Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 7th May 2009, 06:33   #821  |  Link
Milardo

AVStoDVD 2.2.0 Alpha 090506!

Hi again, I've just tested the latest build (above) and found a few bugs and have a few feature requests/small changes. One question is imgburn allowed to be distributed/used in other software? Because if it is you could include in the installation/no install version using the portable imgburn version. Another question is how do you manually add another menu page? Is it possible to change the bitrate/resolution of the menus? Lastly, is there a way to just choose one bitrate for video encoding like the audio encoding? I'm sorry I don't understand all the low/high bitrate settings. Most dvd apps I've tried have just one setting for video bitrate. Is there a way to access the chapters by way of menu? Anyways some bugs I found would be I had a mpeg file encoded by Kiss encoder ([url]http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Kiss_DTV_2_DVD) that said I had to type in a duration time. Another bug I found was that sometimes when you try to edit the titles a second time I got an error message-runtime error '383' 'Text Property' is read-only. Another bug is when I tried using already dvd-compliant files I got this log where it failed to encode audio.

<5/6/2009 8:58:09 PM>
START PROCESS
<>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Video Standard: NTSC
DVD Titles number: 2
DVD Size: 65/4435 MB (1%)
DVD Output Setup: DVD Folder
DVD Label: Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
DVD Menu: Motion Menu
Output Folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Reggie\Desktop
Save Log file: Yes
Delete Temp Process Files: Yes
Delete Working Files: Yes
Edit Command Parameters: Yes
Post Process Task: Show Progress Status window

<>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
Video: C:\Documents and Settings\Reggie\My Documents\Kiss Videos\Project-(1)\twinsac3\TWINS - ( KTV )_New.m2v
Info: MPEG-2 Video - 589 kbps - 352x240 - DAR 1.333 - 29.97 fps - PPF - 3:44 minutes - 6729 frames
Audio: C:\Documents and Settings\Reggie\My Documents\Kiss Videos\Project-(1)\twinsac3\TWINS - ( KTV )_New.ac3
Info: AC3 - 64 kbps - CBR - 48000Hz - 2ch - 3:45 minutes
Subs:
[MediaInfoLib - v0.7.15]
<>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
Import("C:\Documents and Settings\Reggie\My Documents\Firefox and Internet Explorer Downloads\AVStoDVD_220Apha090506_NoInstall\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("C:\Documents and Settings\Reggie\My Documents\Kiss Videos\Project-(1)\twinsac3\TWINS - ( KTV )_New.m2v", CacheFolder = "C:\DOCUME~1\Reggie\LOCALS~1\Temp")
Video = Video.ConvertToYV12
Video = Video.BicubicResize(352,240,0,0.5)

Return Video
<>

START VIDEO DEMUXING OPERATIONS
Target Video FileSize: 15.8 MB
FFmpeg Parameters: -i "C:\Documents and Settings\Reggie\My Documents\Kiss Videos\Project-(1)\twinsac3\TWINS - ( KTV )_New.m2v" -vcodec copy "C:\Documents and Settings\Reggie\Desktop\Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy_0_Title_01_Twins.m2v"
<>

<5/6/2009 8:58:10 PM>
END VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
Created File: C:\Documents and Settings\Reggie\Desktop\Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy_0_Title_01_Twins.m2v (15.7 MB)
OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 589 kbps - 352x240 - DAR 1.333 - 29.97 fps - PPF - 3:44 minutes - 6729 frames
<>

<5/6/2009 8:58:10 PM>
START AUDIO DEMUXING OPERATIONS
FFmpeg Parameters: -i "C:\Documents and Settings\Reggie\My Documents\Kiss Videos\Project-(1)\twinsac3\TWINS - ( KTV )_New.ac3" -acodec copy "C:\Documents and Settings\Reggie\Desktop\Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy_0_Title_01_Twins.ToFix"
<>

<5/6/2009 8:58:11 PM>
ERROR DURING OPERATIONS ('AUDIO enconding operations' Section): 0 -
<>

<5/6/2009 8:58:11 PM>
PROCESS ABORTED.
<>

Some features/small changes I hope to see if possible would be a simple way to adjust video bitrate meaning one value like the audio bitrate is done. Also, on the resolution option show the size and profile-vcd-352-240, etc. Also, in the menu-manual bitrate adjustment, resolution size, custom menu navigation, custom highlight of button color, the ability to place text anywhere, and a way to create a new menu even though you don't have any more videos to place in, chapter menu access, etc. Oh yeah, maybe a full abort button so you don't have to go through all of the encoders and have to quit them all to end the encoding/authoring.

