Richard
Attached Images

rkep71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2021, 13:27   #250  |  Link
infinitesyrup

Desperately looking for help for an issue that refuses to be solved. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean View Post
Exactly, unless BDedit is implemented the function to deal with multiplexed menus.
Hey ocean, ive sent you a private message please take a look
infinitesyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2021, 18:48   #251  |  Link
white1

Hello and greetings ..

I hope somebody still coming here .. I have a Disney bluray with the menu words being scattared in .png files in the 00001 folder like this ..

Link to image: https://ibb.co/Jk7zv09

I would like to know if there is a way to view and edit them in a better organized manner .. or have I no altarnative but to edit them, like they are, in Photoshop?
NB. In BDedit and in the CLIPINF tab, I didn't find any streams with the IG type.
Thanks alot.

Last edited by white1; 20th December 2021 at 18:51. Reason: Image deosn't show
white1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2021, 21:35   #252  |  Link
malimuc

@white1

What is the title (Name) of the movie?
malimuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2021, 07:59   #253  |  Link
rik1138

Mosaics are an easy way for a blu-ray player to load a lot of images quickly for Java programming. Rather than having each one of those images as a separate PNG, they create a mosaic like this and can just load one giant image.
There should also be a text file that describes what is in the mosaic, with coordinates of each graphic. The large image is basically sliced up in memory according to the coordinate doc.
The easiest way to edit the images to fit what you want exactly in the same space as what is already there. But if you need to make a graphic larger, then you'd have to re-create the mosaic image.

Are there available tools that can convert this image back to a bunch of small images, and then back into a mosaic? Obviously the studios have tools that do it, but I can see this being useful in other markets, so maybe someone knows of something that can help easily...

malimuc- the movie is Luca.
rik1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2021, 18:04   #254  |  Link
white1

Quote:
Originally Posted by malimuc View Post
@white1

What is the title (Name) of the movie?
Yes, as rik1138 said, the movie is "Luca".
Old 24th December 2021, 20:19   #255  |  Link
white1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik1138 View Post
Mosaics are an easy way for a blu-ray player to load a lot of images quickly for Java programming. Rather than having each one of those images as a separate PNG, they create a mosaic like this and can just load one giant image.
There should also be a text file that describes what is in the mosaic, with coordinates of each graphic. The large image is basically sliced up in memory according to the coordinate doc.
The easiest way to edit the images to fit what you want exactly in the same space as what is already there. But if you need to make a graphic larger, then you'd have to re-create the mosaic image.

Are there available tools that can convert this image back to a bunch of small images, and then back into a mosaic? Obviously the studios have tools that do it, but I can see this being useful in other markets, so maybe someone knows of something that can help easily...

malimuc- the movie is Luca.
Thank you kindly ..

Coordinates, that's exactly what I'm looking for .. and as I'm trying to add a language with a set of completely different characters (Arabic), I had a hard time modifying a much more simple .png than the previous one, this one ..
The blue-colored words are for "normal" buttons, and the yellow ones are for the same buttons "highlighted" .. modifying a blue word is simple, but the issue comes with the yellow as it appears in a slightly shifted place when you move the cursor .. clearly that is because it's not in the right place in the .png, and you can see in the image, the two words aren't in an easy manner to coordinate precisely ..

Although that's not a big issue in a simple menu like this, it becomes annoying in others, like the main menu where words are in a strip and need more precision (and I'm kind of obsessed with precision) ..

So rik1138, any idea where that text file might be located? and is it a file with a normal .txt extension or in another format?

Thank you .. again!
Old 2nd January 2022, 09:41   #256  |  Link
rik1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by white1 View Post
So rik1138, any idea where that text file might be located? and is it a file with a normal .txt extension or in another format?

Thank you .. again!
Usually it's in the same folder as the PNG, maybe even with the same file name just a different extension.

I don't have Luca, but looking at another Disney/Pixar title I see the same thing- Just the composite PNGs and some JAR files.
So the coordinate information is in the .JAR somewhere. I did a simple Zip extraction of all of the JARs, and didn't see any plain-text files with coordinate info, so it has to be in one of the obfuscated .CLASS files... That's gonna make it hard to track down further unless you are familiar with decompiling Java files, and then recompiling and re-signing the JARs.

Disney seems to have made it as hard as possible to mess with their menu code... (Or Deluxe, whoever is responsible for writing it...)

You might just have to deal with editing the mosaic files themselves, and just living with the graphics not looking perfect.
Or maybe try something a little different with the normal and select states- like have the normal be smaller, and the select get larger (instead of changing color), and maybe it'll be easier to tweak them in the mosaic so they center over each other...

Some studio's Java code is definitely easier to manipulate than others...
rik1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2022, 22:10   #257  |  Link
white1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik1138 View Post
You might just have to deal with editing the mosaic files themselves
Yea, I've started it already .. it requires some effort and patience, but it's doable ..
Thanks alot for your cooperation rik1138, appreciate it.
Old 5th January 2022, 12:02   #258  |  Link
maldon

How do I know if the menu system is IGS or Java?
maldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2022, 11:11   #259  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

The JAR folder contents will tell.
Path: <Root>\BDMV\JAR\
Empty: no Java present
Filled with .jar files and accompanying asset folders: Java present

Last edited by Emulgator; 6th January 2022 at 11:15.
Emulgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2022, 11:51   #260  |  Link
maldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulgator View Post
The JAR folder contents will tell.
Path: <Root>\BDMV\JAR\
Empty: no Java present
Filled with .jar files and accompanying asset folders: Java present
Thank you very much, Emulgator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crl2007 View Post

III. IGS MENUS

Software needed:

1. BDEdit - free. Always check back for latest version.
2. Photoshop CS, CS2 or CS3 ( works best with Scenarist Designer PS ) - not free.
3. Scenarist Designer PS - not free

Let's get started. Read carefully and don't skip any steps.

1. Open your BDMV folder in BDEdit.

2. Go to CLIPINF Tab and look for your menu *.clpi file. Once you found it, press Menu.

3. In the MENU Tab, select the Objects Tab and identify the button or buttons you want to edit.

4. Save them on your hard-disk.

5. Save the buttons color palette.

6. Open all buttons in Photoshop and edit them with the language you want. Save them with the same name BDEdit saved them for you, but like this:

Edit and save all your button states like this. You will have 4 folders containing the final *.png files. Before saving in Photoshop, don't forget to merge all layers.

7. Go back to BDEdit, and in Objects TAB, replace the four button states from there with the ones you just edited. To replace an object, do the following:

8. After you have replaced all the button's states, press MUX, replace the original menu *.m2ts file and that's it.

9. Enjoy !
I have to try this, but besides modifying the buttons, can I erase some of them? Does anyone know?

Suppose I want to modify a German IGS menu with BDedit. This menu:

https://imgbox.com/RJwxmaQR

For example, I want to replace the button “KAPITEL" for “CHAPTERS” or “TON” for “SOUND”. Is it possible to do this, right?

But what about erasing a button, is it possible? For example, could the "DEUTSCH" button or the "ENGLISCH" button be removed? Is it impossible to erase buttons with BDedit and should I use another software for this?
maldon is offline   Reply With Quote