Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 28th May 2019, 06:47   #28521  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
I did that. The extra doesn't play when a new BD-50 is made. But...after further checking, there's something "not right" with the file.. I can make an MKV of it, and have BD-RB import it, but even that doesn't play with PowerDVD 12 or my newer LG player. I'm doing more checking into what's happening.
The only way I could get it to function with the menu correctly was to rerender outside of BD-RB and place the original M2TS.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 29th May 2019 at 18:07.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2019, 20:24   #28522  |  Link
MrVideo

The M2TS that BDRB initially creates is 29.97. After running it thru the movie mode that creates MKV files, it is now listed as variable frame rate at 59.94, original 29.97. I then manually took the M2TS file and ran it thru my script that converts TS files to MKV (using mkvmerge) and it too came out variable frame rate, 60.666 in this case. I then took the original M2TS file and converted it to MKV and got the 59.94 frame rate. Next, I created the MKV via VideoReDo and all was well. Lastly, I made a new M2TS via tsmuxer and then created a MKV via my script. Variable frame rate - 59.94.

The cure... run the M2TS file through VRD. But, you lose the subtitles doing that. You might be able to use tsmuxer to take the video from the VRD MKV and mux it with the other streams from the original.

Needless to say, that M2TS file from the BD is weird.

Last edited by MrVideo; 29th May 2019 at 04:14.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2019, 18:10   #28523  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Needless to say, that M2TS file from the BD is weird.
Yup! I have not come across that before. I wonder if that was the intent of the mastering? I used HandBrake to rerender it. I prefer to keep the PGS.
Old 31st May 2019, 00:29   #28524  |  Link
Lowpro

I have a question about the below option.

MENU_BACKDROP_AUTOSIZE=n n= 0/1 - 0=Off (default), if set to 1, the menu backdrop automatically sized to match items.

In cases where the menu contains 2 pages I'd prefer to not have the menu backdrop automatically size to match the items as shown below.

My preference would be to set a fixed width for the Menu Backdrop that carries over from page to page. (I would have then updated my backdrops so that the "Episode Selection" graphic was centered over the Menu Backdrop.) Is there a way to do this? Is there a way to set the width you want for the Menu Backdrop? I don't see a MENU_BACKDROP_SIZE setting. If I set MENU_BACKDROP_AUTOSIZE to 0 how is the width of the backdrop determined? Does it set the width based on the longest title name, then using that width from page to page? That would certainly work, but it would be nice to also have the option of setting the Menu Backdrop width ourselves.

And on an unrelated note, the item navigation with respects to the PREV and NEXT buttons is sort of backwards if you ask me. When moving down from the last title displayed the PREV button is highlighted. When moving up from the first title displayed the NEXT button is highlighted. Shouldn't that be the other way around? Also, if a menu only consists of 2 pages it would be nice to have a setting where we could choose whether or not to include the PREV button, i.e. "MENU_PREV=n n=0/1 - 0=Off (PREV button not included), 1=On (default, PREV button included)". Just a thought.

Last edited by Lowpro; 31st May 2019 at 00:38.
Lowpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2019, 02:20   #28525  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowpro View Post
And on an unrelated note, the item navigation with respects to the PREV and NEXT buttons is sort of backwards if you ask me. When moving down from the last title displayed the PREV button is highlighted. When moving up from the first title displayed the NEXT button is highlighted. Shouldn't that be the other way around? Also, if a menu only consists of 2 pages it would be nice to have a setting where we could choose whether or not to include the PREV button, i.e. "MENU_PREV=n n=0/1 - 0=Off (PREV button not included), 1=On (default, PREV button included)". Just a thought.
Actually, when there are only two menus, there is only one logical choice for the PREV/NEXT. For page one, the only choice (going up or down) should be NEXT, as page 2 is the next menu. If you are on page two, the only logical choice is PREV, as page one is the only choice and it is the previous menu. Only the single choice, not multiple.

For multiple page menus, going up the list, i.e., to a lower number, should result in PREV being the default choice, and if going down the list, to a higher number should result in NEXT being the default choice.
Old 31st May 2019, 03:27   #28526  |  Link
Lowpro

Quote:
Actually, when there are only two menus, there is only one logical choice for the PREV/NEXT. For page one, the only choice (going up or down) should be NEXT, as page 2 is the next menu. If you are on page two, the only logical choice is PREV, as page one is the only choice and it is the previous menu. Only the single choice, not multiple.

For multiple page menus, going up the list, i.e., to a lower number, should result in PREV being the default choice, and if going down the list, to a higher number should result in NEXT being the default choice.
A two page menu only needs one button for page navigation. That was the main motivation behind my suggestion and yes I agree, a "Next" button on Page 1 and a "Prev" button on Page 2 would be best. I'd still be fine with a single button on both pages labeled "Next" though. Would probably be less coding involved to offer an option excluding the "Prev" button. Again though, I do agree. A "Prev" button on Page 2 would clearly call out that there's no Page 3 and that you'd be taken back to Page 1. For a menu with 3 pages or more you'd want both "Prev" and "Next' buttons as it is now naturally.