I know this a lot to read, but thanks in advance for how many questions you answer and features you would put in.

Oh yeah, i'm getting this error also.

<5/6/2009 10:53:50 PM>
START PROCESS
<>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Titles number: 2
DVD Size: 292/4435 MB (7%)
DVD Label: DVD
DVD Menu: Motion Menu
Output Folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Reggie\My Documents\Encoded Media Files\AVSTODVD
Edit Command Parameters: Yes

<>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
Video: C:\Documents and Settings\Reggie\My Documents\My Videos\Music Videos\Chinese\asf files\173_300k.asf
Info: S-Mpeg 4 v3 - 266 kbps - 240x180 - DAR 1.333 - 25 fps - - 3:58 minutes - 5965 frames
Audio: C:\Documents and Settings\Reggie\My Documents\My Videos\Music Videos\Chinese\asf files\173_300k.asf
Info: WMA2 - 20 kbps - - 22050Hz - 1ch - 3:58 minutes
Subs:
[]
<>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
LoadPlugin("C:\Documents and Settings\Reggie\My Documents\Installation Files For Reggies Desktop Computer\AVStoDVD_220Apha090506_NoInstall\Lib\FFMpegSource.dll")

Video = FFmpegSource("C:\Documents and Settings\Reggie\My Documents\My Videos\Music Videos\Chinese\asf files\173_300k.asf", vtrack = -1, atrack = -2, vcachefile = "C:\DOCUME~1\Reggie\LOCALS~1\Temp\A2DFFV_" + String(Rand()) + ".cache", seekmode = 0)
#Using DGPulldown to upsize FPS
Video = Video.BicubicResize(352,240,0,0.5)

Audio = FFAudioSource("C:\Documents and Settings\Reggie\My Documents\My Videos\Music Videos\Chinese\asf files\173_300k.asf", atrack = -1, acachefile = "C:\DOCUME~1\Reggie\LOCALS~1\Temp\A2DFFA1_" + String(Rand()) + ".cache", acachefile2 = "C:\DOCUME~1\Reggie\LOCALS~1\Temp\A2DFFA2_" + String(Rand()) + ".cache")
Audio = Audio.SSRC(48000)
Audio = Audio.ConvertToMono

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
<>

<5/6/2009 10:54:06 PM>
START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
Encoding Profile: HCenc OPV 1-pass
Target Video FileSize: 142.5 MB
HCenc Parameters: -ini "C:\DOCUME~1\Reggie\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_1_Title_01_173_300k.HCenc.ini"
HCenc ini file:
*INFILE C:\DOCUME~1\Reggie\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_1_Title_01_173_300k.avs
*AVSRELOAD
*OUTFILE C:\Documents and Settings\Reggie\My Documents\Encoded Media Files\AVSTODVD\DVD_1_Title_01_173_300k.m2v
*LOGFILE C:\DOCUME~1\Reggie\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_1_Title_01_173_300k.HCenc.log
*MAXBITRATE 9000
*CQ_MAXBITRATE 1
*BITRATE 5000
*PROFILE BEST
*ASPECT 4:3
*PROGRESSIVE
*BIAS 50
*DC_PREC 9
*MATRIX MPEG
*AQ 1
*LUMGAIN 0
*SMP
*PRIORITY IDLE
*WAIT 2
<>

<5/6/2009 10:54:12 PM>
PROCESS ABORTED DURING TITLE 1 VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS.

CHECK LOG FILE <C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\REGGIE\MY DOCUMENTS\ENCODED MEDIA FILES\AVSTODVD\DVD_1.LOG> FOR MORE INFO.
<>

<5/6/2009 10:54:12 PM>
Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.2.0 Alpha build 090506
<>

Last edited by Milardo; 7th May 2009 at 07:20.
Milardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2009, 01:21   #822  |  Link
MysticE

Hi MrC,

Trying out the new Alpha. What's with the main page icons, The 'X' previews, the '?' adds, the '+' edits, and the 'film reel' removes??????
MysticE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2009, 13:58   #823  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Yes, new Alpha is out, you have got it!

It is a *very* alpha release, maybe a little too anticipated. I had time to do very few debug work, but I want to share it with you. I know your patience and your will to help

Hereafter the long new features list (main are in bold).

- Added support to customizable DVD Chapters (new tab in 'Title Edit' section and new functions in Preview Clip section)
- Added support to multiple Audio Tracks input files (many input Audio Tracks -> one output Audio Track)
- Added last 5 recent Projects history in 'File' Menu section
- Added 'Title Edit'/'Refresh Title' option
- Changed 'Settings' section in 'Preferences' section. Warning: now all changes made in 'Preferences' section are NOT reflected in current project settings.
- Added Wave PCM Audio support
- Added 'AC3 Audio Encoder' to 'Preferences'/'Encoding' (Wavi+Aften, FFmpeg+Aften, QuEnc)
- Added 'AUTO' option to 'Preferences'/'AudioVideo'/'Video Resolution'
- Added 'Audio Normalize' option to 'Preferences'/'AudioVideo'
- Removed 'Fix AC3 Errors' from 'Preferences'/'AudioVideo'
- Added 'Keep DVD Compliant Video' option in 'Title Edit'/'Video'
- Added 'Keep DVD Compliant Audio' option in 'Title Edit'/'Audio'
- Added 'Fix AC3 Errors' option to 'Title Edit'/'Audio'
- Moved 'Advanced Settings' tab from 'Preferences' to main AVStoDVD window (added new button/switch in the taskbar)
- Added 'Post Process' options in main window 'Advanced Settings'
- Removed 'DVD Label' from 'Preferences'/'AuthoringBurning'
- Added 'DVD Label' option to main window 'Advanced Settings'
- Removed 'Enable Multithread Encoding' option from 'Preferences'/'Encoding'
- Added 'Enable Multithread Encoding' option to main window 'Advanced Settings'
- Removed 'DVD Menu' tab from 'Preferences' section
- Added 'DVD Menu'/'Wizard' command & new form
- Added 'DVD Menu'/'Reset' command
- Added support to multi pages DVD Menu
- Added support to 4:3 Aspect Ratio DVD Menu
- Added possibility to remove 'Play All' button from DVD Menu
- Improved 'MaxMenuTitles': from 17 to 99 titles
- Added ffdshow Output Mixer settings check. Prompt to change it to 'same as input'.
- Improved log file (added DVD Menu Building info)
- FFmpeg updated to r16596
- MediaInfo updated to 0.7.15
- ImgBurn updated to 2.4.4.0

Any suggestions are welcome as usual.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2009, 14:16   #824  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@Milardo

Quote:
One question is imgburn allowed to be distributed/used in other software
ImgBurn is distributed only in the Installer package. Because of the new features complexity and number, I have decided to distribute only the NoInstall package.

Quote:
Another question is how do you manually add another menu page?
Using the Menu Wizard, you can select the max titles number per page.

Quote:
Is it possible to change the bitrate/resolution of the menus
No, it is fixed (6000 kbps for video and 192 kbps for audio).

Quote:
is there a way to just choose one bitrate for video encoding like the audio encoding?
Yes. Go to 'Title Edit'/'Video'/'Auto Video Setup'/'Auto BitRate Calculation'

Quote:
Is there a way to access the chapters by way of menu?
Right now it is not possible. Menu supports only titles, not chapters.

Quote:
Anyways some bugs I found would be I had a mpeg file encoded by Kiss encoder ([url]http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Kiss_DTV_2_DVD) that said I had to type in a duration time.
Well, you should address your complain to Kiss encoder's author, to output mpeg files with all the corrects tags, to be read by MediaInfo library.

Quote:
Another bug I found was that sometimes when you try to edit the titles a second time I got an error message-runtime error '383' 'Text Property' is read-only
You should be more precise. When does it happen? Have you seen any commonalities? Debugger's job is not easy...

Quote:
Another bug is when I tried using already dvd-compliant files I got this log where it failed to encode audio.
Thanks for the report. I will check.
[Edit 10/05/2009] Bug found for DVD compliant AC3/MP2 audio retaining. Will fix.