And to be honest, I'm fine with "Prev" and "Next" buttons for 2 page menus. Yes it's redundant, but I'm fine with it. I'd just love to see the button navigation changed. If I move down from the last title button it should highlight the "Next" button. If I move up from the first title button it should highlight the "Prev" button.

About that, I wonder if BDedit could be used to implement that after the fact. I use BDedit after the fact to change what episode is highlighted after a title finishes playing and I'm taken back to the menu. BDRB has the next title in the list highlighted. I prefer for the title I just finished watching to still be highlighted just as is the case if I go back to the menu during the given episode. It's just my preference. Very easy to implement in BDedit. Perhaps changing the button navigation with respects to the "Prev" and "Next" buttons could be done from BDedit as well. Not sure.

Last edited by Lowpro; 31st May 2019 at 03:33.
Old 31st May 2019, 23:12   #28527  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowpro View Post
I use BDedit after the fact to change what episode is highlighted after a title finishes playing and I'm taken back to the menu. BDRB has the next title in the list highlighted. I prefer for the title I just finished watching to still be highlighted just as is the case if I go back to the menu during the given episode. It's just my preference.
It isn't my preference. When I test my discs, I want the next title to be highlighted so I can just do a single click to play it. I go through all of the chapter marks to make sure they are right. The last one is a second from the end, so it goes back to the menu at the next video.

So, it would require a new configuration option to do what you want.
Old 1st June 2019, 20:26   #28528  |  Link
Lowpro

Quote:
It isn't my preference. When I test my discs, I want the next title to be highlighted so I can just do a single click to play it. I go through all of the chapter marks to make sure they are right. The last one is a second from the end, so it goes back to the menu at the next video.

So, it would require a new configuration option to do what you want.
Call me a control freak I guess. Don't mind the extra navigation step. If an item is highlighted in the menu I want to always know it's highlighted, because I highlighted it. :-P
Old 7th June 2019, 05:11   #28529  |  Link
Blurayhd

Hi guys Let me tell you, I love BD rebuilder (Thank you Jdobbs!!) but I need to do reencodes with a lot of movies that I have on my collection, this movies are in MKV because as I told before (and it still makes me suffer) I lost several Bluray original disc, special editions etc) but time ago just in case I did with Makemkv a perfect copy of the most Bluray

So, I need the space on my hard disc and I have to reduce de size but keeping quality as possible, and for do that first all tracks that was DTS that I convert to AC3 640kbps and with BD rebuilder last week I tried several times with alternate movie, 1920x1080,intact audio with CRF, 23, 22, 21 etc I reduce various MKV movies to a smaller size , when the original MKV size is 24,6gb Bd rebuilder with CRF 21 reduce the size to 7gb, so I tried with external hard disk watch this movie on my TV and I hear the audio but suddently it get mute (no sound), and the movie some times just freezes, if I do forward I can hear again but seconds later just mute again, and the subtitles tracks that contains the MKV I can select but doesnīt appears on screen!!

So, please donīt angry with me dear Jdobbs like I sayd and still saying I love BD rebuilder but I had to try another software, same movie, MKV, audio tracks etc and I use Handbrake and I tried to watch on tv and all was excelent, no audio problems, and the subtitle appears

Today I return to try with Bd rebuilder because I so wish to use your amazing software but I check again and same problem that I had in first place

I put the log here, please could help me? maybe I have to change something on Bd rebuilder? Maybe on ffdshow?

Here the log

[06/06/19] BD Rebuilder v0.60.04
[23:58:47] Source: HANSEL_AND_GRETEL_WITCH_HUNTERS_BD50_00000
- Input BD size: 22.13 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:37:56.161]
- Windows Version: 6.2 [9200]
- MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
- Mode: MKV Container, 1920x1080, Intact Audio
- Quality: Good (Very Fast)
- Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[23:58:47] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [23:58:47] Processing: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
- [23:58:47] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
- [00:05:34] Reencoding video [VID_00000]
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 140,887 frames
- [00:05:34] Reencoding: VID_00000, Pass 1 of 1
- [00:33:34] Video Encode complete
- [00:33:34] Processing audio tracks
- Track 4352 (eng): Keeping original audio
- Track 4353 (spa): Keeping original audio
[00:33:34]PHASE ONE complete
[00:33:34]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [00:33:34] Building ALTERNATE OUTPUT Structure
[00:35:35] - Encode and Rebuild complete
[00:35:35] JOB: HANSEL_AND_GRETEL_WITCH_HUNTERS_BD50 finished.
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2019, 08:08   #28530  |  Link
MrVideo

You aren't doing two-pass video encode and the log says that you are keeping the original audio. I'm not saying that this is the reason you are having issues.
Old 7th June 2019, 21:28   #28531  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
You aren't doing two-pass video encode and the log says that you are keeping the original audio. I'm not saying that this is the reason you are having issues.
Hi Mrvideo and I want to thank you for helping me so I tell you as you said I donīt doing two pass, so far I know the CRF is just one pass?