Quote:
Also, on the resolution option show the size and profile-vcd-352-240
It can be added.

Quote:
Also, in the menu-manual bitrate adjustment, resolution size, custom menu navigation, custom highlight of button color, the ability to place text anywhere, and a way to create a new menu even though you don't have any more videos to place in, chapter menu access, etc.
Wait, wait, I have only one life to improve AVStoDVD... and I am doing it in my little free time...

Quote:
maybe a full abort button so you don't have to go through all of the encoders and have to quit them all to end the encoding/authoring.
Not possible: I do not have the full control of third part softwares. Forget it.

The last error could be caused by the AVS Source Filter used: FFMpegSource instead of A2DSource. Retry with A2DSource. And be sure you have a directshow codec to decode your asf file.

@MysticE

Really? It should not happen (of course ). Have you unzipped the package over a old AVStoDVD release? If yes, unzip to a fresh folder and retry.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum

Last edited by MrC; 10th May 2009 at 15:18. Reason: Added comment for bug found
Old 9th May 2009, 17:55   #825  |  Link
hlrsnd

New release looks great though I haven't tried it yet. Particularly interested in the 4:3 menu, and multi page menus.

What about HC Encoder 0.24. Not (yet) suitable for AVStoDVD?

Will it ever be possible to use .avs scripts as input files? I assume not, due to the way menus are created, but my source video files are combined and edited using Avisynth scripts, and I have to save those as .avi files to use AVStoDVD. It would be nice to skip that step, but I can live with it.

Thanks for continuing to develop. There are many promising freeware projects with only one developer that die out once the developer moves on.
hlrsnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2009, 22:59   #826  |  Link
MysticE

Quote:
Really? It should not happen (of course ). Have you unzipped the package over a old AVStoDVD release? If yes, unzip to a fresh folder and retry.
Silly me.

A new problem. When converting a PAL VOB to NTSC it seems 'keep compliant audio' has to be unchecked?

Another odd problem. If I don't do all my changes in the correct order, 'Preferences' 1st, then 'View/Edit' or if I come back after a conversion and go to change some settings, when I hit 'View/Edit' I get this, then it crashes:

http://file.walagata.com/w/mysticx/00AVSShot2.jpg
Old 10th May 2009, 15:15   #827  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@hlrsnd

Quote:
What about HC Encoder 0.24. Not (yet) suitable for AVStoDVD?
Yes, it is. But I prefer not to include it until it is still in a beta release. BTW you can overwrite HCenc.exe (0.23) with 0.24 and everything will work. Of course, 1-pass VBR will be not available.

Quote:
Will it ever be possible to use .avs scripts as input files?
It will be. The only "difficult" issue is that MediaInfo does not support them, so I have to find another way to analyse a avs file.

@MysticE

Quote:
When converting a PAL VOB to NTSC it seems 'keep compliant audio' has to be unchecked?
There are some new PAL->NTSC bugs to be fixed. Within one days or two there will be another Alpha. NTSC guys have to wait a little bit.

Quote:
If I don't do all my changes in the correct order, 'Preferences' 1st, then 'View/Edit' or if I come back after a conversion and go to change some settings, when I hit 'View/Edit' I get this, then it crashes
Please, exactly list all the steps that bring you to the crash. It is very important to understand where is the problem.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 13th May 2009, 01:04   #828  |  Link
Surf
Senior Kindergarten

Hi MrC,

Nice program. Is there any plan to re-write it to be HD/blu-ray import(ing) friendly? For the heck of it I fooled around trying to have your program load a raw m2ts avc file...."you" said, "I dunno know how long the length is, please input it manually". Something like that...I cheated by copying my own ultra-basic avisynth script that I created with AVSP over yours....

2nd, how about providing a "setup-page" for HCenc instead of having me to wait till "you" do your thing...

3rd, allowing me to use my own bmp/jpg for menu-ing?

Sorry for sounding so un-technical for I am just a joe-public.

TIA
Surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 18:56   #829  |  Link
ummus

Sir, how to compress the DVD video files?
ummus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 19:39   #830  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@Surf

first of all thanks for the nice words and for using AVStoDVD. Then I think that you have all the solution at your hands.

1. If you are prompted to input the time length of the raw m2ts avc file, that's because MediaInfo does not recognize it. Please input it manually and go ahead.

2. A very simple HCenc setup page is already present: go to 'Title Edit'/'Video', toggle off 'Auto Video Setup' and a HCenc options button will be available. Does that suit your request?

3. You can already: in the DVD Menu Editor form, click on 'Edit Mode' and click on the menu background. In the 'Item Graphic Properties' section you can change the background image.

@ummus

What do you exactly mean by Sir, how to compress the DVD video files? Do you want to compress the DVD folders output by AVStoDVD? If yes, you can use DVDShrink.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 13th May 2009, 23:19   #831  |  Link
Surf
Senior Kindergarten

1. Strange that Mediainfo "cannot" recognize the m2ts within your program for I can do so outside by right clicking the file and it tells me all the blah blah blah.

2. All I like to see is the ability to tell HCenc to use a desired matrix and to go nuts and max out the bitrate for I am attempting to backup with dual-layer size from the HD/Blu-Ray.

3. My bad. I missed it.

New request:

The ability to chop the beginning of the movie...dreamworks, buckenheimer...20th century, warner....blah blah..
Surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 01:14   #832  |  Link
MysticE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf View Post
New request:
The ability to chop the beginning of the movie...dreamworks, buckenheimer...20th century, warner....blah blah..
Try 'Trim' in the AviSynth tab.
Old 14th May 2009, 22:09   #833  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
1. Strange that Mediainfo "cannot" recognize the m2ts within your program for I can do so outside by right clicking the file and it tells me all the blah blah blah.
Are you sure that using MediaInfo GUI you can read your m2ts video duration? If yes, could you post here MediaInfo text output? Or, better, could you upload (mediafire.com) a short portion of the m2ts to analyze it?

Quote:
2. All I like to see is the ability to tell HCenc to use a desired matrix and to go nuts and max out the bitrate for I am attempting to backup with dual-layer size from the HD/Blu-Ray.
Have you found 'HCenc Advanced Options'? In that section you can select your desired matrix. In 'Title Edit'/'Video' you can manually increase video bitrate.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 15th May 2009, 19:18   #834  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

New Alpha is out.

Change log from previous Alpha:

- Some bugs fixed (included ac3 retaining and PAL->NTSC conversion)
- Added support to AviSynth scripts as input media format
- Added AviSynth function 'A2DInfo.avsi': a AviSynth Media Info function
- Added WxH pixels info in 'Edit Title'/'Video'/'Video Resolution'
- Re-added 'Avs2Avi' (AviSynth script processor)
- Improved errors handling

Take note that this Alpha will erase AVStoDVD registry key without any user warning. So, if you are planning to come back to 2.1.4 and you do not want to loose your preferences, make a backup of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AVStoDVD.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum

Last edited by MrC; 15th May 2009 at 19:22.
Old 15th May 2009, 20:53   #835  |  Link
turbojet

Hi, thanks for the new version.

I found a few cosmetic issues:
- help icon at the top only shows about half of the icon with vista
- the only thing that works in help menu is donate

Also I was wondering if there was any plans to add bluray to dvd conversion I've seen this requested a few times and I could use a much easier method of doing it too. If so I see some of the functionality is already there but a few things that I notice are missing and possibile ways to add support are:
- HD audio input, tsmuxer or eac3to can extract AC3/DTS core, aften to encode to compliant AC3 bitrate
- subtitles, tsmuxer can resize bd sup to dvd sup
- chapters, eac3to can extract mkv like files that can be translated into celltimes format

Also it's probably been asked many times before but are there any plans to support CCE encoding?

Last edited by turbojet; 16th May 2009 at 05:05.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 22:41   #836  |  Link
MysticE

Hi MrC,

Tying the new alpha, my previous problem 'Text Property is Read only' appears fixed.

Tried converting a PAL 4:3LB VOB (music vid) to 16:9 NTSC all went well except for the 'Trim' function (to cut a logo off the end).

It looked right in the Preview but the final conversion, although shorter than the original, 3mn 29s-> 3mn 25s, was not short enough.