And about the audio track yes I keeping the original audio at least in AC3 (the original is DTS but take more space that I not need and I donīt have the sistem for DTS) like I said I keeping in AC3 with the most biltrate possible that is 640kbps

I donīt know why BD rebuilder give me this problems, in few words..

Iīm trying to encode a lot of MKV with CRF for decrease the size keeping 1920x1080 and intact audio

When I play the MKV movie that was previously created with BD rebuilder when I watch I see the following problems

1 When I do forward the movie no matter when the sound just get muted if I do forward again and play the sound return but seconds later get muted again

2- In same cases the movie get freezes, I mean, suddently get static just like if you pause the movie and there is not more I can do

3- the subtitle tracks are there, I mean, on screen when I try to select, give me the option for select between the two tracks but when one is selected the subtitles doesnīt appears!!

I donīt know what to do, because that, I just tried that another tool that do the encode without any kind of problems but like I said I want to use as always do, Bd rebuilder but I need to know if anybody can maybe tell me what to do?

Thank in advance
Old 7th June 2019, 22:27   #28532  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
Try unchecking "Keep HD Audio in Set up
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2019, 23:35   #28533  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post

Thank you Iīll try and tell you
Old 8th June 2019, 00:36   #28534  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Dear Gonca thank you for helping me I just tried that and doesnīt work

I donīt know what to do
Old 8th June 2019, 03:21   #28535  |  Link
Blurayhd

I just tried with this too and still have same problem and I know have to be something wrong with BD rebuilder because with others tools I donīt have any problems but like I said I so wish to use BD rebuilder because I trust and for years I only give me faith

----------------------
[06/07/19] BD Rebuilder v0.60.04
[21:26:50] Source: HANSEL_AND_GRETEL_WITCH_HUNTERS_BD50_00000
- Input BD size: 22.13 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:37:56.161]
- Windows Version: 6.2 [9200]
- MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
- Mode: MKV Container, 1920x1080, 640Kbs DD5.1
- Quality: Good (Very Fast)
- Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=0 Kbs=640
[21:26:57] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [21:26:57] Processing: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
- [21:26:57] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
- [21:33:43] Reencoding video [VID_00000]
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 140,887 frames
- [21:33:43] Reencoding: VID_00000, Pass 1 of 1
- [22:07:37] Video Encode complete
- [22:07:37] Processing audio tracks
- Track 4352 (eng): Keeping original audio
- Track 4353 (spa): Keeping original audio
[22:07:48]PHASE ONE complete
[22:07:48]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [22:07:48] Building ALTERNATE OUTPUT Structure
[22:09:47] - Encode and Rebuild complete
[22:09:47] JOB: HANSEL_AND_GRETEL_WITCH_HUNTERS_BD50 finished.

I donīt know I really want to thank you all for your pacience, all I need to do is with Alternate movie and CRF option is get a smaller size but the movie seconds later get muted if I do forward the sound returns but seconds later again get muted, maybe I need to select or change something on ffdshow? :-(

Maybe I do have to re install all but thereīs some step for install ?

Last edited by Blurayhd; 8th June 2019 at 03:33.
Old 8th June 2019, 11:09   #28536  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Define "gets muted"? You getting a cinavia message code 3 error?
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 11:29   #28537  |  Link
gonca

@BlurayHD
Maybe you should try LAV Directshow filters
This is listed as 2A in the setup instructions in the first page
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2019, 17:32   #28538  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
Define "gets muted"? You getting a cinavia message code 3 error?
I meant youīre wathing the movie and suddenly silence the sound, no sound and no is not Cinavia. And if I do forward the sound again but seconds later again the same problem
Old 8th June 2019, 17:33   #28539  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
@BlurayHD
Maybe you should try LAV Directshow filters
This is listed as 2A in the setup instructions in the first page
I already tried, I downloaded LAV and installed it but still the problem :-(
Old 8th June 2019, 19:05   #28540  |  Link
AmigaFuture

@ Blurayhd

I haven't been keeping with the thread as Doom9.org is again not sending Emails. BD-RB and associated programs don't mute the audio in movies. This means your program or some other program is getting in the way. I agree with Ch3vr0n, this comes across as a Cinavia protection. But after using DuckDuckGo.com (I don't rely on Goggle at all...), I noticed this: "I have with the Blu-ray copy of 'Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters' crashing after 5 minutes when I was using PowerDVD 14." Are you using that version of PowerDVD? Or any version of PowerDVD?