Code:
DVD Titles number: 1
DVD Size: 159/4435 MB (4%)
DVD Label: DVD_trim test no fade
DVD Menu: No Menu
Output Folder: G:\AVStoDVD
Edit Command Parameters: No

<>

<5/15/2009 3:48:52 PM>
TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
Video: H:\MOTORHEAD_BONESHAKER\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB
Info: MPEG-2 Video - 2898 kbps - 704x576 - DAR 1.333 - 25 fps - TFF - 3:29 minutes - 5236 frames
Audio: H:\MOTORHEAD_BONESHAKER\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB
Info: AC3 - 256 kbps - CBR - 48000Hz - 2ch - 3:29 minutes
Subs: 
[MediaInfoLib - v0.7.15]
<>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
Import("C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("H:\MOTORHEAD_BONESHAKER\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB", CacheFolder = "C:\DOCUME~1\Johnny\LOCALS~1\Temp")
#Using DGPulldown to upsize FPS
Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(720,480,0,66,0,-66)

Audio = A2DAudioSource("H:\MOTORHEAD_BONESHAKER\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB", CacheFolder = "C:\DOCUME~1\Johnny\LOCALS~1\Temp")

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
Trim(0,5130)
<>

START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
Encoding Profile: QuEnc CBR 1-pass
Target Video FileSize: 149.1 MB
QuEnc Parameters: -i "C:\DOCUME~1\Johnny\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_trim test no fade_0_Title_01.avs" -o "G:\AVStoDVD\DVD_trim test no fade_0_Title_01.m2v" -b 6100 -1 -hq -novbr -scene -trell -aspectratio 16:9 -interlaced -tff -mpeg2mux noaudio -dc 10 -priority 5 -auto -close
<>

<5/15/2009 3:53:02 PM>
Created File: G:\AVStoDVD\DVD_trim test no fade_0_Title_01.m2v (149.2 MB)
OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 6200 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 25 fps - TFF - 3:25 minutes - 5131 frames
<>

<5/15/2009 3:53:10 PM>
END PULLDOWN OPERATIONS
DGPulldown executed on File: G:\AVStoDVD\DVD_trim test no fade_0_Title_01.m2v (149.2 MB)
OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 6201 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 29.97 fps - PPF - 3:25 minutes - 6150 frames
<>

<5/15/2009 3:53:10 PM>
START AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS
Wavi (WAV) Parameters: "C:\DOCUME~1\Johnny\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_trim test no fade_0_Title_01.avs" "C:\DOCUME~1\Johnny\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_trim test no fade_0_Title_01.wav"
Aften (AC3) Parameters: -b 384 "C:\DOCUME~1\Johnny\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_trim test no fade_0_Title_01.wav" "G:\AVStoDVD\DVD_trim test no fade_0_Title_01.ac3"
<>

<5/15/2009 3:53:17 PM>
END AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS
Created File: G:\AVStoDVD\DVD_trim test no fade_0_Title_01.ac3 (9.4 MB)
OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 384 kbps - CBR - 48000Hz - 2ch - 3:25 minutes
<>

<5/15/2009 3:53:18 PM>
START DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
BatchMux Parameters: -arglist "C:\DOCUME~1\Johnny\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_trim test no fade_0_BatchMux.ini"
BatchMux ini file:
-d "G:\AVStoDVD\DVD_trim test no fade_0\VIDEO_TS"
-mxp "C:\DOCUME~1\Johnny\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_trim test no fade_0_MuxMan.mxp"
-l "C:\DOCUME~1\Johnny\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_trim test no fade_0_MuxMan.log"
-muxman "C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\MuxMan"
-prio LOW
-v "G:\AVStoDVD\DVD_trim test no fade_0_Title_01.m2v"
-vidmode LB
-a1 "G:\AVStoDVD\DVD_trim test no fade_0_Title_01.ac3"
-a1lang en

<>

<5/15/2009 3:53:22 PM>
END DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
Created Folder: G:\AVStoDVD\DVD_trim test no fade_0 (161.7 MB)
<>

<5/15/2009 3:53:22 PM>
Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.2.0 Alpha build 090515
<>
Old 16th May 2009, 04:51   #837  |  Link
leoliver

Question about playback Framerate

Hi Everyone,

When I use AVSTODVD to encode a AVI (XviD) file to a VOB file , the settings are to change the 23.976 fps of the AVI into a frame rate of 29.970 fps for the VOB files.
And when I checked the completed VOB files , with MediaInfo , it says the VOB files do have a 29.970 fps .
But when I playback the DVD movie with Media Player Classic or Nero Showtime , either player will say that FPS playback rate is 23.8 , not 29.970 .
The movie looked great , but I was curious about the discrepancy between what my AVSTODVD log file (and MediaInfo) says the frame rate is , and what the media players say the frame rate is .
Any feedback on this will be appreciated.
Old 16th May 2009, 04:58   #838  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliver View Post
Hi Everyone,

When I use AVSTODVD to encode a AVI (XviD) file to a VOB file , the settings are to change the 23.976 fps of the AVI into a frame rate of 29.970 fps for the VOB files.
And when I checked the completed VOB files , with MediaInfo , it says the VOB files do have a 29.970 fps .
But when I playback the DVD movie with Media Player Classic or Nero Showtime , either player will say that FPS playback rate is 23.8 , not 29.970 .
The movie looked great , but I was curious about the discrepancy between what my AVSTODVD log file (and MediaInfo) says the frame rate is , and what the media players say the frame rate is .
Any feedback on this will be appreciated.
While it's on DVD as 29.97 it really contains 23.976 material and the framerate was never really changed. This is known as pulldown.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 06:34   #839  |  Link
MysticE

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
While it's on DVD as 29.97 it really contains 23.976 material and the framerate was never really changed. This is known as pulldown.
Although that sounds correct MediInfo should report it as 29.970 fps.

Here's the info from a source AVI:

Video
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Format profile : Streaming Video@L1
Format settings, BVOP : Yes
Format settings, QPel : No
Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix : Default
Muxing mode : Packed bitstream
Codec ID : XVID
Codec ID/Hint : XviD
Duration : 20mn 40s
Bit rate : 1 034 Kbps
Width : 624 pixels
Height : 352 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps

Here it is after conversion:

Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@Main
Format settings, Matrix : Default
Duration : 6mn 55s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 8 020 Kbps
Nominal bit rate : 8 500 Kbps
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 29.970 fps

Playing the converted file in NeroShowtime will show the frame rate as 23.8. GSpot shows the file as Pics/s 23.976 and Frames/s 29.970 with 3:2.

@leoliver

I don't see any settings anymore for pulldown (there were in the past). It should be automatic.

What does the log say?

<5/16/2009 12:06:53 AM>
Created File: G:\AVStoDVD\DVD_0_Title_01.m2v (421.3 MB)
OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 8653 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps - PPF - 6:55 minutes - 9960 frames
<>

<5/16/2009 12:07:16 AM>
END PULLDOWN OPERATIONS
DGPulldown executed on File: G:\AVStoDVD\DVD_0_Title_01.m2v (421.3 MB)
OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 8645 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 29.97 fps - PPF - 6:55 minutes - 12462 frames

Last edited by MysticE; 16th May 2009 at 06:41.
Old 16th May 2009, 14:27   #840  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
- help icon at the top only shows about half of the icon with vista
- the only thing that works in help menu is donate
Thanks for the cosmetic bugs report! I will fix them.

Quote:
Also I was wondering if there was any plans to add bluray to dvd conversion I've seen this requested a few times and I could use a much easier method of doing it too. If so I see some of the functionality is already there but a few things that I notice are missing and possibile ways to add support are:
- HD audio input, tsmuxer or eac3to can extract AC3/DTS core, aften to encode to compliant AC3 bitrate
- subtitles, tsmuxer can resize bd sup to dvd sup
- chapters, eac3to can extract mkv like files that can be translated into celltimes format
I really would like to do that. The main barrier is that I do not have a BD reader nor bluray discs... But I believe that some good HD clips could be enough. Could you point me where to download them on the web (yes, I'm a very lazy guy...)?

Quote:
Also it's probably been asked many times before but are there any plans to support CCE encoding?
CCE 2.5 and 2.6x (thru EclCCE) were supported in the early AVStoDVD releases (till 1.1.3). Then I removed the support because I wanted to use/push only 100% free software

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum